Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:07:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495949 times)
jonniebegood

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:36:45 PM

nothing here yet either... Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elsipe

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 12:55:31 AM

Still 0 BTC for me.  But I definitely saw $403.95 of real USD cash go out of my hand to a random clerk at CVS last night.

Charlie - I hope my $400 was worth it.  This is completely unprofessional.  I don't have a ton of extra time or energy, but I'm going to put whatever extra time/energy that I have towards making sure that everyone knows that BitInstant is a complete joke.  You have failed miserably as co-founder and CEO.  Whatever money you get from scamming everyone won't last long enough to make up for your ruined reputation.
tavallyjustice

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:22:22 AM

Beginning to think the same thing elsipe is, this looks like a fucking scam. Unless there is a serious effort to rectify this immediately I'm gonna make sure everyone I talk to knows to avoid this site.
tavallyjustice

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:28:51 AM

I'm seeing people on reddit posting that money they have put in today has made it to its destination fine. so where the hell is the money that went missing?
elsipe

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:32:43 AM

@tavallyjustice:  I'm not sure if it's a scam or complete incompetence.  Neither one is cool.

I saw lots of positive references about BitInstant before I decided to try it, so if it's a scam (I doubt it), they could have just decided that it was now time to cash out & make a run for it with a somewhat small amount of short-term gain.  Sucks for us.  Bad timing.

I think the "scam" option is probably only about a 5-10% possibility, though.  I just think Charlie and his team are understaffed and unprofessional.  I'll never use them again.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 02:01:45 AM

Hey,

Before I address everyone's concerns, I will just post confirmations of people who requested.

Those who accuse us of being a scam, and general trolling will be addressed below.

As our FAQ clearly states, everyone who had an order that did not process after 1 hour is entitled to a full fee refund. To get this, shoot me a PM with your Order ID and Bitcoin address

Quote ID: d07dfb27-668a-4826-b1b9-80d5d3cc036d
Event ID: 62000771-30e1-4e5d-8ff0-7392fda9f4cc

Hey, I just confirmed this processed!

Quote ID    3990f519-8c6a-4f3f-9770-67cb1f6964fc
Event ID    7cc29ff9-35a9-4584-ab53-b52f0f1494d0

Processed as well!

Hi Yankee - I'm having a similar problem with my transaction.

Quote ID   ad377bee-ef27-402a-879a-f9fca7ee3b93
Event ID   67040eac-86eb-4225-8fb0-ffcd786f89bd

Thanks in advance for taking care of this!

This processed, we also sent you an extra 5 BTC to cover the fees and the drop in price since your order was placed Saturday morning.

Quote ID: 6e0154d3-0a68-4709-914b-2de91288931a
Event ID: 0ab1df22-9ca8-41c7-85ed-95dfd378cba6

Processed as well!

Hey i am having the same problem as everyone else.

my transaction last night at walmart for 503.95 never went through to my blockchain.info wallet.

this is my acct number it was payment was sent 906794102

Processed!

still waiting as well.  Cry
I've only been using Bitinstant for a few months but it's always been kind of touch-and-go.
I keep telling myself I'll find another service, but then they fix the issue and they remain the most convenient option for me, but issues like this definitely shake my confidence in where I'm putting my money.
I would try something else today, but I put all of my funds in the hands of Bitinstant, so it's not exactly an option this time around.

Please PM me your order info, I will process it if its not done already!

(1) this is the internet age, not the stone age.....45 seconds for each transaction?

(2) I thought it was BitInstant??  I've been waiting almost 24 hours now.

(3) Maybe this is accepted in the BTC world, but in the "real world", this is a complete failure of the business model and customer service.  BitInstant has only one purpose in life.....and they have failed miserably over the last 1-2 days.

(4) Charlie has been polite, but hasn't offered any compensation to anyone yet.....nor have I heard of anyone who actually has been satisfied by the recovery actions.  People are still waiting.

(5) He said he would be online to see everything through......(a) he doesn't show as online on the forum, (b) he hasn't replied to my email for over an hour ago.

Very frustrating.  This is real money here, not some sort of internet "just for fun" game.

1 - I think you don't understand, 45 seconds because if we ping the MtGox API or any exchanges to much then everything will crash and burn.

Since we don't want to break any of our partners software, we slow down processing so we can monitor it.

2 - Yes, due to issues out of our control, however we have processed everything, sent you extra funds, always responded and made it right as promised.

3- While I understand your frustration, we do run a business in the real world. In fact, we are one of the largest and longest running Bitcoin companies. You may be new to the scene, so please do some research about us and the scam companies that have come and gone.

4- Probably because you are new here, but our FAQ clearly states that we refund all fees. I have already done this for your order.

5- I responded to every PM and email you sent me. We have other customers to work with as well, and we were working on this issue during the day. Im sorry I can't sit and update you every 5 minutes as we had a lot of coding to do.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Our staff including myself will be online all night to address any issues.

Thanks

Charlie and the Team.

Charlie - I hope my $400 was worth it.  This is completely unprofessional.  I don't have a ton of extra time or energy, but I'm going to put whatever extra time/energy that I have towards making sure that everyone knows that BitInstant is a complete joke.  You have failed miserably as co-founder and CEO.  Whatever money you get from scamming everyone won't last long enough to make up for your ruined reputation.

This comment is just a joke. You clearly knew we were working on the issue all day, and responding to everyone.

You are new here, but do some research about us before you make stupid accusations like that.

Thanks

I saw lots of positive references about BitInstant before I decided to try it, so if it's a scam (I doubt it), they could have just decided that it was now time to cash out & make a run for it with a somewhat small amount of short-term gain.  Sucks for us.  Bad timing.

I think the "scam" option is probably only about a 5-10% possibility, though.  I just think Charlie and his team are understaffed and unprofessional.  I'll never use them again.

Neither is true.

We have been around for over 18 months now and process over 3m USD worth of transactions per month.

This problem occurred out of our control on a Saturday night New Years Weekend. Not only were we working around the clock with no sleep, including our 5 developers, but we had to have Cloudfare fix the issue as well all day Sunday.

I know this was bad timing, but we have made it right and always updated everyone on this thread. We also sent you extra funds.

If you dont want to use us anyone thats fine, but please don't spread negative things about us. We always take care of our customers.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
rxforyour7

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:15:25 AM

I've been waiting over 24 hours for my MoneyGram/ZipZap to BitInstant transfer to clear to Mt.Gox. I deposited the funds 12/29 at 16:29 CST and got ZipZap confirmation at 16:45 CST that the payment went through. I have gotten nothing deposited in my Mt.Gox account. The transfer was for over $200 dollars. I totally missed out on a great sale because of this, I'm pretty peeved. I know it's not on your guy's end but if someone could clear this transaction that'd be really helpful. If everything in the last 20 hours has been processed how come I still don't have my BTC?

I tried PMing you all the info I have Yankee but since I just opened this account I can't PM you. I can email whatever you need.

Thanks,

Ben
theBTMANIAC

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:16:40 AM

Just sent a PM. I'm sorry that you guys are dealing  with this nonsense. I can only imagine how stressful it must be. Hope you get a good night's rest when all is done! Bitinstant has definitely been the most reliable bitcoin website I've tried thus far; I have full faith in its management. I understand why others are getting frustrated, but things happen.
xgambit

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:16:44 AM

I was told i would get $143 dollars of bitcoins and got 140 on my account. i payed 153 though. i dont get it
elsipe

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:17:24 AM

Hey,

Before I address everyone's concerns, I will just post confirmations of people who requested.

Those who accuse us of being a scam, and general trolling will be addressed below.

As our FAQ clearly states, everyone who had an order that did not process after 1 hour is entitled to a full fee refund. To get this, shoot me a PM with your Order ID and Bitcoin address

Quote ID: d07dfb27-668a-4826-b1b9-80d5d3cc036d
Event ID: 62000771-30e1-4e5d-8ff0-7392fda9f4cc

Hey, I just confirmed this processed!

Quote ID    3990f519-8c6a-4f3f-9770-67cb1f6964fc
Event ID    7cc29ff9-35a9-4584-ab53-b52f0f1494d0

Processed as well!

Hi Yankee - I'm having a similar problem with my transaction.

Quote ID   ad377bee-ef27-402a-879a-f9fca7ee3b93
Event ID   67040eac-86eb-4225-8fb0-ffcd786f89bd

Thanks in advance for taking care of this!

This processed, we also sent you an extra 5 BTC to cover the fees and the drop in price since your order was placed Saturday morning.

Quote ID: 6e0154d3-0a68-4709-914b-2de91288931a
Event ID: 0ab1df22-9ca8-41c7-85ed-95dfd378cba6

Processed as well!

Hey i am having the same problem as everyone else.

my transaction last night at walmart for 503.95 never went through to my blockchain.info wallet.

this is my acct number it was payment was sent 906794102

Processed!

still waiting as well.  Cry
I've only been using Bitinstant for a few months but it's always been kind of touch-and-go.
I keep telling myself I'll find another service, but then they fix the issue and they remain the most convenient option for me, but issues like this definitely shake my confidence in where I'm putting my money.
I would try something else today, but I put all of my funds in the hands of Bitinstant, so it's not exactly an option this time around.

Please PM me your order info, I will process it if its not done already!

(1) this is the internet age, not the stone age.....45 seconds for each transaction?

(2) I thought it was BitInstant??  I've been waiting almost 24 hours now.

(3) Maybe this is accepted in the BTC world, but in the "real world", this is a complete failure of the business model and customer service.  BitInstant has only one purpose in life.....and they have failed miserably over the last 1-2 days.

(4) Charlie has been polite, but hasn't offered any compensation to anyone yet.....nor have I heard of anyone who actually has been satisfied by the recovery actions.  People are still waiting.

(5) He said he would be online to see everything through......(a) he doesn't show as online on the forum, (b) he hasn't replied to my email for over an hour ago.

Very frustrating.  This is real money here, not some sort of internet "just for fun" game.

1 - I think you don't understand, 45 seconds because if we ping the MtGox API or any exchanges to much then everything will crash and burn.

Since we don't want to break any of our partners software, we slow down processing so we can monitor it.

2 - Yes, due to issues out of our control, however we have processed everything, sent you extra funds, always responded and made it right as promised.

3- While I understand your frustration, we do run a business in the real world. In fact, we are one of the largest and longest running Bitcoin companies. You may be new to the scene, so please do some research about us and the scam companies that have come and gone.

4- Probably because you are new here, but our FAQ clearly states that we refund all fees. I have already done this for your order.

5- I responded to every PM and email you sent me. We have other customers to work with as well, and we were working on this issue during the day. Im sorry I can't sit and update you every 5 minutes as we had a lot of coding to do.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Our staff including myself will be online all night to address any issues.

Thanks

Charlie and the Team.

Neither is true.

We have been around for over 18 months now and process over 3m USD worth of transactions per month.

This problem occurred out of our control on a Saturday night New Years Weekend. Not only were we working around the clock with no sleep, including our 5 developers, but we had to have Cloudfare fix the issue as well all day Sunday.

I know this was bad timing, but we have made it right and always updated everyone on this thread. We also sent you extra funds.

If you dont want to use us anyone thats fine, but please don't spread negative things about us. We always take care of our customers.

Everything Charlie says about my transaction is true.  I just received the BTC.  And he compensated me the extra 5 BTC, as he stated.  I finally received that the BTC a few minutes ago......~24 hours after I paid the USD, but he certainly did compensate me the 5 BTC.  Much appreciated.

However, I disagree that what I have posted is "spreading negative things about" them.  It is just the facts.  I think BitInstant needs more controls and resources.  It just can't be acceptable to tell customers that things are "out of our control".  Customers simply don't care.  It's real money.  This is business.  Big whoop that you do $3M USD per month.  You are lucky to have no/few competitors right now.

I work for a global Fortune 50 company.  We would be hammered in the press if we allowed something like this to happen.  Charlie claims that he answered every email and PM.  Maybe so.  But it was a form email response (I know because he sent the same reply to two different help requests I made).  And I would contend that he & his team need to be even more responsive.  Again, I think they are understaffed.

As I researched this, I found that there are customers from the past few months that have had similar complaints.  If BitInstant can take this as a learning experience and continue to improve, it will be great.  And I might even have to recant my "will never use them again" statement.  However, they are lucky that they are first-movers and have little competition right now.  That lets them get away with more mistakes than other companies in other industries.  As mentioned above, if I made this mistake at work, I would see a big revenue/profit hit.....and a hit to my bottom line and year-end variable compensation.
tavallyjustice

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:18:24 AM

They messaged me personally and rectified the issue, giving me some extra bitcoins as well. I absolutely take back my earlier comments about not using the service anymore, and highly recommend BitInstant. Thanks guys! Sorry for how stressful this must have been
rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:19:41 AM

How many posts does it take to PM? Or is it length of time? I really need to get this BTC to Mt.Gox but damned if this forums isn't making it hard to do.
rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:27:55 AM

Ok, got a PM sent out to you Yankee. Any help I can get would be great.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 02:28:31 AM

Just sent a PM. I'm sorry that you guys are dealing  with this nonsense. I can only imagine how stressful it must be. Hope you get a good night's rest when all is done! Bitinstant has definitely been the most reliable bitcoin website I've tried thus far; I have full faith in its management. I understand why others are getting frustrated, but things happen.

Thanks for your kind words!

Your order was processed!

I tried PMing you all the info I have Yankee but since I just opened this account I can't PM you. I can email whatever you need.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Feel free to post the Order ID here.

Thanks

Everything Charlie says about my transaction is true.  I just received the BTC.  And he compensated me the extra 5 BTC, as he stated.  I finally received that the BTC a few minutes ago......~24 hours after I paid the USD, but he certainly did compensate me the 5 BTC.  Much appreciated.

However, I disagree that what I have posted is "spreading negative things about" them.  It is just the facts.  I think BitInstant needs more controls and resources.  It just can't be acceptable to tell customers that things are "out of our control".  Customers simply don't care.  It's real money.  This is business.  Big whoop that you do $3M USD per month.  You are lucky to have no/few competitors right now.

The facts?

This is what you wrote:

making sure that everyone knows that BitInstant is a complete joke.  You have failed miserably as co-founder and CEO.  Whatever money you get from scamming everyone won't last long enough to make up for your ruined reputation.

I think your right, and we do need more control and resources.

Again, you don't know much about us, but we have grown over the year with more staff, less mistakes and downtime.

Of course customers care, customers want to know everything thats going on. We posted updates as they happend.

Another mistake. We have plenty of competition here, and we make the least mistakes out of all of them.

I work for a global Fortune 50 company.  We would be hammered in the press if we allowed something like this to happen.  Charlie claims that he answered every email and PM.  Maybe so.  But it was a form email response (I know because he sent the same reply to two different help requests I made).  And I would contend that he & his team need to be even more responsive.  Again, I think they are understaffed.

Working for a fortune 50 company and being the founder of a startup are totally different things, please don't compare.

We have thousands of emails to respond to, why would we sit and spend hours writing individual responses when they answer is the same "Sorry for the issue, were working on it and will update you soon" All fortune 50 companies do the same thing.

As mentioned above, if I made this mistake at work, I would see a big revenue/profit hit.....and a hit to my bottom line and year-end variable compensation.

This mistake was not made by anyone in our company as I've explained before. Cloudfare was blocking all 'orders paid' messages from Moneygram overnight. We had to fix it on our end, and they fix it on theirs.

I've spent more time then needed responding to your comments, which I agree to some degree with.

However, most of your comments were out of panic and frustration thinking were a scam.

Thanks

Ok, got a PM sent out to you Yankee. Any help I can get would be great.

Checking it out now!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

jonniebegood

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:31:37 AM

Hell yessss!!! transaction processed!  Thanks yankee I understand shit happens.  You're all good in my book!
rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:31:52 AM

Yankee,

I can't find an order ID number. My payment was made via Debit card at a Wal-Mart location using MoneyGram. I have a reference number on my receipt from Wally world but no order number. I PMed you all the info I have including pictures of my receipts from both ZipZap and Wal-Mart.
SnuggleBear

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:32:12 AM

Yankee I PMed you all of my info earlier, I just don't have the Quote ID =[, should have saved that before I went out and sent the moneygram, but I gave you all the other info I have, which should be enough.

I'll update this post when the issue is resolved so that everyone knows you guys are doing a great job!
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 02:36:26 AM

Yankee I PMed you all of my info earlier, I just don't have the Quote ID =[, should have saved that before I went out and sent the moneygram, but I gave you all the other info I have, which should be enough.

I'll update this post when the issue is resolved so that everyone knows you guys are doing a great job!

Hey, I responded to your PM. I just need 1 piece of info.

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks Charlie. The order # I processed has went through, but with all the associated fees that would come with the 1 hour guarantee. You can send my refund to this address: 1EJTQ2FSGKPDjaiRwCern8JRVqqweKqvrf

However, my $500 order, which I only have the zipzap order # for is still unprocessed. I asked if support could help me get my order # or help find and process my order. This is what I got back...

Hey, I just need your ZipZap Account # you deposited to.

Thanks

rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:44:00 AM

I sent a PM to you charlie with the account number deposited to and my mt.gox account number.
SnuggleBear

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:50:27 AM

Charlie got me taken care of!
Thanks BitInstant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: