Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would customers use Bitcoins?  (Read 133882 times)
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

People are using the bitcoin for there fast/secure method, also it can be profitable at the end so that is another good thing.
Why customers should use it, is because its fast and self controllable they are controlling their own money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:34:43 PM

Most customers wouldn't use Bitcoin. You first have to understand the concept of Bitcoin before you can really use it. It is not for people that aren't into technology. I am still leaning about it even after a year of using it. It is a very complicated currency, unlike fiat which is very straight forward.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:37:54 PM

Most customers wouldn't use Bitcoin. You first have to understand the concept of Bitcoin before you can really use it. It is not for people that aren't into technology. I am still leaning about it even after a year of using it. It is a very complicated currency, unlike fiat which is very straight forward.
This is one of the huge issues with Bitcoin and it going mainstream; it isn't convenient enough or simple enough for most people to want to use it. If Bitcoin was a bit more straightforward and had less complicated systems for transferring Bitcoin (among other things), it would likely be a bit more popular.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:54:06 PM

My reasons are:

Security- No other payment system is even close to the security of bitcoin. Only you control your coins and there is no need to associate them with your identity. It is this association that makes credit cards so vulnerable. Each time you use one you are sending all the information needed to rob you. And you send it to dozens of people you don't even know.

Price- You may think credit cards are free, but that is just not true. Someone has to pay the 3% and it will be passed on to you, the buyer. Go to a place like overstock.com and you will notice that if you pay with bitcoin the price is 3% lower. That could be quite a bit of money over time.

Speed- Credit cards may seem fast but in reality it takes days or months for a charge to clear. With bitcoin I can buy something and the seller can ship or provide services within minuets or hours. The seller has the money, not just a promise of money.

Unassailable universal wealth- With other payment systems you are a visitor and subject to whatever rules the processor feels like imposing. These systems are backed by currency that is also beyond your control. You can use it when, where, and if you are permitted. It is not your money.
With bitcoin I decide who I want to pay, regardless of where they are. I decide the terms with the only other party involved. It is truly a free market and no one can do anything to coerce or dissuade me from doing what I want. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:02:37 PM

customers using bitcoin because bitcoin is digital currency is very easy to use

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:52:20 PM

My reasons are:

Security- No other payment system is even close to the security of bitcoin. Only you control your coins and there is no need to associate them with your identity. It is this association that makes credit cards so vulnerable. Each time you use one you are sending all the information needed to rob you. And you send it to dozens of people you don't even know.

Price- You may think credit cards are free, but that is just not true. Someone has to pay the 3% and it will be passed on to you, the buyer. Go to a place like overstock.com and you will notice that if you pay with bitcoin the price is 3% lower. That could be quite a bit of money over time.

Speed- Credit cards may seem fast but in reality it takes days or months for a charge to clear. With bitcoin I can buy something and the seller can ship or provide services within minuets or hours. The seller has the money, not just a promise of money.

Unassailable universal wealth- With other payment systems you are a visitor and subject to whatever rules the processor feels like imposing. These systems are backed by currency that is also beyond your control. You can use it when, where, and if you are permitted. It is not your money.
With bitcoin I decide who I want to pay, regardless of where they are. I decide the terms with the only other party involved. It is truly a free market and no one can do anything to coerce or dissuade me from doing what I want. 

That's sums it up. Right now this are the main reason for using bitcoin. But when bitcoin becomes or goes mainstream you will see people will spend their coins because it is way easier then any other payment. That day is coming soon.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:06:02 PM

I think people are gonna use the bitcoin for sure, due to the fact that its getting bigger everyday and its get more media attention also.
The point that they should use it is because the bitcoin is very fast, faster than banks.
Also the security is better.
Another important thing why people should use it is because the bitcoin is self controllable.
ahpku

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:22:56 PM

My reasons are:

Security- No other payment system is even close to the security of bitcoin. A huge percentage of bitcoins has already been lost or stolen, but that only shows how ridiculously inept bitcoiners are.

Go to just about any other place, and you'll notice people drawing their children a little closer to them as soon as you mention Bitcoin. Then try not to cry as they tell you they'd accept rat droppings before bitcoins & show you the door.

So if you care how fast the seller gets your money, use BTC. If, OTOH, you care about being able to get your money back when the seller sends you a turd instead of the goods you ordered, use CC. If you never tried CCs before, the seller ships as soon as you make the order Smiley

Unassailable universal wealth- With other payment systems you are a visitor and subject to whatever rules the processor feels like imposing. But with Bitcoin, there are no rules. Remember that seller who mailed you a turd? Yeah, not much you can do about it; free market Smiley And by free market I mean good luck spending those fun bux.
Number of places laughing in my face for trying to spend USD: 0
Number of places laughing in my face for trying to spend BTC: All of them (well, some, like overstock, behind my back)

FTFY
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:22:52 AM

many reason for Customers use bitcoin, bitcoin is easy to use, low fee transaction, fast transaction but "sometimes" we need wait long time until get confirmation transaction.

stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:34:50 AM

Uhh, bitcoin is more convinient and way more safer? Bitcoin transactions don't involved any personal infos being exposed while a transactions made using a credit card does. A credit card can be compromised or can be used in fraud once you get the neccessary details of the card and the owner hile in bitcoins the only way you can get access to it is if you have control of the private key.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:41:27 AM

Well, it's very obvious reason.
If you are very young, unemployed and can't open bank account, get debit or credit card etc. but want to buy some digital services or products online, what is your choice?
Only bitcoin.
Other reasons are safety, anonymity, fast confirmation etc.
For sellers is much more easy to accept bitcoin as payment option than, for example, credit cards or Paypal.

most bitcoin users are aged over 18 years, I think they already have an ID card and can make a bank or debit card.
other reason. fast confirmation?
I did not find it in bitcoin now? This has become a thorny problem for bitcoin.
all methods of sending money. now. instant already directly into your account. how bitcoin? need one confirmation.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:54:25 AM

Well, it's very obvious reason.
If you are very young, unemployed and can't open bank account, get debit or credit card etc. but want to buy some digital services or products online, what is your choice?
Only bitcoin.
Other reasons are safety, anonymity, fast confirmation etc.
For sellers is much more easy to accept bitcoin as payment option than, for example, credit cards or Paypal.

most bitcoin users are aged over 18 years, I think they already have an ID card and can make a bank or debit card.
other reason. fast confirmation?
I did not find it in bitcoin now? This has become a thorny problem for bitcoin.
all methods of sending money. now. instant already directly into your account. how bitcoin? need one confirmation.

Yes i agree with you, people under 18 years old usually get back up by his parents and he can't buy some stuff for what he like, maybe using bitcoin and earn it online can make a reason why costumers use bitcoins.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:16:57 AM

many reason for Customers use bitcoin, bitcoin is easy to use, low fee transaction, fast transaction but "sometimes" we need wait long time until get confirmation transaction.
yeah
is still a major problem for bitcoin, sometimes we have to wait a long time to get 1 confirmation, sometimes I also waited almost one full day, it was very frustrating how do you solve this?
Just be patient ?
yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:44:25 AM

yeah
is still a major problem for bitcoin, sometimes we have to wait a long time to get 1 confirmation, sometimes I also waited almost one full day, it was very frustrating how do you solve this?
Just be patient ?

It is just the way bitcoin, and all other cryptocurrency work. Don't hate the way the security works, there will never be something that can work around this without using some sort of escrow, but that would also cost some more time,... Having a decent monetary system with every need for everyone is kinda impossible (for now atleast).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:24:30 PM

My reasons are:

Come on dude, you have to know those reasons aren't really true. At least not yet.

Security is a relative construct. Bitcoin is no more or less secure than other methods of payment if it's used incorrectly. More people have been robbed using exchanges than I like to admit. Bitcoin virus attacks on not only business computers but personal computers are commonplace. Banks get hacked too but they replace the lost customer money with fraud protection. Fraud protection is what you're paying for in the service fee you pay at a merchant terminal. You also currently, and for the foreseeable future, must involve the current financial system at some point to make a Bitcoin purchase. Sure, I suppose those people that choose to convert their money by purchasing expensive mining equipment or using LBC to acquire bitcoins aren't involving banks, but that's impractical for most people.

The cost of goods and services are moot. The price isn't less when you consider exchange fees and fraud loss. As I mentioned above, the 2-3% fee pays for fraud protection that I sorely wish I had during the Bitcoinica and exchange hacks where I lost more bitcoins in less than two years than I have ever lost in fiat in 50 years.

Bitcoin is slower, period. The reason transactions in fiat banking aren't reconciled immediately is because of that fraud protection thing I mentioned earlier. The charge is satisfied and reconciled only after all parties are in agreement but for customer purposes it's immediate. Bitcoin uses the VERY SLOW process of trusted third party escrow for that job.

Banking is a free market too dude. I only use credit unions for banking because they offer the services I want and need. Bitcoin can't compete and no current third party Bitcoin service can currently come even close to the offerings of a credit union. Also, as long as Chinese miners provide the security for Bitcoin not only am I not in complete control but my country isn't even in control.

Neptunium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:39:30 PM

There's the obvious: anonymity and instant transactions.

But the most important is you own your money. Nobody can lock your account or give you trouble. You'll never have to argue with customer support about failed payments. And each payment is final, there's no charge-backs. Yes, bitcoin can be used for scamming. That's why just like with anything that has value, you can heavily minimize that risk with making careful decisions and knowing what you're doing.

It's better than having to deal with false chargebacks. If you use paypal, there's a high chance you'll encounter a magnitude of problems and annoyances.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:33:01 PM

But the most important is you own your money. Nobody can lock your account or give you trouble. You'll never have to argue with customer support about failed payments. And each payment is final, there's no charge-backs. Yes, bitcoin can be used for scamming. That's why just like with anything that has value, you can heavily minimize that risk with making careful decisions and knowing what you're doing.

It's better than having to deal with false chargebacks. If you use paypal, there's a high chance you'll encounter a magnitude of problems and annoyances.

Most criminals like the anon aspect but
Most consumers will be attracted by the low fees. Because there is no other way to sent money this cheap then fiat. With cheap I mean so less fees offcourse.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:54:21 PM

Most criminals like the anon aspect but
Most consumers will be attracted by the low fees. Because there is no other way to sent money this cheap then fiat. With cheap I mean so less fees offcourse.

Well said. It is how it is. In the end every human being will look at the amount of money. And there is no cheaper way to send money then with bitcoin.
This is the main reason to use bitcoin: Fees.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:19:43 AM

what do you mean about "sometimes" in fast transaction ? what do you think. fast transaction occurs only a few times ??
and we cannot always get fast transaction in  bitcoin ?
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 04:41:28 AM

what do you mean about "sometimes" in fast transaction ? what do you think. fast transaction occurs only a few times ??
and we cannot always get fast transaction in  bitcoin ?
Perhaps the question is sometimes impaired bitcoin transaction, permah I feel it. Yesterday monday my bitcoin wallets to the transaction pending until two days. Maybe being no damage or how I do not know. Perhaps he meant the same as it was.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: