Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:59:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527663 times)
cryptichermit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:01:23 AM

With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

It seems they won't warranty the product anyway.

I lost another b8 hashboard today. It was underclocked at 675.
Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.
Emailed Bitmain about it and again - no response.

Thats odd. What is your PSU setup? Are you using surge protectors? Unless you have thousands of S7's i dont think there should be so many failures.
I've purchased the following (48 x S7 total):
17 x batch 1 units (not a single problem with any of the batch 1 units since received)
1 x batch 3 unit (no problem with it)
20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.
10 x batch 8 units (1 board failed at 700mhz speed with temps around 67c at 10 days into mining - second unit had one board fail at 675mhz and again temps around 67c).

So now 4 failed boards out of 144.

All units have surge protection, and there was zero indication of surge as none of the other miners stopped mining.

On the 2 batch 8 units, the miners just became un-responsive.
First unit when I power cycle PSU will spit out some extensive errors on the hashboard and then reboot itself and come back up with ----- ------ ------ ----- on the board.
This second failed board will show 35 chips in the GUI, but will not attempt to hash on that board.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:17:27 AM

With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

Thats odd. What is your PSU setup? Are you using surge protectors? Unless you have thousands of S7's i dont think there should be so many failures.
17 x batch 1 units (not a single problem with any of the batch 1 units since received)
20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.
10 x batch 8 units (1 board failed at 700mhz speed with temps around 67c at 10 days into mining - second unit had one board fail at 675mhz and again temps around 67c).

All units have surge protection, and there was zero indication of surge as none of the other miners stopped mining.

First unit when I power cycle PSU will spit out some extensive errors on the hashboard and then reboot itself and come back up with ----- ------ ------ ----- on the board.
This second failed board will show 35 chips in the GUI, but will not attempt to hash on that board.

I see, but i have fluctuation on certain circuits that i don't have in the other. I'm not talking about a lightning hitting your house hitting all your miners kind of surge. What are the PSU's? I've noticed a lot of PSU that comes cheap dont have UVP/OVP protection which would also possibly fuck over a miner.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptichermit

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:57:38 AM

With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.

I see, but i have fluctuation on certain circuits that i don't have in the other. I'm not talking about a lightning hitting your house hitting all your miners kind of surge. What are the PSU's? I've noticed a lot of PSU that comes cheap dont have UVP/OVP protection which would also possibly fuck over a miner.

All EVGA PSU's for me.  Running 1300's on most of the batch 1 and 5, while batch 8 went with dual PSU setup EVGA supernova 1000 on two boards and EVGA 850 on board/controllers.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:01:45 AM

All EVGA PSU's for me.  Running 1300's on most of the batch 1 and 5, while batch 8 went with dual PSU setup EVGA supernova 1000 on two boards and EVGA 850 on board/controllers.

I see, in that case, its really too bad, hard to blame it on your setup then. I guess a couples of S7 batches are really just plain bad. Lets hope my S7 B8 hold out. Only have one so its pretty much all or nothing.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:12:31 AM

certain that one spends $ 4,000 for 4x S7 and after 1 or 2 weeks you burn hashboard, I wonder:
What material do they use?
because only 3 months warranty?
because you can not overclock? Huh Roll Eyes
nhando

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:49:16 AM

With an s7, rule of thumb is :  overclock if you want, underclock if you want, find a good setting with sub 0.01% error, and then - DONT TOUCH IT EVER AGAIN.  Smiley  Also check out the luck we had at Kano.is pool SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Only thing is if bitmain catches you doing overclock it will void warranty.  Current batch 8 I have not seen a overclock to make it worth losing warranty for.

Chances are they will not catch you.  But it is possible they might depending on problem you have. (Which hopefully there will be no problems and not need warranty)

Guess I shouldn't have moved it above 650.  Still no word on the 2 batch 5 boards I sent to Bitmain.
Will be 4 weeks on Monday.  This batch 8 board had been running 3 weeks.  Lost another batch 8 board running stock 700 about 10 days into mining.

20 x batch 5 units (1 Batch 5 had 2 boards fail early when there was a small internet outage.)  I seemed to have missed the manual fan speed on that unit.  No problems with the other 19 units.

The Important question is how did Bitmain support helo you?  Was the warranty support good?  If support sucks then warranty aint worth nothing.  They never even bother responding to my ticket about the fan, even if it's a simple, TOUGH LUCK BUDDY! 

Just "Mining" my own business.
marvykkio

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:50:29 AM

This happens because people love too bitmain forum, and allow him to do everything, and this is the result.

cmq, does anyone know if in China and feast? because from Friday and that do not respond to email these idiots, they deposited $ 528.11 which I belong
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:03:59 PM

So I have to re-try getting a board RMA'd to bitmain.  I bought a brand new PSU to try to power that board up hoping I was using a bad psu and there was still no go.  For those of you who have fully opened their S7, what is the easiest method to getting the top off so I can remove the problematic board?  I assume the top comes off because you can't simply slide the board out of the casing.

Remove the rectangular plate behind the fan, boards will slide out. But I would contact Bitmain before opening the miner.

Just remove the plate behind the fan and they do slide out?  What about the piece sticking above the top of the miner where the pci-e cables are connected?  That's not part of the hash board?

Yup, just removing the plate behind the fan will do. That plate is holding the boards in place.

Cool, I'll try removing it tonight.  Bitmain already agreed to 'test' the board at their facility in china.  Sucks I have to send it there, but the 3 TH hash I get from a $1600 miner really blows.

Good luck with your RMA.
I had bitmain OK sending back 2 dead hashboards, and they have had them for nearly 4 freeking weeks!
I've sent several emails and they have not responded, both via Ticket system and direct email.  Not only am I out the dead hashboards, but also out the $100 shipping fee back to them.  I also openned another ticket as I had a brand new batch 8 hashboard fail after about 10 days of hashing.  No response on that either.  Still waiting for the 5 day late payment on batch 1 too.  I'd have to say, I'm sorely dissapointed with the service received from bitmain - especially given the amount of money I've sent their way in 2015.

I'm waiting on 2 dead hashboards to be RMA'd as well.  They probably won't receive my boards until next week though.  Hopefully I won't have to wait a month after that to get working boards.

When they replaced my controller it took over a month. However, I sent them 3 dead hashboards on Dec 23rd. I had the replacements in my hands on Jan 6th. Problem is that one of the replacement cards died after 10 minutes. I can't see any reason for it to die -ie: heat sinks still in place and no burnt smell. So back to working on another RMA for the same batch 1 S7. My Batch 8s are 1 month old and seem fine so far..."knock on wood".
marvykkio

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:27:50 PM

why do you think they're selling fans, controllers, and data cable?Huh

who I can answer
cryptichermit

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:09:27 PM

So I have to re-try getting a board RMA'd to bitmain.  I bought a brand new PSU to try to power that board up hoping I was using a bad psu and there was still no go.  For those of you who have fully opened their S7, what is the easiest method to getting the top off so I can remove the problematic board?  I assume the top comes off because you can't simply slide the board out of the casing.

Remove the rectangular plate behind the fan, boards will slide out. But I would contact Bitmain before opening the miner.

Just remove the plate behind the fan and they do slide out?  What about the piece sticking above the top of the miner where the pci-e cables are connected?  That's not part of the hash board?

Yup, just removing the plate behind the fan will do. That plate is holding the boards in place.

Cool, I'll try removing it tonight.  Bitmain already agreed to 'test' the board at their facility in china.  Sucks I have to send it there, but the 3 TH hash I get from a $1600 miner really blows.

Good luck with your RMA.
I had bitmain OK sending back 2 dead hashboards, and they have had them for nearly 4 freeking weeks!
I've sent several emails and they have not responded, both via Ticket system and direct email.  Not only am I out the dead hashboards, but also out the $100 shipping fee back to them.  I also openned another ticket as I had a brand new batch 8 hashboard fail after about 10 days of hashing.  No response on that either.  Still waiting for the 5 day late payment on batch 1 too.  I'd have to say, I'm sorely dissapointed with the service received from bitmain - especially given the amount of money I've sent their way in 2015.

I'm waiting on 2 dead hashboards to be RMA'd as well.  They probably won't receive my boards until next week though.  Hopefully I won't have to wait a month after that to get working boards.

When they replaced my controller it took over a month. However, I sent them 3 dead hashboards on Dec 23rd. I had the replacements in my hands on Jan 6th. Problem is that one of the replacement cards died after 10 minutes. I can't see any reason for it to die -ie: heat sinks still in place and no burnt smell. So back to working on another RMA for the same batch 1 S7. My Batch 8s are 1 month old and seem fine so far..."knock on wood".

That's Interesting!  Wonder why they haven't replaced mine or even bothered to respond to email inquiries.  They've had mine in hand since 12/14.
nhando

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

Wonder why we can't use Denver location for shipping back fail part and getting new replacement for faster speed and same time zone support.  Sounds like they're not leveraging the full use out of the Denver location yet.    Would love to see that as a future option.

Just "Mining" my own business.
marvykkio

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:51:17 PM

strangely and Friday that do not respond to email
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:10:26 PM

I see many are using the EVGA 1600w power supplies with the S7, but I don't see anyone mention the Corsair AX1500i (Titanium) that comes with 10 PCI-e power connectors.  Is anyone using this power supply or have tried it?  Not interested in how expensive it is, it's not very far from the price of the EVGA 1600w T2 (Titanium) where I'm at.  It's $392 on Amazon, vs. $430 for the EVGA on Newegg.com, so it's actually 10% cheaper in the U.S.  Plus with the Corsair connected to a nearby computer through the USB port, you could monitor the power usage I believe.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 06:12:45 PM

I see many are using the EVGA 1600w power supplies with the S7, but I don't see anyone mention the Corsair AX1500i (Titanium) that comes with 10 PCI-e power connectors.  Is anyone using this power supply or have tried it?

why?  the price is way higher then on the evga--------- I am wrong

I did use the evga 1600 t2 and last year the corsair was priced close to 499

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-TITANIUM-Crossfire-220-T2-1600-X1/dp/B00R33ZBQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452449595&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+1600+t2

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-AX1500i-Titanium-Efficiency-CP-9020057-NA/dp/B00MFJ4OBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452449648&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+1500

and I am wrong  392  for the corsair

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:15:57 PM

I'm waiting on 2 dead hashboards to be RMA'd as well.  They probably won't receive my boards until next week though.  Hopefully I won't have to wait a month after that to get working boards.

That's Interesting!  Wonder why they haven't replaced mine or even bothered to respond to email inquiries.  They've had mine in hand since 12/14.

[/quote]

Hmmm- maybe they took pity on me because my rig hadn't been working for 5 weeks due to the first problem- ie: controller issue.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:56:05 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 08:56:30 PM by wolfen

I see many are using the EVGA 1600w power supplies with the S7, but I don't see anyone mention the Corsair AX1500i (Titanium) that comes with 10 PCI-e power connectors.  Is anyone using this power supply or have tried it?  Not interested in how expensive it is, it's not very far from the price of the EVGA 1600w T2 (Titanium) where I'm at.  It's $392 on Amazon, vs. $430 for the EVGA on Newegg.com, so it's actually 10% cheaper in the U.S.  Plus with the Corsair connected to a nearby computer through the USB port, you could monitor the power usage I believe.

ax series corsair has 7 year warranty.
I use three rm1000 corsairs per two s7's, 28 s7's total.
Have been running 2 months with no issues.
rm series has 5 year warranty.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:54:39 PM

meh, get a 1600w g2 instead of the p2 imo.  go see johny guru review for it.  its pretty much plat in efficiency, and costs less.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:35:05 PM

It should be good for 3 month's.  I have luckily not dealt with RMA since S3 day's.   Honestly on batch 8 you should leave it at 700.  If you mention over/underclock that ruins warranty.  You have to get permission to do pretty much anything now.

I would email/send ticket/possibly contact US support if you are getting no where.  But they should respond to email.  How many units did you buy and how many had issues?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:13:19 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 03:55:27 AM by dmwardjr

I recommend everyone in the US make the following changes to your ADDRESS in your BITMAIN account to include the proper HST CODE for rigs shipped into the U.S.  That's if you want to avoid a potential tariff charge like myself and some others received for improper classification of shipment under proper HST CODE.  I put the HST CODE in two (2) different places on my address.  Which can be seen below.

IF someone makes this ADDITION to their account address "[HST CODE: 8471.41.0150]" and receives a shipment soon, please let us know if your carrier assigned [HST CODE: 8471.41.0150] to your shipment.  If I'm not mistaken, you can also add "A note to the carrier" when you place the order.  It's not a bad idea to also put in that note for "HST CODE: 8471.41.0150."

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
wikkidtt

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:42:48 AM

I recommend everyone in the US make the following changes to your ADDRESS in your BITMAIN account to include the proper HST CODE for rigs shipped into the U.S.  That's if you want to avoid a potential tariff charge like myself and some others received for improper classification of shipment under proper HST CODE.  I put the HST CODE in two (2) different places on my address.  Which can be seen below.

IF someone makes this ADDITION to their account address "[HST CODE: 8471.41.0150]" and receives a shipment soon, please let us know if your carrier assigned [HST CODE: 8471.41.0150] to your shipment.

What exactly do I put in there?
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: