Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would customers use Bitcoins?  (Read 133882 times)
irfanifachri

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:35:09 AM

I came to figure out, why would a consumer/customer use Bitcoins?
You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

So what is really a benefit for using Bitcoins, customer wise?
The simple answer : Bitcoin is more safety than credit cards.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:14:15 AM

You have to pay the 3 cent fee, while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

You pay nearly no fees, 3 cents is for a rather large transactions. Difference is you own your money and not a bank. And strictly speaking using btc means you don't pay the direct taxes ^^

Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:17:24 PM

But for the time being, there are not many places you can use bitcoin. Maybe in the future, the bitcoin is accepted everywhere.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:23:23 PM

You pay nearly no fees, 3 cents is for a rather large transactions. Difference is you own your money and not a bank. And strictly speaking using btc means you don't pay the direct taxes ^^
True there as I pay 12.5% service tax everytime I make a transaction while with bitcoins I don't need to pay any taxes for holding my money. 3 cents fee doesn't apply now if we use xapo and neither we need to pay for large transactions.
Xapo, coinbase and other mixers apply a higher fee to get the transaction confirmed soon.
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 04:59:51 PM

Well simply Bitcoin is money too.. But the thing here that make a customers use bitcoin is that you can grow your money online, it's anonymity, and you can withdraw it whenever you want!!

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:23:57 PM

Two main reasons: anonymous and simple.

Means no tax on btc as you can't really get tracked down, so cheaper, and extremely simple to use.

I like the no tax part. I'm also earning bitcoins and I don't have to pay tax that our government put on their wallets.
that's what i think you dont need to pay the tax especially for online service all you have to do just pay the domain, hosting etc
but if you have offline company that related with bitcoin, for some country you have to pay the tax

Will the government tax authorities audit your online account and make sure you pay the right amount of tax?

They can't access your btc account; it would mean having access to your wallet which is impossible if you don't give it out.

Moreover I don't hink they have the right category for btc untill now ^^

If the government can link your name with the account bitcoin address, they will know everything about it.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:37:10 PM

while you dont have to pay anything when paying with a credit card.

Its called hidden fees, and I preffer if everybody saw how much the credit card fees are (about 2+% of the transaction value), so there would be no misconception about what you wrote.

So for now Bitcoin has lower fees than credit card.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:17:33 PM

Its called hidden fees, and I preffer if everybody saw how much the credit card fees are (about 2+% of the transaction value), so there would be no misconception about what you wrote.

Don't be ridiculous, to buy and sell Bitcoin is a complete hassle and you'll lose much more than just using your CC or Paypal. Bitcoin only use should be storage of wealth just like gold. Buying BTC to spend it is a time consuming and idiotic procedure that's why it has failed as a payment system and has no adoption whatsoever from the mainstream. As a commodity and speculation tool, that's another story altogether.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:34:35 PM

do you have any evidence if bitcoin is more secure than a credit card?

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:43:39 PM

Because bitcoin like owning a key to a certain undestroyable safe, if your bitcoin stolen then it's the owner own fault on handling the key, not from other factor
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:56:36 AM

it's a true friend, bitcoin fee is very low, we can recomended bitcoin to our customer because customer can save a few dollars in the fee
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:59:27 AM

Well simply Bitcoin is money too.. But the thing here that make a customers use bitcoin is that you can grow your money online, it's anonymity, and you can withdraw it whenever you want!!
yeah bitcoin is real money.and what differentiates it from the others currency? so I had to wear a bitcoin?
besides anonymous
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:01:46 AM

Because bitcoin like owning a key to a certain undestroyable safe, if your bitcoin stolen then it's the owner own fault on handling the key, not from other factor
There are people who got there computer infected with malware. So they think they send coins to another adress as actual will happen.
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:57:16 AM

for me, because it's simple and easier to use  Smiley
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:25:02 AM

There are people who got there computer infected with malware. So they think they send coins to another adress as actual will happen.

if someone does not know how to protect themselves against computer threats like viruses and malwares, it is not only bitcoin they lose, they are losing every single information they have on their computer being stolen. it can be their account (email, facebook,...) passwords or it can be their credit card information and lots of other things.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jak4

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:28:03 AM

i think we are paying extre charge with bitcoins but its safer then using cc. we will have a huge transperacy network where we can see that where the shopkeeper is sending our coins.by the way peoples now days loves to use bitcoin
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:31:58 AM

i think we are paying extre charge with bitcoins but its safer then using cc. we will have a huge transperacy network where we can see that where the shopkeeper is sending our coins.by the way peoples now days loves to use bitcoin
Whether we use credit cards or debit cards, we overpay at times due to the taxes which is not the case with bitcoins. I do agree that websites need to give their users a benefit of paying via bitcoins.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:17:40 AM

Its a good question but its easy to tell why they should use the bitcoin for payments and other stuff that is relating to payments, first of all they will control there money by them self, so they are independent than you have the second point and that is that the customers can pay safely without any problems.
We will see what happens of course but its just a matter of time before it gets used by a lot.

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:27:14 AM

bitcoin prices are high now, and bitcoin is also very easy to get. in addition it has a bitcoin transactions very fast compared to other payment processor. so there is no reason for costumers to not use bitcoin
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:30:40 AM

for me, because it's simple and easier to use  Smiley

You are right in one way, but the reality is not much of shops were accepting bitcoins. When business men knows and
accepts bitcoin then people may use and also because of this a few users might get increased
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: