Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 04:46:54 PM
Merited by KingCaper (2)

So what is going on development wise? I see that vella asked the same question but got no answer.  The voting occurred last year & the plan was to do a swap to the PART codebase. If I'm not mistaken we re now taking another direction. I know that this is a "hobby" project but a sense of direction for the community is needed.

So it would be helpful to get an official statement from the dev just to know where we stand. I would rather get regular updates saying nothing was done than this silence that has been going on for a while. I presume dev is busy but I believe droping in once a month wouldn't present too much of a burden.

I believe Moin can find it's niche in crypto but for that we need better communication. When I bought moin, dev was posting here every once in a while and that was the reason I invested. So if we want more people join this community it wouldn't hurt to hear from the dev from time to time.

I appreciate Jookly's updates but more substance development wise wouldn't hurt even if those updates were on a monthly/quarterly base.

Hope this will be seen as a positive critique and not a FUD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 02:16:12 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (4)

Moin all! Sorry for the delay Ferdo & vella85, it's been a while since I checked the topic.

Although it is a hobby project (in that I can't work on it full-time right now), it is one I take seriously. And I spend at least part of each day working on it. As I've learned more my ambitions for MOIN have grown and I'd like it to be as successful as possible. I feel the best option is as a custom built general-purpose coin (probably with smart contract support). Recently I've been working on improving my technical knowledge as I don't see how any of this happens without a thoroughly knowledgeable project leader. Here's my rough plan:

• A further 1-2 months of study
  • 1 month designing the system
  • 3 months prototyping/experimenting in high-level language
  • Actual implementation
  • Coin-swap and possible crowd-funding round

From now on I'll try to make a post updating you all every couple weeks in between Jookly's updates.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Ferdo

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:21:17 PM

Moin all! Sorry for the delay Ferdo & vella85, it's been a while since I checked the topic.

Although it is a hobby project (in that I can't work on it full-time right now), it is one I take seriously. And I spend at least part of each day working on it. As I've learned more my ambitions for MOIN have grown and I'd like it to be as successful as possible. I feel the best option is as a custom built general-purpose coin (probably with smart contract support). Recently I've been working on improving my technical knowledge as I don't see how any of this happens without a thoroughly knowledgeable project leader. Here's my rough plan:

• Actual implementation

From now on I'll try to make a post updating you all every couple weeks in between Jookly's updates.

Wonderful response. Tackled all my points. Glad to see that work is being done. Looking forward to the next update
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 09:59:39 PM

• Actual implementation

Thanks KingCaper!

Its always nice to see you in here posting updates on what you are currently working on and hopefully all this starts to pay off in the near future.

I'm happy to keep holding and staking MOIN while we wait as I still believe that we have something unique and special here and that is why I haven't sold a single coin since I got in a few years ago.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 11:28:02 PM

Your presentation looks very clean and professional! Well done!
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:50:45 PM

This weeks update was written by treefrog!  Big thanks to tree for stepping up to help out!

Fortnightly Moinday Update #50

Woo hoo! It's the 50th update! Everyone here before this update deserves a veteran discount on moin Cheesy.

Moin Movement Payouts

Jookly will send the $MOIN payouts today, so don't worry about not getting your precious moin.

Moin Mobile Chat App?

Rumbles mentioned how he still wants a mobile chat app powered by ShadowChat. I also think this would be an interesting idea. Let us know what you think.

Moin Community Showcase

Since there hasn't been a lot going on in the recent updates, I think it would be a cool idea to have a fortnightly showcase of pictures, artwork, projects, and/or designs made by the moin community! Please let me know if you like this idea.

This month's stuff:

The Book of Moin by Coffeemaker

App Design by Rumbles

Moin bot by Coffeemaker

Chat rooms and Moin Movement

If you are interested in getting a little Moin to test out feel free to try it out @ www.moinmovement.net .  And of course if you need any help with it or other questions swing over to one of our chat rooms or other social media options which are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html.

Till next time folks!

-tree frog
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 03:49:59 PM

• Actual implementation

Hello all. Still in the study phase as per the rough plan. I came into this with bucketfuls of naive optimism, but without a CS degree or years of experience. Hence the studying.

I've some familial obligations that will limit my free time over the next few weeks, but I intend to work when I can. If anyone with the desire and ability would like to build upon the current codebase while I'm designing the new system, then let me know.

Hope you're all happy, healthy, exercising regularly, getting enough B-vitamins etc.  Wink

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 10:12:33 PM

Is this Moin bot by Coffeemaker used in discord servers to give free Moin coins to members? If so I would like to have this bot in our server as I would like to give our members some Moin and introduce them to Moin. Also maybe Moin could take a look at listing on Panda bot as it can help get some exposure.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:42:54 AM

Fortnightly Update #51

Yeeee haaaaa. It has been yet another two weeks.  That means of course that it is time for the 51st moin update! So get your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches bagged up, your helmets strapped on, and lets go!

Moin Movement

This was the 23rd Moin Movement phase. Payouts went out earlier this afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring!  Thanks participants!

King Caper Post On Bitcointalk

KingCaper has posted a couple times in April in the bitcointalk thread so I thought I could link to those for people who might have missed them.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50441337#msg50441337 is the first one and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50739793#msg50739793 the second.  Thanks for checking in KingCaper!

Moin Chat rooms

Head over to http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html to check out different ways to get in contact . Moin moin!

Talk to you again soon!-
  Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 10:41:42 PM

I can't believe at how fast time goes by here, just think the fortnightly updates have almost been going for 2 years now. I think Moin has stood the test of time now which is good and once we see some developments people will come as the chain has been online for years.

Jookly, I sent you a PM on discord about setting up the Moin tip bot for our server as we will like to give our members some Moin and maybe get them interested in the project as I haven't seen any other server have Moin tip bot. It could help with some exposure.

Hulkpool

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:09:22 PM

So, I love Moin. Been with it for a while now.

I was wondering. Should I be worried about my wallet staking but it not being accepted?

Seems like I haven't staked for a few days now, and when I do that happens. So I thought someone could help.

Thanks in advance
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 09:56:29 PM

I was wondering. Should I be worried about my wallet staking but it not being accepted?

Seems like I haven't staked for a few days now, and when I do that happens. So I thought someone could help.

Thanks in advance

Hmm, I have also been staking MOIN for a very long time now but everything is working as it has always for me. Maybe you just are unlucky when staking? So you are getting no stakes at all and they are all orphan stakes? If so then something could be wrong, I sometimes get a few orphans daily but not a whole lot.

Hulkpool

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:56:21 PM

Thanks in advance

Hmm, I have also been staking MOIN for a very long time now but everything is working as it has always for me. Maybe you just are unlucky when staking? So you are getting no stakes at all and they are all orphan stakes? If so then something could be wrong, I sometimes get a few orphans daily but not a whole lot.

Yea, I was staking a while back. But I had computer problems. And when I got it back up. The chain was messed up. So I redid that from scratch.

Since.. I've staked. I didn't expect to stake every day/other day like I did before all of it. But since I've barely staked. Which I expected cause people buy and sell all that jazz. But now it just seems like my staking are only orphan blocks.

Was thinking of creating a new address and sending it there, maybe to help. What do you think?
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 10:12:43 PM

Thanks in advance

Yea, I was staking a while back. But I had computer problems. And when I got it back up. The chain was messed up. So I redid that from scratch.

Since.. I've staked. I didn't expect to stake every day/other day like I did before all of it. But since I've barely staked. Which I expected cause people buy and sell all that jazz. But now it just seems like my staking are only orphan blocks.

Was thinking of creating a new address and sending it there, maybe to help. What do you think?

Well I know that the network weight has increased over a period of time and staking is getting harder for people with less then 10k MOIN. I think there is no harm in creating a new address and sending your MOIN there to see if that would help. I hope everything works out for you mate.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:36:36 AM

Fortnightly Update #52

And so it was that our crypto travelers came upon the Moin fortnightly update 52.  Hope today's update finds you well.  Not much new to report.  I will reiterate the links to KingCaper's most recent communications again this update incase anyone missed them and to make them easier to find.  Also a happy mothers day to all the mommas out there.

Moin Movement Phase 24 payout

Sent out the phase 24 payouts just before sitting down to type up this update.  Cha-ching! Thanks to all participants as always! Smiley

King Caper Post On Bitcointalk

As I mentioned up above this is a repeat from last fortnight update but I am putting it here as well to increase the ability for people to see it. 
KingCaper has posted a couple times in April in the bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50441337#msg50441337 is the first one and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50739793#msg50739793 the second.

Bu bye-
  Jookly
Ferdo

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:32:26 PM

Thanks in advance

If I'm not mistaken you can also send to them to the same address i.e. the current one...
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 10:35:26 PM

Thanks in advance

If I'm not mistaken you can also send to them to the same address i.e. the current one...

Another way around this is to send your MOIN to the exchange, delete the wallet and create a new wallet by downloading it. Then send the coins to the new wallet and new address. I recently did this with a coin and after that it was working smoothly again. As a precaution save the wallet.dat on a USB just in case. You could also save the database and txleveldb folders somewhere on your PC/laptop and once you download the new wallet, just add these 2 folders so you don't have to sync the blockchain from the start.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 04:22:44 PM

Hey folks. Just checking in. As I mentioned a while back, this month I had obligations that left me with little time for other things. Back to normal next week.

The road ahead seems pretty clear, but it'll probably be a while before I've anything concrete to report. Rest assured though, I'm working on it.

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:46:51 PM

Hey folks. Just checking in. As I mentioned a while back, this month I had obligations that left me with little time for other things. Back to normal next week.

The road ahead seems pretty clear, but it'll probably be a while before I've anything concrete to report. Rest assured though, I'm working on it.

No problem KingCaper, its nice to see you post in here every now and then to let people know that you are still around. I know you ain't going anywhere however I know people like to see an active dev even if it is as a hello or like what you have just posted. I know that MOIN is a long term hold which I knew when I first bought my first stack of MOIN a few years ago now. Take care mate.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 01:28:26 PM

Still learning. Next topics: Software Architecture and Time Complexity. If anyone's interesting in starting a study group let me know.  Wink

Moin!

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: