Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:56:13 PM

He doesn't believe that Jesus Christ saves us, so no it's not Christian.

From their website "Phoenix Journals as scribed by 'dharma' for Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn."

Who is Commander Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn?

His answer: "I serve aboard the Command Ship, and I head the Fleet Command.  I am Commander of the United Federation Fleet, Intergalactic Federation Command. " (link)

He's an alien.

So why then the use 1aguar speaks so much about Jesus Christ?

Thank You.

Because there are always people who will claim to be "Christian" and then talk about something that is not Christian. The bible warns us of "Wolves in sheep's clothing".

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The will of the Lord is in the commandments, and it's to love the Lord with all our hearts and put no one above Him. Believing you (a human) can save yourself, which is what 1aguar speaks of, is breaking a commandment and not doing the Lord's will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 03:26:14 PM

Because there are always people who will claim to be "Christian" and then talk about something that is not Christian. The bible warns us of "Wolves in sheep's clothing".

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The will of the Lord is in the commandments, and it's to love the Lord with all our hearts and put no one above Him. Believing you (a human) can save yourself, which is what 1aguar speaks of, is breaking a commandment and not doing the Lord's will.

Thank You for the info.

Thank You.

PS: now I can understand Scientology more clear.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:10:13 PM

Thank You for the info.

Thank You.

PS: now I can understand Scientology more clear.

I'm glad you find it interesting. But please remember, I believe the pope and priests are people (humans), and therefore, believing one can save you from hell, is doing the same thing, breaking the commandment to put no one above the Lord.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 04:14:09 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 04:24:13 PM by BitNow

I'm glad you find it interesting. But please remember, I believe the pope and priests are people (humans), and therefore, believing one can save you from hell, is doing the same thing, breaking the commandment to put no one above the Lord.

You have a strange concept of Sin.

"Can I ask you a question? What branch of Christianity are you?"

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Sanjx

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:34:01 PM

That is not true: as Christian you are teached the dogma of the Holy Trinity:
  • the Father is God
  • the Son is God
  • the Holy Spirit is God
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

The bible with it's sixty -six books opens with "In the beginning God..."In the beginning of the Bible there was God only and nothing else. At that time God was only in His one aspect the "triune" Father, Son, and Spirit. Therefore, God referred to Himself "Us" and "Our". In Genesis 1:26 God said,"Let Us make man in our image, according to Our likeness." This indicates that God is three - the Father, the Son, and spirit- and therefore has the aspect of being three. Beside this, there was nothing else.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:35:44 PM

You have a strange concept of Sin.

"Can I ask you a question? What branch of Christianity are you?"

Thank You.

I don't see why it's odd, to say breaking the commandments is sinning.

I'm Christian, I follow Jesus Christ's teachings. Trying to break it down into anything else is complicating something that doesn't have to be complicated.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:56:41 PM

First of all, there is ONE God over all. That's the one I believe in. Why do I believe when I know? I believe because there is a lot I don't understand about Him.

We have gone all over the place in this thread. So, I will state that I believe the Christian perspective, that is the Bible perspective, on God. I believe that the Bible is a miracle as to how it came into existence. The way the Bible came into existence, and the other facts about it, just couldn't have happened without Divine guidance.

Smiley
So... do you also believe that your god is eternal?
Because if that's the case you assume that your god is an atheist.

Oh, you are simply playing games.

God doesn't need eternity to be God. But He is eternal as far as we are concerned, because that is the only way we can understand the "time" aspect of Him.

God is not an atheist. God readily accepts and acts on the fact that He is God.

The atheist sets himself up as God by claiming decision making ability for something that he can't rightly make a decision about... that there is no God. So, even if there were no God, there still would be a God in the atheist stating such. Thus, without even knowing it, the atheist is a liar, while God is truthful.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:02:19 PM

That is not true: as Christian you are teached the dogma of the Holy Trinity:
  • the Father is God
  • the Son is God
  • the Holy Spirit is God
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

The bible with it's sixty -six books opens with "In the beginning God..."In the beginning of the Bible there was God only and nothing else. At that time God was only in His one aspect the "triune" Father, Son, and Spirit. Therefore, God referred to Himself "Us" and "Our". In Genesis 1:26 God said,"Let Us make man in our image, according to Our likeness." This indicates that God is three - the Father, the Son, and spirit- and therefore has the aspect of being three. Beside this, there was nothing else.

That is what I was referring 9 pages ago:

G-d is an English word indicating deity.

This word is derived first from Latin which, in its turn, derived from Greek as well. This word "God" was first invented in the greek version of the Bible "The Septuagint" from where the Latin and the English version are derived.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint

In the hebrew version of the Bible (Tanakh) the term G-d is translated with: Elohim, Adonai, El and YHWH.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh

Every God's name has it own different meaning. As I think we have lost a lot by incorporating all his names in one word (God) I think it is better to use the word G-d when needed instead using the uncensored version God.

I understand, now, that for you this is not the God's name but you'll never know who will be reading your thoughts so it is better to use the censored version (G-d) to respect the reader.

Hope this is clear enough.

Thank You

The word God is derived from the Greek word Theos.

In the Genesis episode of creation the Hebrew word is Elohim which is the plural of the name Eloah, an expanded form of the common Semitic noun "'il" (ʾēl), which in details is in number:
Despite the -im ending common to many plural masculine nouns in Hebrew, the word is grammatically singular, and takes a singular verb in the Hebrew Bible when referring to God. When used with singular verbs and adjectives elohim is usually singular, "god" or especially, the God. When used with plural verbs and adjectives elohim is usually plural, "gods" or "powers".[1][2] It is usually translated as "God" in the Hebrew Bible, referring with singular verbs both to the God of Israel, and in a few examples to other singular pagan deities. With plural verbs the word is also used as a true plural with the meaning "gods".[3]
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

Jews use Elohim to refer to Gods but than blame us that the Holy Trinity is polytheism.

That's "strange" if not worst.

Thank You.

That's just wrong.

I'm Christian, I follow Jesus Christ's teachings. Trying to break it down into anything else is complicating something that doesn't have to be complicated.

That doesn't answer my question: what branch of Christianity are you?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:05:44 PM

A man might be a father. He might be a husband. He might be the foreman at work. He might be T-ball coach. But he isn't necessarily all of them at the same time or all at once. It depends on his momentary focus. He might be several of them at the same time. But, actually, he is always all of them. How much more the Great God Who is way beyond understanding?!

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:09:35 PM

A man might be a father. He might be a husband. He might be the foreman at work. He might be T-ball coach. But he isn't necessarily all of them at the same time or all at once. It depends on his momentary focus. He might be several of them at the same time. But, actually, he is always all of them. How much more the Great God Who is way beyond understanding?!

Smiley

The only people that are different people at the same time is gay people.

Now I won't ask you the question "is God gay?" as it is clearly stated that this is a sin.
A man must not have sexual relations with a man
- Lev 18:22
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Judaism

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:11:17 PM

Smiley

The only people that are different people at the same time is Gay people.

I won't ask you that question on God as it is clearly stated that this is a sin.
A man must not have sexual relations with a man
- Lev 18:22
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Judaism

Thank You.

God is One, and there is no other.   Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:14:51 PM

God is One, and there is no other.   Smiley

I know we agree on that.

Is the application that we are not on the same foot.

You are Protestant so you believe in only save from Grace but you don't believe that the Pope is the vicar of Christ.

That is though for me that I was grown up to respect the pope, the Catholic Church (the Vatican and the Holy See) and all Christianity as one.

The fact that you are not doing this effort is annoying to me.

Could you repeat your stance on Catholicism and the Pope please?

On the other way: could you say your stance on Anglicanism and the Pope of the Anglicans (Queen Elisabeth II)?

Thank You

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:22:07 PM

God is One, and there is no other.   Smiley

I know we agree on that.

Is the application that we are not on the same foot.

You are Protestant so you believe in only save from Grace but you don't believe that the Pope is the vicar of Christ.

That is though for me that I was grown up to respect the pope, the Catholic Church (the Vatican and the Holy See) and all Christianity as one.

The fact that you are not doing this effort is annoying to me.

Could you repeat your stance on Catholicism and the Pope please?

On the other way: could you say your stance on Anglicanism and the Pope of the Anglicans (Queen Elisabeth II)?

Thank You

We usually have a president of our congregation. We all (over 18) elect him.

Smiley

Kolla

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:34:22 PM

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

The short answer is don't hate at all. Hate is the root of all evil.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:35:47 PM

Smiley

Don't you feel you are out of the mainstream Christianity?

There are 1.2B Catholics who follow Catholic Pope as the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth.

Why don't you follow him?

And most of all: why don't you think this discussion is OT (Off Topic)?

We are discussing Religion and in depth Christianity, we are not answering the question "Why atheists hate Religion?"

Thank You.

I know: this is OT.

This thread is about atheism not Religion.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:38:58 PM

Smiley

Don't you feel you are out of the mainstream Christianity?

There are 1.2B Catholics who follow Catholic Pope as the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth.

Why don't you follow him?

And most of all: why don't you think this discussion is OT (Off Topic)?

We are discussing Religion and in depth Christianity, we are not answering the question "Why atheists hate Religion?"

Thank You.

I know: this is OT.

This thread is about atheism not Religion.

Thank You.

Why follow him?  We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit Jesus sent for us to follow. Why follow a man and not God?

Smiley

Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:40:57 PM

I'm just going to sit back and watch now.

Any arguments on any side with these topics never go anywhere.

Christians will be Christians, Muslims will be Muslims, Atheists with be Atheists.

Seems like religions that people believe in are all they seem to see.

Just bothers me and makes me wonder why society is the way it is.  When people are not open to the idea that everything they know maybe wrong.  Its an idea not something you really have to believe in.

When it comes to the god or gods, you have never met him, spoken with him in a sense that you know for sure you have.  You never met jesus or seen the miracles that were said to have been witnessed.

I mean in reality not in a book, or from what teaching say, or what others have told you.  There is no way you can say that there isnt even a .00000001% possibility that everything taught isnt true.  Because even if the possibility is so small.  The fact is there is still a possibility of everything being untrue or may not even happened at all.

I just wish everyone would see or not be part of the machine as some call it.  Taught, Teach, Obey.  And be open to what they may not think possible.

One thing that is true.  Nothing is impossible.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:42:24 PM

That's just wrong.

So you're ok with breaking the commandments because it's not sinning somehow?

That doesn't answer my question: what branch of Christianity are you?

Thank You.

I come from the root, apparently. I follow Jesus Christ's teachings and don't need to specify a branch, because in this case, Jesus would be the root of the tree.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:44:13 PM

Why follow him?  We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit Jesus sent for us to follow. Why follow a man and not God?

Smiley

The Pope is the Vicar of Christ on Earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

Being a Vicar of Christ means that Jesus Christ told you to continue his mission on Earth.

You said you follow Jesus Christ, then follow the Pope and you will follow Jesus Christ directly.

That is enough clear to you?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:45:24 PM

When it comes to the god or gods, you have never met him, spoken with him in a sense that you know for sure you have.  You never met jesus or seen the miracles that were said to have been witnessed.
I just wish everyone would see or not be part of the machine as some call it.  Taught, Teach, Obey.  And be open to what they may not think possible.

One thing that is true.  Nothing is impossible.

That's just not true. Many people have had experiences with God and seen things that prove it to them. Even people from other religions than Christianity have experienced things that prove their religion to them, in which case I would say the experience came from a demon.

Also you ignore the fact that some people don't grow up being taught religion, and then start to follow a religion. That means they explored life and found something that proved it to them that God was real.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: