Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would customers use Bitcoins?  (Read 133882 times)
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:35:30 AM

I came to figure out, why would a consumer/customer use Bitcoins?
You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

So what is really a benefit for using Bitcoins, customer wise?

I think BTC is only important when you think the transaction fees. Otherwise BTC price still not stable as USD...

Also, what do people make of the very very long BTC confirmation times? Some of my payments take up to one hour to confirm, this is a big disadvantage BTC has over credit cards AND cryptocurrencies which are much faster now.

Credit cards don't confirm quickly, they get an auth quickly. The actual transaction often takes days to complete. With Bitcoin, a transaction that has 0 confirmations can be seen as an auth. Since bitcoin is not centralized, there are some possible double-spend attack vectors but they are difficult and the vendor can take steps to make them very unlikely.

Credit card transactions are quasi instantaneous to the user, and payment is guaranteed to the vendor by credit card companies. You think vendors will be satisfied with 0 confrmation payments? Some of these zero confirmation BTC sends do not come through, I have seen it, and there can never be any guarantees once the buyer/consumer leaves with product - this is unsatisfactory for the vendor point of view.

To me there is no way around it, BTC transaction times have to be fixed, or we change to another coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:45:49 AM

You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

Bitcoin has a relatively interesting price history, mostly a steady up-trend beside some big drops. With this up-trend, you can afford to discount a little for bitcoin, and a 3-cent fee is nothing compared to some credit card surcharges nowadays.

That and as soon as you put your credit card info on a website to shop, it becomes vulnerable as the site or hacker can use that info to steal money from you but it is not the same with bitcoin because if you take proper precautions and/or use cold storage, your private key can always stay secure.

i completely agree with you
i saw so many cases about stolen the credit card, hacking, carding etc that's why people or costumer would use bitcoin for payment options, cause they won't publicate their identity, the privacy is the main reason, but if you want to shopping with card i think bitcoin debit card is the better choice
draceus

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:36:48 AM

Thats true when it comes to shopping, the credit card feels to be better as now only few places accept bitcoin. Now only people started using bitcoin cards. So once the guy posted the thread start using bitcoin card he feel why bitcoin better than credit card.

yeah i agree with you friend .customer use more bitcoin because when customer buy something goods and some electronic machine  that time customer get goods and electronic machine very low price with bitcoin and that time customer  feel very good bitcoin.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:54:14 AM

Bitcoin has a relatively interesting price history, mostly a steady up-trend beside some big drops. With this up-trend, you can afford to discount a little for bitcoin, and a 3-cent fee is nothing compared to some credit card surcharges nowadays.

That and as soon as you put your credit card info on a website to shop, it becomes vulnerable as the site or hacker can use that info to steal money from you but it is not the same with bitcoin because if you take proper precautions and/or use cold storage, your private key can always stay secure.

i completely agree with you
i saw so many cases about stolen the credit card, hacking, carding etc that's why people or costumer would use bitcoin for payment options, cause they won't publicate their identity, the privacy is the main reason, but if you want to shopping with card i think bitcoin debit card is the better choice

Bitcoin Debit Card is a better choice but only when you are ready to pay higher fees, instead Bitcoin is the only best option...
I mean just sending bitcoins with least fees and getting things done is better than paying higher fees with debit cards...

Nemesis099

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:24:21 PM

People use bitcoins because it is convenient, easy and with less transaction fees, and bitcoin transactions are available 24/7, it will be used more in future when everyone would start accepting it as a payment method.
ekoice

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:29:15 PM

Thats true when it comes to shopping, the credit card feels to be better as now only few places accept bitcoin. Now only people started using bitcoin cards. So once the guy posted the thread start using bitcoin card he feel why bitcoin better than credit card.
I do agree with moderators who say that Bitcoin is better than credit card because bitcoin would prove very soon better and affordable than credit cards since having no annual fee or APR as well as 3 cent one time fee for a transaction and as compared to credit card fee is nothing and i am sure would be quite better and popular in future.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

I do agree with moderators who say that Bitcoin is better than credit card because bitcoin would prove very soon better and affordable than credit cards since having no annual fee or APR as well as 3 cent one time fee for a transaction and as compared to credit card fee is nothing and i am sure would be quite better and popular in future.
Bitcoin is available to those country also where we can't get worldwide accepted credit cards like here in my country. This is big plus for customers in developing countries.

jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:49:07 PM

Yes, bitcoin transactions are cheap and convenient then credit cards, no doubt it is not widely accepted yet but things will change in future and we would see many merchants accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment.
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:10:04 PM

Two main reasons: anonymous and simple.

Means no tax on btc as you can't really get tracked down, so cheaper, and extremely simple to use.

y8tvkid

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:10:57 PM

Means no tax on btc as you can't really get tracked down, so cheaper, and extremely simple to use.

Yeah, very simple and convenient and available 24/7 that is the best thing about bitcoins, so once people gets aware about the low cost associated with bitcoins, they would surely start using it.
DMB

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:19:59 PM

because they might want to remain anonymous. and when you use a credit card or bank account... well... im sure you can figure out how that can link back to you/your name.

on top of that its so freaking ridiculously easy to use and send bitcoin, to anyone Smiley
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:27:57 PM

Well said, Because No need to pay conditional apply charges. No need to carry Fiat cash to the stores just scanning QR is enough to make purchases.
No one can't crack our wallet like Cracking Bank card details. These are advantages which you said in simple word right!
jonathgb25

Activity: 140

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:25:12 AM

I like the no tax part. I'm also earning bitcoins and I don't have to pay tax that our government put on their wallets.

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:57:44 AM

It's a quick transaction and no middle man.  By middle man I mean no Paypal, no credit card company, no bank, etc.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:21:08 AM

People use bitcoins because it is convenient, easy and with less transaction fees, and bitcoin transactions are available 24/7, it will be used more in future when everyone would start accepting it as a payment method.
I think all payment processor also have transactions are available 24/7
The most special of bitcoin. for me i think is decentralization, nobody could freeze your wallet or your money in bitcoin
draceus

Activity: 245

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:37:58 AM

yeah because bitcoin give protection and bitcoin have good service which service like a customer now customer use bitcoin same like  bank card and he feel well and shopping time when he get some thing in  with very low price that time customer very agree on bitcoin

secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:13:00 AM

I think all payment processor also have transactions are available 24/7
The most special of bitcoin. for me i think is decentralization, nobody could freeze your wallet or your money in bitcoin

also bitcoin trading online in 24/7,not like other currency.
agree with you decentralization system is future

i think in future each people/goverment/private cooperation will adopt bitcoin decentralization system , like tax invoice etc.
dollarneed

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:52:53 AM

I like the no tax part. I'm also earning bitcoins and I don't have to pay tax that our government put on their wallets.
that's what i think you dont need to pay the tax especially for online service all you have to do just pay the domain, hosting etc
but if you have offline company that related with bitcoin, for some country you have to pay the tax
Jukagid

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:07:05 AM

that's what i think you dont need to pay the tax especially for online service all you have to do just pay the domain, hosting etc
but if you have offline company that related with bitcoin, for some country you have to pay the tax

Will the government tax authorities audit your online account and make sure you pay the right amount of tax?
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:29:30 AM

Will the government tax authorities audit your online account and make sure you pay the right amount of tax?

They can't access your btc account; it would mean having access to your wallet which is impossible if you don't give it out.

Moreover I don't hink they have the right category for btc untill now ^^

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: