Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:41:46 AM

The political strategy is to make politics (collectivized resource appropriation) less relevant so people are more in tune with what benefits them, i.e. Welcome to the Knowledge Age.

Where there is law, there is politics. Will your "Knowledge Age" (TPTB_need_war) maintain "law and order?"

The Inverse Commons is a natural law that not only maintains order, it fosters maximum productivity. See the video I added from Linus Torvalds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:01:09 AM

The Inverse Commons is a natural law that not only maintains order, it fosters maximum productivity. See the video I added from Linus Torvalds.

Maximal production is that production which is minimal for all others, for the loss of capital to another is more egregious than the loss of capital from oneself. (Thought: "survival of the fittest" as it contrasts with "survival of a fittest.")

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:04:09 AM

Maximal production is that production which is minimal for all others

Nonsense. Study again the concept of the Inverse Commons. The entire point is every one wins (degrees-of-freedom and entropy progresses towards maximum).

username18333

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:06:21 AM

Nonsense. Study again the concept of the Inverse Commons. The entire point is every one wins (degrees-of-freedom and entropy progresses towards maximum).

What you miss is that if someone else is "win[ning]" (TPTB_need_war) that means, to nature, that one is not "THE fittest" and, thus, has "lost" the game of survival. (Under natural selection, the reduction of a population of one merely means that the refinement of that population is optimal, thus, it [such selection] shall embed that end within populations [as has been observed in human tyranny].)

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:12:19 AM

Actually go read and learn before you reply. The Inverse Commons doesn't award winnership to any one party. Everyone enjoins a better outcome. And the winnings are decentralized, diversified. You have an entirely wrong and oversimplistic conceptualization. The degrees-of-freedom are being increased for everyone, that is what the win is.

username18333

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:14:25 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 04:37:49 AM by username18333

Everyone enjoins a better outcome.

Any (at least, physical) thing that someone else has is something I don't have. One doesn't see what it has, it sees what it could have (as your appeals imply).

Quote from: Hesiod (ca. 750‒650 BCE), _Works and Days_, 700 BCE  <http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:abo:tlg,0020,002:404>
[380] More hands mean more work and more increase. If your heart within you desires wealth, do these things and work with work upon work. When the Pleiades, daughters of Atlas, are rising,1 begin your harvest, and your ploughing when they are going to set.2 [385] Forty nights and days they are hidden and appear again as the year moves round, when first you sharpen your sickle. This is the law of the plains, and of those who live near the sea, [390] and who inhabit rich country, the glens and hollows far from the tossing sea,—strip to sow and strip to plough and strip to reap, if you wish to get in all Demeter's fruits in due season, and that each kind may grow in its season.

(Note: your message is nothing new.)

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:25:20 AM

Everyone enjoins a better outcome.

Any (at least, physical) thing that someone else has is something I don't have. One doesn't see what it has, it sees what it could have (as your appeals imply).

Again increases in degrees-of-freedom doesn't have to be selfish even if it is physical. For example, if remove that obstacle that makes us all walk further than we need to.

username18333

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:28:23 AM

Again increases in degrees-of-freedom doesn't have to be selfish even if it is physical. For example, if remove that obstacle that makes us all walk further than we need to.

Despite the harem his god had permitted him, Solomon is known to have pursued women his god would have him not have pursued. (I.e., maximization [in this case, of one's reproductive output] does not, necessarily, have a finite limit but could be a behavioral analog of a polynomial function.)

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:36:01 AM

Girls, girls, please...  Take it to another thread...  "The rest of us" will thank you.  Perhaps the "How Many Angels?" one...  Tongue

TPTB

Your nestmann link taught me something I did not know but makes perfect sense (blue from the link):

One anonymous ex-IRS attorney says:

Almost every large firm or corporation has a person inside the IRS. It’s a revolving door, with the top two or three management layers all from big accounting and law firms, and this is why they won’t work big billion-dollar cases criminally. Private bar attorneys are, in effect, controlling the IRS. It’s a type of corruption – that’s the word used by one IRS agent I’m in touch with whose case was shut down by higher ups without cause.

THAT makes perfect sense.  Companies with their own good ol boyz inside the machine.

TPTB's link from before (and source of above snip):

http://www.nestmann.com/why-the-irs-goes-after-the-minnows-and-ignores-the-whales#.VbxLLPlVhHw
username18333

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:41:16 AM

Your nestmann link taught me something I did not know but makes perfect sense (blue from the link):

One anonymous ex-IRS attorney says:

Almost every large firm or corporation has a person inside the IRS. It’s a revolving door, with the top two or three management layers all from big accounting and law firms, and this is why they won’t work big billion-dollar cases criminally. Private bar attorneys are, in effect, controlling the IRS. It’s a type of corruption – that’s the word used by one IRS agent I’m in touch with whose case was shut down by higher ups without cause.

THAT makes perfect sense.  Companies with their own good ol boyz inside the machine.

Quote from: Plato, _Euthyphro_, 380 BCE
Soc. We shall know better, my good friend, in a little while. The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the [capital] or [money] is beloved by the [1‱] because it is [money], or [money] because it is beloved of the [1‱].
(Germaneness mine.)

(Hopefully, the classical proliferation of plutocratic government will become apparent before it becomes conspicuous. Should it, that shackle whereby one is bound thereto, centrally-distributed money, might be repudiated.)

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:50:31 AM

Engineering is attention to detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2z42pWBbc

And pride in seeing others use the creation (listen to the lead developer express his admiration):

https://youtu.be/uZ2z42pWBbc?t=1871

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:53:11 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/11771851/First-victim-of-Spains-gag-law-fined-for-criticising-lazy-police.html
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:26:34 PM

Does anyone know this "300%" asset Casey is referring to? He says it isn't silver. And what is this tax strategy he is referring to?

https://www.caseyresearch.com/cm/how-to-survive-a-real-currency-collapse

Today, most Americans know absolutely nothing about, let alone own, this incredibly valuable asset. This has nothing to do with gold coins, silver, collectibles, or real estate of any kind, yet it could be the single most important step you take to preserve your wealth.

That’s why I’d like to tell you about another form of currency that retains its value like gold does, only, it’s not as expensive (it, too, has retained its value through all of history’s worst crises).

I’m talking, of course, about silver.

Americans are finally starting to wake up to the fact that silver is real money… and one of the few forms of protection against reckless and irresponsible government spending.

Did you know, for example, that after the banking collapse in 2008 investors purchased 20-times more Silver Eagle coins than Gold Eagles?

And get this: Last year (2014) was a record year for Silver Eagle coins sales. The U.S. Mint sold more Silver Eagles in 2014 than in any year prior. Over the past 5 years, the sales of Silver Eagles have outpaced Gold Eagles by 300%.

And here’s the best thing about silver…

Should the “you-know-what” hit the fan… silver is going to be much more practical than gold for day-to-day purchases. You see, because silver is far less valuable, it is actually far more useful than gold for buying small, day-to-day items during a crisis.

You could buy canned goods with one silver coin at the grocery store. Then you could buy diapers at the drugstore with another silver coin.

You can’t do that with gold.

It’s also safer to carry silver during a crisis. There’s a saying that “gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen.” You don’t want to look like a king during a monetary crisis.

That’s why silver will be absolutely essential for day-to-day life during a currency crisis.

Yes, gold is the ultimate store of wealth… just make sure you own some silver too.

That’s why my firm has done a ton of research on this precious metal. We have found great ways to buy and hold the metal personally… to have it stored in a secure location in the United States and overseas.

We recently found what might be the single greatest tax loophole in America—ever.

I’m talking about way to essentially (and legally) remove yourself from the federal and state tax code, without leaving America—AND exempt yourself from paying taxes on dividends, interest, and capital gains, too.

No, I’m not talking about giving up your citizenship, or anything as drastic as that.

But still, this course of action is certainly not for everyone. It requires a major change in lifestyle. But it is a very real option.

The reality is, there’s no telling how bad things are going to get as the government continues its gross overreach upon the American public. This is an option every American, at the very least, should be aware of. I personally think it will make sense for a lot of people.

Several of my friends and colleagues have already taken advantage of this strategy. So have some of America’s richest investors and retirees including billionaire John Paulson and Nicholas Prouty, who runs private equity firm Putnam Bridge.

I’m seriously considering it too as an option down the road.

I’ve even read in the New York Times that the tax savings could add up to at least in the six figures every single year, depending on your income.

I don’t want to say any more about it than that, here in this letter. The truth is, the fewer people who know about this, the better.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:38:41 PM

TPTB

I don't what it is, but I have seen similar ads/spammo like that.

Usually I find that at the end of such long & involved pitches (without the important info), I find someone asking for money...  And such ads/spammo seem to lead to low value.

But, if you find out what's better than Au or Ag, let us know!  LOL.  Smiley

EDIT: Hyperinflation usually does NOT lead to people using silver as currency.  PERU went through a bad hyperinflation in the 1980s, they used local currency and US$ (both).  The local stuff they spent FAST!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:49:34 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 08:08:18 PM by TPTB_need_war

I will agree with Armstrong's skepticism on cryptocurrencies. We can even see that Bitcoin is becoming increasingly centralized (by design)

not by design. Capital always consolidates. Or certain structures in society generally for that matter. That's an unsolved problem. Probably unsolvable. Also if we lived in a money-less world, some would have more power and influence than others. At best we could get an ~ 80-20 distribution I guess, that seems to be the rule of thumb of balance in nature.

I solved that to great extent by making economy-of-scale in a crypto-currency network work against itself.

As many know from my posts in the Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP thread, I claim to have invented a very different form of decentralized consensus network algorithm which employs proof-of-work and a block chain, but which does not have the scaling nor centralization issues of Satoshi's design.

I have recently also invented new math which is superior to both Cryptonote and Blockstream's Confidential Transactions.

I have made also numerous other innovations on crypto-currency design.

I even explained that I would be able to show it is possible to launch a coin by ICO and prove mathematically that the controlling group could not own more than x% of the total coin supply.

You'd think with such designs at-hand, that I would be ecstatic and optimistic. The reason I've been somewhat dismissive about my capabilities lately, is because I nearly wasted the entire past 6 weeks trying to locate a mathematician (with strong interest or knowledge in discrete math and especially applicability to Berstein's EdDSA) who would work with me to peer review my work and also a programmer to help me implement. I am a programmer, but it just seems impractical to try to implement something of such complexity all by oneself.

I had commitments for angel investment (i.e. a controlling group was taking form) in order to hire the help, but I couldn't find anyone who is qualified that is both interested and willing to follow a few basic computer security policies. Even some of the potential angel investors (e.g. rpietila) are unwilling to institute basic computer security policies with my assistance, so it as if no one really gives a fuck about what is happening to the world.

I had one junior-level programmer express interest to work with me and he had some experience coding a block chain explorer in the past, but he refused to learn any new programming language and only is available in Javascript. I eat programming languages for breakfast. One has to wonder how someone with such myopia could really grasp the math and wide range aptitude required. So I respectfully declined.

I am dismayed. My inventions are real and could potentially save the planet, yet no one is helping.

Why should I open source my ideas prematurely losing all the profit from being the first to launch a coin based around these technologies? That is inane. Fuck if the world won't even let me be rewarded for all my effort, then maybe the world doesn't deserve to be saved.

It is incredibly fucking ridiculous.

libertad

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:03:28 PM

We recently found what might be the single greatest tax loophole in America—ever.

I’m talking about way to essentially (and legally) remove yourself from the federal and state tax code, without leaving America—AND exempt yourself from paying taxes on dividends, interest, and capital gains, too.

No, I’m not talking about giving up your citizenship, or anything as drastic as that.

But still, this course of action is certainly not for everyone. It requires a major change in lifestyle. But it is a very real option.

The reality is, there’s no telling how bad things are going to get as the government continues its gross overreach upon the American public. This is an option every American, at the very least, should be aware of. I personally think it will make sense for a lot of people.

Several of my friends and colleagues have already taken advantage of this strategy. So have some of America’s richest investors and retirees including billionaire John Paulson and Nicholas Prouty, who runs private equity firm Putnam Bridge.

I’ve even read in the New York Times that the tax savings could add up to at least in the six figures every single year, depending on your income.

I don’t want to say any more about it than that, here in this letter. The truth is, the fewer people who know about this, the better.

Here he is talking about moving to Puerto Rico.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:22:34 AM

Here he is talking about moving to Puerto Rico.

http://www.nestmann.com/puerto-rico-dont-believe-the-hype

http://www.nestmann.com/is-puerto-rico-really-the-perfect-tax-haven

http://www.nestmann.com/tax-heavyweight-says-congress-should-end-puerto-rico-tax-incentive

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:23:33 AM

One of my proposed solutions...

Who wants to start an anarchist micronation?

Please click and go vote.

I expect most people do not want freedom. Thus they will not vote "Yes to both". People think they want freedom, but they really don't.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:00:01 AM

I expect most people do not want freedom. Thus they will not vote "Yes to both". People think they want freedom, but they really don't.
One does not simply "vote" for anarchy.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:08:36 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 01:20:13 AM by TPTB_need_war

One does not simply "vote" for anarchy.

Well I am arguing at the linked thread, that some balance between perfect anarchy and the world we current live in will be required to get any practical achievement.

Edit: I have not forsaken the orthogonal concept of an anonymous Knowledge Age so as to be defacto sovereign individually without any vote nor group affiliation. Remember we still have a physical body thus we are always physically present in some jurisdiction. The linked post above addresses this reality of our physicality.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: