Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:26:16 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus? 

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.

So, when the CFO and COO left a month or two ago, you reported to nobody. That's interesting!

When COO left he had a replacement already lined up. CFO and COO were examples, I also answered to head of CS as part of my job was answering support tickets and helping customers regain access of their hacked accounts.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:26:34 AM

Well fuck.... I don't even know what to say...

I found out about the blog post when a customer called me and told me it was up. I found that irritating to say the least....

Again, I never worked with any wallets, had access to any wallets or any code. I ran investigations and customer end security ( like 2fa and getting back into hacked accounts)

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

In the mean time I don't mind trying to answer any questions I can and I know trolls are gonna troll hard at the moment. I'd be trolling too so I can't blame them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame it's come to an end like this.

Are you that far out of the loop that after the story broke last night, you being one of the few remaining employees of Cryptsy just got wind of what's going on via a customer alerting you to Paul's blog post? I bet that was embarrassing.

Horus: How may I help you?
Customer: Blah blah blah, and did you hear the latest?
Horus: No, what?
Customer: The ten million dollars stolen from Cryptsy. Here's the link to the blog post.
Horus: Oh my fuckin' God! Surprise surprise surprise! Thanks. Guess I need to pen a post for BCT. They'll believe me, I'm sure of it.

As of two days ago, we recognized you as still being on Cryptsy's payroll. Exactly how and when were you informed that you were no longer on the payroll? Surely, it happened some time after this mysterious customer brought it to your attention of Paul's blog post, eh?

I feel like Cryptsy bankrolls an entire team of 'excuse writers'.  Anyone with half a brain wouldn't believe shit from ANYONE working that scam exchange.  

Big Turd Vern's ENTIRE twitter are posts saying 'oh sorry, this happened so fuck you and we'll keep your money' or 'guys, hackers did it say goodbye to your deposits' and everything else that can possibly pass for an excuse.

Now this dude's pulling the same type of shit; feigning ignorance and backing out.  

But I believe you...holy crap the naivety of some people
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:29:03 AM

youre being over dramatic in traditional Gleb fashion. Did you have any solid evidence pertaining to Cryptsy financials? Because you had about same level of access I did. Yes, people in community were getting upset, and I noticed it. That is why I threatened to resign. I admitted I drank the koolaid and believed my bosses. Obviously the wrong decision. Anyways, I came to explain what I know/knew. I've had to do some major thinking before post because after finding this shit out, I don't know , of what I know if fact or fiction. I get that by being here Im the one who is gonna face brunt of insults even though I had nothing to do with it. My skin is thick and  I will try to explain or answer any questions that I may know answer to, which apparently isnt much at this point.  

The problem seems to be that you're having a hard time admitting you were complicit in this. You didn't resign, you only threatened to. And you knew something was wrong by your own admission. And it wasn't until things really fell apart and Paul Vernon spoke up that you decided to save some face. Yeah Gleb's dramatic but he's right.

I'm dramatic; Spoetnic's right. BTW, where the fuck is he?
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:29:35 AM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/

Hello?

Wake up buddy - it's gone.  Over.  Goodbye.

Im saying i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy yesterday, and now my balance says zip, nada, nothing..If a class action lawsuit happened, i would need my account to show that i had that much lost.

That's why I took screen captures to have some evidence, just in case.

It unlikely to matter though.

Evidence? Screenshots aren't evidence of dick.

If they have any assets... and that's a HUGE IF... The only evidence presented in a court would be whatever they can collect in depositions and any records that Big Vern isn't deleting right now.

DO you people realize, he could be destroying that information right now if he hasn't already?

If you are a Cryptsy employee and don't want to spend more time in prison than you may have to, you should be protecting data from Paul Edward Vernon right fucking now.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
WhaleOrNot

Activity: 136

I'm Embarrassed to be here

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:30:53 AM

I just filed a ticket for the hell of it.. lol HEY I cant trade, dep or withdraw..but my balance is off by 1/3 *gets popcorn* lol
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:31:35 AM

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have updated it, read!

I’m seeking known leaders in the community who want to participate in an advisory board on how we can keep Cryptsy operational for the users.

Gleb, has Paul reached out to you yet or is he lying again?
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:33:06 AM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/

Hello?

Im saying i had 3.46 BTC on cryptsy yesterday, and now my balance says zip, nada, nothing..If a class action lawsuit happened, i would need my account to show that i had that much lost.

That's why I took screen captures to have some evidence, just in case.

It unlikely to matter though.

Evidence? Screenshots aren't evidence of dick.

If they have any assets... and that's a HUGE IF... The only evidence presented in a court would be whatever they can collect in depositions and any records that Big Vern isn't deleting right now.

DO you people realize, he could be destroying that information right now if he hasn't already?

If you are a Cryptsy employee and don't want to spend more time in prison than you may have to, you should be protecting data from Paul Edward Vernon right fucking now.
any chance the CEO of cryptsy will arest to the jail ?

Yes. He's screwed. He can get arrested for being an accessory after the fact, aiding & abetting, compunding a felony, not filing a SAR for the $10m suspicious withdrawal that he seems to have 'allowed', and other miscellaneous violations such as commingling customer funds.

This dude is seriously screwed.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:33:50 AM

I just filed a ticket for the hell of it.. lol HEY I cant trade, dep or withdraw..but my balance is off by 1/3 *gets popcorn* lol

I asked and they said everyone should see proper balances soon. There was an issue with password resets not working and apparently that issue is fixed as well now. Just passing along info Im getting.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:34:27 AM

Had Sherlock Horus done an 'investigation' of Vern prior to his employment, he would have found this with a quick Google search:

http://www.bestpennyauctions.net/2011/10/31/no-longer-recommend-foopile-com-penny-bidding-site/

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.foopile.com
Libertymind

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:35:01 AM

I’m seeking known leaders in the community who want to participate in an advisory board on how we can keep Cryptsy operational for the users.

If you can raise a couple million bucks, this is totally doable. Just remember the money is spent, to go to the members who are owed.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:36:30 AM

If Paul has even 4 brain cells operating simultaneously he's already in a non-extradition country. There's no scenario where he stays in the US and doesn't end up in the Fed Hotel.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:38:40 AM

HORUS

ok enough arguing about stupid shit..

Start your redemption attempt.. STEP 1..

Drop the names rank/title/job description of everyone you know that worked there.. CFO CTO COO whatever down to the janitors.

Then tell us who of them all you think could have something to do with this..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:43:36 AM

Why would either of those roles have access to Cryptsy's financials?

I did investigations on customer accounts, never needing access to our own. Does someone who is an investigations officer at somewhere like HSBC have access to the banks personal financials? obviously not, because there is no need to.

If you work somewhere and can't tell things are off, you're either willfully ignoring facts in front of your face, or you're just an idiot. I don't know you so I won't take a guess as to which.

I only knew things were off the last couple of months since these issues started. I had no idea what it was so I gave my employer benefit of the doubt. They said it would be fixed and I believed them. I had no idea if it was technical or financial. At the end of the day, I still had to do my job and it wasn't anything to do with this shit, believe me. I threatened to resign not long ago if I didn't hear something. I tried my best to hold on as long as I could hoping something good would come of it but it didn't. Anyways, I guess it is a bunch of shoulda-woulda-coulda's. I'll do my best to try to help in coin theft investigation, but at this point that's all I can do.

With exactly what tools at your disposal will you be able to conduct such an investigation, unless Cryptsy will allow you full assess to the data?

Same tools as everyone else at the moment, watching blockchain, scouring google for a slip up on their part etc. Talking with people submitting anonymous tips through email and stuff like that. I doubt I will personally find the person who did it, but Im willing to help where I can and help listen to community info. 1000 btc is a good bounty and may draw some people out, maybe someone to rat on him, I have no idea.

Excellent answer (one that I was hoping to read, to be honest)! So, you're goin' to use the very tools we used to enlighten you with facts pertaining to the dude you were employed by to out out the dude you were employed by when said tools were of no count as evidence that something was amiss. Remember the creamed underwear analogy I used earlier? Taste! Salty, whereas your cream is sweet, ergo da boss (wife) is lyin', and via Google she's lied and cheated myriad times in the past but don't investigate such until you come home one day and she's flew the coop.

Dramatic Rooster Sees Available Hen

Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:44:47 AM

HORUS

Drop the names rank/title/job description of everyone you know that worked there.. CFO CTO COO whatever down to the janitors.

Only person who had access to BTC and LTC was and always has been, Paul.

No body else in the company had access to those as far as I know.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:46:08 AM

HORUS

Not even mullick (or however you spell his name) the wallet master had access to coin?

Really?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:47:27 AM

HORUS

Not even mullick (or however you spell his name) the wallet master had access to coin?

Really?

At no point that I know of did Mullick have access to BTC or LTC. As I mentioned before , this is what I was told, but I truly believe Mullick has never had access to those two wallets.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:48:28 AM

Horus, when was the last time you spoke with Paul? Do you have any means of contacting him? Do we even know it was actually Paul E Vernon posting on that blog?

Paul is actually only with access to that blog ( that I know of )

Three simple questions seeking simple answers, yet the only one addressed was the one we least cared about. What are the odds?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:51:42 AM

Big Vern wouldn't tell anyone what happened until the class action lawsuit was filed.  Then he knew the game was over.

Horus held on to the scam until Big Vern admitted it was over.

So how well did you know Vern, Horus?  

I've met him twice in real life, but I live in a different country so that isn't too uncommon.  I never really reported directly to bigvern, it was always my bosses like CFO and COO who did.

you often said you'd talk directly to the wallet guys. vern aside the rest of the team can give you an indication of shit not working and why. 3 months is a long time for a company to resolve technical issues benefit of the doubt doesnt last that long.

i can assume your line managers knew shit was wrong. its impossible nobody else insider knowledge or not didnt have a feeling things were up. you either had to believe now that the entire cryptsy staff were dense your managers and all or 1 person vern really did have the secret fix button.

Honest question here horus but if your fiat bank stopped operating for 3 months and your atm requests for $200 only popped out $5 two weeks later but your bank said thanks for your patience.... what would your honest guess be 3 months later? cmon man......

Horus: Hard to answer because I don't know if in your example the bank is on the corner or in the middle of block, or what neighborhood it's in.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:52:33 AM

Horus, when was the last time you spoke with Paul? Do you have any means of contacting him? Do we even know it was actually Paul E Vernon posting on that blog?

Paul is actually only with access to that blog ( that I know of )

Three simple questions seeking simple answers, yet the only one addressed was the one we least cared about. What are the odds?

Alright, Last time I spoke to Paul was asking when he was going to announce the second announcement he mentioned in the phishing blog post.

He said within a couple days.  Only means of contact I have with Paul is through skype. And I rarely get an answer there. I never really had to speak with him directly as my bosses could handle most of my issues.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:57:11 AM

Hello?

We are getting some helpful information to our reward email and want to thank all who are helping to find the culprit.  The vast majority of our users want the Cryptsy exchange to continue operating.

Finally, good news! The team is getting back together and Horus doesn't have to be a hobo on the streets, all thanks to helpful information via email, a communication channel that didn't work when Cryptsy's clients sought answers to their missing millions, but works swell when Paul loses his millions.
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: