Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572435 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:18:35 PM

Jeb Bush Trashes Trump In Spanish TV Interview – Promises Amnesty

Noting the strong “Hispanic influence” in his family, GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush vowed that, if elected, he’d enact the comprehensive immigration reform that President Barack Obama promised, but failed, to achieve.

In a nearly half-hour interview with Telemundo Monday, a portion of which was aired on MSNBC, Bush, speaking entirely in Spanish, also told anchor Jose Diaz-Balart that he was “hurt” by GOP presidential primary rival Donald Trump’s comments about illegal immigrants from Mexico.

“I was hurt hearing somebody speaking in such a vulgar fashion,” he said. “This makes the solving of this problem much more difficult when we have politicians talking like that.

“Besides that, he was offending millions of people that are here legally. It makes no sense. In a political sense, it’s bad and it creates an environment that is worse. … And I believe it’s important that I as a candidate offer a more optimistic version than Trump’s negativeness.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/jeb-bush-donald-trump-spanish-interview/2015/07/27/id/659178/

--------------------------------------------------------

Alternate parallel universe on earth 2: "Mexican Presidential Candidate Trashes Contender Who's Against Illegal Yankee immigration, In English"

cheetahman333

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:06:28 PM

According to Mr. T (Treason) Bush Aztlan should just be given to mexico
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

According to Mr. T (Treason) Bush Aztlan should just be given to mexico

Google "Bush Nazi."   Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:57:07 AM

It's an Invasion, Not Immigration

Jeff Lord, who writes for the American Spectator, also has a piece for the Conservative Review he has out now. He’s just been hired by CNN to do analysis and commentary, and he sent me a note late last night and he was digging around… He’s been intrigued by this kerfuffle that Trump started in which he claimed that Mexico is sending us their human debris. Mexico is purposely sending us their worst.

Mexico is getting rid of the people they don’t want; they’re sending them here.  And he said that he had a faint memory of a news story that would actual confirm this, and he searched and searched and he found it, and I’m now holding that story right here my formerly nicotine-stained fingers.  It’s from the Associated Press. It was published atArizonaCentral.com, January 16th of 2008.  So almost eight years ago. Not 7-1/2 years ago, this story ran.

“A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora traveled to Tucson to make the case against Arizona’s new employer sanctions law[.] The lawmakers say it will have a devastating affect [sic] on the Mexican state. At a news conference Tuesday, they said Sonora cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers in Arizona return to their hometowns without jobs or money.” In other words, the Mexican government sent representatives, the equivalent of our state senators and representatives…

“The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don’t have valid legal documents to work,” and those people get deported. “Businesses found violating the law face suspension or loss of a business license. The [Mexican] lawmakers were to travel to Phoenix Wednesday for a breakfast meeting with Hispanic legislators.” The Sonora delegation, rather, was going to “travel to Phoenix Wednesday for a breakfast meeting with Hispanic legislators. … ‘How can they pass a law like this?’ asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales. ‘There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona,’ Amparano[-Gamez] said in Spanish.”

In other words, what Trump has been saying is right:  Mexico does actively send undesirables here.  When we send them back, Mexico sent a delegation to Arizona eight years ago to complain about our deporting them.  They don’t want them back.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/08/19/it_s_an_invasion_not_immigration

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:42:00 AM

Trump isn’t actually going to run. He’s just doing it for attention or because it’s good for his business deals.

Okay, so he says he’s running, but he’s not going to file any of the forms and mount a real campaign.

Well, fine. So he did the bare minimum to call it an actual campaign. But nobody is going to take him seriously.

Look… I get it. He’s got some support. But he’s basically tied with a bunch of other people in a crowded field.

Fine. He’s way out in front, but the polls show he would get creamed by Hillary in the general.

WHAT? The country is obviously full of crazy people so I quit.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/19/the-new-explanation-trump-voters-are-dangerous/

josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:02:45 AM

Trump isn’t actually going to run. He’s just doing it for attention or because it’s good for his business deals.

Okay, so he says he’s running, but he’s not going to file any of the forms and mount a real campaign.

Well, fine. So he did the bare minimum to call it an actual campaign. But nobody is going to take him seriously.

Look… I get it. He’s got some support. But he’s basically tied with a bunch of other people in a crowded field.

Fine. He’s way out in front, but the polls show he would get creamed by Hillary in the general.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/19/the-new-explanation-trump-voters-are-dangerous/

Polls show that Clinton's popularity among the Democrat party is diminishing

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:32:57 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 03:08:32 PM by Spendulus

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:39:48 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 03:34:43 PM by Wilikon

Reporter Lectures Donald Trump on Anchor Babies - Donald Trump Responds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9X1U1Nwwg

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump debated the use of the term “anchor baby” with a reporter at a press conference in New Hampshire on Wednesday.

Trump was asked, “You said that you have a big heart, and that you’re not mean-spirited. Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby,’ that’s an offensive term? People find that hurtful.”

Trump responded, “You mean it’s not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it?” He then suggested the reporter give him a different term to use, to which the reporter suggested “The American-born [children] of undocumented immigrants.” Trump said in response, “I’ll use the word ‘anchor baby.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/08/19/trump-reporter-spar-over-term-anchor-baby/

--------------------------------------------
In Yo' Face! Chump!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:28:31 PM

There are some things you just can’t do in politics, not at the presidential level, anyway.

This is a game like any other, with rules honed over decades by the pros in blue blazers clutching focus-group results: Be likable. Don’t make enemies. Respect the party elders. Avoid funny hats. And never wear white bucks or French cuffs to the Iowa State Fair, a flyover fantasy­land of cholesterol and common decency where the life-size butter cow grazes behind glass with the life-size butter Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly.

That’s why Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker wore jeans to pose atop the hay bales this year. Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina featured pink plaid—­Farmer Jane meets Disney princess—and Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton dug up a blouse of blue gingham, hoisting her pork chop on a stick like a blue ribbon for authenticity. They all played it well, adhering to the sacred promise that if they pretend to be like everyone else, voters might think they actually are.

Then a buzzing came across the sky. A $7 million Sikorsky helicopter, sent over six states in at least four hops by its billionaire owner, descended in tight circles on the crowd, the name of the Republican front runner for the 2016 presidential nomination emblazoned on the tail. Donald John Trump, at roughly 25% in the national GOP polls, about twice his nearest rival, emerged in Des Moines with his golden mane encased in a big ruby baseball cap, his cuffs flashing diamond links and his shoes shining brighter than bleached teeth.

The state trooper in charge of the event told the governor that in all his years working the fair, he had never seen a candidate mobbed like Trump. All the competition could do was stick to their scripts. When someone asked Clinton if she had noticed Trump circling overhead, she claimed ignorance. “I was just looking at the people,” she said. Trump, for his part, didn’t pretend to care much for the pork chop on a stick. One bite and he put the silly thing down. The rules have changed. He didn’t need it.

http://time.com/trump/

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:23:04 PM

Don't waste time on the "Dump Trump" posters and banners, now. He might not get in. Wait til he gets in. Then prepare your stock of supplies. It won't take long for people to get fed up with him like they do everyone else.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:36:44 PM

Don't waste time on the "Dump Trump" posters and banners, now. He might not get in. Wait til he gets in. Then prepare your stock of supplies. It won't take long for people to get fed up with him like they do everyone else.

Smiley
Listen carefully to BADecker, then do the reverse.

lol...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

Smiley

lol...

˙ǝslǝ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ op ʎǝɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ɯᴉɥ ɥʇᴉʍ dn pǝɟ ʇǝƃ oʇ ǝldoǝd ɹoɟ ƃuol ǝʞɐʇ ʇ,uoʍ ʇI ˙sǝᴉlddns ɟo ʞɔoʇs ɹnoʎ ǝɹɐdǝɹd uǝɥ┴ ˙uᴉ sʇǝƃ ǝɥ lᴉʇ ʇᴉɐM ˙uᴉ ʇǝƃ ʇou ʇɥƃᴉɯ ǝH ˙ʍou 'sɹǝuuɐq puɐ sɹǝʇsod ,,dɯnɹ┴ dɯnp,, ǝɥʇ uo ǝɯᴉʇ ǝʇsɐʍ ʇ,uop

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:42:19 PM

Smiley

lol...

˙ǝslǝ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ op ʎǝɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ɯᴉɥ ɥʇᴉʍ dn pǝɟ ʇǝƃ oʇ ǝldoǝd ɹoɟ ƃuol ǝʞɐʇ ʇ,uoʍ ʇI ˙sǝᴉlddns ɟo ʞɔoʇs ɹnoʎ ǝɹɐdǝɹd uǝɥ┴ ˙uᴉ sʇǝƃ ǝɥ lᴉʇ ʇᴉɐM ˙uᴉ ʇǝƃ ʇou ʇɥƃᴉɯ ǝH ˙ʍou 'sɹǝuuɐq puɐ sɹǝʇsod ,,dɯnɹ┴ dɯnp,, ǝɥʇ uo ǝɯᴉʇ ǝʇsɐʍ ʇ,uop

I done been Trumped.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:22:55 AM

Trump wonders: What if I demanded that CNN donate $10 million to charity to do their debate?

His participation in the Fox debate surely doubled and maybe even tripled the expected audience. If you’re CNN and he demands $10 million for charity to get him to show up, you say yes.

If you’re CNN and he demands that Wolf Blitzer make fart noises with his armpit for his amusement to get him to show up, you say yes.

And you do this secure in the knowledge that every other Republican candidate onstage wants him at the debate too, no matter how annoyed they might have grown with his shtick, because these opportunities to introduce themselves to huge audiences of people who’d otherwise never watch a political event are pure gold.

As he bids farewell, he has a final thought, something he has been mulling over. It’s about that massive audience for the first Republican debate on Fox News, which he credits almost entirely to himself. On Sept. 16, CNN will host the next debate, under the direction of Jeff Zucker, the man who helped launch Trump’s NBC show, The Apprentice. Trump has no doubt it will be huge.

“Here’s my question: So if I go to CNN and I say, Look, you’re going to have a massive audience, and if I say to them, I want $10 million for charity, nothing for myself, what happens? I’m not showing up, right?” he says. It’s a rhetorical question, the wheels of entrepreneurship are turning, the joy of being Trump dancing on his face. “I’m not showing up unless you give $10 million to cancer, to this, to that. You pick 10 great charities, $1 million per.” He’s not sure just how far the rules of democracy can bend, how big his ambitions can grow. “If I’m in it, they’ll get this crazy audience, and they’re going to make a fortune since they’re selling commercials every time we take a break. Would you ever say to them, would you ever say, I want $10 million for AIDS research, for cancer, for this type or not, or is it too cute?”

Actually, CNN would have to turn that down, I assume, since the debate is ostensibly a news event and not entertainment, right? They’re not hiring Trump to be an actor on a show; they’re covering a discussion of national policy by presidential contenders. If he makes a financial demand and they meet it, they’re admitting that Trump’s candidacy is so valuable to them that they’ll actually pay to keep him front and center in the race, which means they’re really not covering it objectively. But then, the fact that Trump would raise this hypothetical shows why it’s hard to dislike him even if you think he’d be a trainwreck as a public servant. What he’s really doing here is reminding everyone that cable news is mostly spectacle and entertainment and that ratings, as always, are king. The fact that CNN would be forced to turn him down to pretend that none of that is true — ethics come first, surely! — makes the whole idea a sort of inchoate “Magic Christian” prank. See why Trump’s enjoying himself so much? Between stunts like this and those stream-of-consciousness press conferences he’s giving on the trail, he seems to be having more fun than any presidential candidate in modern history. Which, ironically, was supposed to be Jeb Bush’s thing — he was the guy who vowed to run “joyfully,” yet he spent last night in New Hampshire making a low-key, almost half-hearted attack on Trump for not being a conservative. You can barely even hear him in the clip that his team posted. Right around the same time, Trump accused Bush in front of a crowd of reporters of putting his audiences to sleep. And you know, that clip does seem a bit soporific.

Speaking of having fun, do we need to talk about Trump’s photo with the bald eagle for Time magazine? It’s a perfect example of Trump/media symbiosis. I guarantee you, when Time’s editors came up with that idea, they intended it as a goof in the Colbert mold on the idea of Republicans getting googly-eyed over nationalism and its symbols. It’s their sly way of suggesting that Trump is a sort of campier version of Putin, the strong man who’ll tame the country that’s gotten out of control. (Iowahawk imagines Trump as a blend of Qaddafi and Liberace with a little Bernie Sanders thrown in, which is even campier than “campy Putin” would be.) But you can’t shame Trump this way; it’s free publicity even if it’s making a joke at his expense, and some Trump fans will take the image at face value and love him even more for it. He wins and the media wins. That’s the essence of Trump.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/20/trump-wonders-what-if-i-demanded-that-cnn-donate-10-million-to-charity-to-do-their-debate/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:28:43 PM

57% REPUBLICANS BELIEVE TRUMP WILL BE NOMINEE...

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump has captured the public’s attention for better or worse, and his bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, once seen as a pipe dream, is now a topic of serious discussion. So for the near future at least, Rasmussen Reports intends to track Trump’s race for the White House in a weekly Friday feature we’re calling Trump Change.

Our latest national telephone survey finds that 57% of Likely Republican Voters now think Trump is likely to be the Republican presidential nominee next year, with 25% who say it’s Very Likely. That compares to 27% who felt a Trump nomination was likely two months ago when he formally announced his presidential bid, a finding that included just nine percent (9%) who said it was Very Likely.

At that time, Trump ran near the bottom among the 12 declared GOP candidates. Now he leads the pack of Republican hopefuls which has grown to include 17 prominent contenders.

Among all likely voters, 49% think Trump is likely to be the Republican nominee, including 17% who say it’s Very Likely. That compares to 23% and seven percent (7%) respectively in the earlier survey. Forty-eight percent (48%) now say Trump is not likely to win the nomination, with 21% who feel it is Not At All Likely.

Forty-two percent (42%) of Republican voters say Trump is unlikely to be their party’s standard-bearer next year, but that includes just 15% who say it’s Not At All Likely. That’s down from 29% who said a Trump nomination was Not At All Likely two months ago.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_change

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:46:14 PM

57% REPUBLICANS BELIEVE TRUMP WILL BE NOMINEE...

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump has captured the public’s attention for better or worse, and his bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, once seen as a pipe dream, is now a topic of serious discussion. So for the near future at least, Rasmussen Reports intends to track Trump’s race for the White House in a weekly Friday feature we’re calling Trump Change.

Our latest national telephone survey finds that 57% of Likely Republican Voters now think Trump is likely to be the Republican presidential nominee next year, with 25% who say it’s Very Likely. That compares to 27% who felt a Trump nomination was likely two months ago when he formally announced his presidential bid, a finding that included just nine percent (9%) who said it was Very Likely.

At that time, Trump ran near the bottom among the 12 declared GOP candidates. Now he leads the pack of Republican hopefuls which has grown to include 17 prominent contenders.

Among all likely voters, 49% think Trump is likely to be the Republican nominee, including 17% who say it’s Very Likely. That compares to 23% and seven percent (7%) respectively in the earlier survey. Forty-eight percent (48%) now say Trump is not likely to win the nomination, with 21% who feel it is Not At All Likely.

Forty-two percent (42%) of Republican voters say Trump is unlikely to be their party’s standard-bearer next year, but that includes just 15% who say it’s Not At All Likely. That’s down from 29% who said a Trump nomination was Not At All Likely two months ago.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_change

It really doesn't matter what these people think or what surveys show.

If he keeps up the momentum, and has a reasonable and business like approach to issues over time, including producing policy statements on issues, he's going to be the nominee.

What that says is that whether he's the nominee is up to him, not Them.

And we're pretty sick of the Them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AMRbqY6w
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:06:35 PM

The Rasmussen poll was definitely not a surprise. Right now, there are only two GOP primary candidates who are in touch with the grass root party sympathizers: Donald Trump and Rand Paul. So it is no surprise that he is able to get the support from 57% of the Republican voters. And in the coming months, this figure will rise further.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

The Rasmussen poll was definitely not a surprise. Right now, there are only two GOP primary candidates who are in touch with the grass root party sympathizers: Donald Trump and Rand Paul. So it is no surprise that he is able to get the support from 57% of the Republican voters. And in the coming months, this figure will rise further.

You could add Ted Cruz.  But both Cruz and Rand Paul appeal to a limited subgroup of Republicans. 

Trump's appeal as I see it, is very mainstream.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:39:43 AM

If Trump wins, I wonder if he will take part in the new U.S. government sponsored 9/11 to get us to go to war with North Korea again?

Smiley

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:56:54 AM

You could add Ted Cruz.  But both Cruz and Rand Paul appeal to a limited subgroup of Republicans. 

Trump's appeal as I see it, is very mainstream.

I doubt whether Trump is "mainstream". The establishment republicans (especially Jeb Bush and Ben Carson) hates him, and they would like to paint him as a fringe element. He does not have much support among the Republican leadership. Paul and Cruz are definitely not mainstream. They are diametrically opposite to the Establishment lobby.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: