Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░-< [ZPOOL.CA][BTC Multipool] The miners multipool >-░▒▓█ Paid 925+ BTC  (Read 217622 times)
Tintress15

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:18:39 AM

Hi all.  I'm pretty new to CPU and GPU mining.  I'm wanting to setup a CPU miner and GPU miner for zpool that auto switches between the available coins for best mining profits.  The trouble is that I can't seem to find any straight forward information that would help a complete novice like me set one up.

So my questions are basically this, and PLEASE forgive me if this has already been answered as I couldn't really narrow it down by looking through the threads...

1.  Which software for CPU / GPU.  Intel I5, I7 and older ATI card (laptop driven) as well as Intel built in graphics 4600HD.
2.  What script can I use that would launch said programs and switch between pools?
3.  How can I tell which coin(s) are the most profitable at the time?

Before anyone says it...  yes, I KNOW cpu mining isn't profitable and I'm aware of that.  As it is, I have access to free power so I'd like to make some use of it.

Thanks.

PS.   If someone helps me set this up, I'd gladly donate a bit of bitcoins to them.  I have some through ASIC mining.  Smiley

AUTO SWITCH WITH JAREDKARAGEN'S BATCH FILE OR MINERCONTOL--

But auto switchig a CPU miner is doubtfully practical.  Currently, the most efficient CPU mining algo is Lyra2RE. just point it at your favorite pool.  GTX nVidia cards can be auto-switched with JK's batch file or MinerControl, and MinerControl will also work with AMD cards.

Seriously, you need to use Google and read.  JaredKaregan's (JK's) batch file is published in this thread.  If you have AMD cards, or use Linux, JK's batch file won't help.  Windows miners can use MinerControl for nVidia or AMD.  Linux miners need a BASH script or gcc compiled executable, and they are not easy to find.  I haven't found a good one.       --scryptr

I did try google first.  The problem I ran into is that there are so many different "ideas" as to what's right that it gets a bit confusing.  Kinda the same with the forums here.  There's tons of info, but where to start?

So, thanks for the info.
======================================

How does it work?

zpool offers 20+ different sets of algo to mine with.  Mined and confirmed coins are traded automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into payout currencies.

Payouts occur every few hours for balances over 0.005 BTC. If you don't earn that much, every Sunday miners with 0.0005 or more are paid out.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your ASIC equipment  and GPU's to earn BTC. You can however, mine using any currency we currently have enable to receive your payouts in that currency. Non-BTC payouts depend on that coin being mined as your BTC balance is traded internally by our system to your currency of choice. If we have not or are not mining that currency your payouts will be delayed until the pool has mined the blocks for you to get paid. If you notice in the pools status that the currency is red, it means there is not sufficient amounts of the currency to pay miners. It's recommended to use BTC.

We have the ability to automatically switch between most profitable algos as well as coins. See here for setup instructions:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/multialgo

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

You can also find me in SuperNET slack in the #zpool channel. To get a SuperNET Slack invite visit http://slackinvite.supernet.org

Cheers!

zpool Multipool

http://www.zpool.ca/images/zlogo.png

www.zpool.ca
PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
20+ Algos
~150 Coins to mine
DDoS Protected
2% Fees

For ports and stratum check out:

www.zpool.ca

Custom DIFF can be set using the password field. This can be used to support large ASIC devices such as Antminers, Titans, Nice Hash and other rentals:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/diff

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

===================================

Russian Video discussing zpool.ca pool and miner setups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqHwMGVPslI

Percivul

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:20:20 AM

I used the Nicehash miner for awhile but ZPool offers better payouts and a slightly lower fee so I was switching over to them.

If there's a way to get the Nicehash miner to work with ZPool, I'm not familiar with it.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 05:29:18 AM

I used the Nicehash miner for awhile but ZPool offers better payouts and a slightly lower fee so I was switching over to them.

If there's a way to get the Nicehash miner to work with ZPool, I'm not familiar with it.

ZPOOL WORKS WITH JK'S BATCH FILE OR MINERCONTROL--

NiceHash Miner is slick, but custom configured for NiceHsh only.  NiceHash is AMD card centric, Zpool is nVidia centric.  That is why a simple batch file will work at Zpool, exploiting a built-in feature of CCminer for nVidia cards,       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:26:03 AM

ZPOOL WORKS WITH JK'S BATCH FILE OR MINERCONTROL--

NiceHash Miner is slick, but custom configured for NiceHsh only.  NiceHash is AMD card centric, Zpool is nVidia centric.  That is why a simple batch file will work at Zpool, exploiting a built-in feature of CCminer for nVidia cards,       --scryptr

JK's scripts are at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1260863.msg15119470#msg15119470

My 980Ti runs riot with his scripts at zpool.

Nicehash actually runs quite well with both AMD and NVIDIA, however the fees is high.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Nataly2014

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:15:53 AM

Zpool.ca - site its Offline!
Nataly2014

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:17:48 AM

No, its work again!
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:03:41 AM

no no, you don't need nicehashminer for mining here but you need all the software from its package,
and its benchmarking mode to learn how to use that software, they've done half the job for you making the kit,
but mining is not press-to-play, you need knowledge and experience.
and btw don't tell about better payouts until you measured them yourself,
everything may turn out very different.

Ok, what do you mean by using the software in it?  Are you referring to sgminer and whatnot?  As for the benchmarking mode, can you give me an example?
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 11:25:47 AM

no no, you don't need nicehashminer for mining here but you need all the software from its package,
and its benchmarking mode to learn how to use that software, they've done half the job for you making the kit,

Ok, what do you mean by using the software in it?  Are you referring to sgminer and whatnot?  As for the benchmarking mode, can you give me an example?

software in "bin" folder, full set of cpu/gpu miners.
benchmarking mode is standard feature of nicehashminer, button on the right.
after benchmarking you check log.txt to see what and how has been mined,
which miner for which algo, and parameters

NICEHASH CLEANED UP AND STANDARDIZED SEVERAL MINING PACKAGES--

And then launches them all with their GUI shell.  So, as stated above, look in the "bin" directory for individual mining software packages.  The "NiceHash Miner" shell will detect which GPUs you have on your system, and launch the best mining software for the job, depending on profitabilty at NiceHash.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:31:31 AM

on Mh/s-Hours graphics, green bar is hashrate, blue is ?av.price? and dark red is what?

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:16:51 PM

on Mh/s-Hours graphics, green bar is hashrate, blue is ?av.price? and dark red is what?

Considering its colour, I'd guess rejects.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:59:28 PM

Ok, what do you mean by using the software in it?  Are you referring to sgminer and whatnot?  As for the benchmarking mode, can you give me an example?

software in "bin" folder, full set of cpu/gpu miners.
benchmarking mode is standard feature of nicehashminer, button on the right.
after benchmarking you check log.txt to see what and how has been mined,
which miner for which algo, and parameters

NICEHASH CLEANED UP AND STANDARDIZED SEVERAL MINING PACKAGES--

And then launches them all with their GUI shell.  So, as stated above, look in the "bin" directory for individual mining software packages.  The "NiceHash Miner" shell will detect which GPUs you have on your system, and launch the best mining software for the job, depending on profitabilty at NiceHash.

--scryptr

Sweet!  That would probably make things so much simpler since I'll be able to see what it's doing.  Thanks for the info, guys.

Now if I can get the Intel HD stuff to work, I'll be all set.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 06:36:24 PM

OK... looks like a lot has happened since I last checked in.

My day-job I am on-call for is a Audio/Lighting technician, and I just got back from a 4 day adventure in the woods for a private festival....   What an epic time that was.  We had a perfect high-altitude of the Pierced meteor shower.

Ok:  so lets see if I can get a solid answer here, please let me know if I missed someone else:

Hi all.  I'm pretty new to CPU and GPU mining.  I'm wanting to setup a CPU miner and GPU miner for zpool that auto switches between the available coins for best mining profits.  The trouble is that I can't seem to find any straight forward information that would help a complete novice like me set one up.

So my questions are basically this, and PLEASE forgive me if this has already been answered as I couldn't really narrow it down by looking through the threads...

1.  Which software for CPU / GPU.  Intel I5, I7 and older ATI card (laptop driven) as well as Intel built in graphics 4600HD.
2.  What script can I use that would launch said programs and switch between pools?
3.  How can I tell which coin(s) are the most profitable at the time?

Before anyone says it...  yes, I KNOW cpu mining isn't profitable and I'm aware of that.  As it is, I have access to free power so I'd like to make some use of it.

Thanks.

PS.   If someone helps me set this up, I'd gladly donate a bit of bitcoins to them.  I have some through ASIC mining.  Smiley

There's the link to the batch which is always updated in my signature.    In that post, are links to all of the miner apps that I am currently using to mine with my batch file.

I will say this straight up:  DO NOT MINE WITH A LAPTOP.  you will kill it.  Especially if it's an I5/i7 model as those little mobile processors run hot by themselves.  Trust me;  I have burnt out a Lenovo X201i, T420, and W520.  That's not a cheap price to pay either.  They flat-out do not have enough cooling to run 24/7 like miners do.  you would need it in a refrigerator with active cooling/convection.   Save the laptop and just build a PC.

For the PC side:  anything Core2-Quad generation and newer is highly recommended, though it will work on older/slower hardware.   The more cores your processor has, the better it will deal with trying to connect to many algos at once as my batch does.

For the software (remember I am only working with nvidia specific cards):  (referenced in my batch post)
I use ccminer 1.8.0 for all algos by default....  it's the "go-to" app.    I have found that it wont recognize the cuda cores and device identifiers on my GTX275 [test purposes]... and on a GTX480, it wouldn't work either.  For video cards that seem to not work with 1.8.0, I use the ccminer lbry or x11evo version which seems to have all the older core configs compiled in.  The newer one only seems to like 700+ series.  Anything 600 or earlier are hit and miss.

Sweet!  That would probably make things so much simpler since I'll be able to see what it's doing.  Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm guessing nicehash miner doesn't even see your video card... riiight? lol (assuming you tried that)
The 4600HD is not capable, I have yet to see one application for intel graphics mining myself.  You can search the webs, but don't hold your breath on finding one.

Id suggest buying anything in the 900 series if you are buying hardware to begin mining; and Id suggest a 960, 980, 980Ti, or any of the new 10 series.    The 750Ti cards are great, but only have so much efficiency with many algos.   They are very power conservative with others.  It's a waste of power/time to work with 500 series and earlier GTX models.... in my opinion, but for some people, hashrate is hashrate.  We have an encoding/render box in SF that has a GTX 650; and I still have it mine =)
\

For ATI:  I have yet to build a ATI powered miner (haven't bought an ATI card since they made the All In Wonder PRO in AGP format); so I can't comment on the nuances of setting up and configuring the software used for them.

I myself have two CPU's mining:
http://zpool.ca/?address=1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP
one machine has 2x 10 core xeon processors (X5650), and one machine with an i7-920 at stock clock.   If a LBRY block doesn't hit before you view my wallet, you will see how little those two machines earn in 24 hours...  

~0.00011/day for all processors mining....  Pretty minimal.... when you put together the notion that you are wasting more electricity on peripherals to run the processors than the processors take themselves... you will understand my meaning by it's almost not worth it.... but I won't talk you out of it cause i do it myself since my PC's is on mining with their video cards anyways.... plus I don't pay for power at home; included in my rental of property space.  You will need to google search "cryptominingblog XXX miner" where XXX is the algo(s) you wish to mine and download a copy of cpuminer.  Typically the newest algo's miner will have all or most of the older algos still compiled in, so you just have one version of cpuminer to run.  I have a simplified batch I can post up for that if/when needed.   But you have to disable virus protection.  Because of asshats with botnets;  antivirus software now thinks cpuminer is a bit of malware automatically.  Personally;  I solely point cpu's at neoscrypt.  It'a a power hungry algo, but the processor handles it best IMHO and it seems to plainly pay out the best.... FTC FTW.

Finally pool switching:  It's not something I have my batch configured for, and probably won't ever implement.  I see no need to.  I think its actually worse when you switch between pools, but this purely opinion.  Im here for the long haul.  The diversity and sheer profitability of zPool has my mind set on staying here.

OK.   I am done typing for now.   Hopefully this helps you figure out whats the hiccup in finding a starting point.   But the 3 basics are:
1) a nice up to date video card (With a GTX980 and a GTX960 SSC I got almost $10 in payouts on just Saturday just by mining LBRY)
2) a good working stable pc (I save old computers with multiple PCIE 16x slots for making miners.  I just save the motherboards and power supplies.  Some I even create a USB bootable Win7 OS to use as a "light" machine to sip even less power slower.  So when I get more cards from my business partner in SF, I just pull one out of my closet I have been saving and slap together a unit =)
3) a reliable internet connection

always glad to help you get on your feet if you want.... I post here fairly often, and as long as my job doesn't take me to nowhereland with no access to cellular/internet, I check in here multiple times daily.   Usually late night/Early AM PST.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:50:17 PM

OK... looks like a lot has happened since I last checked in.

My day-job I am on-call for is a Audio/Lighting technician, and I just got back from a 4 day adventure in the woods for a private festival....   What an epic time that was.  We had a perfect high-altitude of the Pierced meteor shower.

Ok:  so lets see if I can get a solid answer here, please let me know if I missed someone else:

Hi all.  I'm pretty new to CPU and GPU mining.  I'm wanting to setup a CPU miner and GPU miner for zpool that auto switches between the available coins for best mining profits.  The trouble is that I can't seem to find any straight forward information that would help a complete novice like me set one up.

1.  Which software for CPU / GPU.  Intel I5, I7 and older ATI card (laptop driven) as well as Intel built in graphics 4600HD.
2.  What script can I use that would launch said programs and switch between pools?
3.  How can I tell which coin(s) are the most profitable at the time?

Before anyone says it...  yes, I KNOW cpu mining isn't profitable and I'm aware of that.  As it is, I have access to free power so I'd like to make some use of it.

Thanks.

PS.   If someone helps me set this up, I'd gladly donate a bit of bitcoins to them.  I have some through ASIC mining.  Smiley

There's the link to the batch which is always updated in my signature.    In that post, are links to all of the miner apps that I am currently using to mine with my batch file.

I will say this straight up:  DO NOT MINE WITH A LAPTOP.  you will kill it.  Especially if it's an I5/i7 model as those little mobile processors run hot by themselves.  Trust me;  I have burnt out a Lenovo X201i, T420, and W520.  That's not a cheap price to pay either.  They flat-out do not have enough cooling to run 24/7 like miners do.  you would need it in a refrigerator with active cooling/convection.   Save the laptop and just build a PC.

For the PC side:  anything Core2-Quad generation and newer is highly recommended, though it will work on older/slower hardware.   The more cores your processor has, the better it will deal with trying to connect to many algos at once as my batch does.

For the software (remember I am only working with nvidia specific cards):  (referenced in my batch post)
I use ccminer 1.8.0 for all algos by default....  it's the "go-to" app.    I have found that it wont recognize the cuda cores and device identifiers on my GTX275 [test purposes]... and on a GTX480, it wouldn't work either.  For video cards that seem to not work with 1.8.0, I use the ccminer lbry or x11evo version which seems to have all the older core configs compiled in.  The newer one only seems to like 700+ series.  Anything 600 or earlier are hit and miss.

Sweet!  That would probably make things so much simpler since I'll be able to see what it's doing.  Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm guessing nicehash miner doesn't even see your video card... riiight? lol (assuming you tried that)
The 4600HD is not capable, I have yet to see one application for intel graphics mining myself.  You can search the webs, but don't hold your breath on finding one.

Id suggest buying anything in the 900 series if you are buying hardware to begin mining; and Id suggest a 960, 980, 980Ti, or any of the new 10 series.    The 750Ti cards are great, but only have so much efficiency with many algos.   They are very power conservative with others.  It's a waste of power/time to work with 500 series and earlier GTX models.... in my opinion, but for some people, hashrate is hashrate.  We have an encoding/render box in SF that has a GTX 650; and I still have it mine =)
\

For ATI:  I have yet to build a ATI powered miner (haven't bought an ATI card since they made the All In Wonder PRO in AGP format); so I can't comment on the nuances of setting up and configuring the software used for them.

I myself have two CPU's mining:
http://zpool.ca/?address=1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP
one machine has 2x 10 core xeon processors (X5650), and one machine with an i7-920 at stock clock.   If a LBRY block doesn't hit before you view my wallet, you will see how little those two machines earn in 24 hours...  

~0.00011/day for all processors mining....  Pretty minimal.... when you put together the notion that you are wasting more electricity on peripherals to run the processors than the processors take themselves... you will understand my meaning by it's almost not worth it.... but I won't talk you out of it cause i do it myself since my PC's is on mining with their video cards anyways.... plus I don't pay for power at home; included in my rental of property space.  You will need to google search "cryptominingblog XXX miner" where XXX is the algo(s) you wish to mine and download a copy of cpuminer.  Typically the newest algo's miner will have all or most of the older algos still compiled in, so you just have one version of cpuminer to run.  I have a simplified batch I can post up for that if/when needed.   But you have to disable virus protection.  Because of asshats with botnets;  antivirus software now thinks cpuminer is a bit of malware automatically.  Personally;  I solely point cpu's at neoscrypt.  It'a a power hungry algo, but the processor handles it best IMHO and it seems to plainly pay out the best.... FTC FTW.

Finally pool switching:  It's not something I have my batch configured for, and probably won't ever implement.  I see no need to.  I think its actually worse when you switch between pools, but this purely opinion.  Im here for the long haul.  The diversity and sheer profitability of zPool has my mind set on staying here.

OK.   I am done typing for now.   Hopefully this helps you figure out whats the hiccup in finding a starting point.   But the 3 basics are:
1) a nice up to date video card (With a GTX980 and a GTX960 SSC I got almost $10 in payouts on just Saturday just by mining LBRY)
2) a good working stable pc (I save old computers with multiple PCIE 16x slots for making miners.  I just save the motherboards and power supplies.  Some I even create a USB bootable Win7 OS to use as a "light" machine to sip even less power slower.  So when I get more cards from my business partner in SF, I just pull one out of my closet I have been saving and slap together a unit =)
3) a reliable internet connection

always glad to help you get on your feet if you want.... I post here fairly often, and as long as my job doesn't take me to nowhereland with no access to cellular/internet, I check in here multiple times daily.   Usually late night/Early AM PST.

You guys have helped immensely.  It's made the whole process so much easier to understand and work with.  I'm home for the day but I'll be heading in tomorrow to see if I can implement any of the stuff you guys have shared.

I'll try not to be a nuisance but I will say that once I learn it, I learn it.  That said, I DID find that there is a way to get the Intel stuff to mine (albeit pretty slowly) so it's not really doing much.  The reason I wanted to try it was because I have access to free power at my job so even if it's 0.000000001 per day, that's still profit.  Smiley
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:52:44 PM

stuff
See, now that's the posts that this place should be all about!
I see so many short, pointless posts that amount to "GO AWAY, SMALLFRY!!" that it makes me sick.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:56:48 PM

I looked over your script and I noticed that yescrypt isn't there.  I was wondering if you had plans to add that in as it's paying really well for CPU mining at the moment?
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:20:36 PM

I DID find that there is a way to get the Intel stuff to mine (albeit pretty slowly) so it's not really doing much. 

Please share.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 07:27:27 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 07:51:14 PM by scryptr

I looked over your script and I noticed that yescrypt isn't there.  I was wondering if you had plans to add that in as it's paying really well for CPU mining at the moment?

CPUMINING IS POINT AND SET--

You can point your CPU miner at Yescrypt and leave it while your GPU is switching.  Yescrypt will stay at the top, and GPU miners are slower than CPUs when mining Yescrypt.  There is a feature built into CCminer that allows auto-switching, CPU miners don't have it.

Personally, I like Lyra2RE, and point several CPUs at it while the different graphics cards are mining different algorithms.  I earn up to $1 a day in BTC with my CPU miners.  Yescrypt pays at a higher rate, but a CPU can generate several times the Hash Rate for Lyra2RE algorithm, resulting in a bigger payout.  

Hope this helps.  Both Jared and myself are interested in autoswitching, but I use Miner Control.       --scryptr

EDIT:  Basically, you would never want to switch your GPU to Yescrypt, because your faithful, hardworking CPU is already hashing 4X faster on the algorithm than the GPU can manage.  Yescryypt was designed that way. to keep out GPUs and ASICS.       --scryptr

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 07:47:48 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 07:58:32 PM by JaredKaragen

I looked over your script and I noticed that yescrypt isn't there.  I was wondering if you had plans to add that in as it's paying really well for CPU mining at the moment?
Yesscrypt doesn't do #@$%# on a GPU.... well, nvidia anyways...   or hashrate is seriously under-profit compared to lets say X11.
I have found that yesscrypt is best on the new E-series cpu's with insane amounts of cores at higher freq...  But;  when I normalized on my I7 and my xeon X5650/X5365 machines;  Neoscrypt/argon2 were always preferred above all else.

Take the profitability in the corner with a grain of salt.  relate non-gpu algos with non-gpu algos only.  (Yesscrypt, m7m, argon2, neoscrypt)....   But the normalizations are magnatudes different than each other:

My Dual Xeon X5365 SLAED machine had these values [the values were scaled up a little in hashrate between it and the X5650 machine but no deviance same ratio of hash diff]:
argon2=   12.1 Kh/s 0.0121Mh
yescrypt=   1.05 Kh/s 0.00105Mh
neoscrypt=   23.1 Kh/s 0.0231Mh
So those MH values are what you multiply the current profitability estimate with that's displayed in the "Pool Status" pane on the site. (which [as I understand] is based on things like:  exchange price, pool luck, BTC exchange price, and hashrate/miners, etc)  That yescrype value is kind-of a false number... see why?  it's a thousandth, when the other's are 10-20x more when calculated to their respective lower number.   Yescrypt has been on the top since it first was added.   Only random exchange pricing causes one algo to take the cake, but that basically never happens.

so......

for multi CPU profit switching it would look like this:
Code:
:start
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a argon2 -o stratum+tcp://argon2.mine.zpool.ca:4234 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
cpuminer.exe -r 0 -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://yescrypt.mine.zpool.ca:6233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
goto start

Now;  my batch will be modified at some point to do it for the cpu algos, but since there's only 3 I can use I leave it in the old "round robin" config. (haven't yet found a good working copy of m7m cpuminer for xeons and first gen i7's so its not here).  I can trim up the batch for this sometime if people think its necessary..

*edit* but yes;  You can run profit switching between cpu and GPU algos independently.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:57:35 PM

I DID find that there is a way to get the Intel stuff to mine (albeit pretty slowly) so it's not really doing much. 

Please share.

What I did was get BFGMiner setup and running.  It didn't see the GPU at first but after a scan, it found it.  Again, the hash rates were slow but it did seem to work.  I have it running on a work PC so if you need more specific info, I'll have to get it from work tomorrow.

Bear in mind that you have to be using the Intel drivers AND you need to be certain that it supports OpenCL 1.2 or greater or it won't work at all.
Percivul

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:01:58 PM

Yesscrypt doesn't do #@$%# on a GPU.... well, nvidia anyways...   or hashrate is seriously under-profit compared to lets say X11.
I have found that yesscrypt is best on the new E-series cpu's with insane amounts of cores at higher freq...  But;  when I normalized on my I7 and my xeon X5650/X5365 machines;  Neoscrypt/argon2 were always preferred above all else.

Take the profitability in the corner with a grain of salt.  relate non-gpu algos with non-gpu algos only.  (Yesscrypt, m7m, argon2, neoscrypt)....   But the normalizations are magnatudes different than each other:

My Dual Xeon X5365 SLAED machine had these values [the values were scaled up a little in hashrate between it and the X5650 machine but no deviance same ratio of hash diff]:
argon2=   12.1 Kh/s 0.0121Mh
yescrypt=   1.05 Kh/s 0.00105Mh
neoscrypt=   23.1 Kh/s 0.0231Mh
So those MH values are what you multiply the current profitability estimate with that's displayed in the "Pool Status" pane on the site. (which [as I understand] is based on things like:  exchange price, pool luck, BTC exchange price, and hashrate/miners, etc)  That yescrype value is kind-of a false number... see why?  it's a thousandth, when the other's are 10-20x more when calculated to their respective lower number.   Yescrypt has been on the top since it first was added.   Only random exchange pricing causes one algo to take the cake, but that basically never happens.

so......

for multi CPU profit switching it would look like this:
Code:
:start
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a argon2 -o stratum+tcp://argon2.mine.zpool.ca:4234 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
cpuminer.exe -r 0 -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://yescrypt.mine.zpool.ca:6233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920,c=BTC,neoscrypt=0.0231,argon2=0.0121,yescrypt=0.00105,stats
goto start

Now;  my batch will be modified at some point to do it for the cpu algos, but since there's only 3 I can use I leave it in the old "round robin" config. (haven't yet found a good working copy of m7m cpuminer for xeons and first gen i7's so its not here).  I can trim up the batch for this sometime if people think its necessary..

*edit* but yes;  You can run profit switching between cpu and GPU algos independently.

Ok, so you got me interested in something.  When you posted up your switching algo, it was your password switches that caught my attention.  What are the numbers next to each of the algorithms and how do you determine what they are or should be?  My switch setup is very basic in that it only lists the algo itself but no numbers afterwards.  Am I assuming correctly that this has something to do with the weighting of the algos themselves or is there something else here that I should be looking at?

Also, and I'm just sayin', it would be WONDERFUL if you incorporated CPU switching into your batch file.  Kind of a way to keep it all together and nice and tidy.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: