Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:53:35 AM

i think the kids will learn about bitcoin in the same way as they learn about fiat so if we teach that bitcoin is also a currency and is working the same as fiat and teach them about the use of bitcoin in different places then they will star to use bitcoin as they are using fiat
May not be a problem to let them know about bitcoin, that bitcoin as a currency in general serves to pay but do not tell them about bitcoin deeper they will not understand about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

I don't think that kids should be taught things about bitcoin. For me, kids can not learn the Economics of bitcoin at that early age. Maybe you could let them play games related to bitcoin ( if one exist ) but I doubt that they would learn about bitcoin through this method. They would have an idea but the assurance that they would understand it is not guaranteed.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:30:24 AM

Kids nowadays should thought about the bitcoin because bitcoin can be their future and the kids now are fast learner so it is easy you just need patience for that. And for me bitcoin is so powerful so you should thought it to a kid for the kid have a Idea how to earn money.
Wa(t)ch_night()

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:40:50 PM

Kids nowadays should thought about the bitcoin because bitcoin can be their future and the kids now are fast learner so it is easy you just need patience for that. And for me bitcoin is so powerful so you should thought it to a kid for the kid have a Idea how to earn money.

Yes, I agree, children should know about the existence of bitcoin. But first of all children should think about studying. Just need to tell them a bit about the bitcoin in a game form

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:51:13 PM

Eventually it will be easier to teach kids about bitcoin than about traditional finance.

try explaining a kid about bank holidays and the fact that banks or stock markets close.

kids nowadays are used to being online 24/7, why should their money not be accessible 24/7?

why should sending money offshore be more expensive?
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:07:56 PM

Kids nowadays are fast learners and can easily understand, so if I teach a kid about bitcoin I will present video. I will allow to watch video about bitcoin on whats the process and on how it works though. That bitcoin is a form of digital currency that can be use in an instant way.
i think they should not waste their time in learning bitcoin because bitcoin cannot be use as currency in most of the countries of the world, but people are using it for investment and kids do not have any concern with bitcoin.
Yeah most of the people using it just for the investing purpose but I think teaching it to kids is a good practice for them to be a good trader or investor in the future. This learning or practice will really help them in the future.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

Teaching kids about bitcoin will be difficult for you because they didn't care about the bitcoin or money or anything for their age because they just want to play and explore basic things in the world, you don't need to rush them to get into the advanced or techie world because they will get into that in their being teenager.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Teaching kids about bitcoin will be difficult for you because they didn't care about the bitcoin or money or anything for their age because they just want to play and explore basic things in the world, you don't need to rush them to get into the advanced or techie world because they will get into that in their being teenager.
Yes I agree with you. Simply put it this way Bitcoin will be a topic for kids that will make them don't care as they will lack interest. Kids having a developing brain will make this kind of topic somewhat complex even the concept of money for us is easy. So the best thing is try to reserve teaching Bitcoin when they are old enough to understand money.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:01:55 PM

Kids nowadays are fast learners and can easily understand, so if I teach a kid about bitcoin I will present video. I will allow to watch video about bitcoin on whats the process and on how it works though. That bitcoin is a form of digital currency that can be use in an instant way.
i think they should not waste their time in learning bitcoin because bitcoin cannot be use as currency in most of the countries of the world, but people are using it for investment and kids do not have any concern with bitcoin.
of course even if you impose to provide information on them they will not understand for what you describe. so I think it is futile

Kids should be taught of which is in their interest and easily understandable. Impose the knowledge of bitcoins to children can result in the hatred with the new coins, if kids are not interested.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 04:18:04 PM

of course even if you impose to provide information on them they will not understand for what you describe. so I think it is futile

Kids should be taught of which is in their interest and easily understandable. Impose the knowledge of bitcoins to children can result in the hatred with the new coins, if kids are not interested

This is why not all teachers are born equal

And parents as well, for that matter. Teaching is not so much about actual transfer of knowledge (but even here your mileage may vary since your success in teaching largely depends on how well you can communicate the new knowledge) but about raising interest in some topic. It should be obvious to any parent and teacher with brains bigger than a walnut that forcing knowledge will be counterproductive

Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:46:13 PM

Kids don't need to learn about Bitcoin.  In the future maybe it'll be easier to teach them, but right now it's not a good thing to teach them because they won't share your enthusiasm.  Unless they have the maturity of a preteen or teenager, they'll just wonder why they can't spend it anywhere or use it every day and they'll give up.

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:58:19 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

There is always the right time to teach them for everything but kid is a kid. Most kid or children doesn't need to earn a profit immediately and it didn't says from what age that the kids must teach them about in bitcoin, well that would depend on the understanding of the kids.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:37:56 PM

There is always the right time to teach them for everything but kid is a kid. Most kid or children doesn't need to earn a profit immediately and it didn't says from what age that the kids must teach them about in bitcoin, well that would depend on the understanding of the kids.
yes most children do not want to earn money but they want money for their needs to buy their toys and other things they want so if a time come when there will be the use of bitcoin widely then at that time they will ask for bitcoin from their parents and for that we have to teach them about its usage.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:57:21 AM

perhaps to teach him start after graduating from high school trades leading since that time he will quickly understand her.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:16:19 AM

Teaching kids about bitcoin i think no need to do that because they are kids. Maybe teach them if they graduated in high school that is best right to teach them.  But kids maybe its not the time to learn about bitcoin.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:25:15 AM

Teaching kids about bitcoin i think no need to do that because they are kids. Maybe teach them if they graduated in high school that is best right to teach them.  But kids maybe its not the time to learn about bitcoin.
The age of the kids are not enough for them to learn how to use bitcoin or even how it works because they are too young and their mind are not ready for those technology. I think you are correct to teach them at least when they are high school because it is enough for them to understand this kind of technology because they are start using the internet also so it will be easier for them to understand.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:43:53 AM

perhaps to teach him start after graduating from high school trades leading since that time he will quickly understand her.

Not all kids can easily pick up, just teach them those things that can get by them, the easy ones. And don't force them to learn all things about bitcoin because it might make them disappointed if they will know that it's that hard to earn bitcoin. Make them inspired by those people that get rich because of bitcoin so that they are the ones to know it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:27:35 AM

Not all kids can easily pick up, just teach them those things that can get by them, the easy ones. And don't force them to learn all things about bitcoin because it might make them disappointed if they will know that it's that hard to earn bitcoin. Make them inspired by those people that get rich because of bitcoin so that they are the ones to know it.
I don't I will consider someone graduating from high school a kid. Buy that time they are now teenagers who know some complex things especially in math. Maybe I would try to start teaching them when they are in Grade 7 in which I will tell the importance of saving money and investment for them to have a better future. And then after I while i'll try to introduce them about Bitcoin in which they can start on their own after learning the basics. Because Bitcoin itself can be a self thought topic as if the user is really interested and sees the potential of Bitcoin than he/she may quickly learn about it.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:49:13 AM

I will add some ,not all kids will be intereseted doing bitcoins .I think it will depends on the parents how they discipline and form their kids until they grew up .It will be a good thing and a help if a kid is openminded how hard to earn money to buy their wants .Their attitude will push them even you don't explain well about bitcoins.  Its about a mindset of a kid for us to teach them in right age .if you will ask the right age i mean . The right age with a proper understanding about things with their right attitude that fits to age.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:24:42 AM

I will add some ,not all kids will be intereseted doing bitcoins .I think it will depends on the parents how they discipline and form their kids until they grew up .It will be a good thing and a help if a kid is openminded how hard to earn money to buy their wants .Their attitude will push them even you don't explain well about bitcoins.  Its about a mindset of a kid for us to teach them in right age .if you will ask the right age i mean . The right age with a proper understanding about things with their right attitude that fits to age.
Exactly. As also a child, they desserve to live what life style they supposed to be. As a child, business related stuff is not ideal for them since at that age, they should only play and study. As they grew up, may be as a teen, that's the perfect time to teach bitcoin to them since the interest and capability can be acquired by teenager in doing such business.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: