Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:49:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Null input error  (Read 58114 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 05:42:47 AM

Here's how Monero has developed:

1. fork coin with messy code

2. fork it from stubborn developer who is bent on doing things his way

3. ignore pleas for GUI and keep fixing and developing messy code

4. develop things like openalias, a research group, a video game, a gambling site, a DB and confidential transactions (still no GUI)

5. run? (that doesn't make sense, but good luck trolls and dash fanboys in spinning that yarn to anyone with a brain)

1. why choose coin with messy code to fork LOOL

2. kick the scam dev in pirates style... ARrrrghhh

3. RIP investard

4. AEON ?

5. it should be profit  then  Huh  then run

1. is the only valid question, so I'll answer it--because that messy code was the only one available using ring-signatures, which allows for end-to-end privacy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:37:19 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 06:54:51 AM by noobtrader

btw, you seem to forgot to add how monero has infinite supply.  profit for everyone  YAYyy  Cheesy

EDIT : did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 07:47:08 AM

btw, you seem to forgot to add how monero has infinite supply.  profit for everyone  YAYyy  Cheesy

EDIT : did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

The tail emissions fixes a problem, a problem you apparently don't understand, but nice try.

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:55:57 AM

The tail emissions fixes a problem, a problem you apparently don't understand, but nice try.

what problem is it  Huh the problem of rising prices Huh LOL

the mining in the end should be paid by tx fee alone, not eternal infinite coin supply

yet they didnt announce in their monero ann about the eternal infinite coin supply
shhh... whatever, maybe i ll just invest in some aeon instead... i hope they have finite coin supply instead. im sure they are better than monero, afterall if you fork some broken coin it become better... ritee bro ?

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 07:59:40 AM

the mining in the end should be paid by tx fee alone, not eternal infinite coin supply

yet they didnt announce in their monero ann about the eternal infinite coin supply
shhh... whatever, maybe i ll just invest in some aeon instead... i hope they have finite coin supply instead. im sure they are better than monero, afterall if you fork some broken coin it become better... ritee bro ?

Other coin developers have theorized that tx is enough--Monero Devs figured differently. It was discussed a lot within the community and does not in any way break the social contract, so have fun finding out that tx probably isn't enough for yourself.

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:07:08 AM

Other coin developers have theorized that tx is enough--Monero Devs figured differently. It was discussed a lot within the community and does not in any way break the social contract, so have fun finding out that tx probably isn't enough for yourself.

OMG within the community, yet they didnt explain the fact to those newbie investor Huh   noob investor like me would assume that crypto coin has finite supply...
in fact i myself just aware of the fact that monero has infinite eternal coin supply

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:14:38 AM

OMG within the community, yet they didnt explain the fact to those newbie investor Huh   noob investor like me would assume that crypto coin has finite supply...
in fact i myself just aware of the fact that monero has infinite eternal coin supply

From Monero's ANN page:

"Specifications

•PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
•Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2]
•Block reward: Smoothly varying [3]
•Block time: 60 seconds
•Difficulty: Retargets at every block

[1] CPU + GPU mining (about 1:1 performance for now). Memory-bound by design using AES encryption and several SHA-3 candidates.
[2] Initial number of atomic units is M = 264 - 1. However, once the block reward reaches 0.3 XMR (sometime in 2022) that is treated as the minimum subsidy, which means that Monero's total emission will forever increase by ~157783.68 XMR annually.
[3] Uses a recurrence relation. Block reward = (M - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, where A = current circulation. Roughly 86% mined in 4 years (see graph)."

I suppose the Devs should come over to your house and read the ANN to you after they tuck you into bed, little tiger?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:02:50 AM

Incorrect.

A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% inflation to preserve mining incentives.

Quaint to see the [MRO] symbol from back then.

It was there from the original post before any edits (perhaps forum admin could verify) but that is the first capture in archive.org, May 20, 2014.

Whatever your criticisms of Monero, please do not make things up.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:09:47 AM

Quaint to see the [MRO] symbol from back then.

What that from when it was formerly alleged to be a dairy farm mining operation (in South Africa). Mroooneroooo.  Tongue  Cheesy

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:12:26 AM

...visionary start-ups.

iCEBREAKER meme image incoming...  Cheesy

MLM Evon Duffocation reality distortion duffield is a possible theme.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:12:43 AM

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  

From Ann Thread -->
Specifications

PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
    Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2] ... it is stated so stop spreading FUD u cannot claim
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:56:38 PM

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  

From Ann Thread -->
Specifications

PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
    Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2] ... it is stated so stop spreading FUD u cannot claim

ah yes i must have missed it, but you can see that other ppl also miss this info

Quote from: TPTB_need_war on Today at 07:06:12 AM
No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. .......

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:28:20 PM

Hint: A good place to start finding out why tx alone is not enough is the blocksize debate in Bitcoin.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 04:26:45 PM

DASH investor...

...visionary start-ups

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 02:42:14 PM

Even when they wanna talk about Monero (or so they claim) in their own subreddit they end up bitching and moaning about Dash instead of trying to improve their shitty, failed product. By design or stupidity? You decide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4i6147/advertising_for_monero/

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:52:56 PM

It's hilarious to watch them in their IRC planning chan, from what i can gather they are collectively running over 100 accounts between them focused against bytecoin, DASH, MaidSafe, ETH etc.

Or you could be completely making that up.
_Victory_

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:02:18 PM

Even when they wanna talk about Monero (or so they claim) in their own subreddit they end up bitching and moaning about Dash instead of trying to improve their shitty, failed product. By design or stupidity? You decide:

I am going to have to agree with that. After reading their reddit , they do seem to keep coming back to Dash over and over again.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 10:53:05 PM

I am going to have to agree with that. After reading their reddit , they do seem to keep coming back to Dash over and over again.

Tough not to do when the OP points to it in his example of "good  marketing." I'm sure if he had led in with Ethereum or Bitcoin that that is what would have influenced the replies. Maybe better to move to another topic to get a feel for the reddit. Though it is funny that a dasher reads r/monero and posts it on here.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:23:09 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2016, 02:45:19 AM by ArticMine

There is no monero development going on ...

This is simply an outright lie.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:31:54 AM

There is no monero development going on ...

This is simply an outright lie.

this whole thread is an outright lie.

i mean, its kind of entertaining in a sad ironic way, but i wish the damn thing that notifies me of new things would stop telling me this thread is bumped.

honestly I don't get it.

eh whatever. ima try and ignore it again.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: