Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: UPDATED:(Native Tor wallet and messaging will still be functional after update for TX's only.It will be phased out completely over a reasonable period of time in order for network tx fees to be reduced further or dynamically.)Who would choose the current
(A)  External Tor client allowing Segwit,CSV and all other soft forks. - 8 (53.3%)
(B)  Native Tor client causing major delays and possible stalemate to signalling Segwit,CSV and all nescessary soft forks etc. - 2 (13.3%)
(C)  I am unsure and will leave it to the developers. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBC] BitcoinPlus Official Thread  (Read 407749 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:48:42 PM

XBC price is going higher than ever very soon and volume available to purchase has decreased greatly in the last few weeks so the opportunity to invest in XBC pre mainstream is closing very soon. Just stating this because I want everyone on here to be able to buy the quantity of XBC they want before the door closes.

Bitcoin/Bitcoin Plus. Same thing down the road.

How do you think people can buy when nobody sell it and it is now too expensive?

█████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinplusmagic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 02:22:01 PM

Great to see interest increasing for this coin. Currrent Market Capital taken from Coinmarket is $ 73,557 which equates to 161 BTC. Lots of action on Poloniex this afternoon. For those who have recently invested in this coin and wish to help shape the next direction we take let us know your ideas on the XBC Forum. http://www.bitcoinplus.org/xbcforum/

Whilst the community is starting to grow again its time to start thinking about the next upgrade/development to this coin. The current team have our own ideas but I would rather the collective community decided.

BitcoinPlus - The Alternative Cryptocurrency
Join us on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPlus_XBC
Join us on Telegram - https://t.me/xbcplus
MarketMagic

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 02:22:49 PM

Too expensive? You can still acquire 1% of XBC for less than $1000 which is insanely cheap and even that is an understatement. I bought .5% of XBC May 2014 for $5000 and could have sold it for twice that price later the same day. Ronald Wayne sold 10% of Apple in the late 70's for $800 and ended up in a trailor park. Don't believe me? Research it. Don't miss the boat...

Well unless you are CEO of APPLE or other large mainstream company owner who is personally going to ensure XBC is adopted as your official payment form then you probably should not be hyping like this so unsuspecting noobs go into buying frenzy for no reason other than rumour.

It doesnt add up because XBC has had two major overhaul and nothing happen except somebody ran price into ground when that was time for price rise but now we have respected team member leave and some others look not happy about things and price suddenly jump?

You are not talking to noob I have been around a long time and understand the psychology of this whole scene and can safely say there is no reason for this price action other than you or somebody else make a market to this effect when it would have made more sense and rewarded efforts of xbc community immeadiately after development works in past instead.This will only cause anger and frustration in long run and not good sentiment among community or team in my opinion.

█████████████████████
bitcoinplusmagic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 09:48:21 PM

I had a question earlier about using the private key as a secondary way to backup your wallet.

To save your private key using "B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W" as the example address:

1. Start your XBC wallet
2. If it is locked just unlock it but uncheck "For staking only"
3. Go to menu Help > Debug window > tab Console
4. In bottom input box type the following line and press enter

dumpprivkey B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W

5. Write down code returned on few papers / files / whatever and keep it safe, that is private key for address B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W
6. Later if your HDD fails again, computer ends up stolen or something like that just use

importprivkey privatekey label

to import address to some other XBC wallet. Label is name for address that will be imported, it can be anything you want.

It would also make sense to store the wallet.dat file on another secondary disk drive or usb and if your pc crashes just get another wallet and insert the wallet.dat from the usb into the new wallet programme files.To find your executables just type in roaming into your windows searck and go to bitcoinplus files and delete the empty wallet and replace with your old copy.make sure it is named wallet and not XBCwallet,bitcoinpluswallet etc etc

This has been modified and updated on the XBC Blog -
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/how_to_back_up_my_Bitcoin_Plus_wallet.php
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/importing_a_private_key_into_Bitcoin_Plus_wallet.php

It has also been added to the Tutorials and How To section on the forum -
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/xbcforum/

BitcoinPlus - The Alternative Cryptocurrency
Join us on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPlus_XBC
Join us on Telegram - https://t.me/xbcplus
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 02:06:27 AM

Is someone taking over XLC too? =)

I have been away for a while.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 10:55:24 AM

Is someone taking over XLC too? =)

I have been away for a while.

XBC is not related to XLC.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:17:36 AM

I had a question earlier about using the private key as a secondary way to backup your wallet.

To save your private key using "B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W" as the example address:

1. Start your XBC wallet
2. If it is locked just unlock it but uncheck "For staking only"
4. In bottom input box type the following line and press enter

dumpprivkey B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W

5. Write down code returned on few papers / files / whatever and keep it safe, that is private key for address B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W
6. Later if your HDD fails again, computer ends up stolen or something like that just use

importprivkey privatekey label

to import address to some other XBC wallet. Label is name for address that will be imported, it can be anything you want.

It would also make sense to store the wallet.dat file on another secondary disk drive or usb and if your pc crashes just get another wallet and insert the wallet.dat from the usb into the new wallet programme files.To find your executables just type in roaming into your windows searck and go to bitcoinplus files and delete the empty wallet and replace with your old copy.make sure it is named wallet and not XBCwallet,bitcoinpluswallet etc etc

This has been modified and updated on the XBC Blog -
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/how_to_back_up_my_Bitcoin_Plus_wallet.php
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/importing_a_private_key_into_Bitcoin_Plus_wallet.php

It has also been added to the Tutorials and How To section on the forum -
http://www.bitcoinplus.org/xbcforum/

This is now on the opening thread here with the screenshots. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066201.msg11428121#msg11428121

Thanks
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:18:02 AM

How Do I Import My Private Key into a New Bitcoin Plus - XBC Wallet

First of all. What is the Private Key ?

Each Bitcoin Plus - XBC address has what is called a private key. The private key is saved in the wallet file. The private keys are mathematically related to the Bitcoin Plus - XBC address generated for the Bitcoin Plus wallet.

To access the coins linked to a XBC address all you need is the private key. It doesn't matter where you are in the world. You simply import this private key and all the coins are imported into your current wallet. So how do we get the Private Key ?

Lets run through an example -

1. Start your XBC wallet.

2. This part only applies if you have previously encrypted your wallet. You can only obtain a Private Key from an Unlocked Wallet.

If it is locked just unlock it but uncheck "For staking only"

4. In the Console Command Prompt write dumpprivkey "your-wallet-address"

So if the wallet address was BLo8EAZzVsnGnvrb4i1GnHVv1bSMRemejp you would write :

dumpprivkey BLo8EAZzVsnGnvrb4i1GnHVv1bSMRemejp

Press Enter and the Private Key for that address will be returned.

5. Write down code returned on a few papers / files / whatever and keep it safe.
6. Later if your Hard Drive fails or computer ends up stolen or similar then you can import the private key into a new wallet and restore your lost coins.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:18:48 AM

How Do I Import My Private Key into a New Bitcoin Plus - XBC Wallet

In the previous article we obtained the private key to a Bitcoin Plus - XBC address that contained 20 coins. In this article we are going to import this private key into a NEW wallet.

1. Go to Menu - Debug Window - Console Tab

2.In the console prompt write importprivkey privatekey label where private key is the private key you previously obtained and label is the name of the wallet. This can be anything you want to call it.

Then press enter. You should see the coins imported immediately into the new wallet.

MarketMagic

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:41:32 PM

egghead forget about the waves signature and get a newbium one.The developer is the one who created the nxtty app.

█████████████████████
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:31:41 AM

Setting up your wallet for messaging

To use the messaging feature you will need to create a public key so open your wallet and go to   Help>Debug>Console

In the box enter the following command:  smsgscanchain  and wait until wallet returns the response: Scan Chain Completed    Then enter: smsggetpubkey "your receiving XBC address"

A compressed public key will now be active on the network. NB:You will need to do this for each new address you create in order to have that address work with any extra features.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 01:10:38 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 09:45:04 AM by BitcoinPlusBus

Both now updated to latest...

MarketMagic

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:53:13 PM

XBC run out of steam?Only crazy action on exchange build community.Community selfish and only interested in gambling on the exchange or lose interest.Nobody really interested in boring day to day stuff.All this has been done.You only see trolls popping up when there is action but disappear into the night with their attention deficit brains after pump over I think.Same with all coin.This is the way of crypto.

█████████████████████
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 09:38:22 PM

Vote for XBC to be added to yobit  

https://www.yobit.net/en/addcoin/

Thank you for the link marketmagic
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 09:45:40 AM

Both now updated to latest on the OP...

bitcoinplusorg

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:02:54 PM

WARNING: Reports of a phishing email promising a "Poloniex Windows Application" - this is not from Poloniex and very likely malicious.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:15:06 PM

Probably ? We need Mobile Whalet. I offer 5.2 BTC for 12,000XBC.

A mobile wallet is difficult to build with the way the messaging feature is and also to stake reliably/be scalable and other important factors often overlooked by others when creating mobile wallets are the issues.There is no point building a mobile wallet only to have to completly scrap it and rebuild from scratch like we had to do with the standard platform we had recently.

All these things take time and a cooperative effort along with the required funding etc but as the source code is opensource there is nothing stopping any development team from engaging in the project and earning also from the staking pool or being paid from any other funds raised but all those matters need to be discussed by the community and any major bagholder(s) out there.

As for buying 12,000 XBC not even the largest 1 bagholder here has such an amount.Most large bagholders have between a couple hundred- one thousand XBC afaik but if the largest bagholders want to pool together to sell at a fixed price to you maybe they will contact you however poloniex is the trading platform and nobodyhere  is qualified to advise anyone on their trading/buying/selling etc.I don't think it is good though for anyone person/entity to have such a large amount of XBC due to its low total coinage so I dont think it would ever be possible to accumunlate such a large amount ever because even when XBC was in its worst ever state and prices were actually driven down by what seemed to be a concentrated effort it still held a respectable price and no traders dumped such huge stacks of coins.

After the last update some XBC community trading account coins that were sitting on poloniex were authorised for sale due to the buy support being able to absorb them and this was nescessary to pay outstanding bills owed to developer and setting up nodes etc but those were only a fraction of the amount you are talking about buying.

We are aware of one wallet who was consistently accumulating however we no longer have track of that situation after recent network updates but we do know that only the community wallet has the largest portion of coins and those are not for sale ever as they are for network support and rewards for development efforts in the future and to support maintainance.

Realistically the total amount of XBC that should be out there is approx 65 thousand coins.

Would the mobile version even need to stake especially if it was conflicting with the messaging part?Which is more practical or nescessary?
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 09:41:26 AM

A mobile wallet is difficult to build with the way the messaging feature is and also to stake reliably/be scalable and other important factors often overlooked by others when creating mobile wallets are the issues.There is no point building a mobile wallet only to have to completly scrap it and rebuild from scratch like we had to do with the standard platform we had recently.

All these things take time and a cooperative effort along with the required funding etc but as the source code is opensource there is nothing stopping any development team from engaging in the project and earning also from the staking pool or being paid from any other funds raised but all those matters need to be discussed by the community and any major bagholder(s) out there.

As for buying 12,000 XBC not even the largest 1 bagholder here has such an amount.Most large bagholders have between a couple hundred- one thousand XBC afaik but if the largest bagholders want to pool together to sell at a fixed price to you maybe they will contact you however poloniex is the trading platform and nobodyhere  is qualified to advise anyone on their trading/buying/selling etc.I don't think it is good though for anyone person/entity to have such a large amount of XBC due to its low total coinage so I dont think it would ever be possible to accumunlate such a large amount ever because even when XBC was in its worst ever state and prices were actually driven down by what seemed to be a concentrated effort it still held a respectable price and no traders dumped such huge stacks of coins.

After the last update some XBC community trading account coins that were sitting on poloniex were authorised for sale due to the buy support being able to absorb them and this was nescessary to pay outstanding bills owed to developer and setting up nodes etc but those were only a fraction of the amount you are talking about buying.

We are aware of one wallet who was consistently accumulating however we no longer have track of that situation after recent network updates but we do know that only the community wallet has the largest portion of coins and those are not for sale ever as they are for network support and rewards for development efforts in the future and to support maintainance.

Realistically the total amount of XBC that should be out there is approx 65 thousand coins.

Would the mobile version even need to stake especially if it was conflicting with the messaging part?Which is more practical or nescessary?

I don't think that having a mobile staking wallet is even practical as most mobile users would probably only be transferring coins to their mobile version from their main wallet as the same way you would withdraw some funds from your bank machine to your pocket or purse/wallet in real life and you dont earn deposit interest in that case anyway so staking is basically pointless in my opinion but the research done to date on the other applications show that they are going to take intensive work/skill on the coding/programming part and costs are going to be on the high end of things in order to roll out all those features.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:27:18 PM

I don't think that having a mobile staking wallet is even practical as most mobile users would probably only be transferring coins to their mobile version from their main wallet as the same way you would withdraw some funds from your bank machine to your pocket or purse/wallet in real life and you dont earn deposit interest in that case anyway so staking is basically pointless in my opinion but the research done to date on the other applications show that they are going to take intensive work/skill on the coding/programming part and costs are going to be on the high end of things in order to roll out all those features.

It could be done in stages maybe?
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 12:35:23 PM

It could be done in stages maybe?

Its probably the only way it could be acheived due to the fact one developer would not have the required skills in all of those areas so it would take a different developer to do each part
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: