Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:56:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646806 times)
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:57:00 AM

Yes, I get it. The banksters are in control. But if the US government defaults on its debts because of hyperdeflation and it doesn't print, it will no longer be of any use to the banksters.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:59:55 AM

Yes, I get it. The banksters are in control. But if the US government defaults on its debts because of hyperdeflation and it doesn't print, it will no longer be of any use to the banksters.
(Red colorization mine.)

You could have simply said that I had guessed correctly.

You did not "guess[] correctly" (NewLiberty), for the post implies that money is an instrument (within the hypothetical, a "[value] pump") of plutocratic government, not "market exchange" (NewLiberty).

[...]

Synchronous, international default should void both any and every economic liability (i.e., both any and every “sovereign debt”) that does not serve the plutocrats.

TN;DC: A plutocrat seeks (at least, circa the present) to confiscate nongovernmental capital through “sovereign default.”

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
jehst

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:08:38 AM

TN;DC: A plutocrat seeks (at least, circa the present) to confiscate nongovernmental capital through “sovereign default.”

So the plutocrats WANT governmental default and deflation? Interesting. Never thought of that as a wealth grab. But I suppose it would work. They just need to get rid of any debt they have and loan as much money as possible to people (with the people's houses, land, and future earnings as collateral.) Holy shit. I'm going to pay all my debts ASAP and stack cash. That sound pretty scary. But I still think a default would end up weakening the currency.

Year 2021
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:20:07 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 05:10:25 AM by username18333

[...]

So the plutocrats WANT governmental default and deflation? Interesting. Never thought of that as a wealth grab. But I suppose it would work. They just need to get rid of any debt they have and loan as much money as possible to people (with the people's houses, land, and future earnings as collateral.) Holy shit. I'm going to pay all my debts ASAP and stack cash. That sound pretty scary. But I still think a default would end up weakening the currency.
(Quote correction mine. Red colorization mine. Blue colorization mine.)

1. If those debts are held by other plutocrats then that "money" (jehst) will remain "in the family" nevertheless (think: the Great Recession bank buyouts).

2. Hence, the directives cited below (and their respective sentiments).

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:32:41 AM

2. Hence, the directives cited below (and their respective sentiments).

Well said; yet we all know how this ended up... Sad There is more to look forward and reconsider when it comes to directives of "fighting the system". I've posted this many times, there's a reason "the system" is there. IMHO, we (as the people) should not act alone (and jeopardize ourselves with being judged as terrorists), but as a collective in order to build a new concept for a better society.

To put it on a perspective; I don't believe we deserve a better world if we don't get better ideas (and put them to test/work). Money is the first one to change. Don't expect ANYTHING to get better with the current system. It's just like renovating and polishing an old house that has rotten foundation. It will never be safe to live in it.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:19:17 AM

Yes. Sorry I was going to get around to responding, but I got bogged down by some crap in the Altcoin discussion thread.

2015.75 is well underway as Brazil was downgraded to junk bond rating:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/37119

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:25:15 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 06:19:03 AM by smooth

Re. debt crisis, I've seen some very impressive numbers on rate of foreign exchange reserve depletion (not China; China is in much better shape than others). Expect more downgrades/defaults soon.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:30:10 AM

Re. debt crisis, I've seen some vary impressive numbers on rate of foreign exchange reserve depletion (not China; China is in much better shape than others). Expect more downgrades/defaults soon.

It's relative. China has depleted more than probably every other country combined to try to stabilize this crash. It's just that's its a small pct of their reserve however when they gotta top up it will mean big things for the bond market.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 06:46:23 AM

Re. debt crisis, I've seen some vary impressive numbers on rate of foreign exchange reserve depletion (not China; China is in much better shape than others). Expect more downgrades/defaults soon.

It's relative. China has depleted more than probably every other country combined to try to stabilize this crash. It's just that's its a small pct of their reserve however when they gotta top up it will mean big things for the bond market.

As a whole it looks like the tide has already started turning

"Emerging market forex reserves fell by about half a trillion dollars between mid-2014 and the end of the first quarter of 2015, IMF data shows, and this is likely far from the end.Deutsche Bank estimated on Tuesday the high water-mark of almost two decades of reserve accumulation had now been reached and central banks will by the end of next year dump as much as $1.5 trillion to counter capital outflows."

http://wolfstreet.com/2015/09/11/a-worrying-development-for-stock-market-bulls/
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:46:17 PM

There are two videos that have a link between M. Armstrong, TPTB, Bitcoin and the forthcoming economic collapse of Sept. 2015. I never came along those two vids until today; which I find particularly odd regarding the information I'm receiving during each day. I believe we all should watch them and discuss them here. Spend 1hr. Worths it.

Video 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkELgi6EkNo
Video 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQaKUwOWAE

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 10:51:14 PM

Yes. Sorry I was going to get around to responding, but I got bogged down by some crap in the Altcoin discussion thread.

2015.75 is well underway as Brazil was downgraded to junk bond rating:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/37119

thought of you TPTB when i saw this on the news

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

jehst

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:58:05 PM

There are two videos that have a link between M. Armstrong, TPTB, Bitcoin and the forthcoming economic collapse of Sept. 2015. I never came along those two vids until today; which I find particularly odd regarding the information I'm receiving during each day. I believe we all should watch them and discuss them here. Spend 1hr. Worths it.

Video 1:
Video 2:

The Dollar Vigilante guy (Berwick) recommends getting your assets out of the US beginning in the fall and predicts the US to be ground zero. He says to buy gold and silver.

Martin Armstrong recommends the exact opposite. He expects the US to be the last man standing and for the USD to be supreme throughout 2016 and into 2017 before a major turning point in 2018.

Interesting. You really can't follow both sets of advice at once. They are complete opposites. Holding Swiss Francs may be the closest you can get. It's outside the US as Berwick stresses, and the Swiss economy will likely be one of the last men standing, despite not being big enough to take in all the BIG MONEY.

Year 2021
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:16:33 AM

Video 1:
Video 2:

The Dollar Vigilante guy (Berwick) recommends getting your assets out of the US beginning in the fall and predicts the US to be ground zero. He says to buy gold and silver.

Martin Armstrong recommends the exact opposite. He expects the US to be the last man standing and for the USD to be supreme throughout 2016 and into 2017 before a major turning point in 2018.

Interesting. You really can't follow both sets of advice at once. They are complete opposites. Holding Swiss Francs may be the closest you can get. It's outside the US as Berwick stresses, and the Swiss economy will likely be one of the last men standing, despite not being big enough to take in all the BIG MONEY.

Really? I don't think so.

Watched video 1. Haven't watched 2.

The difference is more about timing, rather than actual outcome. Berwick say Sept 2015 (but adds caveat saying could be beginning). TPTB agrees with outcome, but adds a 2 year lag before events set in.

How i understood it anyways

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

jehst

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:40:48 AM

Video 1:
Video 2:

Really? I don't think so.

Watched video 1. Haven't watched 2.

The difference is more about timing, rather than actual outcome. Berwick say Sept 2015 (but adds caveat saying could be beginning). TPTB agrees with outcome, but adds a 2 year lag before events set in.

How i understood it anyways

Well, yeah, I'm talking about investing over the next year or so. In that time period, you have to choose whether you want to be in the US or out. Berwick says out.

Year 2021
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:49:16 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 01:07:22 AM by TPTB_need_war

Well, yeah, I'm talking about investing over the next year or so. In that time period, you have to choose whether you want to be in the US or out. Berwick says out.

I'll watch the videos, but Berwick is no match for Armstrong. I've spoken to those guys over at DollarVigilante.com. Don't idol drunks who are having fun goofing off with Doug Casey in Argentina. They sometimes have something interesting to say. But for the most part, I've watched Casey et al be wrong on just about everything important over the past few years.

His main claims to fame were Stockhouse.com and recommended buying BTC at $3. He also pushed the failed concept of Bitcoin atms.

Edit: I am at the 9min point in the first video and his reasoning is all wrong. More nonsense which Armstrong has refuted numerous times. US dollar will grow stronger, not weaker for the reasons I have detailed upthread. The Shemitah debt defaults will cause the dollar to go stronger, not weaker because the defaults will be outside the USA due to the huge dollar shorts caused by the egress of $9 trillion of QE which will now ingress back to the USA.

jehst

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:08:01 AM

I'll watch the videos, but Berwick is no match for Armstrong. I've spoken to those guys over at DollarVigilante.com. Don't idol drunks who are having fun goofing off with Doug Casey in Argentina. They sometimes have something interesting to say. But for the most part, I've watched Casey et al be wrong on just about everything important over the past few years.

His main claims to fame were Stockhouse.com and recommended buying BTC at $3. He also pushed the failed concept of Bitcoin atms.

Edit: I am at the 9min point in the first video and he reasoning is all wrong. More nonsense which Armstrong has refuted numerous times. US dollar will grow stronger, not weaker for the reasons I have detailed upthread. The Shemitah debt defaults will cause the dollar to go stronger, not weaker because the defaults will be outside the USA due to the huge dollar shorts caused by the egress of $9 trillion of QE which will now ingress back to the USA.

I'm interested in where Berwick thinks you should have your money. Brazil, Mexico, and even Canada are all going to do pretty terribly compared to the US if emerging markets and commodities get wrecked.

Year 2021
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:14:43 AM

I'm interested in where Berwick thinks you should have your money. Brazil, Mexico, and even Canada are all going to do pretty terribly compared to the US if emerging markets and commodities get wrecked.

He's a bitcoin and precious metals hoarder, like most of the "celebritarians"
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:06:24 AM

Sounds like the person who asked the following question was one my readers. Also Armstrong's answer is interesting in that he thinks perhaps government won't tax capital gains initially, but in Europe they will. So what happens to Europeans who move their capital gains to the USA? Does that mean Europe won't take their capital gains. Any way, I think Armstrong might end up being wrong and government may trap those capital gains also. Let's see...

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/37041

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:42:11 AM

Edit: I am at the 9min point in the first video and his reasoning is all wrong. More nonsense which Armstrong has refuted numerous times. US dollar will grow stronger, not weaker for the reasons I have detailed upthread. The Shemitah debt defaults will cause the dollar to go stronger, not weaker because the defaults will be outside the USA due to the huge dollar shorts caused by the egress of $9 trillion of QE which will now ingress back to the USA.
Why do you have so many nicknames when you feel so bearish about Bitcoin? You seem to create or use a new account every few months then let ppl guess it's you. This ruins your credibility if you had any.

If you could you should focus on cycles and not guess who's going to do what cause it's always wrong including Armstrong. We have an infliction point on oct 1 don't guess what happens with usd.. Just work the cycles and you will be successful.. That's what astrology is all about.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:39:11 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 09:23:34 AM by TPTB_need_war

Why do you have so many nicknames when you feel so bearish about Bitcoin?

I suppose you are thinking that if I want people to believe my predictions of a Bitcoin low price this Spring, then a raging bull market after that, then I need credibility?

Have you ever considered that I don't really care if fools want to lose their money. I offer information for serious people. Fools will do what ever they want to do. It is not my job to make my credibility perfectly politically correct so that fools won't be fools. You wish for the implausible, as any good socialist does.

You seem to create or use a new account every few months then let ppl guess it's you. This ruins your credibility if you had any.

My signature line has my former usernames.

Again perfect credibility is implausible and when it seems to appear, it is the lie of the politician that says everything everyone wants to hear, i.e. socialism and promising the implausible. Remember Ethereum?

Did you know that Ethereum was basically hatched by Charles Hoskinson. Do you know who he was recruiting to be the lead developer after he split with Daniel Larimer and before he found Vitalik Buterin. Yes he was talking to me in Skype. But I told him my ideas weren't yet well formed enough and I could sense he wanted to create a bloated financial structure, so I declined and after that he found Vitalik. He asked me to look at Vitalik's white paper for his early version of a proof-of-work hash function and I told him frankly it wouldn't be resistant to parallelization. Later Vitalik realized I was correct.

If you could you should focus on cycles and not guess who's going to do what cause it's always wrong including Armstrong. We have an infliction point on oct 1 don't guess what happens with usd.. Just work the cycles and you will be successful.. That's what astrology is all about.

Incorrect. Armstrong's model is a statistical and structural A.I. model of chaos. This is science. And no he is never wrong about the major trends.

And no we are not wrong about the dollar. Fools again will choose to not believe us and again they will lose. Just like when we told them back in 2011 that was the peak in gold and they rode the damn thing all the way down. And we are still telling them the coming lows are below $850 (< $700 likely) and for Bitcoin below $150 ($100 likely). Just like when oil was $100 in 2014, and Armstrong predicted the closing price for 2014 at $54, which ended up being exactly the case. No one else saw that one coming. Or for example how in May of this year when Bitcoin was in the low $200s, I said the summer high would be $315 and then it would head back down for the coming lows under $150. Or just like my silver prediction in 2010:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

Please I don't have time for the fools. I can't write a refutation every time they spout off their foolish mouths. They will be wrong yet again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: