Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard)  (Read 961404 times)
losmilos

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:24:58 AM

Another couple of questions
 - will expanse have a proof of stake function similar to ethereum where you can stake 1250 EXP and get a return on that?
 - Does exp need to be ported across from homestead release, is this port being worked on in github?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

update:
it looks like the premine addresses are here

10M no transactions yet
0xbb94f0ceb32257275b2a7a9c094c13e469b4563e

1M, 230k spent so far
0x15656715068ab0dbdf0ab00748a8a19e40f28192

checked on http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/

Is that right?

Coinmarketcap.com states that the total available supply is 1,170,379 EXP.

Coinmarketcap don't list the premine because it is in a semi out-of-circulation state. Basically it isn't availaible to the users, so it isn't counted.

But someone owns those coins and can dump them on the market whenever he or she feels like?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:52:11 AM

Any simple EXP wallets around? What wallet is presently recommended? thanks

I think that the simplest EXP wallet right now, would be a paper wallet. If you'd like to make one, just visit this site: http://exp.rocks and you'll be all set. There is also a GUI wallet for EXP, but it is still in beta stage. You can check it out by visiting the official page at: http://expanse.tech  Hope this helps  Smiley

Thanks - Hoping I can generate a wallet offline though.
Has/is the mist wallet from ethereum been forked to expanse?
My team forked Mist to Expanse blockchain, it will be available in 2-3 days.

Sounds great - I will be watching with interest.
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:34:33 PM

what happens to the price is a joke, no one normal can not buy thiis

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
groomsxxx

Activity: 203

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:39:26 PM

looks as though exp cant rise properly with eth, but it can sure dump in line with eth.   

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
Haunebu81

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:48:40 PM

looks as though exp cant rise properly with eth, but it can sure dump in line with eth.  

LTC is known to act the same way compared to BTC.

But don't worry, the books are so thin that it won't take much to bring it back up again.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:43:12 PM

But don't worry, the books are so thin that it won't take much to bring it back up again.

Check the charts, EXP has gone up significantly with ETH rises in the past, sometimes higher. This connection is a good thing. We will have our own news, and we can also benefit some with changes in ETH.

BTC is rallying a bit and this is totally expected and normal. Should be some good entry prices for ETH and EXP.  Smiley

losmilos

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:51:18 PM

Can someone answer my question about the 10 million premined coins? Who owns them, why are those idle, and what are the plans to do with them?

If those coins will be brought to market, it will have a big influence on the price compared to the 1 million coins which are available for trading at the moment.
Haunebu81

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:10:52 PM

Check the charts, EXP has gone up significantly with ETH rises in the past, sometimes higher. This connection is a good thing. We will have our own news, and we can also benefit some with changes in ETH.

BTC is rallying a bit and this is totally expected and normal. Should be some good entry prices for ETH and EXP.  Smiley

Yeah I think "investors" also get scared by uncertainty. They see ETH dumping and get scared and sell EXP and other alts.
malyan

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:17:16 PM

Can someone answer my question about the 10 million premined coins? Who owns them, why are those idle, and what are the plans to do with them?

If those coins will be brought to market, it will have a big influence on the price compared to the 1 million coins which are available for trading at the moment.
maybe it's a scam?

((^_^))
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:18:28 PM

They have not been touched, they are in cold storage. There will be a smart contract that will lock them up implemented soon. (The contract code is already made)

The way the smart contract works is that it makes them impossible to move for 90 days, and that is 90 days from when the contract is unlocked, and the unlocking is public. This will give us time to get the DAO coded, and make people feel more safe.

Homestead is coded and being updated at a certain block, and I believe after that the test contract goes in, we test that a couple days, and then the time lock contract for the 10 million goes in and then people can feel extra safe. Although the team is public and clearly we are in this for the long run, I think it is crucial that smart contracts are implemented to make people feel even more secure.

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/expanseofficial/

Expanse Roadmap in French by one of the new team members. The news is coming for the team additions, but I figured I could share this now.

losmilos

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:25:11 PM

They have not been touched, they are in cold storage. There will be a smart contract that will lock them up implemented soon. (The contract code is already made)

The way the smart contract works is that it makes them impossible to move for 90 days, and that is 90 days from when the contract is unlocked, and the unlocking is public. This will give us time to get the DAO coded, and make people feel more safe.

Homestead is coded and being updated at a certain block, and I believe after that the test contract goes in, we test that a couple days, and then the time lock contract for the 10 million goes in and then people can feel extra safe. Although the team is public and clearly we are in this for the long run, I think it is crucial that smart contracts are implemented to make people feel even more secure.

Thank you for your answer.

I have no problem with coins being premined for compensating the devs. But it should be communicated openly who owns how many coins. Now it raises doubts. In example it's public knowledge Vitalik owns +600K ETH. No problem, it's well deserved. But if he would have kept it a secret, it could have been a problem when someone found out about it. So it would be wise to communicate who owns those coins and what will happen to them and in which time frame.

It would also be smarter to lock them up in smaller parts. If a contract for 10 million coins is unlocked, the price will plumbed instantly. Those 90 days will have no effect on that. When the announcement is made that the contract for the release of 10 million EXP will be unlocked, all investors will drop the coin and the coin is dead. As long as this is not sorted out it is also a big reason for investors not to invest in EXP. I'm already regretting my investment, because I didn't know this upfront...
peterepeat

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:36:52 PM

I have no problem with coins being premined for compensating the devs. But it should be communicated openly who owns how many coins. Now it raises doubts. In example it's public knowledge Vitalik owns +600K ETH. No problem, it's well deserved. But if he would have kept it a secret, it could have been a problem when someone found out about it. So it would be wise to communicate who owns those coins and what will happen to them and in which time frame.

It would also be smarter to lock them up in smaller parts. If a contract for 10 million coins is unlocked, the price will plumbed instantly. Those 90 days will have no effect on that. When the announcement is made that the contract for the release of 10 million EXP will be unlocked, all investors will drop the coin and the coin is dead. As long as this is not sorted out it is also a big reason for investors not to invest in EXP. I'm already regretting my investment, because I didn't know this upfront...

I agree.
Perhaps set up in 100x 100k EXP blocks locked in individual time locked contracts. This way, they can be unlocked in 100k tranches, used sparingly, and it wont cause the same level of panic.
groomsxxx

Activity: 203

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:54:27 PM

I will agree as well. I own ALOT of exp, but might offload if this is how they are going to distribute them.

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:40:54 PM

I agree.
Perhaps set up in 100x 100k EXP blocks locked in individual time locked contracts. This way, they can be unlocked in 100k tranches, used sparingly, and it wont cause the same level of panic.

The way the DAO works is that about 1% max could be used per month, so there would always be some of the community fund left even if people are voting to use it every month. After the time lock contact is over, it would be replaced with DAO contracts right away, at the same time. We have been working on this for 7 months, and we have around 30k followers combined on social media, we are not anonymous at all, and this is a very serious project. If people want to get in early this might still be the time, if they want to wait that is also an option. If does take time to develop, but I think we have shown that we are very capable of growing the project, and so far I think most people have been pretty happy with the results. Smiley

peterepeat

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:50:24 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 11:06:57 PM by peterepeat

I agree.

The way the DAO works is that about 1% max could be used per month, so there would always be some of the community fund left even if people are voting to use it every month. After the time lock contact is over, it would be replaced with DAO contracts right away, at the same time. We have been working on this for 7 months, and we have around 30k followers combined on social media, we are not anonymous at all, and this is a very serious project. If people want to get in early this might still be the time, if they want to wait that is also an option. If does take time to develop, but I think we have shown that we are very capable of growing the project, and so far I think most people have been pretty happy with the results. Smiley

It may be helpful to those new to expanse if this were more obvious - is there some ELI5, in particular on the coin issuance from the 10M,  the structure of the 10M contract, and what will be happening to the 770k - is this covered by contract also?
Thanks again.

Also, regarding PoS can I go and grab 1250 EXP and stake it like I will be able to with ethereum?
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:14:07 PM

I agree.

It may be helpful to those new to expanse if this were more obvious - is there some ELI5, in particular on the coin issuance from the 10M,  the structure of the 10M contract, and what will be happening to the 770k - is this covered by contract also?
Thanks again.

Also, regarding PoS can I go and grab 1250 EXP and stake it like I will be able to with

The 770k remaining is the team fund that we use sparingly, if you compare to some other projects they use far more than us and run out of funding quickly. We had no ICO and the only payment any devs get is from building up the value. We started at the bottom literally, and have been building it up. To be frank, we want to spend as little as possible so we can stake our coins in the future as we believe in the project, and ideally, I think we can potentially build to a marketcap in the millions. The announcement does detail that the 1 million for the team would be used over 1 year, and it has been around 7 months, so we are under budget if anything. We also never dump coins and we care greatly about building up the value.

The 10 million community fund will be totally controlled with smart contracts and only used as desired by the community at large. If you check the white paper we go into detail about the safeguards and limits. The short version is that the smart contracts will greatly limit the amount that can be released, and this means that even if the community votes poorly, it is possible to correct as there would be time to notice poor spending votes.

http://www.expanse.tech/docs/whitepaper-draft.pdf

As for Proof of Stake, that will come either after ETH goes POS and we will use the same implementation, we might go hybrid, and I know another coder with an option that might compete with Casper and that could be very revolutionary. We are still in talks and discussion about this. I am in favor of it as it could give us a huge competitive edge that might surprise many, but regardless, some form of proof of stake will happen in time.

A new website is coming by the way, and an announcement for the new team members joining. New videos. Much is in progress. I also think as we actually used less funding that we said we would that shows that we are very committed to the project long term. This is something we really love doing, and I am confident in time we will win over most people with any doubts.

peterepeat

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:31:22 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 12:04:55 AM by peterepeat

The 770k remaining is the team fund that we use sparingly, if you compare to some other projects they use far more than us and run out of funding quickly. We had no ICO and the only payment any devs get is from building up the value. We started at the bottom literally, and have been building it up. To be frank, we want to spend as little as possible so we can stake our coins in the future as we believe in the project, and ideally, I think we can potentially build to a marketcap in the millions. The announcement does detail that the 1 million for the team would be used over 1 year, and it has been around 7 months, so we are under budget if anything. We also never dump coins and we care greatly about building up the value.

The 10 million community fund will be totally controlled with smart contracts and only used as desired by the community at large. If you check the white paper we go into detail about the safeguards and limits. The short version is that the smart contracts will greatly limit the amount that can be released, and this means that even if the community votes poorly, it is possible to correct as there would be time to notice poor spending votes.

http://www.expanse.tech/docs/whitepaper-draft.pdf

As for Proof of Stake, that will come either after ETH goes POS and we will use the same implementation, we might go hybrid, and I know another coder with an option that might compete with Casper and that could be very revolutionary. We are still in talks and discussion about this. I am in favor of it as it could give us a huge competitive edge that might surprise many, but regardless, some form of proof of stake will happen in time.

A new website is coming by the way, and an announcement for the new team members joining. New videos. Much is in progress. I also think as we actually used less funding that we said we would that shows that we are very committed to the project long term. This is something we really love doing, and I am confident in time we will win over most people with any doubts.

Thanks for your detailed response. It is reassuring to know you still have a reserve and it is being used wisely by the sound of it.
Looking forward to the staking development.

Back to the DAO and contracts over the 10M. If I have e.g. 100 or 1k or 10k EXP, from the whitepaper does this make me a "shareholder" with 1/3 voting power times what ever number of EXP I hold?
By the look of it, any shareholder, even with 1M EXP, would be by definition overwhelmed by any monthly funding vote of the founders+directors.

Even so, worst case "flood" of 1% per month. That to me is not so bad, especially given the control you have shown so far.

Also, will the 770k in the dev reserve be exculded from voting, and how will this be done?
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:08:09 AM

Thanks for your detailed response. It is reassuring to know you still have a reserve and it is being used wisely by the sound of it.

Back to the DAO and contracts over the 10M. If I have e.g. 100 or 1k or 10k EXP, from the whitepaper does this make me a "shareholder" with 1/3 voting power times what ever number of EXP I hold?
By the look of it, any shareholder, even with 1M EXP, would be by definition overwhelmed by any monthly funding vote of the founders+directors.

Also, will the 770k in the dev reserve be exculded from voting, and how will this be done?

The more EXP you hold the more votes you have. This will be done with blockchain snapshots.  So not only will staking provide incentive to hold, there will also be an incentive to collect more EXP for influence and power with voting. It is somewhat capitalist, but that works well for incentive and should be good for everyone. We will also be gamifying the wallet and Dapps for this, so it should also be fun and exciting.

If people want to exclude 770k or whatever is available at the time of the DAO, this would be extremely easy as the blockchain snapshot could just exclude it. Devs or anyone could still just buy as much EXP on their own as they like, and vote, but that is also incentive and demand which can have a positive price impact. Generally, I would say we should just exclude any team reserve from voting that is remaining as the DAO starts up. That would be the most fair, so an easy choice.

peterepeat

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:25:42 AM

The more EXP you hold the more votes you have. This will be done with blockchain snapshots.  So not only will staking provide incentive to hold, there will also be an incentive to collect more EXP for influence and power with voting. It is somewhat capitalist, but that works well for incentive and should be good for everyone. We will also be gamifying the wallet and Dapps for this, so it should also be fun and exciting.

If people want to exclude 770k or whatever is available at the time of the DAO, this would be extremely easy as the blockchain snapshot could just exclude it. Devs or anyone could still just buy as much EXP on their own as they like, and vote, but that is also incentive and demand which can have a positive price impact. Generally, I would say we should just exclude any team reserve from voting that is remaining as the DAO starts up. That would be the most fair, so an easy choice.

Cool.

Is the DAO source on github or somewhere to see?
Also, what block will the EXP blockchain go to homestead?
Thanks again.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: