Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would customers use Bitcoins?  (Read 133882 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:41:53 PM

There's every reason for the merchant to take Bitcoin and no reason for the consumer.

Merchants don't have to pay CC fees, even crooked merchants screwing people with bad product don't have to worry about chargebacks, the money can't be tracked back to a criminal merchant and honest merchants don't need to worry about shady customers.

Customers don't worry about increased prices to cover the CC fee because that fee pays for fraud protection. There are more shady businesses than shady customers so you need chargebacks to level the playing field. If you mistakenly pay the wrong person or have your Bitcoin wallet compromised you can't have the charge reversed, there's no one to call, even ghostbusters can't help you. I have personally had my bank account compromised and every dime was stolen. Every dime was returned to me and they put the criminal in jail. I've also had a Bitcoin wallet compromised and drained. Wanna guess how much I got back? -0-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Bitcoin is not money , this is whole complete money processor with small fee,secure network, and lots of wallets for every possible platform.
 It is matter of time when will become number one in tradings!
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:10:27 AM

I came to figure out, why would a consumer/customer use Bitcoins?
You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

So what is really a benefit for using Bitcoins, customer wise?
For the Sellers(Merchants) it is the best way to deal in bitcoin because there is no chargeback and the fees are almost zero, but for the buyers it's not good like the sellers but you have to trust the seller otherwise you should use escrow.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:34:58 AM

Much safer than creditcards, easy to settup, easy to use, harder to steal, stores will like it because transactions are irreversible
All these are very valid reasons. Another reasons is that to withdraw cash from another banks atm, you have to pay 2 dollars. That's how it is in Australia.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:35:44 AM

Coinbase pays the fees for your first 1000 transactions I'm pretty sure. So am not paying any fees at the moment.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:37:54 AM

Coinbase pays the fees for your first 1000 transactions I'm pretty sure. So am not paying any fees at the moment.
As far as i know the transaction fees are free and not just for the first 1,000 transaction, check here: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/815435-does-coinbase-pay-bitcoin-miner-fees-
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:50:53 AM

Said anyone with a credit card we do not pay anything? I think even more expensive than the credit card bitcoin. And if the credit card used irregular users will entwined costs of the credit card itself. It was very different with the bitcoin
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:12:58 AM

Because it is more simple and low transaction costs

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:22:45 AM

Ease to use, fast transactions and can improve business on different level.
If you dont have bitcoin you can lend it easy and return without banks.
Also soon will be more services, bitcoin evolving fast!
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:24:03 AM

I can't believe there's a number of people in this thread that apparently do not know how credit cards work. Seriously?

I am in the U.S. A credit card does not cost most customers any money in the U.S. Some credit cards you have to pay an annual fee for (usually those with additional perks) but many have no annual fee. I have a Chase Freedom Card for every day purchases. It has no annual fee. I got $150 for signing up with the card. I pay no interest charges. I get cash back on purchases. Specifically, I get 5% back on certain purchase categories.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/card-details/card-name/Chase-Freedom-100-Cash-Back

That is the experience of the customer of the card. If I have a problem with a transaction, I can call the credit card company and dispute the charge. If my card is stolen, my total liability for unauthorized usage on the card is $50. This is a requirement of the FCBA (Fair Credit Billing Act):

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0213-lost-or-stolen-credit-atm-and-debit-cards

I pay my balance off each month so I don't incur any interest charges or other expenses. I just get cash back. Yes, the merchant has to pay merchant fees for processing credit cards. No, I don't ever see them. The price is normally the same if I am paying cash, with a debit card or with a credit card. At some gas stations, you get different prices whether you pay with cash, debit or credit but for most purchases, there is no difference in price at all.

My credit card has a chip in it, a new recent requirement for all credit cards in the U.S., and many credit card readers now (all are supposed to) read the chip instead of the magnetic strip. The chip stops skimmers from working. Most of Europe is chip and pin, in the US it is chip and signature (which isn't as good as chip and pin). I can use the credit card pretty much anywhere in the U.S. When I travel to Japan, I bring cash because cash is still king in Japan.
joinal

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:29:01 AM

bitcoin have a quick transaction with a fee that is a little bit, and I think the customer prefers it all, because all the customer preferences are in excess of the current bitcoin
yeah true. everyone will need it, all would be almost instantaneous, bitcoin benare really be a problem solver for someone who wants to conduct transactions quickly and cheaply

Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:34:34 AM

Because it is more simple and low transaction costs

The subject of this post was "Why would customers use Bitcoins"

There are no transaction costs for a customer when using credit cards. In fact, many cards give you cash back, points or other perks. That is the viewpoint of the customer.

When you talk to someone who uses credit cards about bitcoin, their first question is "Why should I use it?". If you say "lower fees", they are going to say "I don't pay a fee, in fact I get cash back/flight mileage points/travel points on my purchases". And there is nothing simpler than using a credit card. You stick it in the machine and sign your name (or put in your pin) or hand it to the waiter and they give you a slip you sign where you add your tip. Or you type in your number online.

If you use your credit card for autopay of a recurring bill, you enter your information once and can get billed each month without having to sign anything.  And if someone defrauds you, you call the credit card company.

Now, if you are buying something illegal, you probably rather use bitcoin. That's one case where it can claim an advantage.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:51:24 AM

bitcoin have a quick transaction with a fee that is a little bit, and I think the customer prefers it all, because all the customer preferences are in excess of the current bitcoin
yeah true. everyone will need it, all would be almost instantaneous, bitcoin benare really be a problem solver for someone who wants to conduct transactions quickly and cheaply

One of the benefit is that, everyone is now on net, every person has started to earn online, the shopping centers have up to some point shifted to internet, online trade has fixed its roots and as bitcoin is digital currency made for digital purpose so people feel the use of bitcoin more...
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:36:43 AM

Why to use bitcoin?
Many people think that this is a prestige to have business incorporated with blockchain transactions.
Bitcoin is something new fast and good and  safe . You can use your phone or btc card almost everywhere in the world if you have internet connection!
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

One of the benefit is that, everyone is now on net, every person has started to earn online, the shopping centers have up to some point shifted to internet, online trade has fixed its roots and as bitcoin is digital currency made for digital purpose so people feel the use of bitcoin more...

Yeah and people once become aware about the benefits of bitcoins they would surely start using bitcoins, and honestly bitcoin is a blessing for those who are addicted to gambling, bitcoin allows them to gamble even with a small amount of coins which fiat doesn't allow, and even online remittances are fast and cheap.
Zaragota95

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:07:18 AM

-The fees is not a must part of BTC, you can make a transaction with no fees but would take ages to confirm, The most useful advantage would be the convenience in term of privacy IMO (Things you wouldn't want in your CC record) and in industries with some different opinions about it (Gambling etc...).
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

-The fees is not a must part of BTC, you can make a transaction with no fees but would take ages to confirm, The most useful advantage would be the convenience in term of privacy IMO (Things you wouldn't want in your CC record) and in industries with some different opinions about it (Gambling etc...).

With bitcoin, you have the freedom to pay certain parties. With credit card or bank transfer, you cannot do that.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:00:41 PM

I think Bitcoin's having many features which encourage many users to use it as payment method online, especially it's lowest fee comparing with fiat

My focus is also on the fees.
Every human being like to save money. If you can save money just by choose a different payment method, it is already very convincing for me.

then use a debit card. the cost is ZERO. There is not fee to make purchases(offline or online) with a debit card. It's cheaper than Bitcoin and you have the peace of the mind that IF someone steal your money, you can get it back. It's not gonna happen with BTC.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:01:43 PM

With bitcoin, you have the freedom to pay certain parties. With credit card or bank transfer, you cannot do that.

please name the certain parties you can pay with Bitcoin but you cannot pay with your card.
randchingo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 05:30:46 PM

Much safer than creditcards, easy to settup, easy to use, harder to steal, stores will like it because transactions are irreversible

How safer? If a creditcard is compromised, you might get a refund. I believe people think creditcards are easier to use.
 I know stores will like it, but what about the benefits for the consumer?

Might be harder to steal yes, but depends.
Safer on the aspect of privacy, You won't get personally linked with what you buy, it might not be illegal too.

Also harder to steal if you know what you are doing..

Account Relinquished to @Operatr https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325685
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: