Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782150 times)
petitjean

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:23:00 PM

Thank you for the answer Lercker...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Master mind

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:12:27 AM

Any news from dev?
Thanks
resinball

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:37:05 PM

so i got a cool 1000 PIVX and i've been staking and haven't received a stake.  i'm keeping my PIVX.  but what i find kinda unfair is that those bigger bags that get rewarded and after 100 confirms jump right back into even playing field with my 1000 attempting to catch my first stake.  coinage used to actually give smaller bags a chance to stake but now i feel even more out of the squeeze to stake... any insight?  there maybe more to this technology that give me a better possibility to stake with my smaller bag?
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:45:04 PM

Dev's, I have read that PIVX broadcasts user ips and masternodes also retain a log of all users ip addresses. is this true ?
no

it is not true

Sorry but I think it's wrong. The Wallet broadcasts your ips to others to find peers. How otherwise would they find you? It's kept in the peers.dat file.

To mitigate this you can use tor. you just need to download torbrowser from www.torproject.org and go to your pivx wallet in the network tab and select Connect through SOCKS5 and change the port to 9150.

For your masternode you can create a tor hidden service (.onion address). There are many guides.

Hello fellow pivians,

I hold 370 pivx for quiet some time and I am wondering, can i stake my pivx in any way for some pivx rewards? I am pretty newb about this so go easy on me. Grin

I stake with 400 coins and get about 3 blocks per month.

The staking calculator shows that I should get one block per month, but because not everyone is staking their PIVX and therefore with a lower difficulty you can find blocks more often Wink

It sounds more like mining the way you describe it. Is that really what staking involves, "getting blocks"? I thought it was more a mathematical (not chance) based reward system.
Can someone jump in here?

afaik there is also some luck involved with staking. but i'm just a noder, maybe a stake pro can give a better answer  Wink

LOL, and for some reason, your "I'm just a noder" went through my head as "I'm a hip hop soldier". (LL Cool J! lol)
Anyway, I find it interesting how regular the payouts are (as long as I have a good connection). I won't crap on other coins, but another privacy stake coin I played with had so many false "stakes", most of them actually. A bit frustrating.

I'm curious to see how Pivx pans out. I know we all look at our coins in that way, quite often anyway, but PIVX is like a better Dash, in many many ways. More so than Litecoin is to Bitcoin. But speaking of which, BTC's price of 2590 vs. LTC's price of 50, is a 52:1 ratio (More psychological imo). Their market caps are 42.7 Bill vs 2.7 Bill respectively, a 16 to 1 ratio. (Yeah, different supplies, ages, float, etc. but a nice comparison for comparisons sake. Go further taking supply into account if you wish). Dash's price is 200 vs PIVX's 2.60, a 77:1 ratio (Big difference). But their market caps are 1.5 Billion to 140 Mill, respectively, which is a an 11:1 ratio (Much closer). 7.5 million vs 53 million supply though! (Dash being lower)

Thanks for the analysis! it's a yuge difference as you explained.

Concerning staking you should read both whitepapers in the OP https://www.dropbox.com/s/jojqo5rmaxy45ex/Blackcoin%20POS%203.pdf and http://blackcoin.co/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf to better understand it.

In short it's this :

proofhash < coins ·target

proofhash being awared the block PoS reward.

so i got a cool 1000 PIVX and i've been staking and haven't received a stake.  i'm keeping my PIVX.  but what i find kinda unfair is that those bigger bags that get rewarded and after 100 confirms jump right back into even playing field with my 1000 attempting to catch my first stake.  coinage used to actually give smaller bags a chance to stake but now i feel even more out of the squeeze to stake... any insight?  there maybe more to this technology that give me a better possibility to stake with my smaller bag?

From the white papers :

The Block Reward in most Proof of Stake systems is unfortunately based on Coin Age. In
theory, this is to distribute interest fairly by allowing nodes to receive latent payments
due. It is an attempt to keep a common APR. However, this system does not work
because nodes can stay disconnected and with many split inputs, reconnect to the network 
and game the reward system. Also, it does not give nodes any incentive to stay connected.
In a decentralized system, the more nodes connected the better the security since it shifts
trust from a single entity to the network itself.

You can always check http://cryptocoin.cc/table.php?cryptocoin=Pivx to have an idea about your staking. However like a previous poster said, not everyone is staking... so it's highly realistic to expect improved odds.

But with 1k you aren't that bad, it's true there are big stakers like someone with over 36k however there are smaller stakes that get blocks. I saw a 10 pivx stakes got a block recently ! Furthermore the average is a little over 2500 pivx. Tell us how it goes. But as you say the most important is reliability of your system.

Any news from dev?
Thanks

Try to check the forum or the slack were most of the action happens. There is the github too to see it "live". Btw did you know the Zerocoin Protocol has been tested a few weeks back...

you can check https://pivx.org/news/ or follow jackyman on twitter.

Linux wallet closes about twice a day, asked in slack chat and it seems to be a known bug, hope devs know it too. Is there any way to ask pivx-cli to prompt for a password (when unlocking for staking) instead of typing it into the terminal without censoring (***) ?

What distro and kernel are you using? May I guess a linuxmint flavor with GUI?  Since switching to debian and command line (pivxd and cli), it has been constant uptime. Btw I guess that some devs use debian...

Then for your command line history : https://www.ostechnix.com/how-to-clear-command-line-history-in-linux/

or you erase it all : history -c (total erase) or simply but a space before the command you typed to remove this one only.

i guess we are near (or allready over) ath for mnodes  Smiley
2212 atm

go pivx go & happy noding/staking all

Thanks, same to you !

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
ibcrypto

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:56:52 PM

Fork of Dash.

What actual NEW code is being written/created on this project?

Even was generous to opensource.  I think ChainCoin is another Fork.

B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:27:54 PM

Fork of Dash.

Even was generous to opensource.  I think ChainCoin is another Fork.

PoS and soon zerocoin protocol... and no instamine for starter. Look at the code you will be surprised.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Mrs-X

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:04:52 PM

Fork of Dash.

https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/commits/master

590 commits since it was forked from Dash, that's quite some code.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:46:00 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 10:23:42 PM by pwpwpw

Linux wallet closes about twice a day, asked in slack chat and it seems to be a known bug, hope devs know it too. Is there any way to ask pivx-cli to prompt for a password (when unlocking for staking) instead of typing it into the terminal without censoring (***) ?

What distro and kernel are you using? May I guess a linuxmint flavor with GUI?  Since switching to debian and command line (pivxd and cli), it has been constant uptime. Btw I guess that some devs use debian...

Then for your command line history : https://www.ostechnix.com/how-to-clear-command-line-history-in-linux/

or you erase it all : history -c (total erase) or simply but a space before the command you typed to remove this one only.

I'm using mint 18.2 but I saw on slack that many people with different linux distros are having this problem, this is a bug in the client that should be fixed. Until it's fixed I'm staking on windows, it's 100% stable there also it's a shame that you can't type in a password like whenever you do sudo su, so it won't be visible. Deleting bash history is one thing but still it's visible while you type it, that's why I rather stake on windows until either the linux qt is fixed or cli prompts for pass. I hope they work on at least one of these things. Weird to say that stuff works better on windows Cheesy

resinball

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:57:58 PM

From the white papers :

The Block Reward in most Proof of Stake systems is unfortunately based on Coin Age. In
theory, this is to distribute interest fairly by allowing nodes to receive latent payments
because nodes can stay disconnected and with many split inputs, reconnect to the network 
and game the reward system. Also, it does not give nodes any incentive to stay connected.
In a decentralized system, the more nodes connected the better the security since it shifts

You can always check http://cryptocoin.cc/table.php?cryptocoin=Pivx to have an idea about your staking. However like a previous poster said, not everyone is staking... so it's highly realistic to expect improved odds.

But with 1k you aren't that bad, it's true there are big stakers like someone with over 36k however there are smaller stakes that get blocks. I saw a 10 pivx stakes got a block recently ! Furthermore the average is a little over 2500 pivx. Tell us how it goes. But as you say the most important is reliability of your system.

thanks for the reply!  

i think disconnecting "majority coins in large inputs" and reconnecting and taking a few reward confirms is the real idea behind coinage.  as doing so it will take only a few reward confirms.  when large bags take few reward confirms it opens the Barrier of Entry by giving small bag holders that didn't catch a reward confirm weight and more chances for reward confirms for securing the network.  this happens because then the large inputs are fairly satisfied reducing huge holder the need to devour all the reward confirms.  a reward confirm to a small bag owner gives them the notification that they are indeed staking and securing the network and rewarded for so.
unfortunately people are more greedy than scientific so... yeah they game on all the reward confirms and rest of network has no incentive.

i like the idea!  i am hoping to see some great things!
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:29:21 AM

Fork of Dash.

https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/commits/master

590 commits since it was forked from Dash, that's quite some code.

Wink

I am really waiting for the mobile wallet with zerocoin integration. That will be awesome!!

What distro and kernel are you using? May I guess a linuxmint flavor with GUI?  Since switching to debian and command line (pivxd and cli), it has been constant uptime. Btw I guess that some devs use debian...

I'm using mint 18.2 but I saw on slack that many people with different linux distros are having this problem, this is a bug in the client that should be fixed. Until it's fixed I'm staking on windows, it's 100% stable there also it's a shame that you can't type in a password like whenever you do sudo su, so it won't be visible. Deleting bash history is one thing but still it's visible while you type it, that's why I rather stake on windows until either the linux qt is fixed or cli prompts for pass. I hope they work on at least one of these things. Weird to say that stuff works better on windows Cheesy

Thanks for the info. I too had sometimes the problem with mint. Generally a quick crash a few moments after start up and if not it was stable for long. But there is no comparison to debian 9.0. What ever the bug, it's nice to see it being worked on. 100% as you say.

Sorry to not have well understood your problem with the visible password... use a towel over your head and screen Wink.

From the white papers :

thanks for the reply! 

i think disconnecting "majority coins in large inputs" and reconnecting and taking a few reward confirms is the real idea behind coinage.  as doing so it will take only a few reward confirms.  when large bags take few reward confirms it opens the Barrier of Entry by giving small bag holders that didn't catch a reward confirm weight and more chances for reward confirms for securing the network.  this happens because then the large inputs are fairly satisfied reducing huge holder the need to devour all the reward confirms.  a reward confirm to a small bag owner gives them the notification that they are indeed staking and securing the network and rewarded for so.
unfortunately people are more greedy than scientific so... yeah they game on all the reward confirms and rest of network has no incentive.

i like the idea!  i am hoping to see some great things!

Exactly, better to have a trustless system than one that can be abused. The sad part is that 99% of the users will be honest but a few can crash the system for all. So if the possibility is technically removed by not using coinage, it's a win for everyone.

But in a sense the more coins, someone has the more blocks he should get, it's like owning asics or gpus. Furthermore the more coins hold the greater are his incentive to secure them well and as such making the network more secure for everyone else, including the small holders.

pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:40:42 AM

Sorry to not have well understood your problem with the visible password... use a towel over your head and screen

You misunderstand me, I'm not afraid of someone watching my monitor but if there's something remote like a teamviewer on the system, the password is out.

B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:00:37 PM

Sorry to not have well understood your problem with the visible password... use a towel over your head and screen

You misunderstand me, I'm not afraid of someone watching my monitor but if there's something remote like a teamviewer on the system, the password is out.

If you have doubt format and start clean. Then if something is installed there will be a keylogger... no need to waste time to watch you Smiley.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:47:49 AM

If you have doubt format and start clean. Then if something is installed there will be a keylogger... no need to waste time to watch you Smiley.

Easiest way to handle this is to have a coin only dedicated computer with fresh OS. No downloads, no surfing, etc. Use flash drive to install wallets. Easy peasy.
aqzu

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:40:20 PM

Blood bath is ended. it is time to pivx reach 100$  Grin

Am I too optimistic?  Shocked
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:05:12 PM

Blood bath is ended. it is time to pivx reach 100$  Grin

Am I too optimistic?  Shocked

Depends on your time horizon  Wink Cool

iloveBTCtomuch

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:08:49 PM

Fork of Dash.

Evan was generous to opensource.  I think ChainCoin is another Fork.

PoS and soon zerocoin protocol... and no instamine for starter. Look at the code you will be surprised.

Dash has suffer allot of damage thanks trolling and the stick they swing with is instamine issue which in fact is  already a thing of the past , all  the while that a great many coins have had or still have issues  and they are getting a free pass in comparison to dash ! For instance even bitcoin own creator still has 1milion bitcoin in one bitcoin address.
Dash in fact has one of the best distrubitions out there:
https://bitinfocharts.com/

PIVX has been brought up many times now, and is directly compared to dash in a marketing fashion, which i believe makes PIVX look very dishonest.
So I want to make up a own comparison for:
To sum it up:
-DASH is only a 10% instamine of the totall coin supply  vs 100% fastmine with masternodes earning straight from the start with PIVX
- PIVX had only a mining periode of 181 day's, 70% minined out in less than 100 days
- PIVx two anonymous creators did burn their pre-mine of 6 masternodes, but kept the rewards (anyways it worked out well from a markting perspective, my compliments )
- PIVX masternodes earned straight from the start, the rewards where so large that early holders, never had to sell their mn
- PIVX hash-rate has been very low during the POW mining fase, aka few people where mining it
- PIVX its coin distribution especially during and just after the POW fase was very concentrated, still close to 250 addresses held during this quick rise in marketcap (the smart owners either sold off allot or at the very least divided their holdings of multiple addresses
http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php?count=250

Very little info to clear up the 100% fastmine of PIVX but plenty of good information on DASH it's 10% instamine:
Evan Duffield has no more than 256,000 Dash and will give away 80% of that to fund DAOs within DASH https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/62jc3b/evan_duffield_has_no_more_than_256000_dash_and/
Dash Instamine Issue Clarification https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification
Instamine FAQ https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashInstamined
Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash? https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
My View: Dash’s Instamine Is Not A Problem http://fintekneeks.com/my-view-dashs-pre-mine-is-not-a-problem/
Deep technical analysis of the early mining and distribution https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15619552#msg15619552
Confessions of a Instaminer Hashman https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg18041424#msg18041424
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:16:59 AM

-DASH is only a 10% instamine of the totall coin supply  vs 100% fastmine with masternodes earning straight from the start with PIVX
You clearly have no idea about what flashmining is.

PIVX was not flashmined at all. 1440 blocks were intended to be generated each day, which it did:

block 1: 29 Jan 2016
block 1440: 31 Jan 2016
block 2880: 01 Feb 2016
block 4320: 02 Feb 2016
block 5760: 03 Feb 2016
block 7200: 04 Feb 2016
block 8640: 05 Feb 2016
block 10080: 06 Feb 2016
block 11520: 08 Feb 2016
block 12960: 09 Feb 2016
block 14400: 10 Feb 2016
block 15840: 11 Feb 2016
block 17280: 12 Feb 2016
block 18720: 13 Feb 2016
block 20160: 14 Feb 2016
block 21600: 15 Feb 2016
block 23040: 16 Feb 2016
block 24480: 17 Feb 2016
block 25920: 18 Feb 2016
block 27360: 19 Feb 2016
block 28800: 20 Feb 2016
block 30240: 21 Feb 2016
block 31680: 22 Feb 2016
block 33120: 23 Feb 2016
block 34560: 25 Feb 2016
block 36000: 26 Feb 2016

I couldn't care less about Dash and I dislike the comparisons between PIVX and Dash but since you brought it up here's the first few days of Dash:
block 1: 19 Jan 2014
block 576: 19 Jan 2014
block 1152: 19 Jan 2014
block 1728: 19 Jan 2014
block 2304: 19 Jan 2014
block 2880: 19 Jan 2014
block 3456: 19 Jan 2014
block 4032: 19 Jan 2014
block 4608: 20 Jan 2014

Each line should have been mined a different day (576 blocks per day).

- PIVX had only a mining periode of 181 day's, 70% minined out in less than 100 days
There's nothing wrong with that. 6 months of mining is plenty.

- PIVX masternodes earned straight from the start, the rewards where so large that early holders, never had to sell their mn
That's a backwards way of looking at it. Why should have early investors sold their MNs? What makes you think they didn't? PIVX had plenty of rollercoasters both price and stability-wise so likely most masternodes changed hands by now. I'm sure early Dash masternodes were very lucrative as well.

- PIVX hash-rate has been very low during the POW mining fase, aka few people where mining it
What do you consider "few people"? Also, when Dash launched X11 was new so it was also subject to being mined with publicly unavailable, optimized GPU (and even CPU) miners which were much faster. So it's safe to say only a few people mined with great speeds early on as well. Quark in early 2016 was well known and optimized so it was fair.

- PIVX its coin distribution especially during and just after the POW fase was very concentrated, still close to 250 addresses held during this quick rise in marketcap (the smart owners either sold off allot or at the very least divided their holdings of multiple addresses
So was Dash when it was the same age. And it's easy to break down coins into many addresses and Dash owners had plenty of time to do that so we don't know how much the top 250 holders hold.

Very little info to clear up the 100% fastmine of PIVX
- Because that didn't happen and it's easy to verify which should people do before talking about them as fact.

I know that you're account is just for shilling for Dash and I see you've been spewing the same uninformed nonsense about Pivx since your very first post in April and I'm not expecting you to stop, my reply is simply to try prevent new people believing your nonsense. And for someone who complains about Dash being compared to Pivx, that's all you're doing.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Lercker

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:49:29 AM

There's nothing wrong with that. 6 months of mining is plenty

Clearly knows nothing about PoS coins if they thinks 6 months was a fast period for mining. Many PoS only coins, prior to 2016 only had 3 months or less mining, if any mining at all (the first ICO coins, which most turned out to be scams). 6 months was practically an innovation except that some contemporary coins that plan to go PoS only are still mineable(examples CJ, though launched well after PIVX, or Taj [I was going to say Nevacoin too but Dev decided to leave it hybrid forever, though was supposed to have 14 years mineable periond originally then PoS only]). 
boudesj

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:02:43 PM

Hi. I am checking if PIVX would be compatible with the upcoming Blocknet decentralized exchange. I have looked at your github, but cannot figure out if you support BIP65 (OP_checklocktimeverify) and have a bitcoin stock JSON RPC API?
Thanks!
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:09:23 PM

10k pivx here, was staking 2/3 a day, and now suddenly the staking is like 1x every 3-4x days...

any ideas what is happening?

more stakers than masternodes?

Its a huge drop for me :|
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: