Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198625 times)
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:52:45 PM

how about we send him flowers?
there must be a flower delivery in London

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:55:18 PM

Because of that i took it as a good sign that he communicated in the blog.

He communicated on the glbse blog two weeks ago. Holding asset information hostage is not helping anyone, especially for his customers.

Thats correct. The same goes for the guys that got a double payment and want to hold this money hostage to make pressure for their interests.
And its right... communication is THE key to clear problems. But without communication problems cant be solved.

he is obviously stubborn

If this turns out to be the explanation of everything, I will lose all hope for humanity. With thieves and murderers, you at least know where you are standing. But are there really people who cause harm to hundreds of people only because they are stubborn? Really? Did we trust such a person? Is this the reality of this community? How will we ever do any business? Why are we even against regulation?

In the other thread people claim that one or two of the persons that ran pirate pass throughs paid all their members back out of their own pocket. So the customers didnt have a loss while the ppt-owner has to eat the loss. So i think there are good people in the bitcoin world. Smiley

I wonder if visiting him by group will have an effect. He probably only would react with fear, calling police or so. I believe its better to communicate without pressure to solve problems. Because pressure can lead to people closing themselves up if they cant handle it anymore. That could raise the problems.

Okay, let's assume we wait a month more. We let most of the asset issuers run away with our money. The honest businesses are negatively impacted, some to the point of bankruptcy. Then what do we do? Isn't it better to act sooner than later?

The asset issuers that want to run could have done this the same way when glbse was still alive. That risk was there from the start. The honesty of an issuer is only connected to a username in a forum maybe so its not much in most cases.
And sure... nefario should act and send out the asset infos. I mean he should give out the infos for all the users that dont own a double payment and most of the customers would be happier again. I wonder if nefario at some point will be able to jump over his own rule to give asset infos out only after all userbtc are paid. I hope so.

how about we send him flowers?

That would be a step most couldnt understand. Maybe nefario even couldnt. Smiley But at least it would be a positive encouragement for him. I mean he gets plenty of negative encouragement. And this is pressing one down, draining live and workpower. A bit positiveness maybe could have a positive effect. But be prepared for the outcry of people that cant follow the thought. Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Binford 6100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:12:42 PM

> at least it would be a positive encouragement for him
you got the idea exactly how I hoped it would come across.
something positive to cheer up and encourage to walk a few extra steps our direction.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:43:02 PM

Okay, let's assume we wait a month more. We let most of the asset issuers run away with our money. The honest businesses are negatively impacted, some to the point of bankruptcy. Then what do we do? Isn't it better to act sooner than later?

The asset issuers that want to run could have done this the same way when glbse was still alive. That risk was there from the start. The honesty of an issuer is only connected to a username in a forum maybe so its not much in most cases.

I'm afraid it's not that simple.

As the time passes, the inclination of shareholders to pursue diminishes. This is the psychological aspect. If Nefario indeed gives out the information, you will see that most issuers that were responding while GLBSE was alive will have stopped responding. I'd be surprised if most of them do continue fulfilling their contractual obligations actually.

Second, GLBSE will no longer actively pursue issuers. Most information that we need to pressure issuers with will not be made available, which will strengthen the first point. This wasn't and wouldn't be the case while GLBSE was alive, and we made investments based on that belief.

Third, the way the data is handed over will be disputed, which will allow issuers play the exact tricks Nefario is playing on us right now. Most likely, the shareholders will never get any proof of ownership. It will be totally up to the issuers' conscience.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:47:17 PM

something positive to cheer up and encourage to walk a few extra steps our direction.

I'm in. Who is willing to send some flowers James' way? A couple of coins should do. I pledge 1.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:18:29 PM

I got a hunch which is very different & strange.

In privateat40 scam time, a address had half million(500000) bitcoins at a time, which was increased in a count of 0.1 million (100000) & it looked very cool , like a stairs case in graph.
Then it declined by different rates & gone down.
What if some one playing game with govt or any other to prove that he has power to control?
pirateat40 raised half million bitcoins, while nefario doing some other different thing.

Nefario wants to prove or force to prove or want to win a bet or whatever it was that even after closing GLBSE, nothing changed the Bitcoin market.
Its not, GLBSE was back bone of Bitcoins, which once shut, may kill Bitcoin.
Its shutdown made, many to shout, fight, debate, threaten, loose hope, get hope, whatever the hell is, but can't kill Bitcoin.

Closing GLBSE WILL NOT KILL BITCOIN.

Hey XYZ, look at GLBSE, Its closed for more than 45 days, still nothing bad happened to Bitcoin, what you say now?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:46:37 PM

what you say now?

That it's been proven that the paradise of scammers exists, and is here, where blatant crime pays again and again.
Secondarily, it's been proven that we coiners are not so smart as we like to believe -to use an euphemism-.
Binford 6100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 06:40:06 PM

I'm in. Who is willing to send some flowers James' way? A couple of coins should do. I pledge 1.

I pledge 1 as well
plus the paperwork (book keeping of this micro project)

could someone who knows his address/phone PM me how to have them delivered?
I do not need to know the address but the florist will need it (the last mile)

"flowers for James" running total so far 2 btc // if it's inappropriate in this thread I'll go and start a new one

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:18:21 PM

what you say now?

That it's been proven that the paradise of scammers exists, and is here, where blatant crime pays again and again.
Secondarily, it's been proven that we coiners are not so smart as we like to believe -to use an euphemism-.

I pledge 1 as well

"flowers for James" running total so far 2 btc // if it's inappropriate in this thread I'll go and start a new one

These two posts together have to be preserved for together they are indeed beautiful.

In a very sickening sort of way.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:59:22 PM

coincidentally, there is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115387

though i recommend sending chocolate in this instance: http://www.pooparcels.com/chocolate.php?osCsid=332273e5b822e631f58b769096d737f9
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 11:19:25 PM

I pledge 1 as well

I think flowers are a nice idea. Chocolate might be more appropriate for a guy but its eaten and gone. Some flowers with happy colors can sit on the table and give a good feeling a longer time.

I searched google for london flower delivery and similar and its astonishing expensive. 30gbp for a colorful bouquet. I would give 0.6BTC, which is the btc i got back from nefario as the money in my glbse-account. I think with that amount it should be possible to get something.

And i would say that a card would be good. Something like: "Please do what you can to solve this and please make sure that the asset infos are coming soon. It would be nice to have daily updates on the progress too. We wish success!" Maybe something like this. This way we can say whats the flowers are for and what wishes it transports. So he will have it in mind when seeing the flowers.

Good to see that some people here can think successoriented, through corners and are past black-white-world-view. Smiley

Nefario wants to prove or force to prove or want to win a bet or whatever it was that even after closing GLBSE, nothing changed the Bitcoin market.

I think that would be to hard for a bet. Think about how much he would lose. The ceo-income plus the share-dividends as a shareholder. I doubt he would risk this with a bet.

As the time passes, the inclination of shareholders to pursue diminishes. This is the psychological aspect. If Nefario indeed gives out the information, you will see that most issuers that were responding while GLBSE was alive will have stopped responding. I'd be surprised if most of them do continue fulfilling their contractual obligations actually.

Second, GLBSE will no longer actively pursue issuers. Most information that we need to pressure issuers with will not be made available, which will strengthen the first point. This wasn't and wouldn't be the case while GLBSE was alive, and we made investments based on that belief.

Third, the way the data is handed over will be disputed, which will allow issuers play the exact tricks Nefario is playing on us right now. Most likely, the shareholders will never get any proof of ownership. It will be totally up to the issuers' conscience.

You could be right. At least it cant help if more and more time goes by. And i think some shareholders will react like goat who claimed that he dont want to use a spreadsheat with numbers and codes to find out who are his shareholders. So if an issuer wants to find an excuse he probably will. The only thing is that an excuse like that wouldnt be good when other asset issuers dont have the same problem. I think we have no choice to wait and see how many of them are honest.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:41:25 PM

I think that would be to hard for a bet. Think about how much he would lose. The ceo-income plus the share-dividends as a shareholder. I doubt he would risk this with a bet.

My bet is that some big asset issuer(s?) paid him more to close the shop and take the blame.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:44:43 PM

There is a new move at the address for returns of double-paids:
http://blockchain.info/address/1BgPRMk4uaJrohM1T9Cn4Hd9pHaEL6FH5j
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 12:48:08 AM

My bet is that some big asset issuer(s?) paid him more to close the shop and take the blame.

That would mean it has to be someone that collected so much IPO-Money that he could pay nefario that much btc that he would throw his connections to the community away and the earnings he would get form ceo-job and his shares of glbse. So i think the one would need to pay him 3 or 4 years worth of income. I wonder if there are asset issuers that collected that much money plus money so that its worth for them too. But to be honest i doubt that nefario would kill his little baby glbse only for such thing.

SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 02:23:26 AM

That would mean it has to be someone that collected so much IPO-Money that he could pay nefario that much btc that he would throw his connections to the community away and the earnings he would get form ceo-job and his shares of glbse. So i think the one would need to pay him 3 or 4 years worth of income. I wonder if there are asset issuers that collected that much money plus money so that its worth for them too. But to be honest i doubt that nefario would kill his little baby glbse only for such thing.

An alternative to payment could be if the legal problems are true an issuer being behind it and yes there were some/at least one that got the suckers on here for $100k+.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:08:33 AM

Nefario once noted he barely earned enough to eat a few months ago, while working on GLBSE so much keeps him from seeing his family.

That said, around six or so months ago, I offered to buy a stake in GLBSE. I think it was something like $20k for 25%. He refused, noting it was offensively low. Obviously, GLBSE and Nefario's name is worthless, now.

- Anyway... Nefario would kill his baby to save a couple hundred bitcoins (guessing) worth of overpayments, but would not kill his baby for a thousand or so from a large Issuer not wanting to fulfill his contract?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:46:27 AM

That would mean it has to be someone that collected so much IPO-Money that he could pay nefario that much btc that he would throw his connections to the community away and the earnings he would get form ceo-job and his shares of glbse. So i think the one would need to pay him 3 or 4 years worth of income.

From what the shareholders have said, he wasn't being paid that much - about $40,000 per year which is not very much to live on in the UK.  And just because Bitcoiners love to use the terminology of the real business world which they despise so much, doesn't mean that self-selected titles like "CEO" or terms like "IPO" imply any kind of competence or massive amounts of money.

theymos was trying to sell his shares prior to anyone learning of nefario's intention to shut down GLBSE and nobody wanted them so nefario's shares weren't especially valuable either.

People repeatedly make the mistake of assuming that just because a Bitcoin enterprise is highly visible means that it's highly profitable. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 12:54:22 PM

An alternative to payment could be if the legal problems are true an issuer being behind it and yes there were some/at least one that got the suckers on here for $100k+.

If there were legal problems nefario wouldnt bother to give out the asset infos because the fsa or similar already would have raid the database. I think in this case nefario would more likely to stop everything. Not paying back any user bitcoins in the fear that the fsa will use the btc for something and he has to pay later out of his own pocket. So i dont believe that any government agency is involved till now.

If there are issuers that collected $100k+ you should think about that he earned $40,000 yearly for his ceo-job. And he owned 60% of the glsbe-shares. Which means these shares has to bring him at least another $40,000 per year. Otherwise the ceo-salary would mean that the other shareholders would earn way less and they wouldnt have said yes to this salary. I mean the salary has to be small enough so that the shareholders at the end earn enough from being shareholders so that they are pleased too. And when nefario owned 60% of the shares then he would get a big chunk on this on top.
That means some asset issuer collecting $100,000 probably couldnt bring nefario to kill glbse. Because even when this issuer would pay him 50% this would only be $50,000. And this money nefario earned probably in 7 or 8 months. So i doubt that something like this happened.

Nefario once noted he barely earned enough to eat a few months ago, while working on GLBSE so much keeps him from seeing his family.

That said, around six or so months ago, I offered to buy a stake in GLBSE. I think it was something like $20k for 25%. He refused, noting it was offensively low. Obviously, GLBSE and Nefario's name is worthless, now.

- Anyway... Nefario would kill his baby to save a couple hundred bitcoins (guessing) worth of overpayments, but would not kill his baby for a thousand or so from a large Issuer not wanting to fulfill his contract?

Hm... $40,000 yearly plus probably more then $40,000 yearly from the 60% shares he hold of glbse would mean a monthly salary of at least $6666.66. Each month. I think that isnt too less to live. Even when taking only the ceo-salary it would be $3333.33 each month. I think you can feed a family with that in GB. Maybe he wrote this when glbse wasnt successful and he didnt got his ceo-money already?

If he refused to sell 25% that could mean he dont want to lose his majority as a shareholder and that he didnt plan to scam at this time.

The last sentence i dont understand. He closed glbse because of a couple hundred overpayment bitcoins?

From what the shareholders have said, he wasn't being paid that much - about $40,000 per year which is not very much to live on in the UK.  And just because Bitcoiners love to use the terminology of the real business world which they despise so much, doesn't mean that self-selected titles like "CEO" or terms like "IPO" imply any kind of competence or massive amounts of money.

theymos was trying to sell his shares prior to anyone learning of nefario's intention to shut down GLBSE and nobody wanted them so nefario's shares weren't especially valuable either.

People repeatedly make the mistake of assuming that just because a Bitcoin enterprise is highly visible means that it's highly profitable.

I dont know the situation in GB but i think $40,000 yearly are $3333.33 monthly and at least in my country its more than the average salary. Way more than normal people earn monthly. And you have to keep in mind that the shareholders of glbse only would say yes to this salary when they afterwards still get a good share from their shares for glbse. I mean they wouldnt say yes to it when they only get small money later because of the high salary. If thats true then nefario would earn even more because he owned 60% of the shares of glbse. So i dont think that he suffered because of too less income.
Heres some link to income in GB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom
They claim that the bottom fifth households in GB earned £15,000 before tax each year. Thats $24,000 before taxes. He had way more only from his ceo-salary.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 01:24:05 PM

I dont know the situation in GB but i think $40,000 yearly are $3333.33 monthly and at least in my country its more than the average salary. Way more than normal people earn monthly. And you have to keep in mind that the shareholders of glbse only would say yes to this salary when they afterwards still get a good share from their shares for glbse. I mean they wouldnt say yes to it when they only get small money later because of the high salary. If thats true then nefario would earn even more because he owned 60% of the shares of glbse. So i dont think that he suffered because of too less income.
Heres some link to income in GB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom
They claim that the bottom fifth households in GB earned £15,000 before tax each year. Thats $24,000 before taxes. He had way more only from his ceo-salary.

I can tell you from experience that £2.000 ($3.333) before taxes does not go far in London....
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 01:35:34 PM

Yep... it's a very low salary in London.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: