Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:57:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Null input error  (Read 58114 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:13:55 AM

I remember trading monero way back in the day.. Whats going in with monero now a days? Smiley
nothing since then. still waiting on an official GUI wallet.  Grin

Bet it gets here before (12-18 months) evolution vaporware. I would say before dash takes to mix a darksend transaction--but it may take a little bit more than 20 hours since it's an enterprise-level interface and not a single transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:16:02 AM

I remember trading monero way back in the day.. Whats going in with monero now a days? Smiley
nothing since then. still waiting on an official GUI wallet.  Grin

Bet it gets here before (12-18 months) evolution vaporware. I would say before dash takes to mix a darksend transaction--but it may take a little bit more than 20 hours since it's an enterprise-level interface and not a single transaction.

Mastermined710 seems to think that GUI = development in an exclusive manner.

Obviously he has very little software development experience. At least that's the way it appears.

He is "good" at doxxing though (lol).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:08:33 AM

Smoothie are you worried about what David Latapie may have revealed to the police ?
I wouldn't be laughing if i were you.. that guy prob dimed you out hard man.

FUD first & ask questions later™
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:37:52 AM

nah son it took me a couple of hours to mix ~76% of my dash like a week ago.  you don't have to mix it all at once to be able to darksend it anonymously. once it's mixed you don't have to mix it every time like with monero Sad.
so right now today i can send it anonymously and instantly (instantX) and without waiting 10-60 min for confirmations like with btc and others.

problem is the people/trolls who complain don't know how it works... Has it sent yet
 Roll Eyes

hopefully y'all aren't really that stupid and this is just part of your monero trolling tactics. so which is it, are y'all stupid or is this just a tactic of the monero trolling community? either way it's a total fail.

also, you don't want to bloat up the blockchain like monero and have all of your transaction (McDonald's, gas etc) invisible and unverifiable. being unverifiable would be a little less worrying if monero had a trusted official gui wallet to rely on instead of having to trust a 3rd party wallet or a centralized online wallet.
but yes mixing could be faster and will be with evolution. using the instantX tech it will be instantly anonymous and scale-able to 500-1500tps.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:49:36 AM

Obviously he has very little software development experience. At least that's the way it appears.

can't a brother get gui, that's all i'm asking.

if your blockchain wasn't inherently flawed and unverifiable then not having an official gui would be a lot less worrisome. but you would still have to rely on a anon dev who took over from another anon dev who was kicked off the project for being a scammer.

i used to be "good" at boxing when i was younger but i'm getting a bit rusty now. if you want to spar i'll stop by sometime when i'm in the neighborhood. Wink

edit: sorry i thought you said "boxing", my bad  Wink

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:58:09 AM

if your blockchain wasn't inherently flawed and unverifiable then not having an official gui would be a lot less worrisome. but you would still have to rely on a anon dev who took over from another anon dev who was kicked off the project for being a scammer.

i used to be "good" at boxing when i was younger but i'm getting a bit rusty now. if you want to spar i'll stop by sometime when i'm in the neighborhood. Wink

Let me know when you show up in Hawaii.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:03:55 AM

Let me know when you show up in Hawaii.  Roll Eyes

cool, i'll give you a ring. you still at that same number?  Lips sealed

edit: this is going to to get deleted as off topic if i don't say something about how bad monero sux. man monero sux, they can't even throw together an official gui in a year and a half. what's the eta on that gui anyway?

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:27:54 AM

Everyone come here!.........a fist fight!  Shocked

Bitcointalk not enough for you guys? LOL   Cheesy

whoever wins, upload the picture of the beaten opponent  Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 06:31:27 AM

nah son it took me a couple of hours to mix ~76% of my dash like a week ago.  you don't have to mix it all at once to be able to darksend it anonymously. once it's mixed you don't have to mix it every time like with monero Sad.
so right now today i can send it anonymously and instantly (instantX) and without waiting 10-60 min for confirmations like with btc and others.

problem is the people/trolls who complain don't know how it works... Has it sent yet
 Roll Eyes

hopefully y'all aren't really that stupid and this is just part of your monero trolling tactics. so which is it, are y'all stupid or is this just a tactic of the monero trolling community? either way it's a total fail.

also, you don't want to bloat up the blockchain like monero and have all of your transaction (McDonald's, gas etc) invisible and unverifiable. being unverifiable would be a little less worrying if monero had a trusted official gui wallet to rely on instead of having to trust a 3rd party wallet or a centralized online wallet.
but yes mixing could be faster and will be with evolution. using the instantX tech it will be instantly anonymous and scale-able to 500-1500tps.

The truth will set you free (of the cult that is dash).

Stop rationalizing good tech bad and bad tech good, you chimerical dashtard.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:37:38 AM

Everyone come here!.........a fist fight!  Shocked

Bitcointalk not enough for you guys? LOL   Cheesy

whoever wins, upload the picture of the beaten opponent  Wink

I'll hold your coins while you guys fight it out.. you can trust me honest Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:40:07 AM

Let me know when you show up in Hawaii.  Roll Eyes

cool, i'll give you a ring. you still at that same number?  Lips sealed

edit: this is going to to get deleted as off topic if i don't say something about how bad monero sux. man monero sux, they can't even throw together an official gui in a year and a half. what's the eta on that gui anyway?

Like I said,... let me know when you are in Hawaii.  Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:44:49 AM

Roll Eyes

I guess it's like how some people instead of sending an email they hand write a letter, put a stamp on it, get their ass in their car, drive to the post office (or where ever),  drive their ass back home, wait a week or 2, then drive their ass back to the post office, to pickup the response of the person they initially sent their "email" to.

Some people just like doing things the slow way...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:15:26 AM

nah son it took me a couple of hours to mix ~76% of my dash like a week ago.  you don't have to mix it all at once to be able to darksend it anonymously. once it's mixed you don't have to mix it every time like with monero Sad.

Roll Eyes

it should not take 20hrs to complete but the last little bit (96-99%) always takes a while. seeing as he has legendary status maybe he is mixing a lot of dash and doing 8 rounds. that's fine but a bit overkill imo since nobody can even trace the lowest rounds (2) of darksend. i did 4 rounds last time which is overkill but a good test of the system. monero does not allow extra mixin right now because of the bloating issue right? when are they going to fix that? after the gui is released?

like i said before he does not need to wait for it to "completely finish" before being able to use darksend to send anon transactions. i mixed last week and got to 76% in ~2hrs or even less, that's just when i happened to check it. not long after that it hit 96% and i stopped it. so mine is not "complete" right now either but i can still send over 90% of my DASH balance anon and instanTX.
you have a DASH balance which represents the total sum and a darksend balance which represents how much of that total sum is ready to be sent anon with darksend.
you get to choose and aren't "forced" to send anon like monero "forces" you to do. if you like freedom of choice and instant transactions you'll love DASH, check it out sometime, ask smooth he can help as he is a big DASH hoarder. who do you think is dumping all that monero and buying those huge chucks of DASH, your dev buddy smooth that's who. just ask him and he'll tell you himself he's hedging with DASH.

i'll do a mixing demo for you guys here in about a week or so. i bet i can mix and darksend/anon send $5 bucks out to 5 people/addresses before monero could send the same amount to one person and have it fully confirmed.
how many confirms does it take before monero fully confirms in your official GUI wallet 3rd party wallets? 10 confirmations? i think 8-10 is the average industry standard for 60 sec blocks right? i don't think we can independently confirm it though do to the flaw in your blockchain. i guess you could send me your view key (what a pain) but then wouldn't i be able to see all your transactions? oh man. guess i'll have to dl a scary 3rd party monero wallet and have you send me the monero to truly verify it but even that would not work. man oh man this monero thing is not going to be easy. maybe each address has it's own view key hopefully and that "may" work.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:46:43 AM

nah son it took me a couple of hours to mix ~76% of my dash like a week ago.  you don't have to mix it all at once to be able to darksend it anonymously. once it's mixed you don't have to mix it every time like with monero Sad.

Roll Eyes

monero does not allow extra mixin right now because of the bloating issue right? when are they going to fix that? after the gui is released?

Extra mixin?

What's that?

If you choose a mixin then it is just that...there is no "extra".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 12:40:54 PM

edit: sorry i thought you said "boxing", my bad  Wink

oh, ok. You're another one of those geniuses that thinks you need to be able to see the thing working in order to know that its working. I wonder how you trust your car if you can't see the pistons moving. Are you also in the camp with the genius that claims that cryptography has little to do with cryptocurrency?

welcome to my ignore list.

and for the love of god, there is a GUI.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 12:42:53 PM

Roll Eyes

it should not take 20hrs to complete but the last little bit (96-99%) always takes a while. seeing as he has legendary status maybe he is mixing a lot of dash and doing 8 rounds. that's fine but a bit overkill imo since nobody can even trace the lowest rounds (2) of darksend. i did 4 rounds last time which is overkill but a good test of the system. monero does not allow extra mixin right now because of the bloating issue right? when are they going to fix that? after the gui is released?

like i said before he does not need to wait for it to "completely finish" before being able to use darksend to send anon transactions. i mixed last week and got to 76% in ~2hrs or even less, that's just when i happened to check it. not long after that it hit 96% and i stopped it. so mine is not "complete" right now either but i can still send over 90% of my DASH balance anon and instanTX.
you have a DASH balance which represents the total sum and a darksend balance which represents how much of that total sum is ready to be sent anon with darksend.
you get to choose and aren't "forced" to send anon like monero "forces" you to do. if you like freedom of choice and instant transactions you'll love DASH, check it out sometime, ask smooth he can help as he is a big DASH hoarder. who do you think is dumping all that monero and buying those huge chucks of DASH, your dev buddy smooth that's who. just ask him and he'll tell you himself he's hedging with DASH.

i'll do a mixing demo for you guys here in about a week or so. i bet i can mix and darksend/anon send $5 bucks out to 5 people/addresses before monero could send the same amount to one person and have it fully confirmed.
how many confirms does it take before monero fully confirms in your official GUI wallet 3rd party wallets? 10 confirmations? i think 8-10 is the average industry standard for 60 sec blocks right? i don't think we can independently confirm it though do to the flaw in your blockchain. i guess you could send me your view key (what a pain) but then wouldn't i be able to see all your transactions? oh man. guess i'll have to dl a scary 3rd party monero wallet and have you send me the monero to truly verify it but even that would not work. man oh man this monero thing is not going to be easy. maybe each address has it's own view key hopefully and that "may" work.

A crypto bake off! Lets do it. Whats the bet?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:20:23 PM

The Cryptonote/Bytecoin codebase #XMR is based on is atrociously bad, orders of magnitude worse than #Bitcoin. WTF: - Peter Todd.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:34:15 PM

The Cryptonote/Bytecoin codebase #XMR is based on is atrociously bad, orders of magnitude worse than #Bitcoin. WTF: - Peter Todd.

That tweet is like 15 months old, and the file he was referring to has been re-written:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129750.msg11933120#msg11933120

Since you brought it up, here's a more recent Peter Todd tweet, only about 9 months old:
https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/579092073875308545
"I probably should get around to finally buying some #Monero; @xmr_to is a pretty clever service. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zrdxz/withdrawals_halted_as_stolen_evolution_coins_make/ …"
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:05:07 PM

That tweet is like 15 months old, and the file he was referring to has been re-written:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129750.msg11933120#msg11933120

Since you brought it up, here's a more recent Peter Todd tweet, only about 9 months old:
https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/579092073875308545
"I probably should get around to finally buying some #Monero; @xmr_to is a pretty clever service. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zrdxz/withdrawals_halted_as_stolen_evolution_coins_make/ …"

I know it was re-written, smart guy. The above quote is what it says now. What it originally said was: "The uncommented C code CryptoNote is written in is awful; There's no way this crap doesn't have multiple buffer overflow exploits in it" Do you like the original quote better? I do.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:19:50 PM

The code has been rewritten, smart guy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: