Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would customers use Bitcoins?  (Read 133882 times)
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

the only reason why im using bitcoin as my primary payment option because the anonimity, and why you worried just because 3 cent? nothing worth to buy with 3 cent, and just for information, credit card is very dangerous, its really vulnerable to be stolen by hacker
A credit card are certainly not the safest option nowadays but still the majority of transactions passes through it. I join the above that the relative anonymity and safety are the main advantages of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bearex (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:27:53 PM

I understand the anonimity part, but in reality it is not neccessary most of the times, like buying groceries, a computer, a cup of coffee. But it definetly is a plus, because of less chance of identity-theft.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:29:17 PM

if we compare them with the creadit cards then in bitcoin we get safer transaction and its easy to start with nobody needs any course or anything to understand this its simple , secure and also it dont take any credentials to start with
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:52:37 PM

Many reason for customer to use bitcoin,one of them is small fee,lets compare it with western union or any bank account..it more less fee
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:14:58 PM

With a credit card, someone can commit credit card fraud with just a name and credit card number.

No name is needed. I use Frodo Baggins on my online credit card payments for my name (that's not my real name  Wink ).

Buy & Hold
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:11:06 PM

You can't compare using bitcoin with using a credit card. Because the credit card companies charge a service fee for every transaction.
I don't know what kind of deal Shift has with Visa to waive these fees in order to pass on the savings of those to the customer.
Coinbase has a card but I would imagine that the pay per use is in order since it's a debit card and all the banks charge you to use their's on every transaction.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Sending money with bitcoin is fast but more over very cheap. Yes cheap is something everybody wants.
You are doing the same (creditcard or bitcoin) and that is sending money, yet you save over 90% on fees...
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:44:20 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 11:42:48 AM by pedrog

There's no real benefit for average user, bitcoin is a lot harder to use, its volatile nature makes it a gamble to have, and it does not have the normal safe guards credit cards have.

Credit cards are credit, people only have to pay in the end of the month or when the cycle ends, that's probably why they are so common.

The benefit for the merchant is to appeal to a wider audience, specially when bitcoin price goes up and bitcoiners wanna spend their recently obtained riches.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:32:16 PM

Because we can pay any service provided remotely, and hide our identity. It is quick and cheap. No one is easy to identify the source of the money.

The bitcoin transaction is traceable. If you pay with your bitcoin to a on line shop, and the goods is delivered to your home. From that moment on, all the bitcoin in that wallet address will be linked to you. It is not anonymous any more. The authority can ask the shops to reveal your identity.
That's absolutely true. You can stay anonymous as long as you only transfer money from wallet to wallet. But if you pay for an item or for a service where you need to reveal your identity, anonimity is over. If you want to hide your bitcoins, you need to have a wallet for spending and you need to top it up only very before the purchase. If you can use variety of wallets to top up the spending wallet, you won't be anonymous but your remaining BTC's were still be hidden.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:12:50 AM

Because we can pay any service provided remotely, and hide our identity. It is quick and cheap. No one is easy to identify the source of the money.

The bitcoin transaction is traceable. If you pay with your bitcoin to a on line shop, and the goods is delivered to your home. From that moment on, all the bitcoin in that wallet address will be linked to you. It is not anonymous any more. The authority can ask the shops to reveal your identity.
That's absolutely true. You can stay anonymous as long as you only transfer money from wallet to wallet. But if you pay for an item or for a service where you need to reveal your identity, anonimity is over. If you want to hide your bitcoins, you need to have a wallet for spending and you need to top it up only very before the purchase. If you can use variety of wallets to top up the spending wallet, you won't be anonymous but your remaining BTC's were still be hidden.

Yes if you hold multiple wallets then your bitcoins are safe but still your identity would be disclosed once the purchase is made but I don't think there would be any issue if the small purchases are made using bitcoins, but to be on safer side it's better to keep it safe in cold storage for the future and purchases should be made by using fiat  Grin
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:13:41 AM

They use bitcoin because it easy to pay bills and other cause its virtual currency and its true.
1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:04:57 AM

They use bitcoin because it easy to pay bills and other cause its virtual currency and its true.
yes exactly, and also no tax and possible lower cost overall to store and move money!
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:08:15 AM

The one thing I would say that is a plus for bitcoin is that transactions are nearly instant. I personally hate how banks/cc transactions don't show up for a few days.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
quad588

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:14:05 AM

The one thing I would say that is a plus for bitcoin is that transactions are nearly instant. I personally hate how banks/cc transactions don't show up for a few days.
nearly instant?
They have always been instant for me!! I think you mean confirmations, which take up to an hour...
but yes, sending instant, confirming not so instant
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:20:27 AM

nearly instant?
They have always been instant for me!! I think you mean confirmations, which take up to an hour...
but yes, sending instant, confirming not so instant

Well yes but for some things you have to wait until the confirm to use them, but either way much faster than the banks and cc companies. Especially with stuff such as ACH transfers and Wires

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 05:19:38 AM

I want to use a debit card thats tied to btc but the fees are to high right now with the ones ive seen. Figure it will be a year or so til we have more options. Once that happens I will always use btc.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

the only reason why im using bitcoin as my primary payment option because the anonimity, and why you worried just because 3 cent? nothing worth to buy with 3 cent, and just for information, credit card is very dangerous, its really vulnerable to be stolen by hacker

Yeah 3 cent is nothing but that is interesting that bitcoin is your primary payment that is just awesome.

Well I don't use my credit card that often so I am not worried.

quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:56:03 PM

so many reason why customer use bitcoin,i will write it some.
1. easy to use,you can use it anywhere as you find bitcoin ATM or by smartphone with internet connection
2. friendly for newbie,newbie not feel hard to use and understand bitcoin procces
3. non physical,its benefit for busy man,not have to bring bag or physical wallet
4. easy to carry,just bring smartphone,you can bring payment method
5. fast payment,fast and low fee,its loving by anyone who using payment.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 02:22:56 PM

I came to figure out, why would a consumer/customer use Bitcoins?
You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

So what is really a benefit for using Bitcoins, customer wise?

In my opinion, none if the price is exactly the same. Yes... they are safer, yes you do not have to apply for a credit card and all that, but most customers do not mind that, as most have credit cards already.

The real benefit is in sites that sell goods cheaper in Bitcoin, for example, using purse.io you can get cheaper items from amazon, and there are other sites like that. I think if all sites accepting Bitcoin offered discounts, adoption would be much faster, and that does not have to mean necessarily a loss for the seller, as Bitcoin price is very likey to raise long term.

So it is kind of a win-win situation: The seller accepts Bitcoin with a discount, it gets more costumers. The more costumers there are, the more Bitcoin adoption. The more Bitcoin adoption, the higher the Bitcoin value (probably compensating for the discounts offered).

butcherboss

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:57:53 PM

Easier to use and people can't steal it from you easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: