Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
gargouri2001

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:31:50 AM

so first mtgox then cryptsy , who is next   Angry ,
we seating here like idiots while mtgox and cryptsy owner seating on our millions  somewhere on the beach laughing hard
fuck u cryptsy once more

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Libertymind

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:32:14 AM

Why would either of those roles have access to Cryptsy's financials?

I did investigations on customer accounts, never needing access to our own. Does someone who is an investigations officer at somewhere like HSBC have access to the banks personal financials? obviously not, because there is no need to.

If you work somewhere and can't tell things are off, you're either willfully ignoring facts in front of your face, or you're just an idiot. I don't know you so I won't take a guess as to which.

I only knew things were off the last couple of months since these issues started. I had no idea what it was so I gave my employer benefit of the doubt. They said it would be fixed and I believed them. I had no idea if it was technical or financial. At the end of the day, I still had to do my job and it wasn't anything to do with this shit, believe me. I threatened to resign not long ago if I didn't hear something. I tried my best to hold on as long as I could hoping something good would come of it but it didn't. Anyways, I guess it is a bunch of shoulda-woulda-coulda's. I'll do my best to try to help in coin theft investigation, but at this point that's all I can do.
A lot of people trusted you. Including me. Up to the very end when you came back in support of Cryptsy stronger than ever. That trust gave people comfort to stay. And even deposit more. This is much worse than you try to downplay it to be. You gave Crptysy more credibility than anyone else I could think of, because of the respect and authority you commanded.
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:35:58 AM

Well fuck.... I don't even know what to say...

I found out about the blog post when a customer called me and told me it was up. I found that irritating to say the least....

Again, I never worked with any wallets, had access to any wallets or any code. I ran investigations and customer end security ( like 2fa and getting back into hacked accounts)

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

In the mean time I don't mind trying to answer any questions I can and I know trolls are gonna troll hard at the moment. I'd be trolling too so I can't blame them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame it's come to an end like this.

Are you that far out of the loop that after the story broke last night, you being one of the few remaining employees of Cryptsy just got wind of what's going on via a customer alerting you to Paul's blog post? I bet that was embarrassing.

Horus: How may I help you?
Customer: Blah blah blah, and did you hear the latest?
Horus: No, what?
Customer: The ten million dollars stolen from Cryptsy. Here's the link to the blog post.
Horus: Oh my fuckin' God! Surprise surprise surprise! Thanks. Guess I need to pen a post for BCT. They'll believe me, I'm sure of it.

As of two days ago, we recognized you as still being on Cryptsy's payroll. Exactly how and when were you informed that you were no longer on the payroll? Surely, it happened some time after this mysterious customer brought it to your attention of Paul's blog post, eh?

Yes, Apparently I was that far out of the loop. I legitimately found out when a customer called me and said it was up. I assumed I was no longer on payroll because with the site locked, I no longer have a job to do. The customer isn't mysterious, he is a well known customer and been around a few exchanges before us. He actually called me, and I said when I hear something I would call him back, then he called me right back and informed me about the blog post. I did find it embarrassing, yes.   I am not corporate level at Cryptsy, 95% of decisions, unless it has to do with 2fa or investigations, don't ever come near me. I get you guys are upset and looking for facts, unfortunately I have just about as much info as you guys. I know people will want to fight that fact, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. I popped into IRC last night and spoke with some people, answered any questions I could and saw this today and thought I'd comment.

Your timeline doesn't make any sense. Not aware of anything last night in spite of being on IRC last night, but got wind of the theft via a customer (mysterious to us, not you) late in the day today, popped in here to let us know that you now know what's up and are no longer employed, but now only assuming that you're not employed by what you've read but not served any official docs stating such. Let us guess: Paul Vernon locked the site after your shift ended on Friday to make sure you were paid for a full day's work. Are we close in that regard?

I may be an idiot, but at least I don't give myself eggnog enemas. Let me rephrase that. I may be an idiot... (new punchline pending).

I was informed by customer yesterday in the late evening, right after blog post went up apparently. I went onto IRC about 3-4 am I believe.  I have not been served papers saying I no longer have a job, but if site is bankrupt I seriously doubt I'd be getting my next pay when it's due. As I said, I will try to help find the coins, but my position as head of investigations for cryptsy, I'm assuming, is done. My schedule actually had me not working on Fridays, although I usually did anyways.  I get you guys are on the hunt but you're literally barking up wrong tree. I just happen to be the only one commenting here so I understand everyones anger is directed towards me
WhaleOrNot

Activity: 136

I'm Embarrassed to be here

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:36:00 AM

Remember when BV attempted to impliment 2% Ballance rebates? NXT just announced the very same thing..hmmm.JL777 = Big Squirm? I seen that shit & instantly unfollowed em. Seems like the same business model, a lure to keep you in.. ffs if you cant trade BTC with leverage and make 2% trades all day..your fucking dumb as balls.
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:36:23 AM

FWIW, Horus was the only person at Craptsy I trusted at all...

I spoke with him several times, and he strikes me as an honest man trying to do his job

If anyone dropped the ball, maybe Mullick... he always struck me as a shady character... he was in charge of wallets and almost certainly knew about the theft 18 months ago...

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:36:36 AM

so first mtgox then cryptsy , who is next   Angry ,
we seating here like idiots while mtgox and cryptsy owner seating on our millions  somewhere on the beach laughing hard
fuck u cryptsy once more

More like in jail.. serious
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:38:00 AM

I knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. I gave my employer the benefit of the doubt and believed them and apparently it was the wrong decision. Hindsight is always 20/20 man. Even if I wanted to, there was no way for me to access our own financials to look.

You've told us several times you didn't have access to the financials. However you knew something was off and you had access to the countless customer complaints. Was that not enough of a red flag for you? You know what did it for me? A big LTC deposit was "lost" for weeks. You know how I got it back? A BBB complaint. That told me everything I needed to know and I'm just an end user. This isn't about hindsight. It's about making bad decisions when faced with information you've had the entire time.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:38:20 AM

I did investigations on customer accounts, never needing access to our own. Does someone who is an investigations officer at somewhere like HSBC have access to the banks personal financials? obviously not, because there is no need to.

If you work somewhere and can't tell things are off, you're either willfully ignoring facts in front of your face, or you're just an idiot. I don't know you so I won't take a guess as to which.

I only knew things were off the last couple of months since these issues started. I had no idea what it was so I gave my employer benefit of the doubt. They said it would be fixed and I believed them. I had no idea if it was technical or financial. At the end of the day, I still had to do my job and it wasn't anything to do with this shit, believe me. I threatened to resign not long ago if I didn't hear something. I tried my best to hold on as long as I could hoping something good would come of it but it didn't. Anyways, I guess it is a bunch of shoulda-woulda-coulda's. I'll do my best to try to help in coin theft investigation, but at this point that's all I can do.
A lot of people trusted you. Including me. Up to the very end when you came back in support of Cryptsy stronger than ever. That trust gave people comfort to stay. And even deposit more. This is much worse than you try to downplay it to be. You gave Crptysy more credibility than anyone else I could think of, because of the respect and authority you commanded.

I really am truly sorry for that. I believed my bosses, of course I'm going to try to support something I believed in. I really don't know what to say for that crap. Just know that if I knew something like this was the case I would have been gone a long time ago. Im too young and early into my career to want to be affected by shit like this, I would have been gone in a second had I known.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:38:43 AM

The reason I created Horus, was not because I didnt want people to know I was Jd, which I have stated multiple time in public -- I created the pseudonym because I worked in anti-terrorist financing and investigations.

It's amazing how they're always the last to know about a ten million dollar theft.

Edited to relay what I was trying to relay. You're an investigation dude failing at investigation.

Pretending you're married, if myriad dudes told you that your wife was cheating on you and that cum stains in her underwear were not yours, would you continue to be happily married because she looked you in the eye everyday and told you that there's nobody else in her life but you while fuckin' your brains out on the bed she fucked some other dudes (plural, because she's a slut) on hours earlier while you were at work conducting investigations?
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:38:55 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:40:48 AM

I doubt anyone doing CS & PR knew what was going on because they wouldn't be very effective in their job if they did. Sure they knew something was wrong, but I doubt they knew the details. They are paid to represent the company & protect company interests, they aren't auditors of co finances.

The best clues of what was going on were the official news releases and lack there of

-- they never posted the obligatory boilerplate "All your coins are safe"

-- the speculation in the chat box was pretty bad, so if the actual news were better than the speculation, it would have been released quick. It meant the news was really really bad.

I mentioned these in the chatbox(different nick) and there were loads of other clues too, but these are what stood out to me that something was seriously wrong

Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:42:04 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:44:09 AM

So you work in "investigations" yet didn't investigate your prospective employer?

A Google search reveals:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.foopile.com

LukeRocksALot

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:47:52 AM

i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy a few hours ago in a standing order for DOGE, that order got cancelled, and now my balance is at 0.00 BTC

Can anybody else confirm?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:48:29 AM

Did the lease of the office-cum-residence in Canada end today or thereabouts?

Were you residing in said residence?
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:48:38 AM

The reason I created Horus, was not because I didnt want people to know I was Jd, which I have stated multiple time in public -- I created the pseudonym because I worked in anti-terrorist financing and investigations.

It's amazing how they're always the last to know about a ten million dollar theft.

Edited to relay what I was trying to relay. You're an investigation dude failing at investigation.

Pretending you're married, if myriad dudes told you that your wife was cheating on you and that cum stains in her underwear were not yours, would you continue to be happily married because she looked you in the eye everyday and told you that there's nobody else in her life but you while fuckin' your brains out on the bed she fucked some other dudes (plural, because she's a slut) on hours earlier while you were at work conducting investigations?

youre being over dramatic in traditional Gleb fashion. Did you have any solid evidence pertaining to Cryptsy financials? Because you had about same level of access I did. Yes, people in community were getting upset, and I noticed it. That is why I threatened to resign. I admitted I drank the koolaid and believed my bosses. Obviously the wrong decision. Anyways, I came to explain what I know/knew. I've had to do some major thinking before post because after finding this shit out, I don't know , of what I know if fact or fiction. I get that by being here Im the one who is gonna face brunt of insults even though I had nothing to do with it. My skin is thick and  I will try to explain or answer any questions that I may know answer to, which apparently isnt much at this point.  
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:50:50 AM

With exactly what tools at your disposal will you be able to conduct such an investigation, unless Cryptsy will allow you full assess to the data?
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:51:28 AM

youre being over dramatic in traditional Gleb fashion. Did you have any solid evidence pertaining to Cryptsy financials? Because you had about same level of access I did. Yes, people in community were getting upset, and I noticed it. That is why I threatened to resign. I admitted I drank the koolaid and believed my bosses. Obviously the wrong decision. Anyways, I came to explain what I know/knew. I've had to do some major thinking before post because after finding this shit out, I don't know , of what I know if fact or fiction. I get that by being here Im the one who is gonna face brunt of insults even though I had nothing to do with it. My skin is thick and  I will try to explain or answer any questions that I may know answer to, which apparently isnt much at this point.  

The problem seems to be that you're having a hard time admitting you were complicit in this. You didn't resign, you only threatened to. And you knew something was wrong by your own admission. And it wasn't until things really fell apart and Paul Vernon spoke up that you decided to save some face. Yeah Gleb's dramatic but he's right.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:53:37 AM

So.. You just lied - You won't actually quit over being fucked over like this? You're going to actually HELP find the coins? FFS, what a phony all you "cryminals" are. LOL.

Horus is going to conduct investigations now that he has free time and collecting an unemployment check affording him a livelihood while seeking new employment in the investigation field he has a degree in from college.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:54:02 AM

With exactly what tools at your disposal will you be able to conduct such an investigation, unless Cryptsy will allow you full assess to the data?

Same tools as everyone else at the moment, watching blockchain, scouring google for a slip up on their part etc. Talking with people submitting anonymous tips through email and stuff like that. I doubt I will personally find the person who did it, but Im willing to help where I can and help listen to community info. 1000 btc is a good bounty and may draw some people out, maybe someone to rat on him, I have no idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: