Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:30:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270083 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:14:20 PM

If i dont sell my BTC, i dont have money to pay for the bills, and pay for the food
All my income is paid on BTC. Even our company where i work have the options to get pay by BTC

Just curious, where do you work?  You know you can just get a trezor, or something of the sort, and a shift debit card; and when you need to pay the bills, you can just transfer the amount you need to pay into your coinbase account and pay it with that... So essentially there isn't really a need any more to sell your bitcoins.

I am curious to find out where you get your salary based in bitcoins though... I'm assuming you work for a bitcoin based company?  I can't imagine it's another completely random job that has nothing to do with computer science.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

the answer is i choose to long-term investment and i will sell my bitcoin when price  $1000. still far to my goal.

Long term investments in bitcoin are hard because people can't stop themselves from panic selling and in the end they lose money for no reason. You buy at 350 and the price suddenly drops and most people sell because they can't handle the pressure, long term investments should be done with only a small % of your total money to avoid such things
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:28:59 PM

the answer is i choose to long-term investment and i will sell my bitcoin when price  $1000. still far to my goal.
That is obviously your own choice but the OP and myself would like to know why? By the time we get to $1000 again with obvious manipulation that will probably mean many more merchants accept it and will be well on the way. If it gets to $1k then you would probably not need to cash out for the things you would spend the worthless fiat paper on. If we go to $1000-$10,000 i will be buying some bits that i need at the time but i wont be cashing out to paper no more that just doesnt make sense to me anymore. There is a saying though,each to their own.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:27:53 PM

This the best goal I have seen in long time because I have seen some people saying they want to sell Bitcoin when the price reaches some unrealistic figure but $1000 is achievable in a year I think
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:05:28 PM

This was my conviction and it is even in this moment in which I am doing this post. But I am not more such sure that this my conviction would be the same in the days to come. The actual situation with the definitive division of the core developers (which for sure will bring in life a new bitcoin creating in this way a reality with two different bitcoins) make me confuse about the future of these two products. Which of those is the best one or the right one. I am not a dev to understand technically what does it mean the one and the another one. And for me that 1 MB which has caused such division is nothing and don't worth nothing. Where must be based my conviction in choosing the one or the another bitcoin? Then who would be more successful to be followed? Like me are the most of those who follow bitcoin. That mean that the confusion will be a great risk for the bitcoin (or both bitcoins). Probably to many will sell and will follow bitcoin like a movie. Will lose their affection. So, hard times are ahead.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:04:51 AM

nicely target Smiley
I appreciate your actions to hold bitcoin and wait until reach $1000
don't forget to buy back at lower price after you sell your bitcoin

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:07:53 AM

Why not. There is a possibility the later is worth even more and afterwards less.
So you just have to take a risk. Otherwise buy one later.
The price will continue to rise, but at some point you should sell it. Don't just keep it for your whole life.
joinal

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:00:34 AM

Why not. There is a possibility the later is worth even more and afterwards less.
The price will continue to rise, but at some point you should sell it. Don't just keep it for your whole life.
for now is not the right time to sell all your bitcoin. you'd better hold off for a few days, until the bitcoin prices rise again, because now prices are falling at a price of $ 370, if you're patient you may be able to sell in the $ 390- $ 400

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

I think Bitcoin price will eventually rise but Im really starting to feel it's a dead end. New ideas and projects will eventually take over and Bitcoin has a very tainted image already that I feel it can't shake off. It will still be used as a gateway to buy other coins or gambling, etc but unless something drastic happens and changes the scenery I don't really think it will be very relevant in 5 years the way things are going.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:05:36 AM

for now is not the right time to sell all your bitcoin. you'd better hold off for a few days, until the bitcoin prices rise again, because now prices are falling at a price of $ 370, if you're patient you may be able to sell in the $ 390- $ 400
It is definitely not the right time to sell. But you should definitely sell at some time.
Dagmon

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:35:59 PM

It is definitely not the right time to sell. But you should definitely sell at some time.

Do you mean we should sell when the price is $2000? But what if the price rise further after we sell. Shall we buy back?
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:02:26 PM

Do you mean we should sell when the price is $2000? But what if the price rise further after we sell. Shall we buy back?
It all comes down to your own decision. In some cases it is beneficial to buy it back and sell it later once the price is higher, but in other cases it will have to benefit as it puts to much strain on a poorer user, and there is the potential for Bitcoin to plateau and fall in value again after having bought it back.

It all comes down to reading the market.
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:39:09 PM

Only a crazy man would sell his bitcoins at current price.
Sure there is no guarantee, but it's very much unlikely we will see the price float in the 400 usd area forever.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:49:41 PM

Only a crazy man would sell his bitcoins at current price.
Sure there is no guarantee, but it's very much unlikely we will see the price float in the 400 usd area forever.

The Bitcoin scene is full of "crazy" people who are ready to sell at any price.

Before they realize it is bad to sell, it is already too late for them as these kind of people act first and think later.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:57:49 PM

I agree. It is not so good to spend our bitcoins these early times, when the bitcoin story is just starting and the future seems so promising, then we should try to keep them as long as possible.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:31:34 AM

The risk is that if somebody dont own of any and the price explode to the moon,  they remain scratching their heads for  a long time. Otherwise if they invested a lot and lose everything will be sad, So only time will tell.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:03:01 AM

I agree. It is not so good to spend our bitcoins these early times, when the bitcoin story is just starting and the future seems so promising, then we should try to keep them as long as possible.
keeping bitcoins helps in keeping them at a stable value because it decreases the supply of coins in the market. but it doesnt help the bitcoin network, it decreases adoption.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:21:40 AM

Taking the recent days into consideration, anything would happen at any instance. So someone gets benefited and some gets loss. No matter whats gonna happen believe bitcoin would make history and start earning bitcoins and save for future. Over the years to come bitcoin might be used equivalent to dollar, at that time it would help you buy with bitcoin which you have a lot.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:53:23 AM

If you are a trader. you're not going to sell bitcoin, if the price of bitcoin now, far below the price before you buy
sometimes I was wrong calculations in buying, Tongue
Mitchow

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:31:31 PM

If you are a trader. you're not going to sell bitcoin, if the price of bitcoin now, far below the price before you buy
sometimes I was wrong calculations in buying, Tongue

If you have a constant watch on bitcoin price then you know when to buy and when to sell it, as the big traders are doing the same buying at lower price and selling at a bit higher price and making good profits, its not a good idea just keep on holding and making your coins unused.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: