Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MinerFarm - Virtual Mining Game for Real Bitcoin  (Read 85401 times)
tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:02:23 PM

I haven't seen this addressed, I think the pool operating cost of 0.05 BTC / month is a lot and almost kills every incentive of running a pool. Please do something about it.

All you would need (with a 1% fee) is people using the pool to earn 5 BTC total throughout the month. I don't think it's that big of an issue.

I don't think a pool can affort 0.05 BTC in a month with only 1% fee. Because pools can not earn 5 BTC total in a month and additionally, we can see some of pools want less than 1% fee.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:04:59 PM

I haven't seen this addressed, I think the pool operating cost of 0.05 BTC / month is a lot and almost kills every incentive of running a pool. Please do something about it.

All you would need (with a 1% fee) is people using the pool to earn 5 BTC total throughout the month. I don't think it's that big of an issue.

I don't think a pool can affort 0.05 BTC in a month with only 1% fee. Because pools can not earn 5 BTC total in a month and additionally, we can see some of pools want less than 1% fee.

I believe the fee is there to keep everyone and their mother from opening one. If it's cheap, everyone makes their own and there's no point in having them.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
tennozer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

I believe the fee is there to keep everyone and their mother from opening one. If it's cheap, everyone makes their own and there's no point in having them.

But we are talking about operation costs. It is paying months by months.
Everybody can not open a pool beacuse if you want to open a pool firstly, you have to buy at least 1000 ghs miner and also you have to pay the openin pool cost.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:27:59 PM

Everybody can not open a pool beacuse if you want to open a pool firstly, you have to buy at least 1000 ghs miner and also you have to pay the openin pool cost.

Ohh, I get it. So you mean it works like in real life then, Wink. What's the problem again?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
tennozer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:34:41 PM

Ohh, I get it. So you mean it works like in real life then, Wink. What's the problem again?

I do not have any problem. Because I do not have pool. But the pool owners are talking about the high operation costs. Because normally, they can not affort this 0.05 btc with 1% fee. Maybe they can want satoshi for enter the pool or raise the fee which thhey earn the members of the pool.

n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:26:20 PM

If pool owners can't afford to pay 0.05 BTC monthly can they delete their pool?
Starin

Activity: 266

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Because of the low block rewards (since the site is new), it is impossible to get back 0.05 that we pay as operating fee. So, I would suggest to adjust the operating fee according to the block reward aka total investment to the site.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

Because of the low block rewards (since the site is new), it is impossible to get back 0.05 that we pay as operating fee. So, I would suggest to adjust the operating fee according to the block reward aka total investment to the site.

So like a dynamic fee? I could see that working, as long as it comes out like every hour or day, rather than month.

ElscottHavoc

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 08:43:06 PM

If pool owners can't afford to pay 0.05 BTC monthly can they delete their pool?

No, pools just exist for ever.  Failure to pay a pool fee just means the owner doesn't receive income from it...those funds are just redistributed to the site per a prior post from Aliser.

http://www.minerfarmforums.com/forums/topic/what-happens-to-players-if-pool-closes/
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:33:20 AM

Wow the ROI because of fees are making my % to ROI go negative instead of positive. two days ago I was at 9.96 and now today I am back to 9.74 %. I am in the highest hash rate pool with 0 fees I shouldn't be hitting negative ROI LOL

ElscottHavoc

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 02:12:05 AM

Wow the ROI because of fees are making my % to ROI go negative instead of positive. two days ago I was at 9.96 and now today I am back to 9.74 %. I am in the highest hash rate pool with 0 fees I shouldn't be hitting negative ROI LOL

Except, being part of the high hash rate pool isn't necessarily the best strategy.  There is no such thing as 0 fees in this game because you always have your daily maintenance and utilities.  Often, joining the highest hash rate pool means that when that pool does find a block, it's being distributed among a larger group of people who combined have a larger percentage of hash power than you.  So sometimes, by joining a smaller pool, you might not find as many blocks; however, when you do find one, it'll likely result in you getting a larger slice of the pie...

And make sure to take as much advantage of the Faucet as possible, too.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:05:30 AM

Except, being part of the high hash rate pool isn't necessarily the best strategy.  There is no such thing as 0 fees in this game because you always have your daily maintenance and utilities.  Often, joining the highest hash rate pool means that when that pool does find a block, it's being distributed among a larger group of people who combined have a larger percentage of hash power than you.  So sometimes, by joining a smaller pool, you might not find as many blocks; however, when you do find one, it'll likely result in you getting a larger slice of the pie...

But just like RL, all you're doing is altering variance. The end result is the same over time, regardless of the pool (as long as the % fees are the same).

Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:40:35 AM

I cant able to log in sites required a captcha, but im not seeing a captcha on page.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:44:05 AM

I cant able to log in sites required a captcha, but im not seeing a captcha on page.

It might be your browser, try chrome or firefox.

Or try refreshing your page? That's all I got.

dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:41:27 AM

I don't get the captch when I open the site on an other page then the website. For example when I go directly to minerfarm.com/claim I get a loginscreen without the captcha. Nothing to do with slow connection.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tennozer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 07:21:47 AM

I don't get the captch when I open the site on an other page then the website. For example when I go directly to minerfarm.com/claim I get a loginscreen without the captcha. Nothing to do with slow connection.

Why do you want to go to directly "minerfarm.com/claim" ? Firstly, you have to login to game site than you can go to claim section.
While you are logining, you will solve a captcha.

dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:26:43 AM

Why do you want to go to directly "minerfarm.com/claim" ? Firstly, you have to login to game site than you can go to claim section.

That's the first url I get in Chrome when I type 'min' in the addressbar.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tennozer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 07:33:55 AM

Ohh okay I understand. Because of some fake account creaters, whe owner of the game have to add captcha controls. I think before this you are using faucet in the game a lot. So your browser is showing it on the top.
Maybe you can clear clear your browsr catches about minerfarm then you will try to connect this site with "nerfarm.com/index.php".
So you will see the login screen with captcha.
That's the first url I get in Chrome when I type 'min' in the addressbar.

ElscottHavoc

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 03:00:09 PM

But just like RL, all you're doing is altering variance. The end result is the same over time, regardless of the pool (as long as the % fees are the same).

Ah, you are correct in terms of what I wrote as I was thinking incorrectly, what I was meaning to mention was not the daily maintenance and utilities, it was the technician and engineering fees that I was thinking of.  Those particular ones have fees per block found, so if you are in a pool that finds a block and your earnings per block found in that particular pool are not enough to offset those fees for technicians and engineers, then you do have to find a smaller pool where your percentage of earnings per block found is high enough to offset those fees.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

So how's everyone hashing? The prices for a 20 GH/s miner is too pricey atm. Also, can I know some of your strategies in terms of repairing your miners? Mine is at 84% at 9 GH/s. At what percent do you guys repair yours? I'm looking at 80% before I spend some to get it repaired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: