Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006444 times)
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:06:54 AM

So again from my view on working inside Cryptsy the Garza thing just isn't a path as far as Paul. There were some talks but mostly related to InsideBTC in Las Vegas and him wanting to be a part of Cryptsy. That never happened. Can't speak much to Marshall he was there about 5-6 months before he left. As far as the SEC Marshall Long being CTO was not a secret. Honestly most of the stuff you guys are talking about is available to them. I know on the paycoin thing action was taken not sure on the legalities of me speaking to it at this point. When I was at Cryptsy the Fincen stuff was a pain in the ass because its actually illegal for them to comment if someone did something.

I saw lots of posts when I was there where a guy would say his stuff is frozen etc. 99% of the time it was he was flagged and reported to Fincen. But the stupid law says you cant tell them that. It was a painful restriction. So lets say a company did something wrong who was a customer it was likely filed as a SAR. The big downfall with that is Cryptsy couldn't say hey yeah its fucked up so we reported it to Fincen. As that would be considered informing someone they were under investigation. At least my understanding.

I'll add I definitely don't think the current issues are SAR related lol. Unless the system started flagging all users.

As far as what your saying Peon. I don't work there don't really care I'm just telling folks what I know from being an insider within the bounds of the NDA I signed. There are plenty of folks working there who would be all over it if that was the case (at least my opinion) and they would not stay.

So what discussions has Cryptsy had with the SEC? Do you think Cryptsy can survive the run-on-the-bank scenario they are facing? People seem to think it looks like they are surviving on on their deposits hoping they can cope with the day-to-day operating margins to stay afloat. If they had to return all customer funds, do you think they could do it?

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 03:10:09 AM

So again from my view on working inside Cryptsy the Garza thing just isn't a path as far as Paul. There were some talks but mostly related to InsideBTC in Las Vegas and him wanting to be a part of Cryptsy. That never happened. Can't speak much to Marshall he was there about 5-6 months before he left. As far as the SEC Marshall Long being CTO was not a secret. Honestly most of the stuff you guys are talking about is available to them. I know on the paycoin thing action was taken not sure on the legalities of me speaking to it at this point. When I was at Cryptsy the Fincen stuff was a pain in the ass because its actually illegal for them to comment if someone did something.

I saw lots of posts when I was there where a guy would say his stuff is frozen etc. 99% of the time it was he was flagged and reported to Fincen. But the stupid law says you cant tell them that. It was a painful restriction. So lets say a company did something wrong who was a customer it was likely filed as a SAR. The big downfall with that is Cryptsy couldn't say hey yeah its fucked up so we reported it to Fincen. As that would be considered informing someone they were under investigation. At least my understanding.

I'll add I definitely don't think the current issues are SAR related lol. Unless the system started flagging all users.

As far as what your saying Peon. I don't work there don't really care I'm just telling folks what I know from being an insider within the bounds of the NDA I signed. There are plenty of folks working there who would be all over it if that was the case (at least my opinion) and they would not stay.

So what discussions has Cryptsy had with the SEC? Do you think Cryptsy can survive the run-on-the-bank scenario they are facing? People seem to think it looks like they are surviving on on their deposits hoping they can cope with the day-to-day operating margins to stay afloat. If they had to return all customer funds, do you think they could do it?

Hell no, all those deposits are going to fund / float Big Vern's new Chinese Cryptsy knock-off exchange...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:10:15 AM

Your comments are interesting BitJohn, to say the least. Smiley Thanks for your insider perspective. We appreciate your feedback. Although, bound by your NDA, it is like reading the back of a bound book. There is so much fruit inside, yet you can not open the book, due to the tightly locked buckle put around it. Tongue

Care to share the Cryptsy cold storage Bitcoin wallet link?  Wink
BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:13:25 AM

I think Paul will do what he can to make things right. What the future holds not sure probably been out of the loop to long. I have my own ideas etc but again I cant go into to much detail since I signed papers. I just think some of the plots and wild elaborate conspiracies are a bit tin foil hatty. Just knowing the people (At least I think I do)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:16:47 AM

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Cryptsy's intimate connection."

"Cryptsy's intimate connection to who?"

"Cryptsy's intimate connection to the Garza family and Paycoin scam may be of much interest to the SEC since they are taking Josh Garza to court over scamming people out of approximately $20,000,000.00 with his mining contracts shared profit scam.

They may also take an interest in the fact that Cryptsy.com users are waiting weeks, even months for a few hundred dollars in Bitcoin, yet some wacko peonminer proved that their Cryptsy.com-old and new wallets are shuffling thousands of dollars of Bitcoin to a rogue wallet, which is then sent to a $6,000,000.00 address that is appeared to be used in mixing Bitcoins.

They may also be interested in the privy information that may be connecting that mixing address to the Scryptsy scam and another HYIP scam that has recently popped up."

"Oh. Um. Yeah. Don't come in. We have no idea what you're talking about. All of those connections are probably wrong. I'm not sure, but it just doesn't make sense. I would think someone would have caught that by now. Just come back In Two Weeks™. Mein Fuhrer should be back from China then. By the way, his visit to China has nothing to do with www.bitebi9.com so stop digging, um, I mean, knocking. Oh, and if the SEC asks, you never heard of Scryptsy.com or Mintsy.com . . . understood? I mean, we don't have a clue about those sites either."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mintsy-launches-cloud-mining-service-cryptographic-proof-hashrate-1432243602

Mintsy recently announced a launch of its new cloud mining service as the first digital currency cloud mining company to use proof-of-reserves, accomplished through cryptographic proof-of-hashrate.

Bitcoin Magazine sat down with Marshall Long, who is the CTO of Cryptsy, and more recently CTO and board member at Mintsy, to discuss what he says is unprecedented innovation in the realm of cloud mining.

Mintsy provides users with malleable contracts, which assuages any worries on being locked into a contract they no longer need. Long says users are “able to sell their remaining contract time on the Mintsy marketplace where other folks may want a shorter contract and can bid on contracts that are up for sale by the user.”

Mining the Future

At the time of this post, Mintsy is made up of 20 people, and is the result of a joint venture between Terraboss Inc. and digitalBTC. The development team is spread out between the United States and London, while the majority of the accounting takes place in Australia. DigitalBTC is an Australian company that is publicly traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the ticker DCC.
With a bitcoin mining pool going strong at more than 5 PH/s, Mintsy offers SHA-256 and Scrypt contracts ranging with flexible three-month and six-month contracts, although “more exotic algorithm contracts will be online soon.”

Thinking Outside The Box: Cryptographic Proof of Hashrate
Long, a serial entrepreneur in the fields of Bitcoin, drones and manufacturing, explains that previously, many cloud-based mining services “got away with lots of bitcoin in the beginning because nobody demanded proof of what they were selling.”

He explains that Mintsy will circumvent all of the problems relating to the auditing that their accounting staff may have to deal with, since all of their hashrate information will be transparent.
Naysayers are given proof that the cloud mining company is not double-selling hashrates, instead running a 100 percent full reserve by having all of their information accessible on the blockchain.

Long has been working with Bitcoin core developer Peter Todd to implement the cryptographic proof-of-hashrate for Mintsy. This feature is still in development with a planned release in mid- June.
Another feature that Mintsy will have is the ability for users to use the website’s service and rent out their rigs to other users for a fee, much like Betarigs.

In the meantime, users can limit their luck variance by allowing their customer base to “take their contract and point it to any pool.” When users don’t put all of their eggs in one basket, the choice in picking their mining pools is “not only transparent, it’s more efficient since your [one] pool is not lucky all the time.”

But is Cloud Mining still profitable?

It’s no surprise that conventional mining is not as easy as it used to be.

“If your electricity bill is very high, then there is no way you can make money mining even with the most advanced of chips,” explains Marshall. To him, cloud mining not only helps those who don’t have access to cheap power, but also provides new users with a way to ease into mining for a very small fee. The company’s smallest contract costs a little under $20, and users can always trade contracts on the Mintsy marketplace.

So, Marshall Long is co-founder of Cryptsy, CTO of Cryptsy, CTO of Project Investors, CTO of Mintsy, and was trying to crawl in bed with Josh Garza while living with Jaime Garza, but had nothing to do with Paycoin, GAW, etc. Hell, I don't even think my bud, Leroy Fodor, could've came with up that story.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:21:15 AM

Your comments are interesting BitJohn, to say the least. Smiley Thanks for your insider perspective. We appreciate your feedback. Although, bound by your NDA, it is like reading the back of a bound book. There is so much fruit inside, yet you can not open the book, due to the tightly locked buckle put around it. Tongue

Care to share the Cryptsy cold storage Bitcoin wallet link?  Wink

I actually had zero access to wallets don't know that info. Very few people did. I know I wish I could just say it all haha. I am completely out of the crypto space moving on to the real world. It was fun and exciting but insane and full of drama. I would never work at another crypto based company again. The people at Cryptsy were awesome for the most part and it was fun but lots of stress and never ending drama. Which if you lok around is Crypto in general.

Even BTC is just controlled by big pump and dump groups... Reading that all these people have had contact with one another at one point never surprises me. Shouldn't surprise any of you honestly. Doesn't make them all bad but they all reach out to one another at some point. There are chat rooms with just exchange support teams in them for instance most dead now, but at one point they were used to coordinate against hackers and big dumps so someone couldn't rob one exchange and dump at another the money got tracked for the most part and frozen by the other exchange. BTC-e MtGox when it was a thing all participated.

I plan to hang out in this thread because I want to see where it all goes but everything else crypto in the words of Mr Wonderful "Is dead to me".
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:22:53 AM

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Cryptsy's intimate connection."

"Cryptsy's intimate connection to who?"

"Cryptsy's intimate connection to the Garza family and Paycoin scam may be of much interest to the SEC since they are taking Josh Garza to court over scamming people out of approximately $20,000,000.00 with his mining contracts shared profit scam.

They may also take an interest in the fact that Cryptsy.com users are waiting weeks, even months for a few hundred dollars in Bitcoin, yet some wacko peonminer proved that their Cryptsy.com-old and new wallets are shuffling thousands of dollars of Bitcoin to a rogue wallet, which is then sent to a $6,000,000.00 address that is appeared to be used in mixing Bitcoins.

They may also be interested in the privy information that may be connecting that mixing address to the Scryptsy scam and another HYIP scam that has recently popped up."

"Oh. Um. Yeah. Don't come in. We have no idea what you're talking about. All of those connections are probably wrong. I'm not sure, but it just doesn't make sense. I would think someone would have caught that by now. Just come back In Two Weeks™. Mein Fuhrer should be back from China then. By the way, his visit to China has nothing to do with www.bitebi9.com so stop digging, um, I mean, knocking. Oh, and if the SEC asks, you never heard of Scryptsy.com or Mintsy.com . . . understood? I mean, we don't have a clue about those sites either."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mintsy-launches-cloud-mining-service-cryptographic-proof-hashrate-1432243602

Mintsy recently announced a launch of its new cloud mining service as the first digital currency cloud mining company to use proof-of-reserves, accomplished through cryptographic proof-of-hashrate.

Bitcoin Magazine sat down with Marshall Long, who is the CTO of Cryptsy, and more recently CTO and board member at Mintsy, to discuss what he says is unprecedented innovation in the realm of cloud mining.

Mintsy provides users with malleable contracts, which assuages any worries on being locked into a contract they no longer need. Long says users are “able to sell their remaining contract time on the Mintsy marketplace where other folks may want a shorter contract and can bid on contracts that are up for sale by the user.”

Mining the Future

At the time of this post, Mintsy is made up of 20 people, and is the result of a joint venture between Terraboss Inc. and digitalBTC. The development team is spread out between the United States and London, while the majority of the accounting takes place in Australia. DigitalBTC is an Australian company that is publicly traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the ticker DCC.
With a bitcoin mining pool going strong at more than 5 PH/s, Mintsy offers SHA-256 and Scrypt contracts ranging with flexible three-month and six-month contracts, although “more exotic algorithm contracts will be online soon.”

Thinking Outside The Box: Cryptographic Proof of Hashrate
Long, a serial entrepreneur in the fields of Bitcoin, drones and manufacturing, explains that previously, many cloud-based mining services “got away with lots of bitcoin in the beginning because nobody demanded proof of what they were selling.”

He explains that Mintsy will circumvent all of the problems relating to the auditing that their accounting staff may have to deal with, since all of their hashrate information will be transparent.
Naysayers are given proof that the cloud mining company is not double-selling hashrates, instead running a 100 percent full reserve by having all of their information accessible on the blockchain.

Long has been working with Bitcoin core developer Peter Todd to implement the cryptographic proof-of-hashrate for Mintsy. This feature is still in development with a planned release in mid- June.
Another feature that Mintsy will have is the ability for users to use the website’s service and rent out their rigs to other users for a fee, much like Betarigs.

In the meantime, users can limit their luck variance by allowing their customer base to “take their contract and point it to any pool.” When users don’t put all of their eggs in one basket, the choice in picking their mining pools is “not only transparent, it’s more efficient since your [one] pool is not lucky all the time.”

But is Cloud Mining still profitable?

It’s no surprise that conventional mining is not as easy as it used to be.

“If your electricity bill is very high, then there is no way you can make money mining even with the most advanced of chips,” explains Marshall. To him, cloud mining not only helps those who don’t have access to cheap power, but also provides new users with a way to ease into mining for a very small fee. The company’s smallest contract costs a little under $20, and users can always trade contracts on the Mintsy marketplace.

So, Marshall Long is co-founder of Cryptsy, CTO of Cryptsy, CTO of Project Investors, CTO of Mintsy, and was trying to crawl in bed with Josh Garza while living with Jaime Garza, but had nothing to do with Paycoin, GAW, etc. Hell, I don't even think my bud, Leroy Fodor, could've came up that story.

So I definitely cannot speak to any association he had you'd have to ask him. Not sure on the timelines either. He was definitely not the co founder of Cryptsy haha.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:23:42 AM

Tongue Grin Cheesy Wink
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:28:10 AM

Lol I just really didn't know him well and he was only with the company for about 5 months ish.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:31:37 AM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:32:40 AM

So I definitely cannot speak to any association he had you'd have to ask him. Not sure on the timelines either. He was definitely not the co founder of Cryptsy haha.

http://www.imediaconnection.com/profiles/iMedia_PC_Bio.aspx?ID=66373#bios

According to Marshall Long he is, or does Cryptsy allow anybody to claim to be a co-founder of Cryptsy sans evoking a cease and desist order?
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:33:44 AM

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:34:12 AM

According to Marshall Long he is, or does Cryptsy allow anybody to claim to be a co-founder of Cryptsy sans evoking a cease and desist order?

So he said it on more than one occasion when he was CTO.... I think hes implying he helped with the Canadian site so you can run wild with that one.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:36:27 AM

crazyphire

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:37:43 AM

JUST CONVERTED TO DOGE COIN TODAY.  WITHDREW TO POLONIEX.  THEN SAID WAIT... WITHDREW TO MY OWN WALLET

Everyone in the chat today is still in denial.

Glad I got out when I could.

Didn't lose much USD value because of the recent jump in BTC.

At least it was DOGE, not some other garbage coin.

I always liked DOGE.  The fun and friendly internet currency!

I hate Cryptsy.  I'll never, ever, deposit funds there again.  I hope bigvern goes to prison.

Thanks for reading!
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:40:59 AM

well that dude is just a crook much like garza and him saying something doesn't mean shit

as I said dig through gaw e-mails when you have a minute you'll see what i mean

not to defend cryptsy though they were obviously high on something if they hired that idiot
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:46:57 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 01:03:16 AM by Gleb Gamow

https://angel.co/cryptsy/activity

Went from Cryptsy co-founder to trying to bed Josh Garza at $150/trick to CTO of Cryptsy to CTO of Mintsy to investor to no longer CTO at Cryptsy to Paul Vernon thanking Marshall Long for not having to repay the investment.

jesselivermore

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:52:21 AM

https://angel.co/cryptsy/activity

Went from Cryptsy co-founder to trying to bed Josh Garza at $150/trick to CTO of Cryptsy to CTO of Mintsy to investor to no longer CTO at Cryptsy to Paul Vernon thanking Marshall Long for not having to repay the investment.

Good work Gleb :-)

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:08:31 AM

GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:37:04 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 05:30:33 AM by GoldSeal

Just withdrew 1454 CSC and they took the request and it was sent 5 minutes later. Pretty smooth actually.

CasinoCoin   CMUMq6WNpk1EjoMoiVuETRcEwxKAGJstZT   1454.33000000 CSC   Yes   2015-12-21 23:28:56
Processed   TrxID: 3e244d4e828a0a156ba1c75c651277e2a6aafd7650e9225aa3e6b787ae9415ee @ 2015-12-21 23:32:08

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: