Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
SunGod-1
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

It defiantly is very underrated.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:29:46 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #37

Ummmmm where am i? How did I get here?  Did anyone feed the cat?  It's ok. If you are wondering these things you may or may not be ready for Fortnightly Update #37.

A Sort Of Swap Summary

I would like to try and clarify some specifics about the eventual swap and where the team has made it in the process. What we would like to do eventually is fork (ie. clone) the current PART code base and start a new chain from block zero.  We would then like to give people the opportunity to convert their MOIN over to the new chain at some ratio.  In regards to the specific ratio it is currently undecided. Be sure to leave your input and discuss.  In terms of additional progress this fortnight we have begun construction of the eventual swap website and we have also begun gathering information for and contacting exchanges to make them aware of the upcoming plans. If you think you have what it takes to help hit up our communication channels @  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Moin Movement League Phase 9

Another really successful phase in my opinion. moinmovement.net is something I am building in my spare time and sometimes I definitely doubt myself. Why spend so much time on this?  What is it even for?  Well the answer this week for me is there is a lot to learn and explore in regards to creating software for a very specific community.  I really love the feedback I get from people about this website.  I will be sending out this phase's payouts after posting.

Say Hi!

Just chill, come say hi. The future belongs to people that can understand the influence they are able to impart on the world. Things always start small.
http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Your intergalactic pal
 - Jookly
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:44:18 AM

I think the fair ratio would be directly proportional with the total supply...

if the new forked coin has 21M total supply .... the ratio is 1:1
if the new forked coin has 42M total supply .... the ratio is 2:1    Undecided

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 09:49:46 PM

I also think if the coin supply is going to remain the same as it is now then a fair coin swap would be a ratio of 1:1. I think it would be unfair for the ones that have been holding MOIN all this time to have a higher swap ratio unless of course the total coin supply will change but I also think the total supply should remain the same as its a good amount and will still take years before it is all minted.

I do have a question and that is, has masternodes been discussed for the future?

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 07:14:34 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 07:25:36 PM by KingCaper

I also think if the coin supply is going to remain the same as it is now then a fair coin swap would be a ratio of 1:1. I think it would be unfair for the ones that have been holding MOIN all this time to have a higher swap ratio unless of course the total coin supply will change but I also think the total supply should remain the same as its a good amount and will still take years before it is all minted.

I do have a question and that is, has masternodes been discussed for the future?

I think a 1:1 ratio is the way to go too. What needs to be decided beyond that is whether or not to create additional coins that could potentially be used to hire freelancers, pay for exchange listings or be sold in a future crowdfunding round.  

I'm pretty sceptical of the suggested airdrop to PART holders. If we were to give away MOIN I think we could achieve far more by doing it in a more targeted manner.

Masternodes wouldn't really provide anything useful to MOIN, but I have had some thoughts about a second-tier of nodes providing additional Platform-related services.

First things first though - the Particl fork. It's coming along nicely.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:06:15 PM

I think a 1:1 ratio is the way to go too. What needs to be decided beyond that is whether or not to create additional coins that could potentially be used to hire freelancers, pay for exchange listings or be sold in a future crowdfunding round.

Well... Let's be real... creating more coins => inflation => hit on the price, which was already been squashed... ESPECIALLY if it's going to be used to pay someone, who isn't very involved with the project, to do a job (and considering we don't know who are we dealing with, could result in a poor execution of the certain job) for which he/she will receive some tokens, which will probably end up being dumped.

I will donate some if it comes to that.

I'm pretty sceptical of the suggested airdrop to PART holders. If we were to give away MOIN I think we could achieve far more by doing it in a more targeted manner.

I will not be a hypocrite in this paragraph but...

Not a fan of that idea... Literally, every Airdrop I received from some new project I dumped it (it might be just me), but it seems to me that Airdrops have become more of a way to fill the Telegram channel (or Twitter followers or whatever) with uninterested people who don't give a fuck about the project just to lure some investors with the "legitimacy" of the project, they stay till the airdrop is... airdropped, dump, leave and that's it.

Regarding masternodes... I don't know... seems too early to implement something of that scale to be honest... We literally don't need anything like that for the moment.

can't wait for the updates on the fork... can't wait to come back on Discord and ask noob questions Grin

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:51:08 PM

Masternodes wouldn't really provide anything useful to MOIN, but I have had some thoughts about a second-tier of nodes providing additional Platform-related services.

First things first though - the Particl fork. It's coming along nicely.

Well if you are going to increase the coin supply, maybe keep it at a few million increase. So the current max supply is 21 million, maybe you could increase it to 25 million which will give 4M for funding. I know you think that masternodes don't provide much but they can when it comes to dev funding as most nodes now have a 10% dev fund with the rest going to PoS and MN. So you could have 75% MN 15% PoS and 10% dev fund. Or if you can implement this in PoS some how that would be unique and can help with funding the project even further. Its nice to know the fork is coming along nicely my friend! Keep up the good work.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:04:52 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #38

Hello out there MOIN family and friends.  My name is Jookly.  You have found the MOIN fortnightlight update 38.  How nice.  The goal with these is to just simply summarize a bit of what occurred within the world of MOIN in the last two week period.  In general the MOIN networks main goals and efforts have been focused on organizing and progressing the swap, let's take a look at that and anything else that pops up.  (No ads though)

Whats Poppin' With The Swap Son?

The collaboration is real.  KingCaper is doing things related to actually preparing the "new" chain.  He posts tables with lots of numbers on them, if you want to get on that level talk to him I'm sure he would love to hear from you.  Simultaneously others are preparing logistics that will be required to actually accomplish this swap.  Think of a big check list related to who needs to be contacted, what needs to be done, leading up to during and after the swap.  One objective that is also seeing specific progress this week is what will eventually become the swap website, big shout out the Severus on his work there.

Moin Movement League Phase 10

Numbers are cool.  Lot's of reasons that is true but what is on my mind right now is that we just completed Moin Movement League Phase 10... Whoa.  That means we have given out 15,000 MOIN over the last 20 weeks.  There are 23 Twitter accounts being tracked for activity.  Fun fact: this phase getting 49 points resulted in 49 MOIN.

The competition was fierce as usual on the mean MOIN movement league streets. Payouts have been sent and phase 11 is on!

Press The Buttons

Hi, reader its me the year 1996 im here to tell you about chat rooms.  All you have to do is go to http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and choose the one that suits you best.  Operators are standing by to take your call!

Yours In Movement
 - Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

Nice to hear the coin swap progress is coming along, do you think we could get a rough idea on when the swap will take place? Like will it be before the year ends or the start of the new year? There are just 2 months left in the year so it would be nice to see it happen before the end of the year as we can start the new year fresh with the swapped coin.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:38:18 PM

Nice to hear the coin swap progress is coming along, do you think we could get a rough idea on when the swap will take place? Like will it be before the year ends or the start of the new year? There are just 2 months left in the year so it would be nice to see it happen before the end of the year as we can start the new year fresh with the swapped coin.

I wish I had a better answer for you vella but the truth is we are not working on a specific time frame currently so any guess I gave would be not right.  One thing I know for sure is we will give a wide time frame for the swap to be open to make effort to get all interested parties informed.
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 10:12:42 PM

I wish I had a better answer for you vella but the truth is we are not working on a specific time frame currently so any guess I gave would be not right.  One thing I know for sure is we will give a wide time frame for the swap to be open to make effort to get all interested parties informed.

I understand my friend, Its best not to give a time frame anyway as then people will expect it to be done by then. Just as long as everything is ticking along nicely, I'm happy as it does also give us more time to stake and buy more MOIN before this swap happens.

axllht

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:22:40 PM

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #39

Moin! That is a nice way of saying hello,or good morning or hey whats up.  Can you kind of hear the positivity as it rolls of your lips? Moin... Moin.! Moin!!!

3 Years? Whaaaaaat?

Yes its true.  You saw it on ever major news channel in the world this week we are celebrating the three year anniversary of Moin.  Windows tinted to the max cruising deep high for like 3 days.  That's a polite way of saying our chain is 3 years old. Nobody wants to talk about Moin so we dont need to go much deeper yet. 3 years. OK. Keep it rollin.  All my real friends are already staking.

Moin Movement League Phase 11

Earn.. Free.. Moin..  https://www.moinmovement.net to learn more! Its that simple. We want to make it so people can always earn MOIN.  Try out the system. Give feedback. Go!

Hey! Come Be Friends!

This is the section where i tell you to check out  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html , it is a list of ways to contact people who are involved with moin. If you are a person that wants some direct info about the project this is where you go.

Flowing
 - Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 10:14:09 PM

I can't believe it has been 3 years already for MOIN, it feels like yesterday when I first joined the MOIN community a couple of years ago now. I'm still here and staking waiting for the upcoming coin swap. I know the community isn't as active on here like it was in the early days but I see that its active on discord which I pop in and check to see whats happening every now and then. 2019 will be the year for MOIN!

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

MOIN is going to be delisted from C-Cex. It's for the best, they've been arbitrarily locking customer accounts for some time now. If you have any MOIN on there you have until the 1st of December to withdraw them.

MOIN wallets are available here: https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/latest.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:38:21 PM

MOIN is going to be delisted from C-Cex. It's for the best, they've been arbitrarily locking customer accounts for some time now. If you have any MOIN on there you have until the 1st of December to withdraw them.

MOIN wallets are available here: https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/latest.

I stopped using C-Cex over a year ago now as it seemed to me that some questionable things were going on. MOIN I don't think will miss this exchange at all as there are far better exchanges MOIN is on like Cryptopia and Livecoin so we should be good without having C-Cex exchange.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #40

Hey there MOIN world!  Yep it is me Jookly back yet again for a fortnightly update.  It has been a fairly quiet week with a lot of people enjoying family time and good food. It is really starting to feel festive!  Well ok let's load this update plate full of MOIN and dig in!

Moin Movement League Phase 12

Another successful phase.  I sent out the payouts before I started working on this update.  A big thanks as usual to all the participants and testers.  I'm still really excited about making the league better, it's been a slow process but its also enjoyable to work on and continue to learn.  Always looking for feedback and ideas so hit me up in the MOIN chat about anything relate to the Moin Movement League.

C-Cex Exchange Announced MOIN Delisting
MOIN is going to be delisted from C-Cex.  According to them it will be no longer listed as of December 1st. It's for the best, they've been arbitrarily locking customer accounts for some time now. If you have any MOIN on there you have until the 1st of December to withdraw them. If you have some over there make sure you withdraw.

Be MOIN!
If you have any ideas or feedback regarding MOIN or would simply like to hang out and chat there are several different ways to get in touch with other people interested in MOIN.  We have those methods listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  Hop in and say hello!

TTFN-
 - Jookly
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:38:01 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #41

Hello out there everyone.  Another two weeks already.  Coming up on the new year! I hope you are well wherever this note finds you. Time for a quick check in with the big wigs at MOIN hq.

Moin Movement League Phase 13

Phase 13 went well as usual.  In the moinmovement chat on discord we talked a bit this phase about how to adjust the parameters based on our current rules creating a lot of twitter spam.  If you have some suggestions be sure to drop into the chat and be part of the discussion.  Ideas are welcome!  I sent out the MOIN for phase 13 just a little earlier this evening so you should have it in your wallet by now.

Have A Great Two Weeks!
Certainly a short update but I will of course be back in another two weeks.  Stay warm and if you have a chance swing by one of our communication channels listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .

Until Next Time-
 - Jookly
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #42

Update number 42!  Cool!  I'm in the group of people that can't see that number without thinking of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.  So what is up.  We got the new year coming around the corner. Dip your ear nuggets in some of the MOIN sauce and take a bite.

Moin Movement League Phase 14

Phase 14 saw a large overhaul on the layout of the site. Big shout out to Robust for his design additions.  So far the feedback has been positive.  It was time for a switch up visually and also as the site's features and the way it is used become more clear so does the ways to best organize it.  I have a lot of ideas on how to continue improving the league and we will get to them step by step!

Swap Website Progress

The swap website crew (Severus and I) made a little progress at the beginning of this phase.  Essentially getting to the point of a login demo.  Before we really get going on the swap we need to have a nice smooth platform in place.  We have been trying to divide the work into front end and back end parts. I enjoy it and I like working with Severus.  As with a lot of passion and spare time work it can be slow but I really am excited with each bit of progress.

I got something to ask you
But not here.  Come join us through one of our communication options to say hi and find out whats up @  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  

Moin-
 - Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 08:52:10 PM

Been in MOIN for a couple of years now so I'm really hoping that 2019 is the year we finally start to see MOIN shine. Its good to see the community stick with this project for all this time even though it has become quiet in this thread this past year but on discord the community is super active which is great to see and I will always support MOIN as it was one of my first ever coins to buy. Thanks for all the updates through out the year Jookly and KingCapper and lets hope 2019 is a better year for MOIN and crypto in general. Happy Holidays!

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: