Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:03:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646882 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:27:49 PM

I am not sure if Armstrong at all understands Europe. Don't confuse your own desire to be a more functional society to actual facts. Europeans similarly believe that the USA is a mess that will blow up any time.
It will be "Mutually Assured Destruction" from the economic point of view then the guns (US)  and immigrant situation (Europe)will kick in and add more fuel to the fire.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:17:20 PM

I am not sure if Armstrong at all understands Europe. Don't confuse your own desire to be a more functional society to actual facts. Europeans similarly believe that the USA is a mess that will blow up any time.

Sure, maybe he doesn't, but that's a summary of this interview; Europe will fail first due to large amounts of debt, large amounts of unemployed and the design of the Euro (not backed by a single debt but individual govt debts. Banking reserves are partially govt debt). He doesn't seem too hopeful with the US either, just that it will fall over last after EU, Japan and EM's.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:42:24 PM

It will be "Mutually Assured Destruction" from the economic point of view then the guns (US)  and immigrant situation (Europe)will kick in and add more fuel to the fire.

I am not sure if I understand Europe...  I have been there many times, and have found that we are all human, but Europeans do have some differences in how they see things.

I don't see either Europe or the USA blowing up very soon (that is a probabilistic view...), but both societies have severe problems.  If I had to *guess*, I would say that Europe has a big crack-up before America (nothing new to that opinion, TPTB and many others have written that).  But, without Europe in good condition, the USA would not be either.  For better or worse, Europe and America need each other to help keep the world civilized.  I include, of course, Canada, Oz, NZ and Japan as Keepers of a Civilized World.

Armstrong has shown that debt and lies are extremely dangerous.  And there are way too much of both, in Europe and the USA.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:43:50 PM

I am not sure if I understand Europe...  I have been there many times, and have found that we are all human, but Europeans do have some differences in how they see things.

I don't see either Europe or the USA blowing up very soon (that is a probabilistic view...), but both societies have severe problems.  If I had to *guess*, I would say that Europe has a big crack-up before America (nothing new to that opinion, TPTB and many others have written that).  But, without Europe in good condition, the USA would not be either.  For better or worse, Europe and America need each other to help keep the world civilized.  I include, of course, Canada, Oz, NZ and Japan as Keepers of a Civilized World.

Armstrong has shown that debt and lies are extremely dangerous.  And there are way too much of both, in Europe and the USA.

Who knows how long can kicking can go... it will stop but it may not be worthwhile in our lifetimes to speculate on it.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:08:58 PM

What we can do is to educate the people to understand that the government debt is imaginary, ie. there was no consideration involved in part of the lenders - the central banks did not surrender the control to anything they had when new debt was contracted, it was all sleight of hand.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:25:50 AM

ORO, I found some cheap gold US coins for ya:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Alibaba-American-eagle-liberty-lady-one_60118272487.html?spm=a2700.7765678.1998649852.10.ktnt9Z

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:44:21 AM

Naah!  I only want the ones made of tungsten.  Then I could offer them to the IRS as payment on my Income Tax.*  Ones made of iron or zinc are dead-giveaway fakes..., even at $1.80 each, LOL.

* Oh, did I REALLY write that?  
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:26:23 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 12:35:33 PM by THX 1138

Portugal Refuses to Allow Elected Politicians to Take Office.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38598

"...their president has refused to appoint a coalition government even though it secured an absolute majority in the Portuguese parliament, all because it is anti-EU..."

MA:
"... Portugal has crossed the Rubicon. Europe is headed into the abyss all because politicians are incapable of ever admitting a mistake and that prevents any hope of reform..."

EDIT:

Whereas...

"...Five top bankers from Iceland’s two largest banks — Landsbankinn and Kaupþing — were found guilty of embezzlement, market manipulation, and breach of fiduciary duties...Today Iceland’s economy has become one of the top performers in Europe with GDP growing +5.6% in the second quarter and unemployment falling to 4% versus 11% in the Eurozone. Tourism has grown +100% since 2006 and exports are up. Iceland began repaying IMF loans earlier than expected in 2012, and by the end of 2015, they will be eliminated. Icelandic debt-to-GDP is falling even as the rest of the developed world has seen debt levels balloon out of control...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-24/icelandic-bankers-are-not-too-big-jail-face-74-years-prison-us-bankers-bask-bailouts
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:06:25 PM

so? no financial crisis yet? thought MA said something was to happen in october..
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:17:24 PM

so? no financial crisis yet? thought MA said something was to happen in october..

"...All systems tend to collapse in ten 8.6-year waves, and the last 4.3 years are typically the worst. That is what we should see between 2015.75 and 2020.05..."

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/36790
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:24:31 PM

"...All systems tend to collapse in ten 8.6-year waves, and the last 4.3 years are typically the worst. That is what we should see between 2015.75 and 2020.05..."

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/36790

... next 4.3 years are critical.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:34:59 PM

It is typically very hard to make correct judgments about what will happen, particularly in the future.  Timing is even harder.

Although I much respect Armstrong, I do not know enough about HIS predictions (and successful ones at that) to know how good his record is.  I suspect that if he had a REALLY GOOD record, then he would be really, really rich...

So, unless one has followed Armstrong closely, I would read his stuff and put that information, as well as all other information that you get from whatever sources you like as well, all into the hopper.

Nonetheless, all Armstrong needs is ONE GOOD PREDICTION to come true at this point, and he becomes one of the few worldwide respected financial gurus...

Armstrong has written that these waves do not indicate an exact point when something dramatic happens!  2015.75 marks the beginning of a years long process of a loss in "public confidence", I am still trying to figure out what that means and how to take that into account for my own preparations.
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:01:48 PM

Armstrong has written that these waves do not indicate an exact point when something dramatic happens!  2015.75 marks the beginning of a years long process of a loss in "public confidence", I am still trying to figure out what that means and how to take that into account for my own preparations.

He's described 2015.75 as the "peak in government"

I assume from here on out, governments start losing money and power. They'll be unable to raise or borrow enough money to fund their liabilities.

As the world loses confidence in governments, money will flow into the private sector instead.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:17:55 PM

As the world loses confidence in governments, they'll move towards private assets.

I think Armstrong and many others who think similarly about the current system and issues such as David Stockman underestimate how innovative and creative the FED, ECB and their ring masters at Goldman Sachs became. That's my worry actually, that the very much needed reset will be postponed by a new central bank or IMF innovation. Who would thought the QE could be implemented at all never mind the impact of quantitative easing on the market and economy general? Still, those doggy fuckers in the FED and ECB came up with that "solution".

I truly believe Armstrong is one of the greatest intellects of our time, but I think he underestimates how greedy the bankers are. History indicates the beneficiaries of a system don't give up the control easily. The central banks and IMF will try everything to keep the status quo.
jehst

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:24:02 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 05:39:49 PM by jehst

As the world loses confidence in governments, they'll move towards private assets.

I think Armstrong and many others who think similarly about the current system and issues such as David Stockman underestimate how innovative and creative the FED, ECB and their ring masters at Goldman Sachs became. That's my worry actually, that the very much needed reset will be postponed by a new central bank or IMF innovation. Who would thought the QE could be implemented at all never mind the impact of quantitative easing on the market and economy general? Still, those doggy fuckers in the FED and ECB came up with that "solution".

I truly believe Armstrong is one of the greatest intellects of our time, but I think he underestimates how greedy the bankers are. History indicates the beneficiaries of a system don't give up the control easily. The central banks and IMF will try everything to keep the status quo.

Well Armstrong doesn't say that the transition is going to be smooth. He says that governments are going to become desperate and start hunting for capital, seizing money with civil asset forfeiture, seizing pensions, raising taxes, instituting negative interest rates and withdrawal limits, and maybe getting rid of cash altogether. And of course war. These are all possibilities when governments get really desperate. Then he says that 2018 will be a "Panic Year" whatever the hell that means, but it doesn't sound good.

Of course, this is the sort of environment that cryptocurrency was meant to thrive in. Bitcoin is not very useful when bank cards and bank accounts are working normally. But when you are charged money by your bank for keeping deposits and you can only withdraw 50 bucks per day, bitcoin becomes a lot more attractive. But for some reason, MA doesn't think cryptocurrency will survive.

Quote from: Martin Armstrong
There is no doubt that we will move toward electronic money. I am skeptical about private cryptocurrencies because anything that threatens those in power losing control or avoiding taxes will be hunted down with a vengeance. The big problem government has with moving fully electronic is that not everyone has a computer and about 50% of the world does not even have a bank account.

Year 2021
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:43:05 PM

The main reason he doesn't think crypto can survive, because he is convinced that once the crypto currency movement is getting bigger then the government will simply use all available technologies and tools to destroy it or to reduce it to a niche and insignificant domain what it is today. I think Armstrong (unfortunately) is completely correct about that.

EDIT:
In the meantime while I was writing my reply you quoted his post. Here we go.
jehst

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:12:57 PM

The main reason he doesn't think crypto can survive, because he is convinced that once the crypto currency movement is getting bigger then the government will simply use all available technologies and tools to destroy it or to reduce it to a niche and insignificant domain what it is today. I think Armstrong (unfortunately) is completely correct about that.

EDIT:

Yeah, instead of some "for some reason" and leaving it there, I decided to just find his argument.

It makes sense. Why would governments tolerate something that robs them of power to control and tax money? There will definitely be a fight.

But bitcoin only needs to thrive in small pockets of the world (perhaps just heavy black market activity alone) to be 100x bigger than it is now, so I think it's still a pretty compelling speculative investment even if we agree with MA.

Year 2021
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:19:06 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 08:02:23 PM by hdbuck

EDIT:

Yeah, instead of some "for some reason" and leaving it there, I decided to just find his argument.

It makes sense. Why would governments tolerate something that robs them of power to control and tax money? There will definitely be a fight.

But bitcoin only needs to thrive in small pockets of the world (perhaps just heavy black market activity alone) to be 100x bigger than it is now, so I think it's still a pretty compelling speculative investment even if we agree with MA.

The war already begun with their "blockchain technology" BS all over the place, but they also already lost a fight with them forking/governance coup.

But gotta give them credits for the imagination they spend on branding tho.. after The Bitcoin Foundation, Bitlicense and BitcoinXT, here comes the "Blockchain Alliance"!!  Roll Eyes
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:53:28 PM

The war already began with their "blockchain technology" BS all over the place, but they also already lost a fight with them forking/governance coup.

But gotta give them credits for the imagination they spend on branding tho.. after The Bitcoin Foundation, Bitlicense and BitcoinXT, here comes the "Blockchain Alliance"!!  Roll Eyes

So you are saying that these events were covert sabotage operations?

Hmm I never though of them this way, it certanly explains why they got the BF bankrupt, the Bitlicense being around NY (to protect wallstreet), and BitcoinXT forking bitcoin, trying to disintegrate the community.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:06:53 PM

The war already began with their "blockchain technology" BS all over the place, but they also already lost a fight with them forking/governance coup.

So you are saying that these events were covert sabotage operations?

Hmm I never though of them this way, it certanly explains why they got the BF bankrupt, the Bitlicense being around NY (to protect wallstreet), and BitcoinXT forking bitcoin, trying to disintegrate the community.

Covered/uncovered, I wouldn't care, as the events occurring are enough to describe their blatant distress and impotence messing with Bitcoin.

What does not kill it makes it stronger, anti-fragility and shit y'know. Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: