Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:42:09 AM

Interesting so the learning can be twofold:

1) The technology side, the puzzle that is part of the mining process, and

2) The financial implications, the money management element.

Good stuff, any other ideas?
Yes I agree with you

Children should be introduced to technology because technology is almost a necessity for mankind.
Children doesn't need to exposed to technology at young age because it will be a wall for them between technology and their childhood experience. Children needs more socializing skills and also basic things to learn before technology and they can still learn the technology when they get at least teenager and we don't need to rush them to learn such things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:14:35 AM

Yes I agree with you

Children should be introduced to technology because technology is almost a necessity for mankind.
Children doesn't need to exposed to technology at young age because it will be a wall for them between technology and their childhood experience. Children needs more socializing skills and also basic things to learn before technology and they can still learn the technology when they get at least teenager and we don't need to rush them to learn such things.
It's good for them to be expose if they can understand it, it will give them a good training so the in the future
bitcoin will interest them. However, we have to understand that they are just kids, they need to live a balance life.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:16:22 AM

Yes I agree with you

It's good for them to be expose if they can understand it, it will give them a good training so the in the future
bitcoin will interest them. However, we have to understand that they are just kids, they need to live a balance life.

It would not be the best time to introduce bitcoins to kids as they will surely find it complicated and won't show any interest in it and will prefer to have fun with their friends and basically will enjoy the outdoor games in compare to online games.
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:12:49 AM

Yes I agree with you

It would not be the best time to introduce bitcoins to kids as they will surely find it complicated and won't show any interest in it and will prefer to have fun with their friends and basically will enjoy the outdoor games in compare to online games.

It is not the right time for kids to teach them about Bitcoin but you can teach them about basic financial management and its importance. Also early exposure in technology might promote a gadget-inclined person lacking in social life which in fact is needed so you can interact to others effectively. Everything has right time where they are ready and open-minded regarding this then it is the time to teach them.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:11:02 AM

Yes I agree with you

It is not the right time for kids to teach them about Bitcoin but you can teach them about basic financial management and its importance. Also early exposure in technology might promote a gadget-inclined person lacking in social life which in fact is needed so you can interact to others effectively. Everything has right time where they are ready and open-minded regarding this then it is the time to teach them.

Yes in this generation kids they are so fast they will learn anything very quickly. But I also advice don't teach about this bitcoin to your kids in young age. They have many things to learn at this age. If you teach them how bitcoins works and how to make money. They will not show interest in another subject, and they only concentrate on easy money. This may spoil your kids future.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:32:44 AM

Yes I agree with you

Yes in this generation kids they are so fast they will learn anything very quickly. But I also advice don't teach about this bitcoin to your kids in young age. They have many things to learn at this age. If you teach them how bitcoins works and how to make money. They will not show interest in another subject, and they only concentrate on easy money. This may spoil your kids future.
I dont think so, interested children should learn from starting ,this innovative technology hold great future.it is good know from starting and earn money,at last all we do study to earn money so why not become knowledge from early age and stop wasting all these years.they should be taught to stay away from illegal things and focus on learning new things.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:18:33 AM

Yes I agree with you

Thats right, when they get interest in one thing they will learn it from themselves, they will work hard for it if they really wanted to know about bitcoin. Kids these days always searching for knowledge, incredible things and anything to be busy with, if they probably hear about bitcoin, or if someone tell it to them, they will probably put their time trying to learn about bitcoin.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:22:51 AM

Theres no need to teach kids on bitcoins,millenials nowadays are explorers,you dont need to spoon feed them to learn about something,if they will be interested to it they will learn it in their own way

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
luka red

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:40:59 AM

I think, it is not necessary to teach them about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not s game. It's a serious issue. Kidds have to play game, to learn their lesson and to enjoy their childhood. So they should be kept away from Bitcoin.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 02:54:30 PM

I am actually surprised that there isn't much material to give or show novice people(kids or other wise) that will make them understand this bitcoin and crypto stuff easily.
I feel there definitely should be some books are at least collection of articles or guides that do this.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:13:38 AM

I am actually surprised that there isn't much material to give or show novice people(kids or other wise) that will make them understand this bitcoin and crypto stuff easily.
I feel there definitely should be some books are at least collection of articles or guides that do this.

And I'm even more surprised that you're expecting that someone will create a video or an article about bitcoin for kids.  Google "Explain bitcoin like I'm 5" and you'd see some articles such as this, this, and this. Since I've found what you're looking for, it proves that you simply didn't do enough research. I don't think that you even used google at all. The things you need would not just be handed down to you by someone. You have to do your own research about these things.

There are pdfs out there about bitcoin and the most important one is bitcoin's whitepaper. Once again, it's not that it's not existing. You simply didn't do your research.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:18:01 AM

I think, it is not necessary to teach them about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not s game. It's a serious issue. Kidds have to play game, to learn their lesson and to enjoy their childhood. So they should be kept away from Bitcoin.
I'd love to teach my kids but do they care about bitcoin? No, they just want to have fun and enjoy their childhood, I cannot even convince my niece who are already matured enough to learn how bitcoin works, how much more a kid. Maybe I will just wait for the right time, they might grow up and comprehend all this things.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:37:59 AM

I'd love to teach my kids but do they care about bitcoin? No, they just want to have fun and enjoy their childhood, I cannot even convince my niece who are already matured enough to learn how bitcoin works, how much more a kid. Maybe I will just wait for the right time, they might grow up and comprehend all this things.

It simply appears to me that you have bad persuading skills. "Money", when people here that, their brain lights up like light bulb. Everyone wants money. Everyone's materialistic. I know there are special snowflakes out there that would say otherwise but let's face it, we're all materialistic. Simply telling your niece that he can buy whatever he wants if he's going to study bitcoins and work hard for it. The job isn't that tiring since they only have to do computer works which is pretty easy for today's generation.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:52:38 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
Teaching about bitcoins on children isn't bad idea however childrens are supposedly to play in that stage. Even though children are exposed on gadgets now still their mindset is on playing games. It is better them to teach when they go on teenager stage because their mind is developing and yet sometime they need money.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:51:18 AM

whoah not really to keep them away from bitcoin. I don't think theres anuthing wrong with teaching kids about bitcoin but that is if they are really interested in it. I doubt that there are a lot of kids who are actually interested in market issues. so I agree that kids are supposed to be enjoying their childhood but if they want to learn about it, why not

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
JaRViZZ

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:50:20 AM

whoah not really to keep them away from bitcoin. I don't think theres anuthing wrong with teaching kids about bitcoin but that is if they are really interested in it. I doubt that there are a lot of kids who are actually interested in market issues. so I agree that kids are supposed to be enjoying their childhood but if they want to learn about it, why not

It is pointless to teach any financial transactions to a serious language of children, because they will not understand this. On the contrary, it will be an exciting and profitable game to collect Satoshi with the help of cranes.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

It is pointless to teach any financial transactions to a serious language of children, because they will not understand this. On the contrary, it will be an exciting and profitable game to collect Satoshi with the help of cranes.
Bitcoin is not a serious issue but it may be too complex for kids at a young age to understand. You know why? Even adults took time to understand what Bitcoin is before they got comfortable with it, I for example almost give up on having interest with Bitcoin because of a lot of new information I am having in one day, too much that it made me think twice about Bitcoin. Now imagine it about kids making them try to understand something complex like Bitcoin.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:57:37 PM

I think both of you are right in general, but still it would be IMO if there were something like funny games teaching about blockchain, cryptography and such things. I would definitely buy those games for my kids (in the far far future when maybe I'll have them Smiley )
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:58:15 PM

Just tell them that they can buy lots of candies when they started earning bitcoin.
And i think this is the simpliest but effective idea to teach kids about bitcoin.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:17:39 PM

Just tell them that they can buy lots of candies when they started earning bitcoin.
And i think this is the simpliest but effective idea to teach kids about bitcoin.

Well not all kids are into candies if you ask me. And even if you tell them that they might earn something if they do some tasks, they will be bored to death, bitcoin is a boring stuff for kids, they are Fantasy, Magic and princesses minded. They are not that into computer especially these digital currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: