Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:15:15 PM

Been in MOIN for a couple of years now so I'm really hoping that 2019 is the year we finally start to see MOIN shine. Its good to see the community stick with this project for all this time even though it has become quiet in this thread this past year but on discord the community is super active which is great to see and I will always support MOIN as it was one of my first ever coins to buy. Thanks for all the updates through out the year Jookly and KingCapper and lets hope 2019 is a better year for MOIN and crypto in general. Happy Holidays!

Quietness in Bitcointalk has become industry tendency as more and more everyone migrates to Discord, Telegram other channels of communication which are better.

In BITCOIN we Trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:21:53 PM

Been in MOIN for a couple of years now so I'm really hoping that 2019 is the year we finally start to see MOIN shine. Its good to see the community stick with this project for all this time even though it has become quiet in this thread this past year but on discord the community is super active which is great to see and I will always support MOIN as it was one of my first ever coins to buy. Thanks for all the updates through out the year Jookly and KingCapper and lets hope 2019 is a better year for MOIN and crypto in general. Happy Holidays!

Quietness in Bitcointalk has become industry tendency as more and more everyone migrates to Discord, Telegram other channels of communication which are better.

I still think that a lot of people come to this forum to find out about cryptocurrencies, its hard to find a new project on discord unless you are in the discord servers that promote new projects. I agree that discord and telegram are better at communicating then on here but still this forum is the best place to find out about all things crypto related. Its good to see Jookly posting the MOIN updates here as this is where I mainly get all the MOIN information and sometimes I go to their discord and check their twitter but I mainly come on here.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:00:46 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #43

What up moinamaniacs. It's your big bro Jooks comin' through with the update as usual.  Not surprised... but glad.  Let's get to it then.

Moin Movement League Phase 15

Awesome phase everyone.  There have definitly been some subtle updates this phase as well.  Mostly based around things on the backed which were not functioning properly.  So that's cool. Of course I also sent out this phase's bounties.  Let's keep it rollin'.

Moin Patches
So dope..... Rumbles had some really nice looking iron on MOIN patches made up. 

If you want one or two hit him up on our chat channels.  Excellent initiative Rumbles. Thank you.

Bro pass that MOIN
MOIN is a small crypto community so if you want to join it is actually really easy all you have to do is go to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  We hope to see you soon Smiley

Until next time
-Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 04:35:48 AM

I know KingCaper isn't one for roadmaps however is there any estimate time frame this year for when the swap will take place? I think it is a good time to announce something on the swap as the year just started. 2018 was a bad year for crypto and a lot of projects didn't do much including MOIN so I'm hoping that we see something this year with this project. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:24:48 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #44

Hello!  It is that time again.  I am the Moin "community manager" and this is the Moin fortnightly update.  In case you are new we just try to touch base once ever two weeks regardless of what is going on.  If there is news this is where it will be, it's also an opportunity to say hello and repeat our social media links for those that may not be aware of them.

Vella's Asks About The Swap

Long time Moin supporter Vella asked "I know KingCaper isn't one for roadmaps however is there any estimate time frame this year for when the swap will take place? I think it is a good time to announce something on the swap as the year just started. 2018 was a bad year for crypto and a lot of projects didn't do much including MOIN so I'm hoping that we see something this year with this project. "

It's a very reasonable question so I want to try and explain this as clearly as possible.  

MOIN is a 100% open source and community driven project.  It is literally up to us, the community, to produce anything.  Even our lead developer KingCaper can be thought of as a member of the community.

The answer is that no one is working on a roadmap right now.  What several people are working on is producing a website to facilitate the swap and also the work related to actually creating the new chain that the coins will be swapped to.  This progress comes in waves as people have time to put toward the project.  I don't see anything stopping us from getting it accomplished but setting a specific deadline would not increase our productivity and would almost certainly lead to disappointment if the deadline was not reached.  

Really appreciate your question Vella and I hope this answer suffices for now.

Moin Movement League Phase 16

Moin Movement is a website I have been building with the help of the community over the last year.  The idea is to reward participants for various things. Ranging from being active in our discord chat, or posting in our subreddit, or tweeting with certain tags attached.   You can check it out at moinmovement.net.  This phase we began testing our contest module.  The first contest generated a couple of entries and was essentially just a test of our format to make these contests.  If you are interested in participating please check out our social media channels listed in the next section.  We are always happy for new ideas.

MOIN Social Channels
We are a crypto movement built on voluntary and open contribution.  Anything you see with MOIN on it has been created by an individual who felt motivated to contribute.  If this resonates with you please consider joining us.  You don't need to have any MOIN to join.  Simply head over to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  You will be greeted by one of the friendliest crypto communities in the entire space time continuum.

MOIN!
-Jookly
ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:27:54 PM

Good update. Can’t wait for the swap!

Also, I am a little sad about cryptopia rektness.
This was a devestation to small and micro cap coins and their communities...

In BITCOIN we Trust.
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 10:01:08 PM

Thanks Jookly for the reply, if I was tech savvy then I would help out but that isn't something I am good at. I can help out with marketing which I normally do anyway but have been super busy lately with other projects but I hope to get back to tweeting about MOIN again soon.

Not good about Cryptopia but lets remain positive and hope that they can come back from this hack. There are always other exchanges out there that MOIN can list on so losing Cryptopia for now isn't a big problem as MOIN is still listed on some good exchanges.

kamalsharma100

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 05:52:19 AM

No trading volume for Moin for days now and I fear it being delisted from only two exchanges Moin is currently listed at. 

▄▄█████████████████▄▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
▐█████████████████████████▌
███████████████████████████
█████▓█████████████████████
████▓█▓▓██▓███▓▓██▓████▓███
████▓▓█▓███▓▓▓▓███████▓████
 ▀███████████████████████▀
   ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
re

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄██▀▄▄████████▄▄▄ 
  ██ ████▄█  ███████
 ██ █████ ███  ██████
 ██ ██████    █▀█████
  ██ ███████████████
  ▀██▄▀▀██████████▀
    ▀███▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄ 
      ▀▀███████▀▀

k

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▄▄▀█▀▄▄▀█████
 █████ ████▄████ █████
 █████ █████████ █████
  █████▄▀█████▀▄█████
  ▀██████▄▀█▀▄██████▀
    ▀██████▄██████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  ███████████████████
 █████  ███████  █████
 █████████████████████
  ████▀█████████▀████
  ▀███▄▀███████▀▄███▀
    ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
n

█▀▀

█▄▄

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

▀▀█

▄▄█
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:47:43 PM

No trading volume for Moin for days now and I fear it being delisted from only two exchanges Moin is currently listed at. 
There is no volume cause cryptopia was hacked and trading is suspended for all coins
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 10:14:24 PM

There is no volume cause cryptopia was hacked and trading is suspended for all coins

He means on other exchanges as MOIN is listed on Coinexchange and I believe Livecoin which doesn't seem to be showing up on CMC. The problem is that most of the volume came from Cryptopia which of course we was hacked and not sure when it will be coming back if ever. Also I don't think many people know that MOIN is listed on Coinexchange and that is why we see no volume. I personally think MOIN needs to look at listing on more exchanges now as relying on one or two exchanges isn't good as anything can happen. There are a lot more exchanges out there now days with some having cheap listing fees so maybe they can be the ones MOIN can target for a listing.

5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 06:36:21 PM

He means on other exchanges as MOIN is listed on Coinexchange and I believe Livecoin which doesn't seem to be showing up on CMC. The problem is that most of the volume came from Cryptopia which of course we was hacked and not sure when it will be coming back if ever. Also I don't think many people know that MOIN is listed on Coinexchange and that is why we see no volume. I personally think MOIN needs to look at listing on more exchanges now as relying on one or two exchanges isn't good as anything can happen. There are a lot more exchanges out there now days with some having cheap listing fees so maybe they can be the ones MOIN can target for a listing.

Yea, I kinda agree, but that will not solve the issue of volume. We have to think about new exchanges when we get some development news. The number of exchanges would make the coin more available indeed, but the volume will increase only if we get people interested in it, and without development or marketing, nobody will know it exists. The community is extremely cool... we all kinda binded with each other, but the sad truth is that people can do that on any other project that has a small community with the initial common link being a coin/token whatever.

And even if some of us make something that promotes moin in a way or the other, it's still kinda useless since nobody is working on it currently. Without updates, or partners, possible use cases etc, we can't do much...

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 08:11:10 PM

The volume was pretty much zero when Cryptopia was functional as well. Coinexchange and Livecoin seem underrated but also people hopefully have learned to be cautious with what they put on any exchange.  I don't see delisting from either as a very likely outcome at the moment when I look through the list of coins on those sites MOIN is not really at the bottom of the barrel, the barrel seems to go really deep.  I think MOIN is safe from that.  The simple truth is that the only way to create volume is to buy or sell coins.  Volume begets more volume.  Personally, trading MOIN is not my prerogative and the satisfaction I derive from my interaction with MOIN is quite simply not related to the price or other trading variables. I would encourage people who find that to be an important aspect of the coin to take their own actions. 

Like Sosky pointed out it's not likely that new people will be interested in buying MOIN without some compelling motivation, which could come in several different forms. There are a sea of coins in similar situations as MOIN, so it doesn't really stand out in any particular way.  It makes it a risky and difficult coin to get involved with.  My attempts to create an inclusive and forthright organization to support MOIN are pretty clear and we do have a unique system allowing people to procure MOIN without any investment.  Of course this is not going to fix the perceived problem of trading volume either.

I will push back on the idea that no one is working on it however, only because I have put too much work into certain aspects to have my work be considered nothing.  And have seen the work others are doing as well.  The only people that can really say nothing is being done... are those that are doing nothing.

Anyway those are some of my thoughts on MOIN at the moment.
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 10:27:20 PM

The problem now days is that people looking to buy into a project want to see developments or a roadmap/WP on where the project is heading. Right now we don't have anything like this with MOIN so no one is willing to buy as right now we don't know what is going on. The long term supporters will stick around but it will be hard to bring in new people if there is nothing to show for the future. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm just stating out the facts in which people look for when buying into a projects. I have been a long term supporter and will continue to support MOIN as I believe in the dev team that one day we'll see MOIN succeed.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 12:20:16 AM

Not taken the wrong way Vella, we are saying the same thing essentially in regards to why MOIN is a risky coin to get involved in, especially for people who perceive themselves as investors or traders. 
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:01:18 PM

Not taken the wrong way Vella, we are saying the same thing essentially in regards to why MOIN is a risky coin to get involved in, especially for people who perceive themselves as investors or traders. 

True my friend, I would even go as far as saying that even the new projects that come out are more risky then MOIN. Why I say this is that MOIN has been here for years now and is still alive and kicking, yes of course we would like to see some developments and a roadmap on where MOIN is heading but I think it is a lot less risky then the new MN projects that are popping up daily and at least 95% of them are scams. 

5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 11:42:56 PM

I will push back on the idea that no one is working on it however, only because I have put too much work into certain aspects to have my work be considered nothing.  And have seen the work others are doing as well.  The only people that can really say nothing is being done... are those that are doing nothing.

Fuck... I think the last post of mine came out the wrong way... I am sorry, I didnt want it to sound like that  Embarrassed

I was referring to the development side of things, code, integration with... things... fuck...sorry again... I can't wait to finish my exams and visit the discord more often...

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:51:38 PM

Fuck... I think the last post of mine came out the wrong way... I am sorry, I didnt want it to sound like that  Embarrassed

I was referring to the development side of things, code, integration with... things... fuck...sorry again... I can't wait to finish my exams and visit the discord more often...

No apology necessary Sosky.  I understand where you are coming from and the progress is very hard to see unless you are one of the two or three people working on things was my only point.  Good luck on those exams!
kamalsharma100

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 03:31:48 AM

Yea, I kinda agree, but that will not solve the issue of volume. We have to think about new exchanges when we get some development news. The number of exchanges would make the coin more available indeed, but the volume will increase only if we get people interested in it, and without development or marketing, nobody will know it exists. The community is extremely cool... we all kinda binded with each other, but the sad truth is that people can do that on any other project that has a small community with the initial common link being a coin/token whatever.

And even if some of us make something that promotes moin in a way or the other, it's still kinda useless since nobody is working on it currently. Without updates, or partners, possible use cases etc, we can't do much...

Usually whenever hack happens, volume shifts from the hacked exchange to another exchange, but here trading is just not happening and I fear Moin being delisted from the current active exchanges (where Moin is trading) as well and no exchange to trade Moin if and when this happens.

▄▄█████████████████▄▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
█████▓█████████████████████
████▓█▓▓██▓███▓▓██▓████▓███
████▓▓█▓███▓▓▓▓███████▓████
 ▀███████████████████████▀
   ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
re

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄██▀▄▄████████▄▄▄ 
  ██ ████▄█  ███████
 ██ █████ ███  ██████
 ██ ██████    █▀█████
  ██ ███████████████
  ▀██▄▀▀██████████▀
    ▀███▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄ 
      ▀▀███████▀▀

k

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▄▄▀█▀▄▄▀█████
 █████ ████▄████ █████
 █████ █████████ █████
  █████▄▀█████▀▄█████
  ▀██████▄▀█▀▄██████▀
    ▀██████▄██████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄█████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████▄
  ███████████████████
 █████  ███████  █████
 █████████████████████
  ████▀█████████▀████
  ▀███▄▀███████▀▄███▀
    ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
n

█▀▀

█▄▄

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

▀▀█

▄▄█
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 12:47:36 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2019, 01:38:05 PM by Jookly

Usually whenever hack happens, volume shifts from the hacked exchange to another exchange, but here trading is just not happening and I fear Moin being delisted from the current active exchanges (where Moin is trading) as well and no exchange to trade Moin if and when this happens.

You are just repeating yourself.  So I guess I will too.  The volume on cryptopia was almost always ZERO on any random day.  Moin isn't at risk of delisting from its other exchanges.  You are just making that up.

For a more detailed response read the messages above.
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 10:30:59 PM

You are just repeating yourself.  So I guess I will too.  The volume on cryptopia was almost always ZERO on any random day.  Moin isn't at risk of delisting from its other exchanges.  You are just making that up.

For a more detailed response read the messages above.

Even if for some reason MOIN does get delisted which is very unlikely due to the fact that MOIN is running perfectly and so is the explorer and website, there are many more exchanges out there for MOIN. I believe Coinexchange won't delist a coin if they have a working explorer and website so we should be fine. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is CoinMarketCap as they have been delisting coins recently that have no volume for a long time and this is something we don't want to happen with MOIN.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: