Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

Good update!  Wink

In BITCOIN we Trust.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 11:58:46 PM

Thanks once again for the update Jookly!

I really like the sounds of the Moin movement steam gaming group as this can attract a lot of gamer's to Moin. Having Moin gaming events in the future would be Awesome! I know another coin that does something similar and they reward the streamers coins for streaming games and mentioning the coin so maybe Moin could do something like this as well.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
kamalsharma100

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

I can see Moin wallet in Cryptopia put on maintenance for weeks now.  Anybody contacted Cryptopia to correct it?

▄▄█████████████████▄▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
▐█████████████████████████▌
███████████████████████████
█████▓█████████████████████
████▓█▓▓██▓███▓▓██▓████▓███
████▓▓█▓███▓▓▓▓███████▓████
▐█████████████████████████▌
 ▀███████████████████████▀
   ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
re

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄██▀▄▄████████▄▄▄ 
  ██ ████▄█  ███████
 ██ █████ ███  ██████
 ██ ██████    █▀█████
  ██ ███████████████
  ▀██▄▀▀██████████▀
    ▀███▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄ 
      ▀▀███████▀▀

k

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▄▄▀█▀▄▄▀█████
 █████ ████▄████ █████
 █████ █████████ █████
  █████▄▀█████▀▄█████
  ▀██████▄▀█▀▄██████▀
    ▀██████▄██████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  ███████████████████
 █████  ███████  █████
 █████████████████████
  ████▀█████████▀████
  ▀███▄▀███████▀▄███▀
    ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
n

█▀▀

█▄▄

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

▀▀█

▄▄█
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 11:40:37 PM

I can see Moin wallet in Cryptopia put on maintenance for weeks now.  Anybody contacted Cryptopia to correct it?

Yes a few of us in the community have contacted them however we are still waiting on a reply. Mine is now going back over 4 weeks now, I did read that it could take up to 6 weeks for a reply as I sent mine in when there were a lot support tickets and that they just hired more staff to get through them quicker so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now before we get a reply from them.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
adutlf88xn

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

Well, It seems it's not limited to txns originating from older versions of the client. On the plus side, it doesn't involve any actual loss of funds
ragnar07

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:50:52 PM

EQUAL and MOIN
both under 1 mill cap.
i expect 20x - 40x on both this year.

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 11:48:30 PM

Good news everyone! MOIN is now out of maintenance on Cryptopia so we can start depositing and withdrawing again. I have now closed my support ticket as there is no need for it anymore and others that have support tickets open should also close them to help the team out with less work. Now I can finally make that withdrawal I've been waiting to do for over a month.

Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:41:08 PM

Good news everyone! MOIN is now out of maintenance on Cryptopia so we can start depositing and withdrawing again. I have now closed my support ticket as there is no need for it anymore and others that have support tickets open should also close them to help the team out with less work. Now I can finally make that withdrawal I've been waiting to do for over a month.

Finally. Thx for the update. I'm sure we will see increase in volume, maybe even price wise
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 11:32:46 PM

Finally. Thx for the update. I'm sure we will see increase in volume, maybe even price wise

You're welcome! We did see some volume and price rise once the wallet was out of maintenance so lets hope it can continue. I'm looking to add another few thousand more MOIN to my stack in the coming days if all goes to plan with another coin I have and am thinking about selling for MOIN.

anthreelis

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:16:47 PM

And i'm glad there are a couple of good news from developers. Also wanted to say that stacking working like a charm. I will try to follow this thread and support moin project.
matinauthherll

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

Great update. Laptop giveaway is a great way to get more people involved. I will be participating 
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:35:06 PM

Great update. Laptop giveaway is a great way to get more people involved. I will be participating 

I'm sorry to say that the laptop giveaway is now over and has been for a few months now. However MOIN seems to have a giveaway every now and then so stick around as you will be able to join the next giveaway when it comes along.

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:06:55 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #27

Ok I am a few days late here with this fortnightly update.  The holiday weekend took hold of me.  Let's check out what was up in the last two weeks of MOIN.

Moin deposits and withdrawals reopen on Cryptopia

I know a lot of people were waiting on this and I am happy to say Cryptopia reopened their MOIN wallet for movement.  Good job to the MOIN community being patient and polite through that process.  No matter what coin or exchange you are dealing with remember that you introduce a third party risk by keeping your coins anywhere but under your direct control via private key.

Moin Movement League Continues

This was the third installment of Moin Movement League and its still going well I think.  Signups have dropped off a lot but participation has remained fairly consistent and I truly thank everyone who is taking the time to tweet, post on reddit, or just stop by with and idea or suggestion to the chat room.  Signups are open @ http://www.moinmovement.org/movement-league.html  .  Join us!

Remember to stop by and say hi, http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

- Jookly
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:38:37 AM
Merited by KingCaper (2)

Fortnightly Sunday Update #28

My calendar says it is time for another fortnightly update.  I tried to argue a bit but the calendar don't lie.  So here I am, creating an update for the lovely people of MOIN.

Moin Movement League Website Development

Working on creating a system for tracking and rewarding peoples social media participation in a more scaleable way than our current situation.  This is very much a work in progress and if you are interested in helping or have ideas definitely top by our chatroom and say hi http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html  . I appreciate the people who have helped test it or used it so far. I think we should be able to use the website for Moin Movement League operations soon.

Moin Movement League Payouts

While we might not have our really cool system for rewards implemented yet we are still continuing to reward people who have registered with the Moin Movement and participate by tweeting with the tag $MOIN .  Really nice work to anyone out there making an effort.  I will be sending out the rewards for this period after I finish posting this on various locations.   Cool

Talk to you all again soon.

- Jookly
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:14:41 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #29

Happy June solstice to everyone out there.  As our trajectory across the cosmos continues so do the Moin fortnightly updates.  Here comes a hot one off the edge of reality.

Moin Movement League Updates

The Moin Movement League beta site @ https://moinmovement.net has been updated with some additional functions.  These include a hero point/award tracker, activity feed, updated verification section, and 2 week phase tracker, basically the things we have discussed if you are following the conversation.  We are continuing forward with feedback and community driven development on this website and invite anyone interested to join in testing.  The best place to do so is through our chatrooms which you can find listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html  I want to extend a very genuine thank you to everyone that has been participating in this process.

We are getting close to being able to move all the way over to tracking participation via the new https://moinmovement.net website.  This week I am going to payout to all addresses that helped with the testing by testing the new registration and events.  I will take care of those payouts after I finish posting this to various places. I am looking forward to basing a payout on the scores from the website in one of our upcoming phases.

Peace
- Jookly
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:17:36 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 05:20:10 AM by Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #30

That's right folks its your favorite time again. Fortnightly updaaaaaaaate.  This has been one of the busiest two weeks in my life personally, non MOIN related, but anyway, it's time to take pause and breathe in a fresh breath of MOIN.

Moin Movement League

I'm pretty stoked to see participation up on the Moin Movement League website @ https://moinmovement.net .  We are definitely seeing an increase in general participation, both number of participants and engagement per participant.  I hope people are having fun or finding it interesting or just excited to receive some MOIN for participating.  All are welcome.

We only did some minor updates over this phase format wise but most of the design work is in progress. Axlht and I are in talks on regular basis about how the next design will look and I am excited to work towards bringing that vision into reality.

The distribution scheme for the payouts has been adjusted.  The first version was just some examples I took from a billards tournament but it was not going to be flexible enough for our needs.  The new payout schedule did reduce the reward for maybe the top two or three spots this phase but don't worry, I will just pay out whichever would have been higher this time <3 .

All feedback is appreciated and welcome. In particular right now if you have any additional ideas for actions that could be awarded points that would be very helpful.

Head over to our communication options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html to find a way to get in touch.

So as I mentioned above this phase I will be awarding each participant whichever payout schedule gave them a higher reward.  Truly appreciate everyone's help testing. I will get those payouts out as soon as I am done posting this around.  Keep up the great work.

Moin!
- Jookly
B3TeC

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
Merited by KingCaper (1)

If you always want to be up to date

JOIN US

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/

https://discord.gg/fMeBaZ
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:33:34 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #31

Yes folks it is I Jookly back with another fortnightly update.  Where I tell you everything I can think of that happened in the MOIN world within the last two weeks.  Let's get to it!

Moin Movement League

Currently the best kept secret in crypto  Wink .  A BIG thanks to everyone participating so far.  Activity was up again this phase and the competition is looking good.  We also had a few new registrations.  There have also been some updates to the website and tasks during this phase. 

Here are some adjustments that were made such as changing the points awarded for certain events and adding additional events. Things are changing fast so my apologies if I neglect to mention some change.
    • Verifying social media accounts reduced from 25 to 10 points
    • New Twitter tags, #Bemoin and #moinmovement
    • Tweet award reduced to 7 per tweet,1 every 24 hours (can get one award for each tag within that time)
    • New event type retweet , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • If retweets parent is part of the league then award original author bonus
    • Points for reddit post reduced from 25 to 15 points
    • New event type reddit comment , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • Similar bonus system to tweets and retweets, original author can gain points for comments
    • Activity in discord room #movementleague is now rewarded

I think this phase we can actually go straight off the outcome of the scores.  Cool!  I will go send out the MOIN after I am done posting this around.

Come Hang Out Or Get Help

As always feel free to stop by any of our communication channels if you need any assistance with the MOIN wallet, have an idea, or just want to hang out, http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

- Jookly
    Jookly
    Legendary

View Profile
    August 06, 2018, 12:24:39 AM
    Merited by KingCaper (2)

Fortnightly Sunday Update #32

What is up Moinarinos, hope you are all doing well out there.  Two weeks ago was the last fortnightly update.  Two weeks is a fortnight.  Well you can see where I am going with this.... ITS THE MOIN FORTNIGHTLY UPDATE!

Moin Movement League Phase 4

It wouldnt be a REAL Moin fortnightly update unless I start it out with the Moin Movement League portion now would it.  This week the competition was fierce as usual, a big thanks to everyone involved.  Many participants have been doing a great job reporting issues they are experiencing and just generally troubleshooting. I think everyone has been pretty happy with the payouts and I went ahead and sent the ones for Phase 4 before beginning on this write up.  The phases just continue one after another so Phase 5 has already begun. This is a really great time to participate in the moin movement league, you can even get a nice stakeable size stack of MOIN just by participating for a couple phases.

I don't have a giant list of changes this phase but have been plugging away at what I guess we can call version two of the front end.  It is going to look a lot better but instead of tease you I will just get it done and show you in a few days.

We Want More Info!!

People ask me all the time for some more information about what is going on with MOIN.  I tell everything I know every two weeks in this update and for quite some time all the content has been around the movement league.  So I have struggled in a way on how to report on this lack of updates.  I don't want every update to include some sort of apology for there being no further info but I also want to address it occasionally. Hence this paragraph. Smiley

Don't Be Shy.... Come Say Hi!

If you swing by one of our chat rooms someone is usually pretty quick to answer questions so that is a great place to get in touch or you can also use our social media options on reddit and facebook.  Full options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Stay Hydrated!
       - Jookly[/list]
      KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
      Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
      August 14, 2018, 01:44:47 PM

Hello all. I've been meaning to make a post regarding the current state of the project and its future for a while. It took a bit longer than intended, but here it is. It's a long one.

First off, I want to thank Jookly and the rest of the guys for holding everything together so well while I was away. I think it says something that at the arse-end of a pretty horrific bear market, almost everyone involved in the project is still here and still involved. Plus I think we've all learned a lot over the last couple of years, so, internally at least, the project is stronger than ever.

Secondly, I'd like to apologise for the lack of communication. It was unforeseen, but I still should have dropped in or gotten word to someone. My bad. If ever I'm pulled away unexpectedly again, I'll make sure to keep everyone informed.
      I'd also like to apologise to the rest of the team - a while back I suggested that we didn't need to wait for developmental targets before making an effort to build the community. Basically, I was saying while I worked on the back-end I'd be grateful if work was done on that front by others. The team have absolutely answered the call with the reopening of the MOIN Movement League and the constant additions and improvements to it, and I haven't been keeping up my end of the bargain. Again, my apologies.

So... it's time to get back to work.

THE PLATFORM

The Platform was/is (depending on what we choose) to be a content publishing platform. The wallet was to have a friendly interface allowing someone to easily create a proof-of-existence and proof-of-ownership (of a song, short film, ebook etc.)  and embed it in the MOIN blockchain. It'd then give them the option of creating a magnet link if they planned on sharing the file. The wallet was also going to have a fully-featured torrent client with a simple way to send MOIN to the originator of any file(s) you had downloaded/were downloading.

I was pretty excited about it at the time. My excitement's waned a little since then, for several reasons. Several other projects have sprung up since then, some with systems pretty close to what I'd envisioned. And there are probably others that I'm not aware of. Also, with the scale that crypto projects have now reached, the original idea for The Platform seems a little less exciting. It's hard not to look around at some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the space and not have greater ambitions for MOIN.
      Still, I do like the idea - and should the community decide that that's the way to go, I'll be happy to work on it.

This is the mockup of the UI crz made way back when:

I got as far as having most of the UI coded with the client handling magnet links using libtorrent.

MOIN'S FUTURE - The Options

The way I see it, we have 3 main options. I've been caught between them for a while, so lets make the decision together so that we can get things moving again.

1. PLATFORM ON THE CURRENT CODEBASE

With this option, we'd stick with the current chain and codebase and build The Platform upon it. The advantages are that it would take less work and would allow for The Platform to be realised more quickly.

2. THE PLATFORM ON THE PARTICL CODEBASE

With this option, we would clone and adapt the PARTICL codebase, then build The Platform upon it. The advantages are numerous: we'd inherit some of the great features the PART team have implemented, such as Cold Staking; we'd be close enough to the Bitcoin codebase to benefit from the work of the Bitcoin Core devs; we could set aside a premined amount to fund the project. I feel like the Particl team (since the transition from SDC) have shown how with canny management a huge amount can be achieved with a fairly modest (by crypto standards at least) sum of money.

3. RESEARCH PHASE & SOMETHING ENTIRELY NEW

This is by far the most radical and ambitious proposal. There are developers and engineers in this space who I admire greatly. Guys like Pieter Wuille, Gregory Maxwell, Andrew Poelstra - their knowledge and skill-levels are exceptional and are something I aspire to. Fortunately crypto has put me in a position where I have the time and means to follow my curiosity.

So this option would involve me spending some time studying mathematics, decentralised systems and the various other related fields in order to improve my general understanding, with the long-term goal of creating a system that solves at least one of the big problems in the space. It would of course take considerably more time than the above two options.

If the community chooses this option, the current project would be maintained in so far as any critical bugs would be patched. And as any future project would almost certainly involve a new chain and code base, anyone capable would be welcome to make pull requests or contact me to discuss any bigger ideas they have for the current codebase.

So, what does everyone think? If you can think of other points for or against any of the options, let me know in a reply and I can add them to the post.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERRED OPTION ABOVE

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
      Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
        Print  

Jump to: