Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:55:26 AM

Clever but no the solution is paradigmatic or algorithmic and not related to hardware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 06:58:25 AM

Clever but no the solution is paradigmatic or algorithmic and not related to hardware.

You mean to say, then, that you will execute these algorithms in your mind and network via telepathy?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:08:46 AM

You mean to say, then, that you will execute these algorithms in your mind and network via telepathy?

"Solution" means a change from the existing. Code will still run on hardware, but the nature of the changes required have nothing to with any role that hardware plays.

I understand from what you wrote upthread that you may think that for as long as we use the establishment's hardware, then we can't win, and I emphatically disagree (and have very sound reasons for disagreeing which I will not detail now).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:31:31 AM

Quote from: Emil Protalinski link=http://www.techspot.com/news/41643-intels-sandy-bridge-processors-have-a-remote-kill-switch.html
Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors have a new feature that the chip giant is calling Anti-Theft 3.0. The processor can be disabled even if the computer has no Internet connection or isn't even turned on, over a 3G network.

FUD.

I know the hardware is compromised but not to the degree you are thinking.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:38:15 AM

I know the hardware is compromised but not to the degree you are thinking.

Quote from: Maxine Cheung link=http://www.techspot.com/news/40246-intels-sandy-bridge-processors-slated-for-early-2011.html
With Intel anti-theft technology built into Sandy Bridge, Allen said users can set it up so that if their laptop gets lost or stolen, it can be shut down remotely. The microprocessor also comes with enhanced recovery and patching capabilities.

The "NWO" (TPTB_need_war) could engineer remote shutdown for "users" (Cheung) but not themselves‽

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:49:04 AM

As for “...the worst of what is coming won't kick in until after 2016...” do you think this is still the case with the UK and Europe? I kind of got the impression that America would be going through what we will around 18 months afterwards.

Yeah but for as long as the safe haven of USA is still standing then won't that provide a some buffer against total collapse? The wealthy Europeans can move their capital out to the USA. It is when the USA turns down hard, that the world will really be chaotic.

Armstrong finally sets the exact date of the global collapse.

http://www.welt.de/finanzen/geldanlage/article140550440/Es-wird-zu-einem-grossen-Crash-kommen.html

Armstrong: There's nothing left, where you can tuck his money in good conscience. Maybe it will again give you the opportunity in America after the bursting of the sovereign debt bubble [after October 1, 2015], after a pullback in equities to enter. But then at some point it's over.

Die Welt: What does your model?

Armstrong: The great crash will come. 2017 or 2018th

If anyone can speak German and give us a more accurate translation, that might be useful.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:01:36 AM

Again, the notion that so ominous a body as your "NWO" (TPTB_need_war) would engineer a system (be it a computer or financial system) without a net jutting out of the cliff face (below the proverbial "cliff's edge") is patently absurd.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:10:30 AM

Again, the notion that so ominous a body as your "NWO" (TPTB_need_war) would engineer a system (be it a computer or financial system) without a net jutting out of the cliff face (below the proverbial "cliff's edge") is patently absurd.

Of course they have a net to arrest the collapse (but not until after the necessary suffering and war to get the capitulation of nation-state sovereignty they demand). The collapse is to scare everyone into the one-world reserve currency monetary reset outcome.

Bitcoin is part of the plan to move us to centrally controlled digital money.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:37:16 AM

I was asked to provide a short summary of my investment theses especially related to silver. Well I have to practice keeping it short.

1. Savings are deferred consumption/investment, which can be used for consumption/investment later.

2. Previously, savings without knowledge were able to provide a positive return on capital, in the 1700s this was about 5% but has steadily declined. Now it is hardly possible to get more than 2%. Taxation by inflation (capital "gains") is the main way how this is accomplished lately.

3. The Knowledge age does change the rules such that very little capital is typically needed for the most interesting projects. Some is needed, but the critical component is knowledge.

4. Accumulated capital preservation is difficult, therefore it makes sense to only hold a smallish amount and diversify it to combat threats.

5. "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose" means that every asset, person, jurisdiction, vehicle etc. you own should only be a smallish % of your portfolio that you can afford to lose, in case a threat towards that materializes. Not all assets can go to zero in the market, but most can be taken away from you, resulting in total loss of that asset. Some assets may also be very illiquid for an unforeknown time, depending on the jurisdiction, so there always need to be some assets you can tap into for the cashflow needs.

6. Keeping your skills up-to-date, both personal/network skills, productive skills and asset management skills, is very important.

7. Portfolio should contain components that are well shielded and minimally intercorrelated against total loss risks (wealth preservation) and components that have a chance to appreciate in value and/or provide cash flow.

8. I have been a "silver bug" in a sense that I regarded it as a great investment and was overweight, in 2006-2013, then I was a Bitcoin bug for a short time, and now have been a Monero bug, because it now holds the same promise that the previous ones did earlier. (Monero is so cheap that I am not even much weighted, because the potential upside is so great.) Both silver and bitcoin are now relegated to wealth preservation roles in my thinking, both still having the potential of large upside though.

9. I have never been a gold bug but have occasionally owned some gold.

10. Neither a lender nor a borrower be. Knowledge economy does not have a place for debt (obligation to pay a fixed sum regardless of the outcome of the venture) in it. Crowdfunding in all forms is the way to go.

11. The role of financial capital is to enable the most effective use of knowledge capital, and even before Bitcoin was invented, my productivity has not much been hampered by the lack of financial capital. I am content with the amount that I have, and in the long term more is probably coming when one of my current or future long-shots matures. The excess I have keenly donated to charitable purposes, although finding worthy recipients is difficult.

12. The theses do not consider the "industrial-age" situations where pooling of massive resources under a centralized command was necessary. Some projects still have these attributes, but most of them could already be reorganized, power politics are hindering the progress.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:44:02 AM

I was asked to provide a short summary of my investment theses especially related to silver. Well I have to practice keeping it short.

Your “theses” (rpietila) seem to presume that the extent of major silver holdings is known. What kind of idiot statesman wouldn’t only publicize a portion thereof so as to ensure that even the gold- and silver-bugs get hit by his recession? Do you two honestly believe them to be a herd of court jesters prancing about earth humanity to provide diversion to (read: not for) the Anunnaki‽

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:27:53 AM

Edit: I will give you one more hint. Bitcoin's design conflated what is centralized with what can be decentralized, thus causing the entire design to have a centralized final destiny. The solution is to unconflate.

It is sort of like how we felt when we read Satoshi's whitepaper, "why didn't I think of that!". Adam Back's hashcash concept was already known. The Satoshi Proof-of-Work was a fairly obvious step, but yet no one saw it until he published.

When this hit me in the forehead, my reaction was "this is sort of obvious, it must have a flaw because surely someone else thought of this before". So I as I dug into potential pitfalls it became more clear to me why others may not have entertained this idea before. The key is that true decentralization arises from careful use of centralization and that is what I believe makes the concept non-obvious, even though once it is revealed it seems quite simple and obvious.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:33:55 AM

2. Previously, savings without knowledge were able to provide a positive return on capital, in the 1700s this was about 5% but has steadily declined. Now it is hardly possible to get more than 2%. Taxation by inflation (capital "gains") is the main way how this is accomplished lately.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:41:20 AM

Your “theses” (rpietila) seem to presume that the extent of major silver holdings is known. What kind of idiot statesman wouldn’t only publicize a portion thereof so as to ensure that even the gold- and silver-bugs get hit by his recession? Do you two honestly believe them to be a herd of court jesters prancing about earth humanity to provide diversion to (read: not for) the Anunnaki‽

Umm.. how can you read such a message from the theses? The matter was not even mentioned.

I advocate, more than most, the idea that was mentioned - that nothing, including gold, silver, BTC, Monero, land, business, and of course all the paper investments, is safe. But they have different risk profiles. I encourage diversification, but not in the traditional sense to smooth out the volatility, but in the sense to make the simultaneous total loss of all assets less likely.

This emphasis is the direct consequence from my understanding that especially in these days, ownership of financial capital and freedom to do anything at all which matters with it, correlate negatively. On the other hand, losing all your assets is a major blow that must be avoided, even if it means below-average returns.

Of course in practice it does not mean below average returns, quite the opposite: (the total loss of all your) cryptos are so little correlated to that of other assets that it makes sense to own them as long-term investments, so the potential to hit big with a meaningfully sized and diversified crypto portfolio is good.

As for the existence of Ag on earth, I have written a book about it, with my university Economics-Geology background. But let's not go into it because it is irrelevant on the topic, even if all my research and scenario thinking somehow had managed to miss the key aspects  Roll Eyes

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:46:15 AM

Quote from: Darby Version, Deut. 23.19-20
Thou shalt take no interest of thy brother, interest of money, interest of victuals, interest of anything that can be lent upon interest: of a foreigner thou mayest take interest, but of thy brother thou shalt not take interest; that Jehovah thy God may bless thee in all the business of thy hand in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:47:28 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 10:01:07 AM by TPTB_need_war

1. Savings are deferred consumption/investment, which can be used for consumption/investment later.

I posit savings had long-ago moved to NIRP in the form of inflation and now with deflation taking over, the NIRP has moved to interest rates.

In short, savings (idle monetary capital) will never again generate positive ROI. You must actively invest now to get positive ROI.

This is why I said say 5% debasement for altcoin (as an alternative to tx fees if the holistic design is viable) was not anything inconsistent with reality. Your appreciation gains far outstrip the debasement (and make the level of debasement basically irrelevant), otherwise you shouldn't be holding it as investment any more (use it as a checking/savings account) in which case 5% is roughly about what banks charge in fees on a small checking account balance.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:48:15 AM

As for the existence of Ag on earth, I have written a book about it, with my university Economics-Geology background.

Did you write a book about all the gold Enki had removed from earth?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:50:04 AM

As for the existence of Ag on earth, I have written a book about it, with my university Economics-Geology background.

Did you write a book about all the gold Enki had removed from earth?

Risto I am not sure it is productive to debate those who appear to me to be high on drugs (or just in "lala" land). Even if all the mythology was true, he is far from making his points relevant.

It is a damn shame that he is cluttering this thread with useless noise and obfuscating the useful discussion here.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:54:21 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 10:38:09 PM by username18333

Risto I am not sure it is productive to debate those who appear to me to be high on drugs (or just in "lala" land). Even if all the mythology was true, he is far from making his points relevant.

It's not your system you discuss, and it didn't appear spontaneously: abandon Enki's system.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:56:58 AM

4. Accumulated capital preservation is difficult, therefore it makes sense to only hold a smallish amount and diversify it to combat threats.

Can you elaborate?

How to delineate the taxonomy?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 11:19:40 AM by TPTB_need_war

8. I have been a "silver bug" in a sense that I regarded it as a great investment and was overweight, in 2006-2013, then I was a Bitcoin bug for a short time, and now have been a Monero bug, because it now holds the same promise that the previous ones did earlier. (Monero is so cheap that I am not even much weighted, because the potential upside is so great.) Both silver and bitcoin are now relegated to wealth preservation roles in my thinking, both still having the potential of large upside though.

9. I have never been a gold bug but have occasionally owned some gold.

10. Neither a lender nor a borrower be. Knowledge economy does not have a place for debt (obligation to pay a fixed sum regardless of the outcome of the venture) in it. Crowdfunding in all forms is the way to go.

11. The role of financial capital is to enable the most effective use of knowledge capital, and even before Bitcoin was invented, my productivity has not much been hampered by the lack of financial capital. I am content with the amount that I have, and in the long term more is probably coming when one of my current or future long-shots matures. The excess I have keenly donated to charitable purposes, although finding worthy recipients is difficult.

12. The theses do not consider the "industrial-age" situations where pooling of massive resources under a centralized command was necessary. Some projects still have these attributes, but most of them could already be reorganized, power politics are hindering the progress.

Risto the entire post was excellent. I thought maybe we were further apart in our thinking, but on the surface of that post it seems we are close to total agreement. Perhaps you've made some changes in your thinking lately?

My quibble is going to be on the fact that silver and Bitcoin are not anonymous[1] and aren't you at all concerned about shielding wealth from socialism deathstar expropriation?

And my other quibble remains that you are not technically qualified to know whether Monero is sufficient to be the big winner. I strongly suggest you need to be more diversified in altcoins if you want to hit the jackpot. One day you are going to learn that in this area (just like you learned on the castle which I warned you was under threat from Russia), my capabilities in some cases exceed aminorex and others you may rely on for technical appraisals (and theirs exceed mine in other cases). Smooth has outsmarted me at times and to the extent he can be objective (considering his close association to Monero) then I would advise trusting his appraisals of any technical writings I make. Aminorex is very smart, but he appears to me to be more of a math guy than a programmer (although my interaction with him is minimal). Smooth is the most astute programmer in altcoins that I have had discussions with. Perhaps there are others but I haven't been able to engage them in productive discussion (e.g. fluffyponey, tacotime, etc).

However, I will admit I don't know of any other altcoins that have sufficient feature sets and ecosystem that give them a better shot than Monero, at least in the anonymity focused subset of altcoins. So in that case I would have to agree with you on the Monero bet up to this point in time. I must mea culpa that I haven't been following altcoins much lately, and I don't know whats up with latest on Nxt, jl777's work, Boolberry, Dogecoin, etc.. I don't even load the coinmarketcap any more.

I am cognizant that you may become complacent/overconfident and miss something. Well I guess it never hurt you to be late and miss the IPO. You missed it for both Monero and Bitcoin. So perhaps it isn't your role to be one of the earliest adopters. And thus I should not be focusing my energy on trying to explain any technical innovation too early in the development cycle. Ditto OROBTC and others. You all can't understand. You all come in much later after the technical experts have already jumped on board. In short, you all must be followers because you don't have the first hand technical acumen.

[1] Anonymity with Bitcoin is is riddled with potential pitfalls. IP anonymity is tricky for any crypto-coin, and Bitcoin doesn't have onchain anonymity. Upthread I already made the case that physical metals will not be anonymous.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: