Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:46:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:56:09 AM

I think we can teach child play a game and earning Bitcoin, it look like when kids play a game and earning their score, but I not think we can teach children know Bitcoin is a Digital cash or Cryptocurrencies, wait they grow up and be capable of realizing it

Although small children can produce bitcoin with games. But I'm sure they will not understand how the bitcoin spending they've earned. You're just using a little kid to get bitcoin lol
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

I think we can teach child play a game and earning Bitcoin, it look like when kids play a game and earning their score, but I not think we can teach children know Bitcoin is a Digital cash or Cryptocurrencies, wait they grow up and be capable of realizing it

Although small children can produce bitcoin with games. But I'm sure they will not understand how the bitcoin spending they've earned. You're just using a little kid to get bitcoin lol

LOL of course kids wouldn't know how to use btc or what btc is for. It would appear as simply numbers to them and we all know how mist kids feel towards numbers. Eventually if you expose them early, they'd be ablento understand cryptocurrencies more than other people but i don't really see any sense why kids needed to be taught about this in the first place.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

Teach them about the concept of bitcoin without telling them that they can use it for bad purposes or for other questionable things like gambling. Just teach them about the protocol and they will think for themselves about whether its a good or bad thing for the world.

But it is not necessary to teach the kids about bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not made for kids, it is made for investors and traders, than why we teach to kids about bitcoin?
But if we need to tell them, then it is not hard way to explain about bitcoin in-front of kids. We can tell them in their language with happily.
yes i agree with you thee is no need for the kids to learn about bitcoin. they do not have to do anything with it. because they mostly do not know about internet how to use it. and on other side bitcoin is not  yet accepted n local shops therefore they do not need to learn about  bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:17:46 AM

We can't teach kids about bitcoin but we can teach them how the bitcoin works in just saving money hoarding money and wait till the price will high also we can teach them the different coins by just using flash cards but ofcourse dont take it seriously cause they can't carry it in their young age.

at the young age I doubt that they will properly understand how does bitcoin has a price and how or why its price is getting higher or changing very often and since they are having a hard time to understand these things they'll be surely getting confused with the other coins Grin and in my opinion we can only tell them how bitcoin works the same as the physical money otherwise wait until they are already at the age where you think they can fully understand it depending on their interest .
mothergodness

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:27:54 AM

We can't teach kids about bitcoin but we can teach them how the bitcoin works in just saving money hoarding money and wait till the price will high also we can teach them the different coins by just using flash cards but ofcourse dont take it seriously cause they can't carry it in their young age.

at the young age I doubt that they will properly understand how does bitcoin has a price and how or why its price is getting higher or changing very often and since they are having a hard time to understand these things they'll be surely getting confused with the other coins Grin and in my opinion we can only tell them how bitcoin works the same as the physical money otherwise wait until they are already at the age where you think they can fully understand it depending on their interest .

I agree. At a young age it will be useless to explain too complicated terms and schemes, they are simply not yet ready to perceive such complex information.

Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:59:57 PM

I'm going to make a game for kids about bitcoin so they know, a game that consists of stories that as they progress, they can get to know more about the different bitcoin angles that can be useful for their growing Smileys.

Lol, I doubt that you'd actually make a game. I even doubt that you have the capacity to do so. Just like every other game, people, including kids, would probably just skip the story and go to the main point of it. The main point of your game to you is the story. But that's not the case to the players. To the players, the point of playing your game is for them to earn money. And if you're going to say that your game wouldn't allow the player to make money or anything, then people aren't going to install that game. I wouldn't even call that a "game" but rather some stories or a fact compilation. Everyone would rather read an article instead of going to the PlayStore and download your "game".
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 03:10:59 PM

I agree. At a young age it will be useless to explain too complicated terms and schemes, they are simply not yet ready to perceive such complex information

It is not just about kids

I'd rather say it is at any age pretty useless to explain too complicated ideas without starting first from simple things and working all the way up. In fact, the question itself is not about explanation per se and making it interesting to follow since these are just technical issues and as such should be dealt with at the "implementation" level, i.e. how good you can explain things as well as make your explanation interesting (or fun, if we talk about kids), which is essentially the same thing. It is more about whether it is worth doing at all. I guess you should first answer the question what are you going to achieve with that, i.e. what is your goal

Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:55:40 PM

I agree. At a young age it will be useless to explain too complicated terms and schemes, they are simply not yet ready to perceive such complex information

I'd rather say it is at any age pretty useless to explain too complicated ideas without starting first from simple things and working all the way up. In fact, the question itself is not about explanation per se and making it interesting to follow since these are just technical issues and as such should be dealt with at the "implementation" level, i.e. how good you can explain things as well as make your explanation interesting (or fun, if we talk about kids), which is essentially the same thing. It is more about whether it is worth doing at all. I guess you should first answer the question what are you going to achieve with that, i.e. what is your goal
for the sake of information if you will explain bitcoin to the kids its ok no problem but if you want to learn about bitcoin then it is not such a good idea. i think it is not such an easy take that they will learn about bitcoin. they should spend time in physical games and in their study, they should not waste the time anywhere else. but just need to complete their study and after that should enter in physical world.
John Wick

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:13:54 PM

if you're talking about the kids younger than 12-13 years old, this won't be easy. but if you're talking about 14-15 year old kids, they're already very tend to learn someting about digital and technologic things.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:10:26 AM

Because it is difficult to tell the bitcoin to anyone let alone a child, then the best way is with the game, invite your child to games that give rewards bitcoin and they will collect bitcoin so they will think and learn about bitcoin.
It's a good idea. Since kids loves to play, and they are very active in games then let them play with bitcoin. Surely they will think, collect, and learn bitcoin step by step. As they age they will explore more. They will more interested in bitcoin and there is no need to teach them. They will be the one to ask you if they don't understand a thing.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:18:51 AM

for the sake of information if you will explain bitcoin to the kids its ok no problem but if you want to learn about bitcoin then it is not such a good idea. i think it is not such an easy take that they will learn about bitcoin. they should spend time in physical games and in their study, they should not waste the time anywhere else. but just need to complete their study and after that should enter in physical world

This is a tough and difficult question

Indeed, physical development should come first, but if we are talking about kids 7-12 year old, intense physical activity is still limited to just a couple of hours a day. Regarding studying and learning in general, this is where things get complicated. As to me, learning about Bitcoin (if done right) can greatly contribute to this process. After all, what we are taught in school is mostly garbage anyway that will be of neither help nor use in our adult lives. So, substituting this garbage with something more useful (not necessarily Bitcoin related, e.g. properly learning the English language if it is not your mother tongue) cannot be considered as wasting time since it aims specifically at reducing this useless waste of time in the first place

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:33:59 PM

if you're talking about the kids younger than 12-13 years old, this won't be easy. but if you're talking about 14-15 year old kids, they're already very tend to learn someting about digital and technologic things.

Yes it should have a range in age. Kids ages 6-12 years old is not the ideal age to teach bitcoin. They should be playing, do physical games and study the lessons. It is not the right time. But as they grow I'm sure they are using and expose in the internet. They will encounter bitcoin and for sure they'll get interested. Let them ask us what is all about. Their initiative will make them hungry for the informations and knowledge. Let them explore. In such ways there's no need to teach them how and what is bitcoin.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:05:16 PM

Yes it should have a range in age. Kids ages 6-12 years old is not the ideal age to teach bitcoin. They should be playing, do physical games and study the lessons. It is not the right time. But as they grow I'm sure they are using and expose in the internet. They will encounter bitcoin and for sure they'll get interested. Let them ask us what is all about. Their initiative will make them hungry for the informations and knowledge. Let them explore. In such ways there's no need to teach them how and what is bitcoin.
- Yeah, children need to be comfortable, entertained and learning, we should not explain to them about bitcoin, that only wasted our time and wasted their time. Until the children are interested in Bitcoin, we will explain and talk to them about it, if they are not interested in it, let them choose their own path, do not try to force someone to do something they do not like. Each person will have a future, we have no right to interfere in the future of others although we know it will be good for the kids

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
chalkboard17

Activity: 484

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:35:45 PM

I know how to play video games since I was 5 years old and therefore, I do think that it is not hard to teach a young child about bitcoin. Well if they know how to use money and computer, they will know how to use bitcoin in just a few weeks

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:12:16 PM

- Yeah, children need to be comfortable, entertained and learning, we should not explain to them about bitcoin, that only wasted our time and wasted their time. Until the children are interested in Bitcoin, we will explain and talk to them about it, if they are not interested in it, let them choose their own path, do not try to force someone to do something they do not like. Each person will have a future, we have no right to interfere in the future of others although we know it will be good for the kids
yes kids should take part in physical entertainment.  they do not need to learn about bitcoin right now. but when bitcoin will become more and more popular and when our local shopkeepers start accepting bitcoin then they should teach about bitcoin even in their schools, because bitcoin will be the new method of payment and they need to learn about online trading and uses of bitcoin
gccaalim

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:26:36 PM

I thinks should learn about this bitcoin process for sooner or later they will be able to use it for their studies, home work , incase of emergency and the good is that it is paperless. Bitcoin is a innovation that should be adopted as soon as now. If given a chance I would like to teach my co workers about this , right now it is hard for them to know because they will think that this is a scam but once they try it out I think that they will know the importance and also appreciate bitcoin.

revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:49:59 AM

i think you do not need to teach kids about bitcoins, you just need to introduce them to this global virtual gold. the keen ones will learn about them on their own with time. however there are a lot of ways to introduce bitcoins to kids. you can include them in the kids' school syllabus, create some fun learning apps, include them in kid's magazines, encourage parents to tell their kids about it, spread awareness etc.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:52:54 AM

i think you do not need to teach kids about bitcoins, you just need to introduce them to this global virtual gold. the keen ones will learn about them on their own with time. however there are a lot of ways to introduce bitcoins to kids. you can include them in the kids' school syllabus, create some fun learning apps, include them in kid's magazines, encourage parents to tell their kids about it, spread awareness etc.

LOL though i agree with the ways you mentioned on how to teach kids about btc, the first you said makes a lot more sense. Why would you teach kids about something they don't really need to learn about yet? There are more things kids need to first that are more essential in their young lives that bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:01:17 AM

LOL though i agree with the ways you mentioned on how to teach kids about btc, the first you said makes a lot more sense. Why would you teach kids about something they don't really need to learn about yet? There are more things kids need to first that are more essential in their young lives that bitcoin

But what do they really need to learn?

Or do you really think that what they are being taught in school is "more essential in their young lives"? Obviously, I'm not so much talking about Bitcoin as such here but rather overall financial literacy (of which Bitcoin may well turn to be an essential part). In today's world without being experienced in financial matters is like being computer illiterate yesterday. Does anyone now question the vital necessity of that? It is basically the same here. Tomorrow no one will doubt the necessity of being literate in financial matters for common folks

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:22:18 AM

LOL though i agree with the ways you mentioned on how to teach kids about btc, the first you said makes a lot more sense. Why would you teach kids about something they don't really need to learn about yet? There are more things kids need to first that are more essential in their young lives that bitcoin.
Those ideas arent bad at all but its somehow useless into those stages knowing children cant easily adopt on complicated things and we should not go into a serious mode on forcing them to learn about bitcoin instead of minding to implement this,we should either teach them on the things which would really be essential for their learning and for their future.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: