Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:01:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:37:01 AM

Got my first stake of 15 MOIN at about 4am this morning!  Grin
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarryPorter

Activity: 610
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:46:52 PM

Got my first stake of 15 MOIN at about 4am this morning!  Grin

I just received my first stake POSv3.0 , all looks working well with new client.

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
Darkoth89

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:33:07 AM

Yeah, my wallets staking like a dream now. Only gripe I have is i can't seem to see how my coins have split in terms of stakes? I believe I have segments on 1780~ moins that are staking now.  Is there a view like on QT where I can see the split of them?

mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:00:21 AM

after the update to 1.1.0.0 I'm stuck at Block 128863, 93 days ago.
Before the update, my wallet was up to date and staking.

seems like it lost the chain ?
what can I do?
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 10:13:08 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:41:23 AM by KingCaper

Yeah, my wallets staking like a dream now. Only gripe I have is i can't seem to see how my coins have split in terms of stakes? I believe I have segments on 1780~ moins that are staking now.  Is there a view like on QT where I can see the split of them?

If you go to the Send tab, click Enable Coin Control, then Inputs and click the arrow on the left it'll show you a list of inputs and amounts.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 12:40:30 PM

after the update to 1.1.0.0 I'm stuck at Block 128863, 93 days ago.
Before the update, my wallet was up to date and staking.

seems like it lost the chain ?
what can I do?

Probably easiest just to resync from scratch. You can use the bootstrap file to speed up the process.

1. Backup your wallet.dat
2. Delete everything in the data directory except the wallet.dat
    (Linux: /home/<username>/.moin/  Win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\moin\)
3. Download the bootstrap.dat.zip, unzip it and put it in the data directory
4. Start your wallet and optionally delete the bootstrap.dat.old after it's finished importing the blocks

Let me know how it goes.

mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:11:47 PM

thanks. after resync working now again like a charm Wink
Darkoth89

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:25:08 PM

Yeah, my wallets staking like a dream now. Only gripe I have is i can't seem to see how my coins have split in terms of stakes? I believe I have segments on 1780~ moins that are staking now.  Is there a view like on QT where I can see the split of them?

If you go to the Send tab, click Enable Coin Control, then Inputs and click the arrow on the left it'll show you a list of inputs and amounts.

Excellent, thanks!

Also, any news on a multipool? Id be willing to chuck some miners on there to help create a demand for Moin.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 05:28:06 PM

Excellent, thanks!

Also, any news on a multipool? Id be willing to chuck some miners on there to help create a demand for Moin.

I was talking with someone who runs a multipool and they'd agreed to add MOIN until they found out we're not on Bittrex.  Bit frustrating - I guess they don't want the hassle of dealing with another exchange's API. Or maybe they just don't trust the exchanges we're on. I did think about setting one up for us, but it'd save time, effort and resources if we could get added to one already operating - so I'll keep looking around. If anyone knows of one let me know.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 06:29:36 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 07:36:54 PM by KingCaper

So apparently a few people were already aware of this, but the team were shocked to learn today that C-Cex has been staking all of the MOIN stored there (and presumably selling the rewards). And that's a lot of MOIN (there was over 600k there last time I looked).

I strongly urge anyone with MOIN that's not part of sell orders to remove your coins from C-Cex at once. By leaving them there you're allowing C-Cex to devalue your investment (plus you're missing out on staking interest). If anyone needs help or has issues setting up a wallet just send me a message.

Some of the folks in IRC have suggested asking that they remove us from the exchange. What do the rest of you think?

If you'd like to see MOIN on Bittrex (I'm pretty sure they don't stake the PoS coins stored there) then let them know on Slack:
http://slack.bittrex.com/

They seem to respond well to public demand.

HarryPorter

Activity: 610

crypto = passion

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:30:06 PM

So apparently a few people were already aware of this, but the team were shocked to learn today that C-Cex has been staking all of the MOIN stored there (and presumably selling the rewards). And that's a lot of MOIN (there was over 600k there last time I looked).

I strongly urge anyone with MOIN that's not part of sell orders to remove your coins from C-Cex at once. By leaving them there you're allowing C-Cex to devalue your investment (plus you're missing out on staking interest). If anyone needs help or has issues setting up a wallet just send me a message.

Some of the folks in IRC have suggested asking that they remove us from the exchange. What do the rest of you think?

If you'd like to see MOIN on Bittrex (I'm pretty sure they don't stake the PoS coins stored there) then let them know on Slack:
http://slack.bittrex.com/

They seem to respond well to public demand.

I've found some discussions about coins staking by exchanges, I would recommend read them and as there are some good advices:
- https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/about-pos-coins
"....as for exchanges keeping your minted coins, the way I see it is, it's their equipment and electric and why should they give minted coins to customers who are to lazy to withdraw them to their own wallets. At the end of the day the idea behind POS is for members to have wallets minting which in turn supports the network. "

-https://fanbitcoin.com/index.php?topic=1364104.590;imode
"... C-Cex did in the past as a 'trial' and then stopped. As far as I'm aware, none do anymore. Pretty much just have to stake locally or not at all. "

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
Coinmin

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:16:18 PM

I know yoshit also minted all POS coins listed on this exchange. FuSk them all! Guys, withdraw your coins from ex!
mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:15:16 AM

"....as for exchanges keeping your minted coins, the way I see it is, it's their equipment and electric and why should they give minted coins to customers who are to lazy to withdraw them to their own wallets. At the end of the day the idea behind POS is for members to have wallets minting which in turn supports the network. "
I fully agree with this statement.

On one side the coin get devalueated, but on the other side, the actual owner of the coins could have withdrawn them and do staking on themself, but they didn't.
Last but no least, they still helping maintain the network with the staking. Which is a good thing.

I think the only one to blame is the user/owner of the coin who let them on the exchange. Not the exchange itself.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:11:26 PM

I fully agree with this statement.

On one side the coin get devalueated, but on the other side, the actual owner of the coins could have withdrawn them and do staking on themself, but they didn't.
Last but no least, they still helping maintain the network with the staking. Which is a good thing.

I think the only one to blame is the user/owner of the coin who let them on the exchange. Not the exchange itself.

By your logic, if the thief found your purse on the street and took your money, he is not guilty, and blame only you? You need to seriously work on your logic, my friends. Have you ever thought, why reputable exchanges keeps users coins in a cold wallets?
mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

srsly, you can't compare exchange-staking with a thievery.  Huh
nothing wrong with my logic. you are screwing something up here.

you decided to use that exchange.
you decided to let the coins remain on exchange.
you decided that you don't want to stake the coins on your own.

there is no thief who found a purse. You gave the purse directly and on purpose to that "thief". (with "you" I mean the owner of the coins)

the exchange delivers something to the whole community.
It provides nodes, and generates blocks for the chain. The wallets used for staking are runned by exchange, therefore the exchange pays computational power and electricity.

The owner of the coin-amounts doesn't get harmed directly. Yeah, the overall supply will increase, but that would also happen if exchange wouldn't stake.
It would be less new coins in circulation, but also with weaker network propagation of the chain.
If you don't want your coins to get devaluated over time, you have to stake them. If you decide no to stake, it's was your decision.
If exchange does not stake, others will. Will result in the same outcome.

Have you ever thought, why reputable exchanges keeps users coins in a cold wallets?
I think that's mostly a security consideration and not because of staking or not-staking the coins.
Yeah, you can now blame the exchange about the possible security risk with this behavior. But that's a complete other thing and has nothing to do with the staking-topic.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:35:27 PM

Bittrex will never accept a coin with such low volume unless you pay them 3 BTC to list it.
rsv777

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:44:37 AM

New to the coin, just set up wallet,runs very well, hopefully Moin will be available on Bittrex or Shapeshift soon.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 07:13:25 AM

Bittrex will never accept a coin with such low volume unless you pay them 3 BTC to list it.

For some reason C-Cex has low volume for most of the coins on the market,is it because they only have just over 90,000 users?

Sometimes if you are lucky like I have been,you can get coins very cheap compared to other exchanges  Wink

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:35:25 AM

srsly, you can't compare exchange-staking with a thievery.  Huh
nothing wrong with my logic. you are screwing something up here.

you decided to use that exchange.
you decided to let the coins remain on exchange.
you decided that you don't want to stake the coins on your own.

there is no thief who found a purse. You gave the purse directly and on purpose to that "thief". (with "you" I mean the owner of the coins)

the exchange delivers something to the whole community.
It provides nodes, and generates blocks for the chain. The wallets used for staking are runned by exchange, therefore the exchange pays computational power and electricity.

The owner of the coin-amounts doesn't get harmed directly. Yeah, the overall supply will increase, but that would also happen if exchange wouldn't stake.
It would be less new coins in circulation, but also with weaker network propagation of the chain.
If you don't want your coins to get devaluated over time, you have to stake them. If you decide no to stake, it's was your decision.
If exchange does not stake, others will. Will result in the same outcome.

Have you ever thought, why reputable exchanges keeps users coins in a cold wallets?
I think that's mostly a security consideration and not because of staking or not-staking the coins.
Yeah, you can now blame the exchange about the possible security risk with this behavior. But that's a complete other thing and has nothing to do with the staking-topic.

Reputable exchanges works only for trading and transactions fees. That it is enough to cover the electricity, hosting costs, etc..  And if some exchange is engaged in a PoS-minting, they should report about it on the title page of the exchange with a large red font. At least it'll be honest.

By the way, I'm not one of those who leaves their coins on the exchanges. I am writing this for those who think that all the exchanges are honestly not engaged in the PoS.
mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:20:20 PM

Yeah, I agree with you that it should be transparently mentioned if the exchange does POS-minting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: