Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:48:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:53:24 AM

If the child is already familiar with the internet then he will know how to play it
Live loving or how to play and how to get coin from bi
bitcoin is not a game that they know how to play it. LOL.
it is a huge technology and not only kids but lots of high educated people who use internet as their daily routine but still don't know anything about bitcoin.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:03:17 PM

If the child is already familiar with the internet then he will know how to play it
Its not that easy kids are still kids even if they are familiar with the internet for me they will have a hard time to learn about bitcoin because many of them focused in playing games,doing social media.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

I will teach my kids about bitcoin through playing android games which earns satoshi that can be have by playing developed games that is legit to transact btc earnings. In that ways kids could easily understand the basics from where and what btc is as a part of digital currency sytem which clearly defined the scenario of the environment of the world of bitcoiners in the future when they grew up they will exactly learn everything that linked to bitcoin investments.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:15:06 PM

Its not that easy kids are still kids even if they are familiar with the internet for me they will have a hard time to learn about bitcoin because many of them focused in playing games,doing social media.

Games will not bring them such a huge benefit as bitcoin. Therefore, you do not need to accustom them to useless studies on the Internet, they should take an example from you.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:46:26 PM

let your child know if they can buy something using bitcoin, and they can own bitcoin using miner, faucet or doing sometask
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:49:14 PM

Nowadays, kids are so very different compare to kids before way back 1980's. Kid's now are very smart but still their behavior was obviously a kids. I think by teaching them about in bitcoin, since they play games most of the time, let us give them some few games that pay's bitcoin every time they play. or Bitcoin faucets, at least even small amount of satoshi they became familiar with bitcoin anyhow.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:00:00 PM

Let them read some threads here in forum, maybe it cann help them to understand how bitcoin would help them in the mere future. Dont tell them that they can earn money,just tell them if they want knowledge just read and read then post at least once a day to make them comfortable for what they are doing.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:08:35 PM

I think the best way to teach kids about bitcoins is to introduce them to the games that pays in bitcoins as kids are very much addicted to games so in that case they can also have fun of playing games and at the same time they will start earning bitcoins.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:16:05 AM

I think the best way to teach kids about bitcoins is to introduce them to the games that pays in bitcoins as kids are very much addicted to games so in that case they can also have fun of playing games and at the same time they will start earning bitcoins.
Teaching them on how to earn bitcoins thru video games on your cellphone or smartphone will not help them in their studies or even improving their skills. It will just make them a very lazy person because they will get addicted to the game and they will abandon social life and that is not a good practice to kids, so no to young kids that will do bitcoin.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:47:56 AM

Giving bitcoin knowledge to children at a young age is good but sure with good teaching methods as well, and it takes supervision and guidance from parents to always provide direction to limit their online activities
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:33:16 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

I think that kids must be leaved in they world because cannot understand nothing about bitcoin. Bitcoin has no importance for them and I don't see why needed to learn something like bitcoin to them. They must learn to many other things before bitcoin. Pretending to learn to them such things has something maniacal within.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:12:39 AM

bitcoin is not a game that they know how to play it. LOL.
it is a huge technology and not only kids but lots of high educated people who use internet as their daily routine but still don't know anything about bitcoin.

That is how it exactly looks like, some adults who have heard already about bitcoins cannot grasp the idea and mechanics of this cryptocurrency, so ehy would anyone bother to explain that to kids?
It is common that people cannot understand how blockchain works because they do not have enough time and determination to get educated properly in such a subject.

If there are many grown people who cannot really understand the whole cryptocurrency mechanics, then imagine explaining all of that to some kid which is not really interested about it.

Leave bitcoins for adults, kids shouldnt use  money without their parents control.

Smiley
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 416

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:17:46 AM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Yes your definitely right kids need first to learn the basic economy so they don't have confuseness when they will use bitcoin. Kids need to focus on their learnings at school and some kids don't know how to manage and handle their own money, so it's difficult to teach kids about bitcoin.
In my opinion there' no reason for children to know about bitcoin because children is in the stage of learning and playing. They can't even handle their money so it is difficult to teach about bitcoin. Even if the childrens now are easy to adapt the technologies still they can't manage their money.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:37:47 AM

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Yes your definitely right kids need first to learn the basic economy so they don't have confuseness when they will use bitcoin. Kids need to focus on their learnings at school and some kids don't know how to manage and handle their own money, so it's difficult to teach kids about bitcoin.
In my opinion there' no reason for children to know about bitcoin because children is in the stage of learning and playing. They can't even handle their money so it is difficult to teach about bitcoin. Even if the childrens now are easy to adapt the technologies still they can't manage their money.

Why would children learn about economy so early? I agree that they should be out of this, let them enjoy in their childhood and they will start to learn about bitcoin they feel need for that. In that moment we can help them in few ways, buy them computer, pay for internet, and give them freedom to learn about internet and all the things that internet offers. I`m think they need to be under supervision for first months, cause they are kids, they can easily lost on internet. So directing your kids interest is one of the important things.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kreskko

Activity: 270

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:49:11 AM

I believe that they need to be trained to manage money in the format of the game. So in the future they will have management skills and making money, they will be very grateful for that.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:59:41 AM

I believe that they need to be trained to manage money in the format of the game. So in the future they will have management skills and making money, they will be very grateful for that.
Money management is the right thing to be taught to the kids at the beginning, but very few users get interested towards such activities. Most of the kids have a varied thinking as every child have in its childhood. Better make them understand what is necessary for them and let them pick.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:13:10 PM

Bitcoin is kind of like money so the people that are trying to spend it should know that only adults that use an electronic item should be using it. Kids aren't trying to go around looking for jobs and attending job interviews at such a young age, it is not the year 1950's and under where kids were working for the rich people just so the companies could have more products because automation with computer technology was not around then.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:35:08 AM

I think we can tell kids about Bitcoin so that they will not be ignorant when someone talk about it.  We should tell them about bitcoin so that they will knew it is a currency and won't take it for granted.  But the knowledge should stop there since Bitcoin is a complicated stuff that even mature people are having a hard time comprehending the whole of it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1356

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:47:49 AM

Personally, I have started to told my kids about what I'm doing in front of my laptop everyday. My youngest kids age 10 has a keen interest on it because he is inclined to technology. I initially told them the bitcoin is like a paper money so he understand it very well. Its like monopoly or millionaires games that we have play with uses money as mode of payment to do transactions. So I think that's a good start. I will gradually start how bitcoin works and see where it goes. They are in vacation mode right now so no school time, we have a lot of father and son bonding time together about bitcoin. Hope I will succeed introducing it. Wish me luck guys!!!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:57:43 PM

Personally, I have started to told my kids about what I'm doing in front of my laptop everyday. My youngest kids age 10 has a keen interest on it because he is inclined to technology. I initially told them the bitcoin is like a paper money so he understand it very well. Its like monopoly or millionaires games that we have play with uses money as mode of payment to do transactions. So I think that's a good start. I will gradually start how bitcoin works and see where it goes. They are in vacation mode right now so no school time, we have a lot of father and son bonding time together about bitcoin. Hope I will succeed introducing it. Wish me luck guys!!!

Well goodluck to you mate. It looks like its gonna be a long journey to you to explain and expose what bitcoin to your 10 year old kid. Kids today are somewhat into technology so much easier to teach them about bitcoin because it is a virtual currency. I agree with what others mentioned, start your kids early to teach money management like saving. So you can also start telling him that he can save bitcoin as well like in a piggy bank.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: