Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:03:35 PM

Guys, if you don't stop trolling I'll start abusing moderating power without paying much attention who is right and who is wrong. It's my thread and I set the rule "no trolling allowed".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:20:42 PM

@NextGenCrypto

You are wrong, posts were deleted for violation of my rules. You are welcome back if you don't violate the rules. BitcoinTalk mirror still contains your posts with personal insults.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:20:56 PM

Guys, if you don't stop trolling I'll start abusing moderating power without paying much attention who is right and who is wrong. It's my thread and I set the rule "no trolling allowed".

He's right, my cool watch"ing" picture post was deleted.  Smiley
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:52:23 PM

Hi, a couple of quick questions since the ICO seems to be the topic now:

How many % of the coins will the team keep?

Are you planning to prove somehow you're not "buying your own coins" from the ICO?

Is the ICO the only distribution method?

0% of the coins go to the team. The team will be compensated via funds raised in the ICO, no pre-mine. We'll have to buy our tokens just like everyone else.

Yes

ICO is indeed the only distributon method for this project for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the only way we'll get compensated for our work and development, since we have zero premine
2) It's the only way to ensure that the tokens are actually valued, which is needed to kickstart the ecosystem that will form around them and be part of their function

Won't you be compensated by your start-up? ICO's are NOT a good way to establish value, much less the only way.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:57:39 PM

Are you planning to prove somehow you're not "buying your own coins" from the ICO?

0% of the coins go to the team. The team will be compensated via funds raised in the ICO, no pre-mine. We'll have to buy our tokens just like everyone else.

Yes

ICO is indeed the only distributon method for this project for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the only way we'll get compensated for our work and development, since we have zero premine
2) It's the only way to ensure that the tokens are actually valued, which is needed to kickstart the ecosystem that will form around them and be part of their function

Won't you be compensated by your start-up? ICO's are NOT a good way to establish value, much less the only way.

Start-ups in the hardware industry does not pay dividends for quite some time, especially when it's not just a shiny toy for Kickstarter.

But ICOs are indeed a good way to establish value, it automatically spawns a sizable community that has a direct incentive to keep a platform alive. This is the problem with all these 1000 plus random PoW coins, they have absolutely no incentive. ICOs are not perfect, but they are better than the alternatives for a project such as this.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:05:25 PM

I'm supporting this IPO.

There are a number of silent readers, who, as I think, supporting this too.
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:08:07 PM

Yes

Start-ups in the hardware industry does not pay dividends for quite some time, especially when it's not just a shiny toy for Kickstarter.

But ICOs are indeed a good way to establish value, it automatically spawns a sizable community that has a direct incentive to keep a platform alive. This is the problem with all these 1000 plus random PoW coins, they have absolutely no incentive. ICOs are not perfect, but they are better than the alternatives for a project such as this.

All I have found so far is the tangle whitepaper. Do you have an outline of the goal of the start-up and how exactly the coin ties into it?
mentaldepth

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:25:40 AM

Yeah I mean it sounds amazing, but for the basic user <-- ? And you think the community will be big enough to sustain any value set by the ico?

☣Mental☣
iotatoken

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:53:25 AM

All I have found so far is the tangle whitepaper. Do you have an outline of the goal of the start-up and how exactly the coin ties into it?

Yes, it'll be made available in the coming week.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:16:46 AM

Yes, it'll be made available in the coming week.

Observing as I am assuming the coin has not launched yet
Will need to recheck this thread later.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:15:33 AM

Any idea when the IPO will be held and which exchange?

iotatoken

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:16:52 AM

An idea, yes, but it's not yet and I prefer not to give ballpark date as it always distracts from what matters: the technology and getting more and more people into it.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:58:04 AM

An idea, yes, but it's not yet and I prefer not to give ballpark date as it always distracts from what matters: the technology and getting more and more people into it.

I suggest to not use exchange for IPO, cause Crypti's experience shows that 70% of all coins will be hold on exchange (people will not withdraw them), and then, a hack of exchange may happen (bter.com). 
iotatoken

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:43:09 AM

I suggest to not use exchange for IPO, cause Crypti's experience shows that 70% of all coins will be hold on exchange (people will not withdraw them), and then, a hack of exchange may happen (bter.com). 

No worries, we wont:)

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:54:30 AM

No worries, we wont:)

So the ICO money party is on.

I am not sure, but you might know that I have the bad habit to detect scams. I did it with regards to Bitbay and many other scams such as Bob's money collecting parties. My unmoderated threads discussed those scams, and those threads are more or less successfully prevented a larger damage caused to the digital currency community.

Can I ask what is your experience in Internet of Things?

What will be your monetization strategy to make money in a field (IoT) where nobody could make any money yet, not even Xively?

Your NXT coin and Supernet assets used by nobody in real world. These are digital assets/coin the NXT crowd sell to each other. What makes you think you will be able to succeed with a new coin in the most difficult technology field (IoT) when with NXT and Supernet you could not achieve real world adoption in the last 2 years and 1 year respectively?
iotatoken

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:09:04 PM

I am not sure, but you might know that I have the bad habit to detect scams. I did it with regards to Bitbay and many other scams such as Bob's money collecting parties. My unmoderated threads discussed those scams, and those threads are more or less successfully prevented a larger damage caused to the digital currency community.

Never heard of you.

Can I ask what is your experience in Internet of Things?

Been interested in the field and experimented with early IoT since its inception. Read all the reports and all the books.
We have also ran a start-up that is focused on IoT for 1 year now.

What will be your monetization strategy to make money in a field (IoT) where nobody could make any money yet, not even Xively?

Plenty of people make money in IoT, no idea where you got that idea into your head.

Your NXT coin and Supernet assets used by nobody in real world. These are digital assets/coin the NXT crowd sell to each other. What makes you think you will be able to succeed with a new coin in the most difficult technology field (IoT) when with NXT and Supernet you could not achieve real world adoption in the last 2 years and 1 year respectively?

If these blatant lies continue, you will be permanently banned from this thread. Consider this your sole warning.
We don't hold a single SuperNET asset and never have. As for 'your nxt coin', just because CfB was a lead dev for one of the most innovative cryptos, does not mean we are somehow liable for its community 2 years later. Everyone that got involved in Nxt when CfB was the lead dev got the best ROI in crypto history with exception of Bitcoin itself.

So if you got real questions, by all means ask, but when you talk this random bullshit that has no root in reality about us having anything to do with Nxt or SuperNET, I will just ignore you and your posts will be deleted.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:23:06 PM

I am not sure, but you might know that I have the bad habit to detect scams.

I didn't know that but it's definitely a useful skill. Depends on your definition of "scam", of course. What is a scam from your point of view?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:52:01 PM

OK then.

Good luck with your project, and I suggest the GadgetCoin team and supporters do the same, wish good luck to IOTA. There are many projects could exists in the IoT field.
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:44:01 PM

I think what you guys did right about this coin is to laser-focus on a niche market - IoT. This is a rather interesting and hot market which has not really been exploited by cryptos yet. Iota (with Jinn) will be an innovation for this market. If you can use plain language to show the audience a clear big picture people will come. 
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:23:57 PM

So this is the real project of BCNext? Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: