Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:00:04 PM

lol and now also amd miner and boosted cpu miner? only for some or with paying.
rename it trollcoin or failcoin Tongue

Correct me if I am wrong: You are asking to rename this "trollcoin" or "failcoin" because somehow GPUs are mining way more coins than regular CPUs? Why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:06:02 PM

+1

its really disgusting people have no spirit of satoshi... its rally a huge disappointment really

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:10:37 PM

+1

its really disgusting people have no spirit of satoshi... its rally a huge disappointment really

It's terrible, isn't it?

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/ArtForz

We really need that old bitcoin spirit back. Wink

megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:15:27 PM

This size of chunks concept... I have noticed in various threads about proof of stake coins discussions that seem to refer to more than just how many of a coin you leave in any one staking wallet.

Some even seem to have some kind of automatic chopping up of "coins", presumably outputs or something like that?

Some even have users talking about various plans to manually re-arrange their coins within one wallet to help or hinder staking.

So I am wondering is all that done for us automagically here or do we need to worry about fidgeting around in our wallets to stake efficiently / effectively?

-MarkM-

We are going to be addressing this exact problem, after observing the AXIOM DPOS phase. A whitepaper is in in progress.

We made some updates to the source code readme,

https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom/blob/master/README.md

More news to come...

CONNECTION PROBLEMS UPDATE - 5 NODES ADDED

We've added 5 more node servers, 2 US, 2 EU, 1 in asia.

If you have any connection problems please add these to your axiom.conf:

addnode=104.197.49.247
addnode=104.197.64.168
addnode=130.211.74.245
addnode=104.155.34.235
addnode=107.167.189.225

and restart your wallet.

There is a TON of network traffic on this coin. You might need to close and re-open your wallet a few times to sync, to re-connect to the nodes.

And our nicehash addition:

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=news&id=20

maybe not a smart question but where do you need to put the command line:

cpuminer.exe -a axiom -o stratum+tcp://axiom.eu.nicehash.com:3346 -u YOUR-BITCOIN-ADDRESS -p x

thx  Wink

Lol in a .bat file inside your cpuminer directory.  SOOO many newbs are these just trolling accounts to get down the price? Seems like it to me.
jimn

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:19:35 PM

Correct me if I am wrong: You are asking to rename this "trollcoin" or "failcoin" because somehow GPUs are mining way more coins than regular CPUs? Why?

Yes or failalgocoin
The most unfair mining of the year

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
Mesterlovesz1974

Activity: 303

GoldReserve! Your Retirement Fund!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Because the GPU miner is not publicly announced!!! Thats why this is a trollcoin! It supposed to be CPU only, but right after the start someone said he got a cudaminer for it, now some say there is an AMD miner as well. But are they in the OP? No, they are hidden and only a few can access them!
Nassau

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:28:40 PM

Because the GPU miner is not publicly announced!!! Thats why this is a trollcoin! It supposed to be CPU only, but right after the start someone said he got a cudaminer for it, now some say there is an AMD miner as well. But are they in the OP? No, they are hidden and only a few can access them!

Roll Eyes

it was a cpu only coin for days after release. it wasn't until 2 days after that people had started to develop gpu miners. its inevitable if someone wants to allocate the resources to developing one for a specific algo.. the good thing about this coin is that the performance increases when translated to gpu's is pretty insignificant compared to other algo's. meaning this coin has some good aspects of decentralization going for it, as well as better price efficiency by keeping greedy gpu developers from dumping it to the ground. please do some research before attacking the thread and dev, otherwise you are just a blatant troll.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:42:31 PM

Roll Eyes

it was a cpu only coin for days after release. it wasn't until 2 days after that people had started to develop gpu miners. its inevitable if someone wants to allocate the resources to developing one for a specific algo.. the good thing about this coin is that the performance increases when translated to gpu's is pretty insignificant compared to other algo's. meaning this coin has some good aspects of decentralization going for it, as well as better price efficiency by keeping greedy gpu developers from dumping it to the ground. please do some research before attacking the thread and dev, otherwise you are just a blatant troll.

Your wasting your time trying to reason with people who are crying that its unfair they don't understand nor do they want to.  They are the type of person who just likes to complain how the world is unfair.  Well guess what it is and always has been.  If you can develop a GPU miner for this then you have the skills that deserve some profit.  Do you not understand its not the developer who has a GPU miner but someone else who has spent the time to develop one?  And anyways on a normal algorithm like x11 my cpu would do like 0.0001% of the speed of my GPU with this algorithm my cpu is at least 10% as fast as the best GPU miner I've seen advertised in this thread and its entirely likely that the GPU is faster but no more efficient in power consumption.

If you are bothered that someone has a GPU miner and you don't either buy it from someone who has designed it or sell all your coins and don''t mine.  The world will never be fair get over it.
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:50:48 PM

AXIOM developers pinged me to give an opinion on the GPU speedup of the AXIOM PoW function.

I wrote the draft of the paper about RandMemoHash back in 2013, after playing with RandMemoHash a bit. I tested it with a SINGLE GPU (that was even older), and could not get any speedup. My paper does not show any proof, not any real world comparison over several GPU models, so it is definitively unfinished. The suggested parameters are not proven to be valid for all existent GPU models (and less for future models). People should never take for granted what an non-peer-reviewed privately-published draft paper says.

I would have liked that Axiom developers would have pinged me to give an update on it before implementing it.

Having said this, I find that a 5x GPU speedup quite good resistance, considering that a GPU is generally better than a CPU in almost every task. CPUs are good at executing large programs, doing paging, protecting memory, doing I/O. Nothing that a PoW can make use of.

GPU memory system is designed for throughput, and it has generally about 6 times the bandwidth available to a CPU. RandMemoHash bottleneck is the DDR/GDDR memory bus, so that speedup can be expected.

Also you must consider power-usage in the equation: that may make it better or worse for GPU-mining.

I don't know if tweaking the parameters would improve it. Maybe using 8 MB instead of 2 MB can prevent the use of some L2 caches in some boards. But the more space you require, the slower it is to verify the PoW. And this is a cat-and-mouse race, since future models will probably increase the size of the cache.

The Axiom developers & community could collect some real world numbers and try to find an improved parameter set (if it is really needed and if there is a better one).

I wish AXIOM users the best luck.

Sergio.

my gpu miner have 450-460 h/s on 280x

Please share it with us.  Cool

It's a good idea for the people with GPU miners to share or leak them. Block rewards are small, and the FUD is hurting the price and any profits you make with a GPU miner.

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:52:10 PM

Roll Eyes

Nassau, While I agree in you sentiments surrounding the dev's efforts in this algo I cannot however ignore the fact that intent if willing to pay a fee through nicehash would accomplish relatively the same effect as what GPU miners are having in terms of price power/coin supply control, etc... albeit at a slight/significant cost. Also your all missing the point completely. free will.. if you dont like this coin to mine then dont.. lol..

I suspect if you had the ability to code and could compile optimized kernels you would obviously try to monopolize on your advantage..

Furthermore, Its all about the spirit of what Satoshi gave to us.. A beautiful gift to humanity. We should all play our parts in helping crypto projects BIG/small as after all its the "banksters" that got us all here in the first place with their schemes lies and greed.. Cryptos has began to turn the table on financial inst. One of the greatest changes of the age is upon us and yet we are blinded by petty shit!
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:07:39 PM

It's a good idea for the people with GPU miners to share or leak them. Block rewards are small, and the FUD is hurting the price and any profits you make with a GPU miner.

We are talking about humans here. Humans are by nature greedy, selfish and only interested in advancing their own interest at the expense of others. Most people do not care about anyone else but themselves and will do anything and everything to keep their advantage at all cost. Here and there there is someone that is actually willing to give, share or help others, but they are very very rare. This selfish attribute of humans is what is making crypto a dark and ugly place as they don't mind killing a coin as long as they can make a few buck before they move on. It is what is driving the behavior in crypto 99%.
djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:09:17 PM

Message to dev: You want to keep this coin CPU only? How about forking it with a bit modified algorithm - instead of going through first 64k iteration of shabal hashing, do it with AES blockcipher. AES should not be used for hashing, but since there is another 64k iteration that does shabal hashing again, I think there aren't much risks - a mathematician will tell us if this is correct or wrong assumption.

Why AES? Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set

This means that all new CPUs have hardware support for AES - they are kinda like ASICs for doing AES. But GPUs do not! And here is the advantage of CPUs!

This would probably not completely disable GPU mining, but the ratio between GPU and CPU would be better than now.

Nassau

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:12:57 PM

Roll Eyes

Nassau, While I agree in you sentiments surrounding the dev's efforts in this algo I cannot however ignore the fact that intent if willing to pay a fee through nicehash would accomplish relatively the same effect as what GPU miners are having in terms of price power/coin supply control, etc... albeit at a slight/significant cost. Also your all missing the point completely. free will.. if you dont like this coin to mine then dont.. lol..

I suspect if you had the ability to code and could compile optimized kernels you would obviously try to monopolize on your advantage..

Furthermore, Its all about the spirit of what Satoshi gave to us.. A beautiful gift to humanity. We should all play our parts in helping crypto projects BIG/small as after all its the "banksters" that got us all here in the first place with their schemes lies and greed.. Cryptos has began to turn the table on financial inst. One of the greatest changes of the age is upon us and yet we are blinded by petty shit!

Being on nicehash doesnt change the supply of gpu hash though as a whole though, and if anything it would give people a way to mitigate the dumping of gpu miners. Once this gets on another exchange besides bittrex the dumping will cease if it doesn't before.
arloseb

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:15:22 PM

Price dropped cause there isn't buy support.
20k was cheap 3 days ago?

So,buy now at 10k.
Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:19:15 PM

This means that all new CPUs have hardware support for AES - they are kinda like ASICs for doing AES. But GPUs do not! And here is the advantage of CPUs!

This would probably not completely disable GPU mining, but the ratio between GPU and CPU would be better than now.

you make a good point.. I cannot confirm if the changes to the algo would be mathematically better/worse than what it is already but regarding the AES instruction sets being present on CPU's you can see in the wiki url provided which model cpu's support the instruction sets. I cannot find much info relating to GPU manufactures. If or when they will be having AES onboard in their future products/pipeline. I am still having a quick research now.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:20:19 PM

I'm loving this! All in a sudden there are a lot of newbie accounts with deep technical knowledge fudding. Not selling if you're buying, and BTW GPU mining is way less than PoSing ATM.  Smiley
djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:21:29 PM

you make a good point.. I cannot confirm if the changes to the algo would be mathematically better/worse than what it is already but regarding the AES instruction sets being present on CPU's you can see in the wiki url provided which model cpu's support the instruction sets. I cannot find much info relating to GPU manufactures. If or when they will be having AES onboard in their future products/pipeline. I am still having a quick research now.

GPUs will not have this support, ever. It is never needed for any video rendering. But CPUs have this support, because AES is being increasingly used in many OS and applications.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:22:07 PM

We are talking about humans here. Humans are by nature greedy, selfish and only interested in advancing their own interest at the expense of others. Most people do not care about anyone else but themselves and will do anything and everything to keep their advantage at all cost. Here and there there is someone that is actually willing to give, share or help others, but they are very very rare. This selfish attribute of humans is what is making crypto a dark and ugly place as they don't mind killing a coin as long as they can make a few buck before they move on. It is what is driving the behavior in crypto 99%.

So you are basically saying a dev  should just put up their miner that they took the time to develop that could have been hours, days or weeks for free. Would you work for free?

Ask a dev how much donations they get from miners that use the ones they openly update. As far as I know there 2 or 3 that do. So the same can be said about miners. They use a dev's miner without contributing anything back.

If I remember correctly sp_ has increased his  x11 miner over a year now and said he has less than 2 or 3 BTC in donations. Think about that for a minute.

It's not a perfect world but there are two sides to every coin.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:23:17 PM

1/10 of the coins are for sale. verry small buy orders..

BTC
Nassau

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:25:43 PM

1/10 of the coins are for sale. verry small buy orders..

thats what they want you to think
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: