Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 05:28:19 AM

I never seen sooomany crybabies on a forum before......

I bet he ordered one after he posted the OP
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WilliamH

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:35:52 PM

This thread seems to be rather interesting. Any time there is money to be made, there will be great speculation. The company in question has delivered units as they stated they would. My personal dealings with them has left me to write the following concerning how they handled me as a customer. I know that what I have to say will have very little merit to some of you, but please know, I wrote this because I was treated well by them. The thread starter may have had a bad experience with them or may have ordered himself 20 or more units, who knows. The main point is he has a reason, though I think it may not be to protect people.

On a side note, really consider if they did keep the technology and just mine what that would do. I am sure it was considered by BFL...

They would control most the BTC and in turn less people would have it and less people would use it, it is actually illogical and self defeating. Through selling it they still gain a lot of BTC through payments, as well as standard currency to pay the bills. By the end of the arms race they will probably fare better statistically than if they had kept the technology and mined themselves with it. Like many people are aware the release of this negates a lot of previous tech in mining. Essentially if you do not get some pretty serious power now, you will be unable to keep up with difficulty, there will be a lot of BTC folding back into maintaining speed, and by selling and accepting BTC or currency, it seems most likely they will fair far better.

If BFL was to keep the tech and dominate bit-coining, and no one else could keep up, and what average miners mined was nearly nothing in comparison to BFL, bitcoins would be in serious jeopardy of loss of interest in the system could occur. Through this strategical move by butterfly, the company will still make excellent profits and not destroy the coin in the process. They may make a lower BTC number but a much higher BTC value, in that they did not destroy the currency to obtain it.

I do not work for that company, my location is in Washington, and my personal business is internet game creation. The points and opinions expressed here are my own from my own experiences with BFL. If you get some free time you are welcome to come on my online game and help me alpha phase develop it! I could use some testers.

Admin death / Mobildeath@gmail.com / My website is : http://www.terrasilenti.com/  (That site's hosting location is my home, validating my location as Washington state) Not BFL HQ lol.

Here is my BFL summary from how customer service treated me   

Playing by the rules, doing the right thing is of the utmost importance. This often times causes situations that are much harder to deal with or endure, as well more expensive. Understanding that when we buy from a company we advocate for them, through the purchase from them, we as consumers empower them to grow and proceed. It is critical that we ensure the company is something we wish to support. Though we many not always be able to do this, nor is it always possible to gain the required information, we should still try. As Americans we really need to, especially now after all we have learned from history, investigate who it is we purchase from.

Purchasing from companies that harm our workers, only harm ourselves. Supporting Wal*Mart and thousands of unhappy people working at those locations, while destroying our own economy and infrastructure is irrational. Dealing with major banks that have bad histories is another bad idea, and supporting any structure of power that does not value humanity at it's core is something I can not and will not do.

The importance is people realizing that business is to support people, and that it in it's self is a fabrication in reality and has no feelings, if it's interest is not to support people than surely it will only harm society as a whole so a few can become super inflated. I am not so disassociated with reality to think that those who have worked so hard as to earn a sweet spot do not deserve it, no sir. Merely stating that in the game of chess, both kings present are very honorable, and every piece was willing to protect them at all cost. Few companies carry compassion, honor and dignity within their model. The standards displayed by the staff at Butterfly Labs Inc, is exemplary of how a true business treats people. This (King) in modern society equates to an honorable business, whom one would want to empower and support, and thus purchase from.

I can now explain better what has happened. I contacted BFL and (assumed) competition companies, I constructed e-mails to each, much like what BFL received from me. I picked a horrible overrun time when not only is product supply low but customer service staff would be having the most difficult time dealing with unruly customers. I picked an ambitious easily discarded set of criteria to contact about and let the pieces fall where they may. Here is how it played out, and why BFL gained so much clout.

No company replied to me except BFL, not one. Granted there are only a few that can be contacted in this case. The few are very commonly known and are not easily mistaken, and the names will remain obscured for ONLY the sake that everyone makes mistakes. The information given was legitimate and NOT FABRICATED, the texts generated were by my own person.

BFL not only assisted me with finding what I was looking for, but went above and beyond the call of duty! The staff seemed happy and willing to help me, even when they really had no such obligation to such a situation I presented them with. It is in my personal opinion and within my observational reason to say that Butterfly Labs is not only a company that does care about it's customers, but one that cares about it's employees as well.

This information has been sent to the BBB © 2012 BBB of Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington (In the form of business compliment)
http://alaskaoregonwesternwashington.bbb.org/
   If at any time BFL would like to use my information gained in correspondence with me they are allowed to do so as they see fit.

If this article is to be disputed, I will send an entire e-mail based transaction log to a forum administrator only, whom many personally observe the conversations and appraise them. They will be capable of then ratifying my claims or disputing them, but I will ask that my personal information within them is not shared. An admin may contact me for this.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:51:37 PM

What personal information should not be shared, William Hughes of Silverlake, WA?
WilliamH

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:27:21 PM

What personal information should not be shared, William Hughes of Silverlake, WA?

Pretty presumptuous. That's a technical spoof, by me to keep people like you, from being able to find me if I don't want you to.

My actual address is in kelso washington. And that is not the type of information I was saying was personal. Merely my conversation with the staff at BFL is not of my rights to plow all over forums, so that is why it is stated as such.

Please don't come at me man... I didn't do anything wrong, part of me wants to be annoyed with what you tried to pull and another part just makes me feel bad for you :/

psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:35:17 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2012, 11:14:19 PM by psilan

If this article is to be disputed, I will send an entire e-mail based transaction log to a forum administrator only, whom many personally observe the conversations and appraise them. They will be capable of then ratifying my claims or disputing them, but I will ask that my personal information within them is not shared. An admin may contact me for this.

Who would bother disputing any of this?
Bad attempt at an intelligent post.

Edit: I should add that BFLs customer service is good. It WAS horrible. Responses are quick from the forums now, and Josh is rather honest on there about progress, to a point I think bASIC might beat them to release.
bASIC customer service is amazing considering it is just one person. Response times for me are similar to what I see on the BFL forums.

dip
WilliamH

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:52:16 PM

Edit: I should add that BFLs customer service is good. It WAS horrible. Responses are quick from the forums now, and Josh is rather honest on there about progress, to a point I think bASIC might beat them to release.
bASIC customer service is amazing considering it is just one person. Response times for me are similar to what I see on the BFL forums.

Not everyone cares to dispute carried word, most people will take what others say as fact if they have no contradictory knowledge. The notation is simply there as reference, as I am new to these forums and have no reputation of my own. Typically forum groups become fluent in social friends and foes, sub-circles within form and some users are even plain hated. As a new user, typically no one trust or cares what you have to say, unless you can validate it or cite it much as you would any reputable article.
   My attempt may be bad in your understanding, and you may be someone who takes everything at face value, however some people choose to be more analytical and demand some form of proofing especially from an unheard of source. This is very common in academia and post high school learned individuals. I still don't get why everyone on this forum wants to attempt to argue with one another over pointlessness however I have facilitated to a degree and digress.
   bASIC was one of the companies in my survey and they did not reply within a reasonable week time frame, one full business week. The name was negated to not distrub them, however since you mentioned them I will. to this day they have not sent back at all, though the email was as I stated easily taken as a scrap that could be negated. That is where the care of the customer is appraised, how small the value is to the business.

Take care and I doubt honestly bASIC will, even if they do, they are too small to really handle the demand of this market. Not saying that is a bad thing at all, however when considering the possible failure of newer tech, we should consider that a less capitol acquired company may not be able to return our losses if they make a design mistake!
psilan

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:00:22 AM

Not everyone cares to dispute carried word, most people will take what others say as fact if they have no contradictory knowledge. The notation is simply there as reference, as I am new to these forums and have no reputation of my own. Typically forum groups become fluent in social friends and foes, sub-circles within form and some users are even plain hated. As a new user, typically no one trust or cares what you have to say, unless you can validate it or cite it much as you would any reputable article.
   My attempt may be bad in your understanding, and you may be someone who takes everything at face value, however some people choose to be more analytical and demand some form of proofing especially from an unheard of source. This is very common in academia and post high school learned individuals. I still don't get why everyone on this forum wants to attempt to argue with one another over pointlessness however I have facilitated to a degree and digress.
   bASIC was one of the companies in my survey and they did not reply within a reasonable week time frame, one full business week. The name was negated to not distrub them, however since you mentioned them I will. to this day they have not sent back at all, though the email was as I stated easily taken as a scrap that could be negated. That is where the care of the customer is appraised, how small the value is to the business.

Take care and I doubt honestly bASIC will, even if they do, they are too small to really handle the demand of this market. Not saying that is a bad thing at all, however when considering the possible failure of newer tech, we should consider that a less capitol acquired company may not be able to return our losses if they make a design mistake!

I think you need to read up on the history of all the manufacturers present here. You are taking things at face value.
Or maybe just go back to your psy101 class. :>

dip
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:23:26 AM

WilliamH, what is your agenda and why are you so hard to follow?
psilan

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

I have a question for WilliamH too.

If there is a race. The race finishes and there is a winner. What do you call the person that came last? The _ _ _ _ _ _?

dip
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:26:42 AM

I think you need to read up on the history of all the manufacturers present here. You are taking things at face value.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29117618.jpg

I'm not trying to be a jerk or rude to you, nor did I come at you with such a desire. I'm sorry if I hurt your pride while defending myself, honestly and with regret. If you have data to prove your claims, I would be interested in reading it. Please post if possible what information has brought you to the conclusion sub quoted below.

As for psych, I have never taken any such classes nor will I. I simply take programming and computer science classes, displaying a general understanding about how things work is not a bad thing.
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:29:58 AM

WilliamH, what is your agenda and why are you so hard to follow?

Clearly to plug a company that has treated me well, where they could probably use some help. When someone treats you well, do you not return the same? that is all. Had they treated me poorly I would have much the same goal in mind, to inform people. Take care
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:34:37 AM

I have a question for WilliamH too.

If there is a race. The race finishes and there is a winner. What do you call the person that came last? The _ _ _ _ _ _?

I will guess this is in rebuttal to the first paragraphs of my initial post. Rather than trying to entrap me into answering a question that is improperly framed, why not be logical about it.

State the question as such. If someone brings a car to a race that is far far superior to all the other cars intended to race against it, and it is more than just assumed it will win but more like a scientific fact and a promised outcome, then who would race and bet money on the race. No one would race, no one would bet because there would be no race.

The point being that there is no race and thus no interest in even dealing with bitcoins in general if the company just mined with the tech. Please try to understand what my post is actually saying.
psilan

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

I'm not trying to be a jerk or rude to you, nor did I come at you with such a desire. I'm sorry if I hurt your pride while defending myself, honestly and with regret. If you have data to prove your claims, I would be interested in reading it. Please post if possible what information has brought you to the conclusion sub quoted below.

As for psych, I have never taken any such classes nor will I. I simply take programming and computer science classes, displaying a general understanding about how things work is not a bad thing.

My data and claims? Defending yourself? What on earth are you talking about?

You send out 3-4 emails and called it a survey. That is just ridiculous.
You need to go through the forums, Custom Hardware to be specific. Find the threads started by the ASIC makers, and read them.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do, but your 'survey' isn't going to convince anybody to do anything at all. You are a very confusing and odd person.

To back up my claims of calling you odd;

Quote from: WilliamH
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php/32-BFL-Integrity-Survey#comments
Just a bunch of personal information, like where I live and go to college, things I a grateful for and so forth.

That was the content of your emails? Was the CSR at BFL bored and decided to read it? Did Tom and nghang label is as spam like they should have?

dip
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:38:39 AM

As a customer I expect to be treated well by any company. So to answer your question, no, I normally do not return favors by praising a company in public if they treat me as I would expect. If the opposite is true, I do publicly speak about it in order to warn other customers.

Certainly would I not register to a forum just for the purpose of telling everyone that I was treated as should be expected. Your behavior is odd and that makes me think you have an agenda.
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:48:30 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2012, 01:05:15 AM by WilliamH

As a customer I expect to be treated well by any company. So to answer your question, no, I normally do not return favors by praising a company in public if they treat me as I would expect. If the opposite is true, I do publicly speak about it in order to warn other customers.

Certainly would I not register to a forum just for the purpose of telling everyone that I was treated as should be expected. Your behavior is odd and that makes me think you have an agenda.

Fair assessment, on all accounts. Though the assumption everyone thinks as you do is a bit unfair, perhaps I am used to being treated poorly and have had many bad experiences with companies. I wanted to register here anyways and just had not yet, as I am rather new to the entire bitcoin community. I was willing as I stated in my main post to offer some validation of my claims to an admin for personal review, that is the extent of what verification I am willing to provide, though more than enough.
   Had you actually read my post you would see that I highly value collaboration and feel that we all need to be more aware of where we shop from. Communicating a good action or a bad action is something I personally value. I may be naive in my assumption everyone has such values, as well you may be naive to the fact that not everyone is motivated by only personal gain. Consider after reading the first few paragraphs of what I originally posted, how I personally conduct my interactions with companies. Thank you.

psilan

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:55:56 AM

Fair assessment, on all accounts. Though the assumption everyone thinks as you do is a bit unfair, perhaps I am used to being treated poorly and have had many bad experiences with companies. I wanted to register here anyways and just had not yet, as I am rather new to the entire bitcoin community. I was willing as I stated in my main post to offer some validation of my claims to an admin for personal review, that is the extent of what verification I am willing to provide, though more than enough.

You automatically assume nobody believes you that BFL answered an email containing your life story, and Tom and nzghang (I know I am spelling that wrong...) didn't reply at all. An admin will not waste their time. It is totally believable. I BELIEVE YOU. It just has no meaning to anybody other than yourself. You played the victim before you clicked post.

Are you going to promote something here soon?

You still didn't answer my question! Tongue

dip
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:56:35 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29117618.jpg

My data and claims? Defending yourself? What on earth are you talking about?

You send out 3-4 emails and called it a survey. That is just ridiculous.
You need to go through the forums, Custom Hardware to be specific. Find the threads started by the ASIC makers, and read them.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do, but your 'survey' isn't going to convince anybody to do anything at all. You are a very confusing and odd person.

To back up my claims of calling you odd;

Quote from: WilliamH
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php/32-BFL-Integrity-Survey#comments
Just a bunch of personal information, like where I live and go to college, things I a grateful for and so forth.

That was the content of your emails? Was the CSR at BFL bored and decided to read it? Did Tom and nghang label is as spam like they should have?

I'm trying to understand why you insist at attacking me, however it does not matter really, my intent is still good. Lets first understand the meaning of a survey as I conducted it.

2. To inspect carefully; scrutinize: "Two women were surveying the other people on the platform" (Thomas Wolfe). See Synonyms at see

A simple observation is a classification, as I performed. I'm not sorry that this offends you. Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:00:44 AM

Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.

lol, it looks like we can learn a lot from you here (honestly). Welcome.
WilliamH

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:06:54 AM

Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.

lol, it looks like we can learn a lot from you here (honestly). Welcome.

Thank you sir, honestly, you managed a smile from a distressed face Smiley
psilan

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:08:06 AM

Don't worry, I have never been offended. You can sleep easy tonight.
There is also no attack, so you can relax. I had no idea this had made you distressed (seeing your reply now).

Were you surprised when Tom/Nzhang (as you say) ignored an email full of fluff? You are very judgmental.

dip
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: