Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

OT
I already posted that the pope doesn't believe in the bible. There's a video link on the last page of this thread.

That's blasphemy.
He says atheists can saved by their works, not grace through Jesus (this is clearly not biblical)

That is debatable.

Look at Matthew 25:31-46, There is nothing at all here about belief. Only about whether or not we serve our fellow human beings who are in need. And that is the sole criteria Jesus gives in this story about who will go to heaven (eternal life) and who will go to hell (eternal punishment).

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:59:23 PM

OT
I already posted that the pope doesn't believe in the bible. There's a video link on the last page of this thread.

That's blasphemy.
He says atheists can saved by their works, not grace through Jesus (this is clearly not biblical)

That is debatable.

Look at Matthew 25:31-46, There is nothing at all here about belief. Only about whether or not we serve our fellow human beings who are in need. And that is the sole criteria Jesus gives in this story about who will go to heaven (eternal life) and who will go to hell (eternal punishment).

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this? She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.
1aguar

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:01:14 PM

Thank You.
/OT

If you post many times that something is off-topic, maybe you should consider making a new thread or using PM; otherwise your posts just might become the new "on-topic"; just a thought.

Your posts are mistaken; I am correcting them. Emmanuel ("Jesus") taught that God's kingdom is within YOU; therefore,

Forgiveness and mercy must begin within SELF since that is where GOD resides.

Elsewhere in the Bible it states that "ye are gods", so you have to take responsibility for forgiving yourself. No one else can do it for you.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:06:23 PM

Thank You.
/OT

If you post many times that something is off-topic, maybe you should consider making a new thread or using PM; otherwise your posts just might become the new "on-topic"; just a thought.

Your posts are mistaken; I am correcting them. Emmanuel ("Jesus") taught that God's kingdom is within YOU; therefore,

Elsewhere in the Bible it states that "ye are gods", so you have to take responsibility for forgiving yourself. No one else can do it for you.

Do you believe in the words of Pope Francis?

Do you believe in the words of Queen Elisabeth II?

Do you believe in the next fellow man?

The answer to the third question I've already understood.

Please answer the first two.

Thank You.

PS: also post the entire Salm:

6“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

You will die like a man.

You cannot use a single word, you need to quote the entire context.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

Thank You.
/OT

Do you believe in the words of Pope Francis?

Do you believe in the words of Queen Elisabeth II?

Do you believe in the next fellow man?

Thank You.

PS: also post the entire Salm:

6“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

You will die like a man.

I believe the pope and the queen are people. I don't believe they have any ability to forgive sins or should be worshiped in the slightest.

You believe priests have to forgive people, and 1aguar believes you have to forgive yourself.

Only the Lord can forgive you. You both are placing the forgiveness act through humans (a priest or yourself). Only by grace do we get saved, not the forgiveness from some human.
1aguar

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:17:46 PM

OT

That's blasphemy.

That is debatable.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this? She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.

Ah, but are those the words of Emmanuel or the words of the author John? And is Jesus referring to his being or his Oneness with God ("Christ Knowing")? How do these passages compare to the other gospels?

Take a close look at those answers, especialy the first one; I am sure you will learn something; it would be wise to consider that both "heaven" and "hell" as they are traditionally conceived (as eternal, external states of being) are, in actuality, inner states of mind or soul that are generated by actions [not beliefs] in this life. In short, perhaps these notions are only metaphors. Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

Also on that page you will find:
There are many people in the Old Testament that the bible indicates were considered righteous - Abel, Enoch, Noah, Melchizidech, Abraham, and so on.

Finally, consider the evidence of Emmanuel's words; again, quoting from the first answer to the SE question:

If the Official Doctrine of Hell was so important to Jesus himself (like it is to so many fundamentalists), why didn't Jesus explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?

What a great question! Could it be that Emmanuel was open in his teachings and he did not specify that he was my savior because it was simply not the case?
1aguar

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:22:01 PM

Thank You.

You will die like a man.

I don't think you have understood me. You should consider that the Kingdom of God is within you, then you can understand that forgiveness comes from within, since that is where God resides; God IS ALL-FORGIVING MERCY, and you will not shift the responsibility to someone else.

The priest/pope/prophet is not YOUR savior. YOU are your Savior. And the good news is YOU will EARN your way into God's Grace by standing responsible for self and obeying THE LAWS OF GOD/CREATION.

You can ask for forgiveness but you cannot forgive yourself.

So, I think you are mistaken; please try to understand me first, so that we can agree on whether or not what you said here is true.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:25:12 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 12:02:02 AM by BitNow

I believe the pope and the queen are people. I don't believe they have any ability to forgive sins or should be worshiped in the slightest.

You believe priests have to forgive people, and 1aguar believes you have to forgive yourself.

Only the Lord can forgive you. You both are placing the forgiveness act through humans (a priest or yourself). Only by grace do we get saved, not the forgiveness from some human.

Thank You.

You will die like a man.

I don't think you have understood me. You should consider that the Kingdom of God is within you, then you can understand that forgiveness comes from within, since that is where God resides; God IS ALL-FORGIVING MERCY, and you will not shift the responsibility to someone else.

The priest/pope/prophet is not YOUR savior. YOU are your Savior. And the good news is YOU will EARN your way into God's Grace by standing responsible for self and obeying THE LAWS OF GOD/CREATION.

So, I think you are mistaken; please try to understand me first, so that we can agree on whether or not what you said here is true.

How this has something to do with the subject "Why do atheists hate Religion?"

I think your posts are OT (Off Topic).

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:52:25 PM

I am not off-topic...

Man, in general, is kept enslaved to his cult's Initiation. Atheists have difficulty considering new paradigms, so they wrongly dismiss the extensive evidence for rebirth; you can see that no atheist has rationally responded to the 52 points of evidence supporting life-after-death which I linked to.

A most predominant characteristic of the behavior of the evil person is the constant scapegoating. In other words, the evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. Spiritual growth requires the acknowledgment of one's need to grow [in forgiveness, love, truth, etc]. If you cannot make that acknowledgment, you have no option except to attempt to eradicate the evidence of your imperfection.

Incredible as it may appear, evil people are often destructive to unlimited extents because they are actually attempting to “destroy” evil. The problem, of course, is that they misplace the focus and locus of the evil. Instead of destroying others they should be destroying the sickness within self. As life often threatens their false self-image of perfection, they are most often busily engaged in hating and destroying that life--usually in the name of righteousness.

So where does the adversary get its power? The answer, chelas [students], is from YOU!
You have "allowed" the adversary to intimidate you, and when you became "afraid", you gave the adversary your GOD-POWER. He controls you though your perceived "separation" from God.

GOD is all-compassionate LOVE and MERCY. It is the adversary who seeks punishment and is absolutely merciless! You who have allowed yourselves to be ruled by the adversary WILL PUNISH SELF AND BLAME GOD EVERY TIME!

So, to grow spiritually, you must love truth, love others, and be responsible for self. Forgiveness and mercy must begin within SELF since that is where GOD resides. That is to say: Forgiveness is between you and God, not anyone else. YOU MUST PETITION GOD WITHIN YOU TO GUIDE, PROTECT AND SUSTAIN YOU WITH LOVE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE POWER OF YOUR WILL AND HIS WILL AS ONE!
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:00:06 AM

I am not off-topic...

Man, in general, is kept enslaved to his cult's Initiation. Atheists have difficulty considering new paradigms, so they wrongly dismiss the extensive evidence for rebirth; you can see that no atheist has rationally responded to the 52 points of evidence supporting life-after-death which I linked to.

A most predominant characteristic of the behavior of the evil person is the constant scapegoating. In other words, the evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. Spiritual growth requires the acknowledgment of one's need to grow [in forgiveness, love, truth, etc]. If you cannot make that acknowledgment, you have no option except to attempt to eradicate the evidence of your imperfection.

Incredible as it may appear, evil people are often destructive to unlimited extents because they are actually attempting to “destroy” evil. The problem, of course, is that they misplace the focus and locus of the evil. Instead of destroying others they should be destroying the sickness within self. As life often threatens their false self-image of perfection, they are most often busily engaged in hating and destroying that life--usually in the name of righteousness.

So where does the adversary get its power? The answer, chelas [students], is from YOU!
You have "allowed" the adversary to intimidate you, and when you became "afraid", you gave the adversary your GOD-POWER. He controls you though your perceived "separation" from God.

GOD is all-compassionate LOVE and MERCY. It is the adversary who seeks punishment and is absolutely merciless! You who have allowed yourselves to be ruled by the adversary WILL PUNISH SELF AND BLAME GOD EVERY TIME!

So, to grow spiritually, you must love truth, love others, and be responsible for self. Forgiveness and mercy must begin within SELF since that is where GOD resides. That is to say: Forgiveness is between you and God, not anyone else. YOU MUST PETITION GOD WITHIN YOU TO GUIDE, PROTECT AND SUSTAIN YOU WITH LOVE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE POWER OF YOUR WILL AND HIS WILL AS ONE!

How this has something to do with the subject "Why do atheists hate Religion?"?

Could you at least answer to the topic before thinking you are the Pope?!?

If you are not able to reply to the subject of this thread your post is OT (Off Topic).

Why do atheists hate Religion in your opinion?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:12:04 AM

A most predominant characteristic of the behavior of the evil person is the constant scapegoating... others instead of facing their own failures.

Please read more carefully next time.

"No one can properly understand any part of a thing till he has read through the whole again and again".
--Latin Maxim of Law
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:14:47 AM

A most predominant characteristic of the behavior of the evil person is the constant scapegoating... others instead of facing their own failures.

Please read more carefully next time.

"No one can properly understand any part of a thing till he has read through the whole again and again".
--Latin Maxim of Law

You cannot keep the topic of the thread and you try to teach others about Faith.

I repeat: Why do atheists hate Religion in your opinion?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:31:48 AM

Thank You.

You will die like a man.

How this has something to do with the subject "Why do atheists hate Religion?"

I think your posts are OT (Off Topic).

Thank You.

That's funny. You asked me a question, and I answered and you tell me I'm off topic? Why even bother asking me the question?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:36:01 AM

Are Catholics Christian?

The Roman Catholic "Church" is Not Christian

Video: Satanic Pope Francis Says Having A Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous !!!

Video: WARNING !!! Pope Calls Jesus and the Bible a LIE !!! False Prophet EXPOSED !!!

Sorry, I can't find the other video right now. But this is a good starting point.

Edit: Found a link from Vigilant Christian: Detailed Documentary Exposing Catholic Church (8 hrs)

Also just a side note, the Catholic church teaches you can give money and save yourself from purgatory.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

This doesn't mean some people who believe they're Catholics and love Jesus, won't be saved (I was a Catholic, remember). It just means that the institution of Catholicism does not teach Christianity.

This is to give more fuel to the always discussing americanism.

You need to question everything even the Pope.

Again, we are going OFF TOPIC: we are not discussing anymore atheism, we are discussing Religion.

How this has something to do with the subject "Why do atheists hate Religion?".

Thank You.

That's funny. You asked me a question, and I answered and you tell me I'm off topic? Why even bother asking me the question?

I know you answered.

My post was for 1aguar.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:37:28 AM

It is quoted; please check.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:42:49 AM

It is quoted; please check.

I've already answered the question "Why do atheists hate religion?"

Quoting myslef:

I'm not saying that is the Bible that says it. => "atheists needs to die" <= I'm not saying that is the Bible that says it.

The explanation for the phrase "atheists needs to die" is found in the sin of idolatry (1st and 2nd commandements) and the punishment is death (Golden Calf episode)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf

And the answer "atheists needs to die" is also the answer to the question "Why atheists hate Religion?".
(if somebody tell you that you needs to die because you are atheist I don't think you're going to love him/her, although I may be wrong in some special cases).

I think this thread can be closed now.

Could you answer the question: why do atheists hate Religion in your opinion?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:47:30 AM

Atheists attack others instead of facing their own failures. This is not so for atheists who have grown spiritually, so not all atheists hate religion.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:49:30 AM

Atheists attack others instead of facing their own failures.

And most of the times they reply to a question with a new question.

That is very unpolite.

This is not so for atheists who have grown spiritually, so not all atheists hate religion.

That is because when they pass the man that they were fighting they find themselfs again lost cause they pass the men with reason not with Faith.

Do you agree why my conclusion that atheists needs to die?

Again: this is a theological conclusion this is not my opinion.

This is needed as people do not harm others based on my words.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:52:11 AM

That is because when they pass the man that they were fighting they find themselfs again lost cause they pass the men with reason not with Faith.
Many Christians believe that Jesus is their savior and justify this by faith, not realizing that Jesus never once suggested that he was my savior; such believers should make better use of their reasoning faculties. I value good actions more than faith. Man is a creature of reason, so it is good to use reason when debating facts; it is too bad that so few are aware of the evidence of the afterlife or else we would have far more reasoned discussion about these topics; I feel that this evidence can be used to prove the existence of a supreme being, and help show the way to atheists. Some atheists have so much "faith" in their own worldview that they prejudicially dismiss all evidence of life-after-death and thus behave irrationally. Faith seems to be an irrational and dogmatic state of mind, so I will instead advise the seeker to read it ALL and then decide in wisdom of knowledge.

See: http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html

Do you agree why my conclusion that atheists needs to die?

Again: this is a theological conclusion this is not my opinion.

This is needed as people do not harm others based on my words.

I was once an atheist, so if I had been deserving of death then, and was killed, then I would never have been redeemed.
Also, if you say "atheists should die", then there must be someone to do the killing. This is not God's will because God does not destroy. When you say "this is the will of the Father, this is the will of God, this is a theological conclusion", you have to realize that it is coming from within you, for that is where God resides.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:44:22 AM

And what do you think happens if you don't confess your sins to a priest before you die?
You go to hell.
Why confess to a priest? Instead of confessing indirectly to God via some self-appointed third party, why not just confess to God directly?
You cannot forgive yourself. You need a priest to forgive your sins or speak to your father directly. Don't overestimate yourself.
Then why does the bible say you can ask for forgiveness for your sins? Oh, and the priest can't forgive you, only the Lord can.
Because you can.

Only the Lord can forgive you, not the priest. If you believe the priest has to power to forgive you, you are worshiping a man and not the Christian Lord.
The Christian lord is the pope.

A priest can forgive you as he receive mandate from the pope to confess you.

Wow Shocked, the pope has self-appointed himself authority over God who gets forgiven or not.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: