Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░-< [ZPOOL.CA][BTC Multipool] The miners multipool >-░▒▓█ Paid 925+ BTC  (Read 217622 times)
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:15:34 PM

We seem to be speaking different languages. I can't explain any better so I'll just drop it.
Are you trying to say you need path redundancy for each miner app you are launching?

Don't know what you mean.

I could add the variables and make it so it can be left blank...  Id have to do some testing on how it will work, because I presently am unsure if you can call a %variable%%afterthisvariable% in such a manner.   might need some creative twist if its not that simple (which DOS operations can be hinky like that).   My batch is only checking for an open task name (not location) so i'd need to keep the original variable and add something like %P2A% %P2B% etc for each miner app version/location.

It is that simple. The beauty is most of the time the miner will be called ccminer.exe. It only becomes more complicated
if the miners havedifferent names. But that can be solved by renaming the exe to it is always the same. You seem to be thinking
along a different line, how to handle differnt tasknames. Make them all the same and you don't have a problem.

Im trying to undertsnd your perspective... if I can make it more versatile I am all for it....  But typically batch files are in their home directory where they are controlling stuff.  I typically only use a batch in a path-registered location like c:/ or c:/windows when its something like ls.bat.... because I always #$@% up and type LS when I know damned well its not.  Thanks unix.

I guess my inexperience helped as I was unaware of these conventions. I launch my script from the command line. Yes
the bat file should be in an already defined path or a (desktop) shortcut includes the path in its definition. The miners are
not required to be in a defined path because their paths will be specified in the script.

I have already implemented this and have been doing it for over a year. The technique works. Here is a snippet from by bat,
current implementation only uses one miner exe but I have used 2 in the past by setting the path differently for
the algos that require it. In my implementation I defined a default that could be overridden by those algos that require it.
It could also be implemented that each algo must set the path for themselves.

Code:
rem set defaults
set CCMINERPATH=%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Miners\SP\1.5.69
set CCMINER=ccminer.exe
rem algo decision tree to set variables.
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq %CCMINER%" 2>NUL | find /I /N "%1">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%" EQU "0" taskkill /F /IM %CCMINER%
timeout /T 1
start %CCMINERPATH%\%CCMINER% -a %ALGO% -o %POOL_URL% %USER% %OPTIONS%

It seems some of your concern is the user experience. I admit that is not something I had considered since I wrote by script
for one user, me. The main issue here is providing a mechanism for users to tune the script for their configuration. Editting
the bat file is a nono from a user perspective but a config file is acceptible. All the path variables could be defined in a
config file and read by the script. The config file could actually be a bat file with only "set" commands.

I think this also has the benefit that the user is not required to rearrange and rename the miner apps to suit the script.
They just need to tell the script where they already are. It only gets a little more complicated if the miner exe already have different
names. They would have be renamed, not relocated as in your bat.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arsenay

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:19:11 PM

Site down? I only see a gray page...

every once in a while I get a cloudflare page, but not today...

During payouts the frontend services are shutdown to allow all resources to be focused on processing payments and updating/purging the database.

So you'll see this ~4 times a day.

very nice !

and may be ...
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

interesting approach =)

I guess we both look at the coin from different sides.   Having to have multiple versions of the app for each different algo that's optimized is a daunting thing...

I several times forgot which app version was for which and just gave up on trying to keep them sorted and chose this simplistic approach.  But I can see how yours does a bit of the work for you.  Hats off to you for that one =)

I decided to make things a touch better for the end-user on my script......   Mostly just adding definition to the loop timer and add a per-loop timer as well.    Nothing really new as far as how the rest of the script or normalization to be reported.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:07:25 PM

interesting approach =)

I guess we both look at the coin from different sides.   Having to have multiple versions of the app for each different algo that's optimized is a daunting thing...

I several times forgot which app version was for which and just gave up on trying to keep them sorted and chose this simplistic approach.  But I can see how yours does a bit of the work for you.  Hats off to you for that one =)

I decided to make things a touch better for the end-user on my script......   Mostly just adding definition to the loop timer and add a per-loop timer as well.    Nothing really new as far as how the rest of the script or normalization to be reported.

Another difference I just noticed. My bat can deal with different executable names because the task monitor uses the CCMINER
variable. It works for me because my script knows the algo that is running and the exe that mines it. In your case the script doesn't
know which algo is active so you don't know which exe to monitor so you look for them all. If they are all named the same
you don't need to know which algo is running.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 04:30:44 PM

Another difference I just noticed. My bat can deal with different executable names because the task monitor uses the CCMINER
variable. It works for me because my script knows the algo that is running and the exe that mines it. In your case the script doesn't
know which algo is active so you don't know which exe to monitor so you look for them all. If they are all named the same

The geek in me wonders which method has the least amount of code and footprint at that point....   Originally I told myself I wouldn't do a second app, but after seeing how well x11evo did with 24 hours of testing.. I had to add it.

If I put a delay in the script to allow for the miners to try and get a timeout from stratum, I can do a simple check for which one is left active and know what app/algo is running from there to ditch the need for multiple loops to search for the active task.  The check would just be IF after IF after IF depending on how many apps are needed to be used.  I can also still try to integrate %path-to% type stuff... but would add some bloat to the code and require some testing of ideas.

Am I correct in interpreting your batch going one algo to the next, waiting for each to timeout before trying the next?    This was the primary reason I wrote my batch the way i did;  so they would all shoot at once...   Less time not waiting to rotate through algorithms....

Sorry if I confuse task with things like taskname and filename/appname etc... I'm tired right now and not too keen on proper nomenclature or usage is there really is any.   Played a lot of poker early last night and still haven't slept [it's now 9:30AM].

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:50:05 PM

JaredKaragen I'm going to try your conf file as soon as possible. Thx  for that.

But, do you know, or does anyone know how I can monitor any app running ccminer in a separate window that looks just like you opened up ccminer to mine a coin with standard cmd?  Thx
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:05:36 PM

The geek in me wonders which method has the least amount of code and footprint at that point....   Originally I told myself I wouldn't do a second app, but after seeing how well x11evo did with 24 hours of testing.. I had to add it.

If I put a delay in the script to allow for the miners to try and get a timeout from stratum, I can do a simple check for which one is left active and know what app/algo is running from there to ditch the need for multiple loops to search for the active task.  The check would just be IF after IF after IF depending on how many apps are needed to be used.  I can also still try to integrate %path-to% type stuff... but would add some bloat to the code and require some testing of ideas.

Am I correct in interpreting your batch going one algo to the next, waiting for each to timeout before trying the next?    This was the primary reason I wrote my batch the way i did;  so they would all shoot at once...   Less time not waiting to rotate through algorithms....

Sorry if I confuse task with things like taskname and filename/appname etc... I'm tired right now and not too keen on proper nomenclature or usage is there really is any.   Played a lot of poker early last night and still haven't slept [it's now 9:30AM].

I should have pointed out that I don't use the PW string to do profit switching. I have a PHP script that uses the the web API to
choose the algo (and pool!) based on my own normalization factors and call the bat script with algo and pool parameters already
set. The bat script has a very long, two level if tree to create the miner command line variables, include the pool URL, payout addr
and options like -i. There's no doubt about it it's ugly code but it suipports multiple pools as well as algos.

As a result I start only the miner associated with the selected algo. I don't use a cascade like you do waiting for each algo to
run in sequence until a profitable one is found. One side effect is I have to kill the existing miner before switching algos.
This has caused some problems with certain cards that go into a degraded state occasionally.

Ebven though my overall implementation is significantly different than yours, when I analyzed your script I immediately realized that
using different paths but the same executable name would simplify your implementation.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:08:12 PM

JaredKaragen I'm going to try your conf file as soon as possible. Thx  for that.

But, do you know, or does anyone know how I can monitor any app running ccminer in a separate window that looks just like you opened up ccminer to mine a coin with standard cmd?  Thx

I believe the start command does that if you don't specify /MIN.

JarBinks

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:36:31 PM

JaredKaragen I'm going to try your conf file as soon as possible. Thx  for that.

But, do you know, or does anyone know how I can monitor any app running ccminer in a separate window that looks just like you opened up ccminer to mine a coin with standard cmd?  Thx

/Min only starts the window in a minimized state, It should not effect the contents of window itself.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 05:39:28 PM

Correct.  I have it start them all minimized to keep system load down as you don't need unnecessary work done on the video cards while mining, so might as well leave them all down and let the system deal with the overload of 18 applications firing all at once.... also because I use my machine.  I get annoyed at all these windows taking focus when they should be in the background.   The start command is necessary however in order to truly be multithreaded and be as quick as possible.

I think I am going to stay with the stratum side of things.   Who knows what functionality can be built into it in the future.   The single disconnect algo switching was totally a shot from left field that I loved from the get go.

Soooo... I just spent the last hour messing with the idea of having algo detection...

It works... but adds a bunch of lines to the code.   I am getting close to thinking about setting up a running timer per algo and have it give accumulated data/statistics on each algo... but honestly;  the website does that far better... so probably never on that idea.

Trying to get a batch file to increment a variable is simply not possible without extensive extra coding.... so my fears earlier were justified in certain respects.   The best I could do is make a lookup table and check the running ccminer processes for the proper titles assigned to them.

But without being able to increment variables with variables... its a lot of repeated code:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
SET A=ccminer180.exe
SET B=ccminerx11evo.exe

SET CURRENT=NONE
SET A1=X13
SET A2=X11
SET A3=QUBIT
SET A4=X15
SET A5=LYRA2V2
SET A6=NEOSCRYPT
SET A7=DECRED
SET A8=BLAKECOIN
SET A9=C11
SET A10=QUARK
SET A11=GROESTL
SET A12=BLAKE2S
SET A13=X14
SET A14=X17
SET A15=NIST5
SET A16=SKEIN
SET A17=SIB

SET B1=X11EVO

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A1%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A1%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A2%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A2%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A3%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A3%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A4%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A4%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A5%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A5%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A6%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A6%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A7%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A7%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A8%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A8%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A9%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A9%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A10%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A10%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A11%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A11%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A12%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A12%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A13%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A13%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A14%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A14%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A15%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A15%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A16%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A16%
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %A%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %A17%"') DO IF %%x == %A% SET CURRENT=%A17%

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %B%" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq %B1%"') DO IF %%x == %B% SET CURRENT=%B1%

ECHO %CURRENT%
SET CURRENT=NONE

Im going to have to figure out where I want to throw all this mess (variables are a no brainer) and how much I want to change the rest of it.... but I think i am out of steam for now so I'll just leave that till later today or tomorrow.  Ill be taking all these variables and weaving them into the batch as it is now.    That wont change much other than the way the batch looks.   I just had to suck it up and create a list of variables =)

Ahh... PHP Wink  The one I never went after... lol.  I gave up learning new languages after I learned Java...

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:09:01 PM

How would I do that plz ... what would be the command for that while MinerControl is running plz.  Thx
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 06:11:57 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2016, 07:19:14 PM by JaredKaragen

How would I do that plz ... what would be the command for that while MinerControl is running plz.  Thx

my batch file launches each miner as if you launched it from a separate command...  they are just all minimized on the taskbar....  Or am I mistaking what you are trying to do...

API should be accessible... but default port is not going to be the same between apps as they will all fight for the same port at the same time.  I haven't added a specific API port flag per algo.....  you can do this at the end of each algo in the batch after the password if you so desire; using the appropriate flag/setting just like you would intensity from the command line.  Since I don't monitor via API;  I didn't think of it being an issue.

*edit*  got un-lazy.  Check batch script for update.  Added a small retro touch as well.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:40:53 PM

How would I do that plz ... what would be the command for that while MinerControl is running plz.  Thx

my batch file launches each miner as if you launched it from a separate command...  they are just all minimized on the taskbar....  Or am I mistaking what you are trying to do...

API should be accessible... but default port is not going to be the same between apps as they will all fight for the same port at the same time.  I haven't added a specific API port flag per algo.....  you can do this at the end of each algo in the batch after the password if you so desire; using the appropriate flag/setting just like you would intensity from the command line.  Since I don't monitor via API;  I didn't think of it being an issue.

*edit*  got un-lazy.  Check batch script for update.  Added a small retro touch as well.
Ok thx JaredKaragen.
When I try yours, I'll see if I can get it working.
But what I would like to see and do is have a monitor window with MC that looks like you have a regular cmd window open.
So I have this..or looks like this with the colors difficulty readings ect.

And MC or your bat file is running. Almost like you have 2 instances running.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 07:47:18 PM

I think the problem is minercontrol wants to be able to control the app, and you would have to modify minercontrol to not launch the app in the background...  it may even be launching the miner as a child process....

So I have never used MC before...  but im guessing that's how its been working... so if that's the case my batch is only really a replacement for MC, not a supplement.... But Ill do what I can to help.

Try this:
Code:
echo %1 %1 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20
pause
as a batch called ccminer.bat in the ccminer directory and see if you can point minercontrol to launch that batch file..

If you can get MC to launch that batch file, it should theoretically show you the command string MC is issuing to the miner....  maybe we can intercept or inject the correct commands that will get you the result you want using MC....

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:01:58 PM

I think the problem is minercontrol wants to be able to control the app, and you would have to modify minercontrol to not launch the app in the background...  it may even be launching the miner as a child process....

So I have never used MC before...  but im guessing that's how its been working... so if that's the case my batch is only really a replacement for MC, not a supplement.... But Ill do what I can to help.

Try this:
Code:
echo %1 %1 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20
pause
as a batch called ccminer.bat in the ccminer directory and see if you can point minercontrol to launch that batch file..

If you can get MC to launch that batch file, it should theoretically show you the command string MC is issuing to the miner....  maybe we can intercept or inject the correct commands that will get you the result you want using MC....
Ok thx I not able to make a good explanation. Windows 8.1 MC can do anything. But I don't know the commands on opening up a cmd window with it.

Ok this is what I'm trying to do and see.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:02:59 PM

Now mining control is running but ccminer cmd window is not...just displaying.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 08:05:04 PM

correct, because from as I understand it, minercontrol launches the miner process and handles it inside it's program container....   I don't think you can get it to display the active output like you want.  You might want to talk to them in the minercontrol thread... they would probably know a lot more than I how their app handles it....

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:10:56 PM

But what I would like to see and do is have a monitor window with MC that looks like you have a regular cmd window open.
[image snipped]

You're talking about adding new features to MC, but you can get what you want with the JK script.
You can remove /min from all the start commands and get a normal window, or you can leave /min
and restore the minimized window anytime you want to monitor.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:13:36 PM

correct, because from as I understand it, minercontrol launches the miner process and handles it inside it's program container....   I don't think you can get it to display the active output like you want.  You might want to talk to them in the minercontrol thread... they would probably know a lot more than I how their app handles it....
Yes thx  their gone Smiley  but  this cut doesn't seem to do anything if I set to true..... I'll have to read more of MC thread..maybe there is something in there to show me.
Thanks for your help. Wink

"arguments": "_APARAM3_ -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3341 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ _SPARAM2_ -i 0,13,0"
            },
            {
                "algo": "lyra2v2",
                "priceid": "14",
                "folder": "_APARAM1_",
                "command": "_APARAM2_",
                "arguments": "_APARAM3_ -o stratum+tcp://lyra2rev2.usa.nicehash.com:3347 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ _SPARAM2_ -i 0,15,0",
                "usewindow": false
            }
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:15:35 PM

[image snipped]

You're talking about adding new features to MC, but you can get what you want with the JK script.
You can remove /min from all the start commands and get a normal window, or you can leave /min
and restore the minimized window anytime you want to monitor.

No no new features .. already built in I think ... plus i see profits everything.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: