Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198627 times)
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 01:38:06 PM

I dont know the situation in GB but i think $40,000 yearly are $3333.33 monthly and at least in my country its more than the average salary. Way more than normal people earn monthly. And you have to keep in mind that the shareholders of glbse only would say yes to this salary when they afterwards still get a good share from their shares for glbse. I mean they wouldnt say yes to it when they only get small money later because of the high salary. If thats true then nefario would earn even more because he owned 60% of the shares of glbse. So i dont think that he suffered because of too less income.
Heres some link to income in GB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom
They claim that the bottom fifth households in GB earned £15,000 before tax each year. Thats $24,000 before taxes. He had way more only from his ceo-salary.

I can tell you from experience that £2.000 ($3.333) before taxes does not go far in London....

I confirm that's at the most an average income for an average 40 hours per week job. As an entrepreneur you work way more than that. So after taxes and if you are the only person earning income for your family, that income is not considered a lot in western Europe and especially not in expensive places like London.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 02:20:12 PM

Sounds like london is an expensive place to live when the fifth households in GB with the lowest income had $24,000 before tax and he nearly had double that amount only from ceosalary. Would be interesting to know what earnings he got from holding 60% of glbse shares then too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:08:42 PM

80 pages of Nefario. Wow.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:29:41 PM

80 pages of Nefario. Wow.

And just like any other bitcoin business closing, not a fucking peep, and apparently little to no chance of recovering anything for most people. Not even the chance of liquidators like our buddy Patrick forced bitcoinica to seek.

I'm soooooooooo thankful that I bailed anything that I really had any chance of recovering in the first place. I suppose it doesn't matter if nefario the scammer doesn't return the proof that brendio & goat owe me money from pirate the scammer.

It does have me wondering, which of the various entities I've entrusted funds to now are going to close up and cease communications. (of course, they're never "stealing" the funds....they just can't return them LOL)

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 01:10:37 AM

Sounds like london is an expensive place to live when the fifth households in GB with the lowest income had $24,000 before tax and he nearly had double that amount only from ceosalary. Would be interesting to know what earnings he got from holding 60% of glbse shares then too.

None of the other shareholders have suggested that GLBSE was paying any significant amount in dividends.  I think that you're making a whole lot of flawed assumptions here because you're applying real world principals to what was essentially a toy company run by someone without any business expertise whatsoever.

theymos indicated that GLBSE held less than 1000 BTC of its own - the vast majority of BTC it held were user funds.  That's a very low amount of reserves to have on hand.  If GLBSE had been the cash cow you believe it was, it would have had more than enough funds on hand to cover the double payments.

And yep, there are lots of expensive places in the world.  $15 per hour is the minimum wage where I live and average weekly earnings are between $62,000 and $69,000 depending on whose statistics you use.  Housing, electricity and petrol are all extremely expensive here, so people earning wages which might sound high to those living elsewhere are going to be living significantly lower lifestyles.

That nefario was earning more than the lowest 20% of households doesn't mean much.  The lowest 20% of households in any Western nation are almost certainly living in abject poverty and working part-time if at all. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 06:54:21 PM

None of the other shareholders have suggested that GLBSE was paying any significant amount in dividends.  I think that you're making a whole lot of flawed assumptions here because you're applying real world principals to what was essentially a toy company run by someone without any business expertise whatsoever.

theymos indicated that GLBSE held less than 1000 BTC of its own - the vast majority of BTC it held were user funds.  That's a very low amount of reserves to have on hand.  If GLBSE had been the cash cow you believe it was, it would have had more than enough funds on hand to cover the double payments.

And yep, there are lots of expensive places in the world.  $15 per hour is the minimum wage where I live and average weekly earnings are between $62,000 and $69,000 depending on whose statistics you use.  Housing, electricity and petrol are all extremely expensive here, so people earning wages which might sound high to those living elsewhere are going to be living significantly lower lifestyles.

That nefario was earning more than the lowest 20% of households doesn't mean much.  The lowest 20% of households in any Western nation are almost certainly living in abject poverty and working part-time if at all. 

LOL where do you live? Candy land?

$62k-$69k PER WEEK?!?!?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 07:14:23 PM

Where is this? Hongkong? Or New York Central? Sounds extreme...

And youre right... i only make assumptions. And i think it doesnt have to mean much when glbse doesnt hold much. Why should they. I mean when the shareholders rather would get higher dividends then ok, glbse is holding less but the shareholders earn more.
And the assumption that the shareholders have to earn much comes from the point that they allowed nefario a ceo-salary of $40,000. I mean when the shareholders all together would earn dividends per year in height of $30,000 that would mean they couldnt afford to pay nefario this salary. It would be nuts to say yes to this salary then. So at least the yearly dividend for 100% shares of glbse had to be more than $40,000. And i really think it has to be a good chunk more. Because when the yearly dividend was $50,000 and then $40,000 of them should be gone because nefario wants to be paid $40,000 yearly then the sharholders would go from a nice income to no income nearly. They wouldnt possibly say yes to this. So i think the dividends has to be way higher than that. Otherwise shareholders saying yes to such a cut to their dividends would sound really strange. Because they would earn way less. And at the same time the worth each share is having would drop significantly. Because each share means way less dividends. I highly doubt shareholders would do such suicide. So, in my opinion, the dividends has to be way more at that time.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 02:17:15 AM

Where is this? Hongkong? Or New York Central? Sounds extreme...

And youre right... i only make assumptions. And i think it doesnt have to mean much when glbse doesnt hold much. Why should they. I mean when the shareholders rather would get higher dividends then ok, glbse is holding less but the shareholders earn more.
And the assumption that the shareholders have to earn much comes from the point that they allowed nefario a ceo-salary of $40,000. I mean when the shareholders all together would earn dividends per year in height of $30,000 that would mean they couldnt afford to pay nefario this salary. It would be nuts to say yes to this salary then. So at least the yearly dividend for 100% shares of glbse had to be more than $40,000. And i really think it has to be a good chunk more. Because when the yearly dividend was $50,000 and then $40,000 of them should be gone because nefario wants to be paid $40,000 yearly then the sharholders would go from a nice income to no income nearly. They wouldnt possibly say yes to this. So i think the dividends has to be way higher than that. Otherwise shareholders saying yes to such a cut to their dividends would sound really strange. Because they would earn way less. And at the same time the worth each share is having would drop significantly. Because each share means way less dividends. I highly doubt shareholders would do such suicide. So, in my opinion, the dividends has to be way more at that time.

Dividends mostly ceased once Nefario started getting paid. He took most/any of the profits.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 02:22:41 AM

I think that would be to hard for a bet. Think about how much he would lose. The ceo-income plus the share-dividends as a shareholder. I doubt he would risk this with a bet.

My bet is that some big asset issuer(s?) paid him more to close the shop and take the blame.

That would mean it has to be someone that collected so much IPO-Money that he could pay nefario that much btc that he would throw his connections to the community away and the earnings he would get form ceo-job and his shares of glbse. So i think the one would need to pay him 3 or 4 years worth of income. I wonder if there are asset issuers that collected that much money plus money so that its worth for them too. But to be honest i doubt that nefario would kill his little baby glbse only for such thing.
Nefario once noted he barely earned enough to eat a few months ago, while working on GLBSE so much keeps him from seeing his family.

That said, around six or so months ago, I offered to buy a stake in GLBSE. I think it was something like $20k for 25%. He refused, noting it was offensively low. Obviously, GLBSE and Nefario's name is worthless, now.

- Anyway... Nefario would kill his baby to save a couple hundred bitcoins (guessing) worth of overpayments, but would not kill his baby for a thousand or so from a large Issuer not wanting to fulfill his contract?

He is hilariously and notoriously greedy.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:48:47 AM

That said, around six or so months ago, I offered to buy a stake in GLBSE. I think it was something like $20k for 25%. He refused, noting it was offensively low. Obviously, GLBSE and Nefario's name is worthless, now.

Possibly the notion of GLBSE being worth 2% of what the open market priced MPOE/MPEx at was a little offensive to him.

So maybe pride before greed.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 01:46:49 PM

Dividends mostly ceased once Nefario started getting paid. He took most/any of the profits.

So once he get his salary your shares were practically worth nothing? Man... i never would take part in one of nefarios businesses. Looks like he used his 60% to get all the money thats earned, without other shareholders could do something against. And you not only lost your dividends but the value of your shares too. Because i wouldnt have paid a cent for them anymore when there is practically no dividends. They are worthless then.
What business tactics... looks like nefario reacted to unfair behaviour of diablo and others but at the same time he was unfair to his own shareholders too.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 01:51:30 PM

Anyway... nothing is moving. I would give the little investment for flowers a try. If anyone is trusting binford 6100 then he could start creating a btc address and find a flower delivery. If all is collected we only need the address of james, would need to think about the kind of flowers and i would vote for a card with it to transport what the flowers are for and what wishes we have in mind.
Let me know.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:05:13 PM

Anyway... nothing is moving. I would give the little investment for flowers a try. If anyone is trusting binford 6100 then he could start creating a btc address and find a flower delivery. If all is collected we only need the address of james, would need to think about the kind of flowers and i would vote for a card with it to transport what the flowers are for and what wishes we have in mind.
Let me know.

ESAD, always popular.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:00:08 PM

Don't you mean annual?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

Let me know.

ESAD, always popular.

Unfortunately this message has zero chance to make anything better. Friendlyness has better chances at least. A small, if any, but a least a chance.

deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:12:53 PM

Let me know.

Let me know.

ESAD, always popular.

Unfortunately this message has zero chance to make anything better. Friendlyness has better chances at least. A small, if any, but a least a chance.

Really? Please, Sebastian, from reading many of your posts I think you are basically a good guy and I respect you for that. But you keep shocking me with your persisting niceness and naive views, contrary to the facts. FFS, if someone spits in your face, you don't say thank you for not kicking you in the balls.

Your response would probably be "but there is nothing else we can do" and "if you have a better idea, let me know". Well, at some point you have to say it is enough and grow some balls. Stand up for yourself. The time of soft negotiations and politically correct statements has long long passed.

Face it, Nefario is a scumbag. Whatever excuse you can come up with, it can never correct what has happened. Now threat the asshole that way. Please stop groveling and sucking up to him. Take a stand with most of the community and if he is not going to play the game, accept your loss knowing that you at least did the right thing and let's hope together for the only satisfaction that we may get. That will be when angry people who have had enough are going to start making Nefario's life miserable.

Please don't spend any more of your good money on this guy. It is not going to make a difference.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:36:05 PM

What do you base this religious belief of yours upon? I could just as well state firmly that your message has 0 chances to accomplish anything and hostility has a small but nonzero chance to accomplish something. They're equally true, and equally unprovable. So how have you come to your religion? And why don't you grasp it's nothing else?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 05:51:13 PM

deeplink... its not pure niceness. I think you miss the point. What i do is trying to gain something without being disturbed by emotions like most in this thread are doing. They wouldnt think about doing such thing because they feel anger, feel its wrong and so on. I took that beside and think about what constructively be done. And its simple logic and experience that only communication can help to solve problems 2 parties have. Without communication nothing can be done.

So what can be done? Nefario gets anger and all similar things all the time. It obviously isnt helping. And if it goes above a certain level it will lead to stop doing him anything. Because it went too far or he is stressed that hard that he gets emotional problems. And im purely selfish here. Such thing wont help me in any way. So the guys that want to throw hate or whatever to nefario... it proved to not help in any way.

So the chance is to bring in some friendlyness again. Its simple understanding how mankind works. You do something to a person and it has an effect. How small or big it will be it will be there. And think you know that if you think it through.

Maybe another though... if you realize that one way dont work... do the opposite. Never heard of it?

Or how about this. How do you feel when the whole world is against you? All your friends seem to hate you and your problems are bigger than big? And then you get a friendly word from someone. Isnt that light a ray of sunlight into your gray world then? And isnt giving it hope to you? I dont await that you try to sit into james situation that much. I only hope you just dont think im stupid and want to happy friends with everone. Its not that. I want to achieve something and i wont stop using ways that others wont use because they let their emotions stand into their way.

Anyway... i want to try it. If someone wants to help than fine. At least 2 persons said so till now. And with that it should be possible to create something.

You dont need to believe that it will help anything. And you mustnt think that im the superfriendly guy. Im only thinking practical with holding emotions besides. I want to try moving something and think there is a chance.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 08:22:00 PM

deeplink... its not pure niceness. I think you miss the point. What i do is trying to gain something without being disturbed by emotions like most in this thread are doing. They wouldnt think about doing such thing because they feel anger, feel its wrong and so on. I took that beside and think about what constructively be done. And its simple logic and experience that only communication can help to solve problems 2 parties have. Without communication nothing can be done.

So what can be done? Nefario gets anger and all similar things all the time. It obviously isnt helping. And if it goes above a certain level it will lead to stop doing him anything. Because it went too far or he is stressed that hard that he gets emotional problems. And im purely selfish here. Such thing wont help me in any way. So the guys that want to throw hate or whatever to nefario... it proved to not help in any way.

So the chance is to bring in some friendlyness again. Its simple understanding how mankind works. You do something to a person and it has an effect. How small or big it will be it will be there. And think you know that if you think it through.

Maybe another though... if you realize that one way dont work... do the opposite. Never heard of it?

Or how about this. How do you feel when the whole world is against you? All your friends seem to hate you and your problems are bigger than big? And then you get a friendly word from someone. Isnt that light a ray of sunlight into your gray world then? And isnt giving it hope to you? I dont await that you try to sit into james situation that much. I only hope you just dont think im stupid and want to happy friends with everone. Its not that. I want to achieve something and i wont stop using ways that others wont use because they let their emotions stand into their way.

Anyway... i want to try it. If someone wants to help than fine. At least 2 persons said so till now. And with that it should be possible to create something.

You dont need to believe that it will help anything. And you mustnt think that im the superfriendly guy. Im only thinking practical with holding emotions besides. I want to try moving something and think there is a chance.

I dont send flowers to a burglar sorry.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:24:21 PM

I dont send flowers to a burglar sorry.

But why not? Maybe he returns Kramer's gloves.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: