Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:43:02 AM

It's very early to teach the kids about Bitcoin, because being a kid is to enjoy their childhood not to think how they will earn money, if their teenager then its okay but kids? no, I totally disagree. This kind of business is very complicated for them and if we teach them in their early age, maybe as they grow up they also think about money which is wrong.

Aside from they should be enjoying their childhood, kids are not easy to teach when it comes to things like money... Kids who were raised by their parents and keeping them away from computer will never attempt to teach their kids... I can't imagine if a kid, after learning bitcoin and earning, would be sitting through out their lives in front of the computer... That won't be healthy and they might missed some part of being a kid...  Smiley
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:48:51 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 07:02:01 AM by Fireblade

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Like on this  forum, 5-10 years old can learned how it works or how forum make money for you or how you will work on forum that will let you earned, if child want such as good future he knows what he will do for his life but aren't we can't control them to play cause they are a CHILDREN like us on our childhood, for me let them enjoy first the things on life and maybe don't teach them, let their talent,skills,learnings,knowledge and etc follow it, even if facing reality that we need money.  

The answer is: told them that they are only playing on internet while they are earning their money so they can be the CHILD that actually a child that needs to play.
there are things on bitcoin that allows game for earnings.
Google it.
but i think they do not need to learn about bitcoin they need to concentrate on their study and after completing study they should start using bitcoin. because no a days bitcoin is a good source of earning money. it is a type of investment as people using it as investment, may be in future when the users of bitcoin will increase more then people will also be using it as fiat and then kids will need to learn about bitcoin.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:57:57 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 08:23:23 PM by hurain

i think the  best way to make them understand about bitcoins is by saying that bitcoin is another type of currency and it is not fiat like usd or any other curreny .it exits and it cant be felt and it  is  the  future and it has a lot of potential.
Children will not understand that what the the feeling of currency and then they will think that why it is impossible for bitcoin to unable to touch so it do not need to go to that much deep you can tell them simply that bitcoin is a digital currency and it is used for internet transactions. You can tell them that fiat is for offline stores and bitcoin is for online stores.
Of course. If you are explaining bitcoin to a kid at a deep or broad sense then they will just get confused, your idea is good that it should be introduce to them in its simplest way. Kids don't mind anyway so let us just keep as simple as that, let them see how you transact bitcoin in different ways so will discover it themselves.
I think chldren will not get confused if you will explain about the concept of bitcoin in the same way as we explain about other money to them they will also learn about it as they learn about money like fiat.
but i think that when we explain bitcoin to people we discuss it as a good source of income by investing money here and i think children do not need for this. they have no concern with investment and business. their parents and government are responsible to fulfill their needs. i think their most important job is to complete their education first and after that they should join trading and business etc.
CODE200

Activity: 1470
Merit: 311

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:50:27 PM

This topic isn't that easy to elaborate with the exact result on how to teach a kid about bitcoin because you might keep reapeating the same explaination and instruction just for a young mind to be able to cope with the matter. hence, the easiest way for a kid or young mind to learn and to understand bitcoin is by advising the kids to view and watch tutorial on YouTube because kids have the privelege to watch the tutorial as often as they want and they can repeat it in several times.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
antonioa

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:35:18 PM

i think the  best way to make them understand about bitcoins is by saying that bitcoin is another type of currency and it is not fiat like usd or any other curreny .it exits and it cant be felt and it  is  the  future and it has a lot of potential.
Children will not understand that what the the feeling of currency and then they will think that why it is impossible for bitcoin to unable to touch so it do not need to go to that much deep you can tell them simply that bitcoin is a digital currency and it is used for internet transactions. You can tell them that fiat is for offline stores and bitcoin is for online stores.
Of course. If you are explaining bitcoin to a kid at a deep or broad sense then they will just get confused, your idea is good that it should be introduce to them in its simplest way. Kids don't mind anyway so let us just keep as simple as that, let them see how you transact bitcoin in different ways so will discover it themselves.
I think chldren will not get confused if you will explain about the concept of bitcoin in the same way as we explain about other money to them they will also learn about it as they learn about money like fiat.
but i think that when we explain bitcoin to people we discuss it as a good source of income by investing money here and i think children do not need for this. they have no concern with investment and business. their parents and government are responsible to fulfill their needs. i think their most important job is to complete their education first and after that they should join trading and business etc.

I agree with you. Children about bitkoin need to be told in general terms. No need for details. Just say that there is such an alternative to fiat currency
grandy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

I dont really think that bitcoin is easy to explain on kids because there is so many complicated things in bitcoin though and it is not that simple as fiat currency. I think it is higher chance to be scam rather than in fiat, more over if this is done by kids, there will be a lot of scamming things occur
and i think there is no need to explain bitcoin to kids as kids have to complete their education first and after that when they complete their education can think about starting bitcoin, but the most important thing it to compete their study first.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:18:08 AM

I dont really think that bitcoin is easy to explain on kids because there is so many complicated things in bitcoin though and it is not that simple as fiat currency. I think it is higher chance to be scam rather than in fiat, more over if this is done by kids, there will be a lot of scamming things occur
and i think there is no need to explain bitcoin to kids as kids have to complete their education first and after that when they complete their education can think about starting bitcoin, but the most important thing it to compete their study first.
I would say the same but if you mean by kid you mean teenagers than yes you could teach a teen about bitcoin early so they could start earning their own money if they don’t want to get a part time job, and you could tell them that they could use the money to buy games, I taught  my neighbor about bitcoin and he bought wow with the money he earned and pays for the monthly subscription with it.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:22:34 AM

Kids (I hope you are talking about teenagers), could be taught about bitcoins by saying that it is a form of currency. Try to understand and then provide a summary of how the blockchain works and how transactions are included in blocks, and teach them what is mining. These should be enough technical knowledge for them. If, then, they seem interested, you could proceed to telling them about how to earn small bits of bitcoins, provided they are old enough.

Also, dont forget to make them aware about Ponzi/cloud mining schemes and never invest in any site that seems too good to be true.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

I agree with you. Children about bitkoin need to be told in general terms. No need for details. Just say that there is such an alternative to fiat currency

I agree with you. If we are teaching our children about bitcoins we should teach them by showing to do the basics such as making web wallets and how to do a transaction. Teaching them the technicalities will bore the children and too much explanation will make them sleep. And so teach them how to collect from faucets so they will enjoy doing bitcoins and their interest will be triggered.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:50:46 PM

I think someone could create a game about it , a game composed of story telling which as they progress they get to know more about different angles of bitcoin world which could be useful when they grew up Smiley

If it happens then I will surely play that game Cheesy

How to teach kids about Bitcoin?

The 1st thing why do we need to teach them about bitcoin?
It's their age to study and play.
By looking at it I think OP is a Kid Cheesy
just kidding.
If you really want to tell a kid about bitcoin then just show him an example of bank transaction and bitcoin transaction so that they will know we can send money without being noticed like thieves
Maximilian_333

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

Nowadays everybody needs money. Children are not an exception. I think economic games with an income in bitcoins is quite suitable for this. To teach a child the game no problem, but as soon as he will buy something for bitcoins lots of lunch they will know everything.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:35:01 PM

i think the  best way to make them understand about bitcoins is by saying that bitcoin is another type of currency and it is not fiat like usd or any other curreny .it exits and it cant be felt and it  is  the  future and it has a lot of potential.
First of all you will teach them and convince them that it is a currency which is used digitally to buy things like they buy with other currencies and in front of them do a few practices for some period and then they will consider it as a currency and will gradually learn everything related to it step by step.
--Python.Core.Developer--

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:54:52 PM

I don't think children will be intrested in learning. I see that children are already in the kind of play-time and don't even want to do homework.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:04:17 PM

I agree with you. If we are teaching our children about bitcoins we should teach them by showing to do the basics such as making web wallets and how to do a transaction. Teaching them the technicalities will bore the children and too much explanation will make them sleep. And so teach them how to collect from faucets so they will enjoy doing bitcoins and their interest will be triggered.
I will say that not all kids can be interested or will do bitcoins depending on their likes and what they need . Some kids like to play and play and i agree on teaching them to claim on faucets especially apps or games with bitcoins will made their time to do bitcoins ,but in general it doesn't mean they will be interested so don't push them teach how to do bitcoins maybe a good mindsetting them how to built their future will help their way towards investments and to know bitcoins in a younger age.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:13:33 PM

i think the  best way to make them understand about bitcoins is by saying that bitcoin is another type of currency and it is not fiat like usd or any other curreny .it exits and it cant be felt and it  is  the  future and it has a lot of potential.

I think that is not a good idea to explain to them that bitcoin is a type of currency, why? Because kids today are intelligent and they can think of something new and out of their curiosity they can use it for gambling unless we are not going to open them the negative things that we can do it, other wise it is a good idea.
although they like something new, but that does not mean they can understand something complex of bitcoin. kids enough to know that bitcoin is kind of a new currency, and they can understand once they are old enough
The kids are need more education and i think that's not the right thing to tell the bitcoin to the kid, because they're need a lot of the education. That's not the right environtment for them.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

I think that is not a good idea to explain to them that bitcoin is a type of currency, why? Because kids today are intelligent and they can think of something new and out of their curiosity they can use it for gambling unless we are not going to open them the negative things that we can do it, other wise it is a good idea.
although they like something new, but that does not mean they can understand something complex of bitcoin. kids enough to know that bitcoin is kind of a new currency, and they can understand once they are old enough
The kids are need more education and i think that's not the right thing to tell the bitcoin to the kid, because they're need a lot of the education. That's not the right environtment for them.
yes i  am 100% agree wiith you.Being teacher i will suggest you that kids should only pay attention to their study and should take part in active sports which is more important for their help. i think kinds should complete their study first and after completing their study they should take part in trading altcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:00:53 PM

You got a point. Yes bitcoin is not for kids because it will be maybe not easily to understand since there is a lot of things to consider before going into bitcoin like how the bitcoin works and what are the basic terms and fundamentals you need to know before taking the risk, like those things are need to understand very well to be an effective bitcoin user and a kid will not fulfill that needs.
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:31:13 PM

It is not so easy to teach kids about bitcoin formally.
I mean in schools it would be really difficult because
Most of the governments even now oppose the use of bitcoins,
In place of their national Fiat currency.
So they won't allow the school to have bitcoins as a part of their economics course.
But yes we can definitely promote the use of bitcoins informally to set an example in front of them.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:45:26 PM

It is not so easy to teach kids about bitcoin formally.
I mean in schools it would be really difficult because
Most of the governments even now oppose the use of bitcoins,
In place of their national Fiat currency.
So they won't allow the school to have bitcoins as a part of their economics course.
But yes we can definitely promote the use of bitcoins informally to set an example in front of them.

It is literally, hard to teach children, espscially for something they dont really know, they are kids, they do not care about money and stuffs, they just want to play and enjoy their lives, they are just kids. We don't need to relate government about these, we don't need to relate the fiat currencies about these, and what school will teach a KID about economy, you will be just wasting your time. It can be used as an example to them, but eventually, they do not care.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

Well I believe you thinking to put your kids to work already so that when they grow big they will have decent amount of money backup with them. Well it's amazing idea and I love it. May be initially we can tell them bitcoin is going to be new currency of world, not a lie but may be a hope? Kids are smart now a days and they would love to play with bitcoins very easily. We can put them into a program where they earn bitcoins for learning new things? May be a science fair for instance.  Smiley

Bitcoin is digital and many kids love internet world a lot. There are trillions of services online the only thing is they should pay for kids in bitcoins for using them. May be these things should be implemented by schools. Haha I know I am going far fetched but I can't imagine kids earning at so young age. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: