Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:02:04 PM

Without altcoin, Bitcoin popularity would have been a little less. Trading would have been done between Bitcoin/US dollars and trading volume would have been less when compared to current situation.Earning through mining would have been less and only bitcoin would have been mined instead of altcoins.

Who says bitcoin is popular because alt coins exist? Reality is that alt coins are famous because there is bitcoin. All alt coins are traded against btc because people love bitcoin and they want their bitcoins to grow but they are not interested in alt coins themselves.
That might be true but still there's no particular altcoin that's being introduced to us because we know bitcoins. Like, if you know bitcoin you should know xcoin as well. There's nothing like that but if you know an altcoin, you would eventually find out about bitcoin. Altcoin campaigns are all over facebook and twitter and even non-bitcoin users are getting introduced to it. While I mostly agree with the first guy, I don't think this idea should be debated over. There's no point fighting over who introduced who. I love to think that bitcoins and altcoins are actually like two flowers that grow together and not prevent each other's growth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:04:34 PM

In the past and usually a new altcoin is being created with the only purpose to steal our bitcoins, with that said it would be better to have only bitcoin, and it would be more trusted and safe investement. For other side several altcoins as allowed people to get more bitcoin then they could get if were going to buy them, i do believe its a need situation, peoople need altcoins to get easy bitcoins.
HashBTC

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 01:41:04 PM

with no other cryptocurrencies the price would be further inflated and there would be more investment in one solution.

I think ?

grandy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:12:37 PM

in fact, it is very difficult to imagine bitcoin without altcoin. probably about 80% of users bitcoin definitely use altcoin to find additional money. Well, I see that most people of this forum is a trader, and I am sure they are traders of altcoin. so I think, bitcoin will feel less without altcoin.
yes it is a fact, as most of the people are using bitcoin for trading in alt coins and making money there. therefore altcoin is an important factor of bitcoin and it really important for trader specailly.
m5city

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:06:26 PM

nobody willl die without somebody, except you loveR!
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:21:19 PM

in fact, it is very difficult to imagine bitcoin without altcoin. probably about 80% of users bitcoin definitely use altcoin to find additional money. Well, I see that most people of this forum is a trader, and I am sure they are traders of altcoin. so I think, bitcoin will feel less without altcoin.
yes it is a fact, as most of the people are using bitcoin for trading in alt coins and making money there. therefore altcoin is an important factor of bitcoin and it really important for trader specailly.
That is why the price of bitcoin is so high because altcoin is there to support and to spread the news about bitcoin.. because before they can buy altcoin they need to buy bitcoin first and invest in altcoin.. Also altcoin are always promoting in many different ways facebook forums or any social medias that can attract other people to invest in altcoin and before they can buy altcoin they need to buy bitcoin first. so that altcoin is important and how bitcoin getting benefits by altcoin..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:21:42 PM

That is why the price of bitcoin is so high because altcoin is there to support and to spread the news about bitcoin.. because before they can buy altcoin they need to buy bitcoin first and invest in altcoin.. Also altcoin are always promoting in many different ways facebook forums or any social medias that can attract other people to invest in altcoin and before they can buy altcoin they need to buy bitcoin first. so that altcoin is important and how bitcoin getting benefits by altcoin..

Nowadays you can but the some good altcoins directly with fiat, you dont need really to buy bitcoin first and then go to altcoins. Anyway the thing is altcoins will be used always to get and collecte more bitcoins, i dont see any of them be able to replace bitcoin, its milions invested and no one had joined to loose money. It may result into some altcoin as bitcoin mine ends to get some part of the hash into it, since its possible to mine others altcoins.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

I do agree, most of the people dont realize that alt coin is helping bitcoin to increase the transaction rate from trading and also alt coin can become a profitable investment for traders, so actually we need alt coin to bring more way to earn in crypto currencies world
juras54

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:09:21 AM

Competition from Alternative coins is the engine of all
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:16:46 AM

If the above quote is true, then bitcoin seems to be the fuel. Without fuel the engine never functions, so without bitcoin altcoins were nothing. They just run successfully upon the technology which keeps bitcoin the leader of cryptocurrencies. So both are mutually needed for growth, still everything cannot be successful as bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:34:38 AM

I do agree, most of the people dont realize that alt coin is helping bitcoin to increase the transaction rate from trading and also alt coin can become a profitable investment for traders, so actually we need alt coin to bring more way to earn in crypto currencies world

But sometimes the price of alternative coin is unstable and can't promise increase highly. But if you have good strategy to avoid losing you will get many benefits from trading alternative coin. There some accident that alternative coin has hacked and the price drop deeply.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:36:08 AM

If the above quote is true, then bitcoin seems to be the fuel. Without fuel the engine never functions, so without bitcoin altcoins were nothing. They just run successfully upon the technology which keeps bitcoin the leader of cryptocurrencies. So both are mutually needed for growth, still everything cannot be successful as bitcoin.
It's a healthy competition that what we have witness, altcoins has help bitcoin to be popular, but you cannot expect bitcoin will be surpass easily by altcoins in terms of value.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Taksonas

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:32:21 AM

It's a healthy competition that what we have witness, altcoins has help bitcoin to be popular, but you cannot expect bitcoin will be surpass easily by altcoins in terms of value.

Indeed it really helped getting it more popular and I think that is the biggest thing it did so the altcoins was pretty good for the bitcoin.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

Sooner or later there will be only bitcoin but without alternative coins. They will die first when fiat virtual currency and banks digital money will run online. So it will be the competition between bitcoin and fiat virtual currency. It is not clear if this virtual money will play like a cryptocurrency which is market based or it is run by the government and the central bank. Everything is unclear yet, let wait for new updates from the new online.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:10:38 AM

Well I think that your statement is false because the altcoins right now mainly are there to earn the founders some extra coin from the ICOs and really not there to make the cryptocurrency system any better. There is also a new trend of altcoins paying in their own currency to pay for spammers like you.

Bitcoin is still the premier choice in my opinion, nothing else really has the reputation and track record of bitcoin.
marseille

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:27:30 AM

Altcoins have no thread to bitcoin at all, just look at their market caps. The altcoins did tested many interesting ideas and advanced our understanding on the blockchain, so push blockchain technologies into many different areas.
TheBobman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:45:36 AM

It would be used less more and also be less more successful because the bitcoin is also became popular because of the altcoins
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:12:45 AM

It would be used less more and also be less more successful because the bitcoin is also became popular because of the altcoins

No, those alt coins doesn't even have something to do for bitcoins success. Bitcoin became successful all of the sudden when those early adopters found out that it can used as a medium of transactions. And those alt coins that came out just copy cat the idea of bitcoin because many developers saw the potential of crypto currency which bitcoin is the original source of it.

Wrong. Altcoin's company has introduced a lot of people to bitcoins. Without them, bitcoin wouldn't be as successful as it is right now. I know that altcoins are just a copy of bitcoins and people mainly just use altcoins to earn even more bitcoins, but that's okay. The gist is that every new member of the altcoin community is eventually a new member of the bitcoin community. The introduction of altcoins is one of the key to reach mass adoption. I've never seen someone promoting bitcoins but I've seen tons of people promoting a certain altcoin.

Bitcoin might already have become recognized even without altcoins but that recognition wouldn't push forward if it wasn't because of the help of altcoins. The bitcoin success would be much slower without altcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 11:18:44 AM

No, those alt coins doesn't even have something to do for bitcoins success. Bitcoin became successful all of the sudden when those early adopters found out that it can used as a medium of transactions. And those alt coins that came out just copy cat the idea of bitcoin because many developers saw the potential of crypto currency which bitcoin is the original source of it.

Wrong. Altcoin's company has introduced a lot of people to bitcoins. Without them, bitcoin wouldn't be as successful as it is right now. I know that altcoins are just a copy of bitcoins and people mainly just use altcoins to earn even more bitcoins, but that's okay. The gist is that every new member of the altcoin community is eventually a new member of the bitcoin community. The introduction of altcoins is one of the key to reach mass adoption. I've never seen someone promoting bitcoins but I've seen tons of people promoting a certain altcoin.

Bitcoin might already have become recognized even without altcoins but that recognition wouldn't push forward if it wasn't because of the help of altcoins. The bitcoin success would be much slower without altcoins.

In that case I would like you to counter my opinion, why I believe altcoins are useless except for trading purpose:

Altcoins of turn out to be stagnant, non-changing in price in other words "dead" and left by developers until a fork is delivered by some other developer. They also turn out to be scam projects at times.

Now many people have been introduced to bitcoin after altcoin promotions - just like you said in your message - then they have a first preference to the altcoin than bitcoin - next the altcoin turn dead or scam. The investors now think bitcoin to also be a scam project and brand it as scam too.

This may not seem realistic but has happened in many local communities where people were promoting altcoins, one of which I was once a part of.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
legendbtc

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:05:03 PM

But sometimes the price of alternative coin is unstable and can't promise increase highly. But if you have good strategy to avoid losing you will get many benefits from trading alternative coin. There some accident that alternative coin has hacked and the price drop deeply.

Yes but many time i see fluctuation keep arising in altcoin only dumping and pumping the coins, but altcoin are completely based on the bitcoin only they need to secure like bitcoin means atleast people should have more confidence in altcoin. But people are arising more speculation daily about the altcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: