Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2018, 03:02:24 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 369 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum  (Read 898770 times)
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:25:33 PM

I've just downloaded the Expanse GUI wallet and in the .rar file, I've found expwallet.exe and gexp.exe. What is this gexp.exe ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1007

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

I've just downloaded the Expanse GUI wallet and in the .rar file, I've found expwallet.exe and gexp.exe. What is this gexp.exe ?

gexp.exe is the actual exp daemon. Expwallet is using it. Sort of like how armoury works for bitcoin.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CorpEXPANSETokenlabEXREXP.LIFEFranko Is Freedom
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:30:13 PM

gexp.exe is the actual exp daemon. Expwallet is using it. Sort of like how armoury works for bitcoin.

Ok, thanks Wink ! I love this GUI wallet !  I love the sound that play when I open the wallet Wink ! Pretty nice idea !
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 06:55:21 PM

A Linux package will be made available shortly. A GitHub repo for the project will be provided in the near future, admittedly this is my first project using QT and the code is currently a little messy, having replaced less efficient methods of implementation with more ideal as I progressed further learning about QT's features. I will be cleaning it up, as well as separating the stable from in development code into separate branches and getting the source out ASAP.
Are you kidding us? Go away with closed source crap.

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
abstractednerve

Activity: 446
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:00:11 PM

A Linux package will be made available shortly. A GitHub repo for the project will be provided in the near future, admittedly this is my first project using QT and the code is currently a little messy, having replaced less efficient methods of implementation with more ideal as I progressed further learning about QT's features. I will be cleaning it up, as well as separating the stable from in development code into separate branches and getting the source out ASAP.

We all know you dont own any exp. Nor have you ever had anything positive to say. Its just one more thing for you to try and use to cast shade. Its not like you could compile it from source anyways.

▄▄████████▄▄             ▄▄████████▄▄             ▄▄████████▄▄      ██ ██ ██           ██ ██ 
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄         ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄         ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ██  █ ██       ██ ██   
  ███▀          ▀███       ███▀          ▀███▌      ███▀          ▀███▌    ██ ██ ██     ██ ██    
 ███                      ███              ███     ███              ███      ██ █  ██ ██ ██      
▐██▌                     ▐██▌                     ▐██▌              ▐██▌       █  ██ ██ ██       
███        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███                      ███                ███         ██  ██        
███        ███████████   ███                      ███                ███        ██ ██ ██ ██       
▐██▌              ███▌   ▐██▌               ██▌   ▐██▌              ▐██▌      ██ ██  ██ ██ ██     
 ███▄           ▄████     ███▄            ▄███     ███▄            ▄███      ██ ██     ██ ██ ██   
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀       ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀       ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀     ██ ██        ██ ██ ██  
    ▀▀██████████▀▀           ▀▀███████████▀           ▀▀███████████▀      ██ ██           ██ ██ ██

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
RISE ABOVE!
WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

JOIN OUR ICO!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
        ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     █████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[/
JacksonBriggs

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:05:16 PM

We all know you dont own any exp. Nor have you ever had anything positive to say. Its just one more thing for you to try and use to cast shade. Its not like you could compile it from source anyways.

Yea but he does have a point that closed source is generally frowned upon here. Anyone scared should take safety precaustions. Run it in a VM or on a machine they dont use for anything else or just wait till the source is open. I personally trust any software put out by the guys but I understand why someone else would have a problem with it. Even though 8 bit is a lil bitch most of the time even a broken clock is right twice a day.

My hands are stronger than yours.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:16:54 PM

Even if I'm (small) miner, I've never sold any of my coins. I've nothing to pay, so I can keep them until the price rise (or crash and make lose money and time Grin). I do this in a hobby-way more than in a profit-way.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:50:38 AM

The main problem with the Expanse is the orderly dump of the so called development fund. If it is dumped too quickly, price will crash.

Who is dumping the developmental fund? The blockexplorer shows that the devs addresses havnt made a single tx in a 3 weeks m8. The only people selling are the miners. Miners always sell. Why is this so confusing for everyone?

This is true. So just imagine how low the price is going to go once the development funds get dumped! I'm just sitting on the side lines with this coin. No need to pay attention to this coin for another 8 months.

If you're a developer this looks like a good chance to learn about cryptocoins and get paid in them.

abstractednerve

Activity: 446

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:06:33 PM

The main problem with the Expanse is the orderly dump of the so called development fund. If it is dumped too quickly, price will crash.

Who is dumping the developmental fund? The blockexplorer shows that the devs addresses havnt made a single tx in a 3 weeks m8. The only people selling are the miners. Miners always sell. Why is this so confusing for everyone?

This is true. So just imagine how low the price is going to go once the development funds get dumped! I'm just sitting on the side lines with this coin. No need to pay attention to this coin for another 8 months.

If you're a developer this looks like a good chance to learn about cryptocoins and get paid in them.

How low can it actually go? Ive got enough bitcoin on the buyside that if someone dumped it to 1k sat I would own every EXP in existence. Whats the price of 1 EXP if only 1 is for sale? Wink

▄▄████████▄▄             ▄▄████████▄▄             ▄▄████████▄▄      ██ ██ ██           ██ ██ 
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄         ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄         ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ██  █ ██       ██ ██   
  ███▀          ▀███       ███▀          ▀███▌      ███▀          ▀███▌    ██ ██ ██     ██ ██    
 ███                      ███              ███     ███              ███      ██ █  ██ ██ ██      
▐██▌                     ▐██▌                     ▐██▌              ▐██▌       █  ██ ██ ██       
███        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███                      ███                ███         ██  ██        
███        ███████████   ███                      ███                ███        ██ ██ ██ ██       
▐██▌              ███▌   ▐██▌               ██▌   ▐██▌              ▐██▌      ██ ██  ██ ██ ██     
 ███▄           ▄████     ███▄            ▄███     ███▄            ▄███      ██ ██     ██ ██ ██   
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀       ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀       ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀     ██ ██        ██ ██ ██  
    ▀▀██████████▀▀           ▀▀███████████▀           ▀▀███████████▀      ██ ██           ██ ██ ██

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
RISE ABOVE!
WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

JOIN OUR ICO!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
        ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     █████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[/
calem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Extropy + OpenSource = Keys to the Singularity....

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:18:36 PM

Well aren't yous a bucket of fun. Technically impossible situation in regards to owning all the exp in existence but wow... Here's an idea.. actualy no... Last thing I should do is give you more idea's... Idea's are dangerous for the.. Inexperienced... xD

But seriously, I'm just taking the piss. Have fun.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | [x0z] Crypt0z is an experiment on Blockspace Economics using a Diffusion of Innovations based incentive model.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:59:55 PM

Yea but he does have a point that closed source is generally frowned upon here. Anyone scared should take safety precaustions. Run it in a VM or on a machine they dont use for anything else or just wait till the source is open. I personally trust any software put out by the guys but I understand why someone else would have a problem with it. Even though 8 bit is a lil bitch most of the time even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This is bitcointalk, cryptocurrencies community and any closed source software raises big fuckin red warning.
Also, if altcoinex claims he is a noob programmer he should definetely release source unless he will screw something. Otherwise he should gtfh with his closed source crap.
Expanse has nothing to do it (as long as he is not part of copy-paste-find-and-replace "dev" team and their copy-paste-find-and-replace product).

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
defaced
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 06:06:46 PM

The forum is up and running now. Stop on by.

http://forum.expanse.tech/

Fortune Favors the Brave
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 633

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

I have now heard of this coin. How much EXP  I can mine for the day with a 1 x ATI 7970 and what is it hash ? Which graphics card is the best for mine EXP?
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1484

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:20:21 AM

This isn't just a situation where we are trying to give out money at random to whomever can code something. Look at the facts, we paid one bounty for the logo so far, that is it. Everything else the team has taken care of. Now, I do know some devs working on something unique for Expanse that could add a lot of value, and if they are successful with it, sure, they can get a bounty. It would be worth it though since it would add a lot of value to the platform. We are really looking for Killer Apps/Dapps, not just handing out money to create selling pressure, but rather real development that builds up the platform and value for everyone.

calem

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:41:19 AM

Forum is looking good. Time to shift away from shill city and start aggregating topics etc in a more moderated environment.

http://forum.expanse.tech

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | [x0z] Crypt0z is an experiment on Blockspace Economics using a Diffusion of Innovations based incentive model.
wildduck

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:12:23 AM

Great looking forum from expanse team Smiley

Zywiec

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:32:34 PM

Yea, looks awesome.

Unfortunately no thread/post/data yet here.

defaced
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:32:11 PM

Yea, looks awesome.

Unfortunately no thread/post/data yet here.

So what are you waiting for? Go contribute Tongue

Fortune Favors the Brave
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:21:08 PM

If this coin wants to be taken seriously as not a scam, there needs to be a page showing all premined coin transactions with a description of it's use and the voting results.

calem

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 02:08:37 AM

If this coin wants to be taken seriously as not a scam, there needs to be a page showing all premined coin transactions with a description of it's use and the voting results.

You raise an extremely important point. I'll get onto this and sort something out. Thank you for the advice!

http://forum.expanse.tech/topic/11/can-we-grow-our-user-base-5-per-week

Well my first thought is transparency.. Not just any transparency.. Transparency for the non technical..

I think a really good idea would be to have something on the website that shows when and where what funds are going to what and why.

With a bit of code.. Maybe a DAPP? this could be automated. Or in the meantime could have something on the forum here that is updated manually and linked to from the website.

I'll gladly take on this role for the time been but ultimately, an auto updating section on the website would be the best way to go I think.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 369 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.