Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572435 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

You could add Ted Cruz.  But both Cruz and Rand Paul appeal to a limited subgroup of Republicans. 

Trump's appeal as I see it, is very mainstream.

I doubt whether Trump is "mainstream". The establishment republicans (especially Jeb Bush and Ben Carson) hates him, and they would like to paint him as a fringe element. He does not have much support among the Republican leadership. Paul and Cruz are definitely not mainstream. They are diametrically opposite to the Establishment lobby.
It doesn't matter if they "would like to paint him as fringe" etc.  He is mainstream in his thoughts and behavior.  Doesn't matter who hates him, of course the others who compete with him for presidency would "hate him."
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:38:17 AM

Jeb Bush Trashes Trump In Spanish TV Interview – Promises Amnesty

Noting the strong “Hispanic influence” in his family, GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush vowed that, if elected, he’d enact the comprehensive immigration reform that President Barack Obama promised, but failed, to achieve.

In a nearly half-hour interview with Telemundo Monday, a portion of which was aired on MSNBC, Bush, speaking entirely in Spanish, also told anchor Jose Diaz-Balart that he was “hurt” by GOP presidential primary rival Donald Trump’s comments about illegal immigrants from Mexico.

“I was hurt hearing somebody speaking in such a vulgar fashion,” he said. “This makes the solving of this problem much more difficult when we have politicians talking like that.

“Besides that, he was offending millions of people that are here legally. It makes no sense. In a political sense, it’s bad and it creates an environment that is worse. … And I believe it’s important that I as a candidate offer a more optimistic version than Trump’s negativeness.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/jeb-bush-donald-trump-spanish-interview/2015/07/27/id/659178/

--------------------------------------------------------

Alternate parallel universe on earth 2: "Mexican Presidential Candidate Trashes Contender Who's Against Illegal Yankee immigration, In English"

To be Honest Mr.Trump would be a bad president because his first name is Donald. Deez Nuts should win presidency because the other picks are dweeblords. I also don't think he should be president because I watched him on his T.V show and he seems too mean to be the president of the U.S.A.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:33:24 AM

Noting the strong “Hispanic influence” in his family, GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush vowed that, if elected, he’d enact the comprehensive immigration reform that President Barack Obama promised, but failed, to achieve.

In a nearly half-hour interview with Telemundo Monday, a portion of which was aired on MSNBC, Bush, speaking entirely in Spanish, also told anchor Jose Diaz-Balart that he was “hurt” by GOP presidential primary rival Donald Trump’s comments about illegal immigrants from Mexico.

“I was hurt hearing somebody speaking in such a vulgar fashion,” he said. “This makes the solving of this problem much more difficult when we have politicians talking like that.

“Besides that, he was offending millions of people that are here legally. It makes no sense. In a political sense, it’s bad and it creates an environment that is worse. … And I believe it’s important that I as a candidate offer a more optimistic version than Trump’s negativeness.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/jeb-bush-donald-trump-spanish-interview/2015/07/27/id/659178/

Alternate parallel universe on earth 2: "Mexican Presidential Candidate Trashes Contender Who's Against Illegal Yankee immigration, In English"

To be Honest Mr.Trump would be a bad president because his first name is Donald. Deez Nuts should win presidency because the other picks are dweeblords. I also don't think he should be president because I watched him on his T.V show and he seems too mean to be the president of the U.S.A.

0bama Drones are less mean?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159367.0

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:54:18 AM

The Hispanic newspapers of Texas and Los Angeles I read don't seem to be full of hate for Trump.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:42:55 AM

Mr. Trump's 757 (A.K.A. The Anti PC Drone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq3iCn2y74

Cheesy

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:18:29 PM

Why Donald Trump Won’t Fold: Polls and People Speak

In the command centers of Republican presidential campaigns, aides have drawn comfort from the belief that Donald J. Trump’s dominance in the polls is a political summer fling, like Herman Cain in 2011 — an unsustainable boomlet dependent on megawatt celebrity, narrow appeal and unreliable surveys of Americans with a spotty record of actually voting in primaries.

A growing body of evidence suggests that may be wishful thinking.

A review of public polling, extensive interviews with a host of his supporters in two states and a new private survey that tracks voting records all point to the conclusion that Mr. Trump has built a broad, demographically and ideologically diverse coalition, constructed around personality, not substance, that bridges demographic and political divides. In doing so, he has effectively insulated himself from the consequences of startling statements that might instantly doom rival candidates.

In poll after poll of Republicans, Mr. Trump leads among women, despite having used terms like “fat pigs” and “disgusting animals” to denigrate some of them. He leads among evangelical Christians, despite saying he had never had a reason to ask God for forgiveness. He leads among moderates and college-educated voters, despite a populist and anti-immigrant message thought to resonate most with conservatives and less-affluent voters. He leads among the most frequent, likely voters, even though his appeal is greatest among those with little history of voting.

The unusual character of Mr. Trump’s coalition by no means guarantees his campaign will survive until next year’s primaries, let alone beyond. The diversity of his coalition could even be its undoing, if his previous support for liberal policies and donations to Democrats, for example, undermine his support among conservatives. And in the end, the polling suggests, Mr. Trump will run into a wall: Most Republicans do not support his candidacy and seem unlikely ever to do so. Even now, more say they definitely would not vote for him than say they support him.

But the breadth of Mr. Trump’s coalition is surprising at a time of religious, ideological and geographic divisions in the Republican Party. It suggests he has the potential to outdo the flash-in-the-pan candidacies that roiled the last few Republican nominating contests. And it hints at the problem facing his competitors and the growing pressure on them to confront him, as several, like Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, are starting to do.

His support is not tethered to a single issue or sentiment: immigration, economic anxiety or an anti-establishment mood. Those factors may have created conditions for his candidacy to thrive, but his personality, celebrity and boldness, not merely his populism and policy stances, have let him take advantage of them.

Tellingly, when asked to explain support for Mr. Trump in their own words, voters of varying backgrounds used much the same language, calling him “ballsy” and saying they admired that he “tells it like it is” and relished how he “isn’t politically correct.”

For voters like Jan Mannarino, a 65-year-old retired teacher who drove an hour from her home in Green Oak Township, Mich., to see Mr. Trump this month, his defiance of political norms is his single greatest virtue.

“Even if he doesn’t win, he’s teaching other politicians to stop being politicians,” Ms. Mannarino said. “He comes on strong. He could say it gently. But I think no one would listen.”

When people talk about the qualities Mr. Trump would bring to the White House, they describe the raging, merciless executive who fired people for sport on television. Some mention trips to his golf courses, which they admiringly note are impeccably run. A common refrain: “He’s a person who gets things done.”

That he has no experience in government is not a liability, many say, but rather one of the main reasons they want him in Washington.

“We don’t need a politician for president; we need a businessman,” said Tom Krzyminski, 66, a hairstylist from Bay City, Mich. “That’s what we need to get us out of the mess we’re in.”

A New York Times review of nine nonpartisan national polls and more public surveys in the early nominating states shows that, thus far, Mr. Trump is outperforming his Republican rivals with constituencies they were widely expected to dominate.

For example, he leads Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a hero to fiscal conservatives, among Tea Party supporters, 26 percent to 13 percent, according to averages of the last nine national polls. He leads former Gov. Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, a former preacher, among evangelicals, 21 percent to 12 percent. And he is ahead of Mr. Bush, the former Florida governor and a favorite of mainstream donors, among moderate Republicans, 22 percent to 16 percent.

National polls, and both public and partisan pollsters, have struggled to unravel the precise sources of Mr. Trump’s support, leaving many to ascribe it to anger and angst in the Republican electorate. But interviews with voters highlight the degree to which his popularity hinges on personality — and offer an answer to an enduring mystery: Why haven’t Mr. Trump’s outrageous statements, his lack of loyalty to the Republican Party and his caustic attacks on rivals hurt his standing?

His most offensive utterances have, for many Republicans, confirmed his status as a unique outsider willing to challenge conventions, and satisfied a craving for plain-spoken directness.

Asked if Mr. Trump had crossed a line with his language, Carl Tomanelli, 68, a retired New York City police officer in Londonderry, N.H., seemed surprised by the question.

“People are starting to see, I believe, that all this political correctness is garbage,” he said. “I think he’s echoing what a lot of people feel and say.”

Many say they support Mr. Trump because of his unusual statements, not in spite of them.

Lisa Carey, 51, of Greenfield, N.H., immediately cited Mr. Trump’s outspokenness when asked why his support remains so high.

“As inappropriate as some of his comments are, I think it’s stuff that a lot of people are thinking but afraid to say,” she said. “And I’m a woman.”

Asked if they think his brashness would make it more difficult for him to work effectively as president, many voters argue the opposite.

“I want people who are negotiating with him to believe my president when he says he’s going to do something,” said Lori Szostkiewicz, 54, an educator from Hampstead, N.H. “I want to negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness.”

In interviews with voters in Michigan and New Hampshire over the past two weeks, after events hosted by Mr. Trump, none cited his policies as chief motivation for backing him. Many pointed, instead, to his wealth, saying they believed it set him apart from career politicians and freed him of the demands of donors.

“He doesn’t need anybody’s money,” said Maureen Colcord, 60, a clinical dietitian from Derry.

Even as dozens of national and state polls have charted Mr. Trump’s steady ascent, Republican campaigns have taken solace in their conviction that those surveys are flawed and misleading. In interviews, campaign pollsters argue that such polls, conducted largely by media organizations and universities, rely on feedback from many Republicans who are unlikely to vote because the polls do not verify the party registration or voting history of respondents — a fact that those conducting the surveys concede.

New data provided to The Times by Civis Analytics, a firm aligned with Democrats and founded by the former chief analytics officer of the Obama re-election campaign, shows that there is merit to those concerns, but not enough to call Mr. Trump’s lead into question. Curious about the Republican primary landscape, the firm decided to see what it could learn from its own survey, at first for internal research purposes.

Unlike most public polls, Civis’s relied on a list of registered voters that included their voting histories, allowing it to measure Mr. Trump’s support among those who regularly cast ballots in primary elections.

The survey, which was conducted on landlines Aug. 10 through Wednesday and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points, showed Mr. Trump’s support at 16 percent among registered voters who identified as Republicans. That tally is less than any public poll in more than a month, but still more than any other candidate. Ben Carson was at 11 percent, and Mr. Bush at 10 percent.

A poll weighted to reflect the characteristics of the adult population, like most conducted for national media organizations, would have shown Mr. Trump faring some two points better than the Civis data, which was adjusted to reflect the characteristics of registered voters who identify as Republicans. The survey included 757 Republican-leaning respondents, considerably more than other polls of the Republican presidential field.

“In reality his real support is less than what we see in the polling today,” said Masahiko Aida, lead survey scientist for Civis.

The Civis poll also hinted at a potential problem for Mr. Trump: states that allow only registered Republicans to participate in nominating contests, including Iowa and Nevada. He was at 14 percent among registered Republicans in the states with party registration, compared to 18 percent of the voters who were unaffiliated with a party.

As expected, Mr. Trump performed best among less-frequent voters. He had the support of 22 percent of Republican-leaning adults who did not vote in the 2012 general election. But he still held an edge, with 15 percent, among registered Republicans who had voted in a primary since 2008.

“Whether the person voted in two or eight or 12 elections, Trump leads,” Mr. Aida said.

His falloff in support when infrequent voters were sifted out was not unique: Support for some of Mr. Trump’s rivals, including Mr. Bush and Mr. Carson, declined by similar amounts, or even more, among the most frequent voters, Civis found.

Mr. Trump’s strength among less-frequent voters is a challenge for his campaign, which may lack the organizing experience and infrastructure to motivate them and turn them out in large numbers for a primary or caucus.

But those irregular voters, like Norman Kas-mikha, 41, a grocer from Shelby Township, Mich., represent a real opportunity for the Republican Party, which is determined to retake the White House in 2016 after losing the last two campaigns.

“Right now I don’t have a second choice,” Mr. Kas-mikha said. “They all blend in to me. It’s Donald Trump — and everyone else.”

“My second choice,” he added, “might be staying at home.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/us/politics/why-donald-trump-wont-fold-polls-and-people-speak.html?_r=0

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:24:00 AM

George Stephanopoulos GRILLS Donald Trump On Specifics Of Immigration Plan This Week Abc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=imcos5xVPFg

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:13:23 PM

A new unit is born: The Donald Trump

http://freebeacon.com/issues/stock-market-loses-more-than-1-trillion-in-value-since-sell-off-began/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:26:09 PM

Published on Jun 20, 2015
Jorge Ramos argues that Mexico should have full access to America while other countries should not. Ramos says emptying a quarter of Mexico into the United States helps America to be diverse. Ann corrects Ramos by explaining that diversity means a mixture of cultures, not just Mexican.

Ann explains that Democrats are bringing in these deficient cultures purely to keep power, that is by taking the money from hard-working Americans and GIVING it to illegal immigrants for Democrat votes. I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypsw6cE8IUs

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:28:41 PM

Donald Trump: If I Was President I'd Buy the Chinese President McDonalds and Sit Down to Work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y802glHlJW0

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:54:32 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/23/donald-trumps-immigration-comments-dont-seem-to-be-hurting-republicans-yet/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:17:04 PM

How Trump plans to turn gawkers into hardcore supporters

DUBUQUE, Iowa

Thousands of people are expected to stream into an events center here on the banks of the Mississippi River on Tuesday to see Donald Trump. When they do, his presidential campaign will be waiting, looking to convert casual gawkers into hardcore supporters who will cast votes for the billionaire presidential candidate in the Iowa caucuses next year…

When those voters enter the Grand River Center on Tuesday evening, they will immediately be diverted to tables where Trump’s staff will recruit them to be county precinct captains, organizers, and volunteers. It’s a huge competitive advantage in a presidential race where other Republican candidates at times struggle to attract crowds in the hundreds.

It’s another reason, beyond strong poll numbers, why Trump’s candidacy is being viewed with increasing seriousness both inside and outside Iowa, which holds one of the earliest nominating contests in 2016.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Chuck Laudner, Trump’s top organizer in Iowa, as he walked the event space with Reuters days prior to the event. “He’s drawing crowds that most candidates only get in the weeks before the general election.”

Laudner talks like a man who, after years of fighting the political wars in Iowa with a cap gun, has been handed a shoulder-fired missile launcher.

In the 2012 election, Laudner drove his pickup truck to every county in the state on behalf of Republican candidate Rick Santorum, who was running a shoestring operation. Santorum ended up pulling off a shocking first-place finish in the caucuses.

Skeptics say Trump will fade once voters turn serious about choosing a president come autumn and doubt he has the patience and fortitude to build a grassroots machine not just here but across the country.

Celebrity hasn't translated into results in past campaigns here. In the 2008 race, Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson, both of whom enjoyed high name recognition, were riding high in summer polls. By the time the caucuses rolled around in January, both had fizzled.

WARPING THE RULES

But Trump’s star power and personal fortune has warped the traditional rules that govern campaigning in the state, upending the retail politics that Iowa is known for. When Trump landed his helicopter earlier this month at the Iowa State Fair, he was mobbed by a crowd in the thousands. Last week, he almost filled a sports stadium in Mobile, Alabama.

“His reach is just so far beyond what the rest of these guys can do combined,” Laudner said, referring to Trump's opponents. “It’s all new territory.”

Recent winners of the Iowa caucuses have either been campaigns with large resources and strong organizations, such as George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004, or conservatives who appeal to the evangelicals in the state, such as Santorum and Mike Huckabee, who won in 2008.

Trump, like Bush, could have the potential to outspend his rivals here while also appealing to the influential right-wing. His best-funded challenger here, Jeb Bush, is unpopular with those voters.

Other businessmen-turned-politicians such as Ross Perot were able to leverage their personas to develop cult followings but were largely disinterested in the dirty day-to-day work of modern campaigns. Trump, instead, appears poised to use his wealth to build a credible ground organization here, starting with the well-respected Laudner.

“Chuck Laudner is a deity among conservative activists," said an Iowa Republican consultant who asked not be named because he supports a rival candidate. "Chuck is somebody who values grassroots mobilization. This is a guy who eats and breathes organizational structure."

ALL ABOARD THE TRUMP BUS

Trump has 10 paid staff members in the state and likely will be adding more. One recent innovation has been to send a large tour bus emblazoned with the Trump logo from town to town. It has become its own curiosity, drawing crowds even though just a staffer or two, not Trump, are aboard. The bus even has its own Facebook page.

“It’s not the kind of vehicle Mr. Trump would ride through Iowa in, and these folks know that,” said John Hulsizer, Trump’s coordinator for the northeast part of the state. “But the Trump bus is now acting as a surrogate for Mr. Trump. It’s amazing to see 100 or 150 people come out."

The bus has become another surefire way to make contact with potential voters. “People are just handing over information left and right in order to get signed up so they can go to caucus for Mr. Trump,” Hulsizer said.

And Trump's staff is committed to traveling the state on behalf of the candidate, he said. "We want to make sure we hit every county in the state of Iowa."

Trump’s campaign hopes to do what has been a long-held goal of politicians in Iowa: bring new voters into the caucus process. Despite the relentless coverage the contest receives here, about only 120,000 Republicans participated in 2012, 20 percent of the registered Republicans in the state.

Laudner and Hulsizer believe Trump could be the candidate to convince so-called Reagan Democrats - blue-collar union voters - to register as Republicans just to vote for him. Trump has made the loss of manufacturing jobs overseas central to his campaign. “Union guys have a friend in Trump,” Laudner said.

Dubuque features a high concentration of those voters. It’s also seen as the base of support in the state for Scott Walker, the governor of nearby Wisconsin, whose presidential poll numbers in Iowa have been tumbling.

“This is not by accident,” said the Republican consultant. “Trump is smart to go in there.”

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/25/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN0QU0CH20150825

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:44:53 PM

August 25, 2015

Trump Way Ahead in New Hampshire; Sanders Leads Clinton

Raleigh, N.C. – PPP's new New Hampshire poll finds Donald Trump in the strongest
position of any poll we've done anywhere since he entered the race. Trump laps the
Republican field with 35% to 11% for John Kasich, 10% for Carly Fiorina, 7% each for
Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, 6% for Ben Carson, 4% each for Chris Christie, Ted Cruz,
and Marco Rubio, and 3% for Rand Paul. Candidates falling outside the top ten in the
state are Rick Perry at 2%, Lindsey Graham, George Pataki, and Rick Santorum at 1%,
and Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, and Bobby Jindal all at less than 1%. Everyone does
have at least one supporter on this poll.

“This is by far the best we’ve found Donald Trump doing anywhere during his entire
surge,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “If anything he just seems
to be getting stronger as the campaign rolls on.”

The candidate who's made the most cataclysmic drop is Walker- he's gone from leading
at 24% all the way down to 7% in this newest poll. Three other candidates who've seen
dramatic decreases in their support are Cruz, Huckabee, and Paul. Cruz's 10 point drop
from 14% to 4% is a little bit misleading. When we last polled the state he was still
enjoying the bump he received following his candidacy announcement. It's worse news
for Paul- he's declined 8 points from 12% to 4% but more notably he's seen a major blow
to his image. In April he had a +29 net favorability rating at 54/25. That's now dropped a
remarkable 44 points to a -15 spread at 34/49. We've found Paul under water all four
places we've polled since the Republican debate. It's a similarly bad story for Huckabeehe's
dropped from 7% to less than 1% and he's also seen his favorability go from +16 at
48/32 to -7 at 34/41. For Paul and Huckabee it's not just that other candidates are passing
them by- they are becoming increasingly unpopular themselves.

Trump's advantage over the Republican field is thorough. He leads with Tea Party voters
(44%), men (39%), independents (36%), conservatives (36%), voters who are most
concerned about electability (35%), both younger voters and seniors (at 34% with each),
evangelicals (32%), women (30%), and moderates (29%). Trump has a 56/32 favorability
rating and he also leads when you match him with the other Republican hopefuls head to
head- it's 47/39 over Ben Carson, 53/35 over Scott Walker, 53/34 over Marco Rubio, and
56/33 over Jeb Bush.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NH_82515.pdf

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:45:48 PM

Barbara Bush Agrees With Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukhPyRIDiV4

Smiley

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:47:49 PM

Sure does seem like the media or their masters want to this to be a Trump vs. Bush primary fight w/ the others being just fillers to cloud out the real anti-establishment candidate of Rand Paul. Fox just aired a press conference that Trump had in IA tonight and while he does pretty well in this format, he's weak on so many of the issues in terms of being from a liberty prospective. I'd like to believe that he's this rich guy that wants to make the US rich and great again all the while not being bought by special interests like he says but I'm not buying that. Lastly, we don't need an egomaniac in charge of a large military during desperate times.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:09:52 AM

Trump vs. Jorge Ramos on Birthright Citizenship, Wall, Deportation: "We're Going To Start With The Gangs"

Univision anchor Jorge Ramos took on Donald Trump at a press conference held by the Republican presidential candidate in Dubuque, Iowa on Tuesday evening. The two went head to head for five minutes over birthright citizenship, how Trump would build a wall, how he would deport illegal immigrants and more. Trump fought back against Ramos and attempted to get him to acknowledge crime committed by illegal immigrants.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/25/trump_vs_jorge_ramos_on_birthright_citizenship_wall_building_a_building_thats_95_stories_tall_more_difficult.html

Video of exchange at link and is part of the press conference I eluded to above. It's a pretty good back and forth and the worm's tactics make you want to side w/ The Donald outside of the issue itself.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:19:10 AM

Trump vs. Jorge Ramos on Birthright Citizenship, Wall, Deportation: "We're Going To Start With The Gangs"

Univision anchor Jorge Ramos took on Donald Trump at a press conference held by the Republican presidential candidate in Dubuque, Iowa on Tuesday evening. The two went head to head for five minutes over birthright citizenship, how Trump would build a wall, how he would deport illegal immigrants and more. Trump fought back against Ramos and attempted to get him to acknowledge crime committed by illegal immigrants.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/25/trump_vs_jorge_ramos_on_birthright_citizenship_wall_building_a_building_thats_95_stories_tall_more_difficult.html

Video of exchange at link and is part of the press conference I eluded to above. It's a pretty good back and forth and the worm's tactics make you want to side w/ The Donald outside of the issue itself.

Did you say worm?

https://twitter.com/CBSNLive/status/636309832572669952

Smiley

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:45:20 AM

I think that Trump is the man. He is not afraid to speak up. He is rich himself so he won't be enticed by any lobbyists. And he speak the truth. Political correctness is a disease.
America should wake up from that nightmare, start telling people what it is, you are not offending anyone if you TELL IT LIKE IT IS.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:52:29 AM

http://www.oann.com/trump-breaks-new-ceiling-in-national-gop-poll/?utm_source=Copy+of+National+poll+2&utm_campaign=natonaolnnn&utm_medium=email

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:07:44 AM

Sure does seem like the media or their masters want to this to be a Trump vs. Bush primary fight w/ the others being just fillers to cloud out the real anti-establishment candidate of Rand Paul. Fox just aired a press conference that Trump had in IA tonight and while he does pretty well in this format, he's weak on so many of the issues in terms of being from a liberty prospective. I'd like to believe that he's this rich guy that wants to make the US rich and great again all the while not being bought by special interests like he says but I'm not buying that. Lastly, we don't need an egomaniac in charge of a large military during desperate times.
You mean, we don't need Obama in char....

Fuck, these are crazy times, aren't they?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: