Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495949 times)
cosmicboy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

"You know what would be really cool?  If we weren't left on our own in their official support thread to speculate why it went down and when it will be going back up (if ever).  Like maybe a couple of sentences in here from the Bitinstant guys would relieve most of anxiety on the part of those that depend on this feature.  Just a thought."

Agreed on this....they should be posting either here or on their blog what is going on. In the meantime I found another moneygram->bitoin service: http://ziggap.com only I looked today and their moneygram option is down.....they weren't using a service like zipzap.....you could either moneygram or western union money straight to them..today they just have a chase deposit option up, but I prefer bank deposits actually...

-cb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 03:42:39 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2013, 05:15:53 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

"You know what would be really cool?  If we weren't left on our own in their official support thread to speculate why it went down and when it will be going back up (if ever).  Like maybe a couple of sentences in here from the Bitinstant guys would relieve most of anxiety on the part of those that depend on this feature.  Just a thought."

Agreed on this....they should be posting either here or on their blog what is going on. In the meantime I found another moneygram->bitoin service: http://ziggap.com only I looked today and their moneygram option is down.....they weren't using a service like zipzap.....you could either moneygram or western union money straight to them..today they just have a chase deposit option up, but I prefer bank deposits actually...

-cb

Hey Everyone,

Im sorry you have to read thru the threads to see an update.

UPDATE: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18r5hi/update_on_weekend_bitinstant_transactions/

Charlie

P.S. We wary of ziggap. Besides for the obvious knockoff of our name, using a company thats not legally sound puts your data, privacy, and security at risk.
EDIT: Sorry, I made a mistake. Ziggap is not a scam, I confused them with someone else.

I recommend using FastCash4Bitcoins, Coinbase, or others in the meantime.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ZIGGAP

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2013, 04:12:47 PM by ZIGGAP

"You know what would be really cool?  If we weren't left on our own in their official support thread to speculate why it went down and when it will be going back up (if ever).  Like maybe a couple of sentences in here from the Bitinstant guys would relieve most of anxiety on the part of those that depend on this feature.  Just a thought."

-cb

Hey Everyone,

UPDATE: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18r5hi/update_on_weekend_bitinstant_transactions/

Charlie

P.S. We wary of ziggap. Besides for the obvious knockoff of our name, using a company thats not legally sound puts your data, privacy, and security at risk.

Please see our privacy policy. Your data and privacy are absolutely safe with us. Under no circumstances do we ever release your data to anyone except if ever required by law.

Not only that but we're extremely dedicated to customer support. Not only do we respond to support tickets usually within the hour - if that's not fast enough for you we have a phone number available for immediate support.

Right now those payment options are disabled, but they will be being re-enabled within the next couple of days.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:16:15 PM

-cb

Hey Everyone,

Charlie

Please see our privacy policy. Your data and privacy are absolutely safe with us. Under no circumstances do we ever release your data to anyone except if ever required by law.

I'd love to sit down with you guys, have some coffee and discuss business development and partnering.

However, know one knows who you are. You could be FBI for all we know!

I'm sure many of us would love for a real name, and some real transparency about your company.

I didn't call you a scam, I'm just wary of using a company and giving them my personal data, when such company won't give up their own personal data

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

glistme

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:20:37 PM

"You know what would be really cool?  If we weren't left on our own in their official support thread to speculate why it went down and when it will be going back up (if ever).  Like maybe a couple of sentences in here from the Bitinstant guys would relieve most of anxiety on the part of those that depend on this feature.  Just a thought."

-cb

Hey Everyone,

Charlie

Thanks for the update. Do you know or have a good idea of when our transactions made this weekend will be completed? I did my transaction just yesterday
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:24:42 PM

Why are you scared to buy coins from the FBI? What are you doing that they would find not so happy?

They should change their name from Federal Bureau of Investigation to Fun Bitcoin Industries  Grin

Thanks for the update. Do you know or have a good idea of when our transactions made this weekend will be completed? I did my transaction just yesterday

Yup, we should start processing them early evening!

ZIGGAP

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:26:16 PM

What's wrong with buying coins from the FBI?  Wink

That sounds like a good idea to me as we both have the same end goals in mind. There's no point in working against each other if we can work with each other towards getting more people and money into the Bitcoin economy.

Feel free to send me a PM to discuss the specifics.

glistme

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:29:06 PM

Thanks. I was getting worried
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:30:55 PM

What's wrong with buying coins from the FBI?  Wink

That sounds like a good idea to me as we both have the same end goals in mind. There's no point in working against each other if we can work with each other towards getting more people and money into the Bitcoin economy.

Feel free to send me a PM to discuss the specifics.

Agreed.

You can see I recommended my competitors in an earlier thread. We all decided that its better to work together and build the pie rather fighting over the small slices we have now.

Why are you scared to buy coins from the FBI? What are you doing that they would find not so happy?

They should change their name from Federal Bureau of Investigation to Fun Bitcoin Industries  Grin

Yup, we should start processing them early evening!

So you admit you are trying to avoid buying coins from the FBI? I just do not get it? What are you doing that is illegal? Why would you even refuse to work with some one cuz you thought they might be the FBI?

Which FBI we talking about here ? Federal Bureau of Investigation or Fun Bitcoin Industries ?

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:32:59 PM

What FBI are you talking about. You are the one who brought them up.

Federal Breast Inspectors!

ZIGGAP

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:35:22 PM

why will you not buy coins from the Federal Breast Inspectors?

I'd buy coins from Federal Breast Inspectors.. Especially from from them.

Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:38:44 PM

Your website is down? DDoS again?

I think having a somewhat static file / not-very-hackable and low-bandwidth status.bitinstant.com server somewhere behind a DDoS mitigation appliance or provided-service would be a good idea (or at least something that's not on the same server and IP as the main website).

We could all just go there and find out what is down, why it's down, and what is the estimated time of arrival. I think that would cut down on having to post on Reddit, here, and random places... all the places aside from where it really should all be at.

CloudFlare shouldn't be too expensive. Or any number of services - https://www.google.com/search?q=DDoS+mitagation

You're going to have to eventually.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:47:05 PM

I think he is drunk ranting about breast Inspections and all. No CEO would do this sober. I hope he has some coffee and and gets a grip...

I'm going to bed, I hope he has recovered when I wake up.

Goat, Im trolling your trolling. Don't get angry when someone else trolls you.

Don't get mad, get glad  Grin

why will you not buy coins from the Federal Breast Inspectors?

I'd buy coins from Federal Breast Inspectors.. Especially from from them.

As would I!

Your website is down? DDoS again?

I think having a somewhat static file / not-very-hackable and low-bandwidth status.bitinstant.com server somewhere behind a DDoS mitigation appliance or provided-service would be a good idea (or at least something that's not on the same server and IP as the main website).

We could all just go there and find out what is down, why it's down, and what is the estimated time of arrival. I think that would cut down on having to post on Reddit, here, and random places... all the places aside from where it really should all be at.

CloudFlare shouldn't be too expensive. Or any number of services - https://www.google.com/search?q=DDoS+mitagation

You're going to have to eventually.

Hey,

No, our site is not down. Please read the update: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18r5hi/update_on_weekend_bitinstant_transactions/

We already use cloudfare, but they suck as well. Their SSL issue a few weeks ago caused us 24 hours of downtime until they apologized and fixed it. We're moving to a much larger and industrial company.

I agree with the status site idea.

Charlie

Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2013, 05:13:24 PM by Nuro77

Goat, why is your "ignore" link (on your posts) highlighted? No one else's is. Just wondering.
MnAttny

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 07:47:15 PM

Ask me a week ago and I would have had nothing but nice things to say about bitinstant.  A couple of days ago, however, I made a transfer to MT GOX with one of my account numbers switched.  I caught it within ten minutes and bitinstant was quick to reply that I needed to contact MT GOX and have it frozen.  MT GOX acted quickly and froze the transfer and said:

"Hello,

Thank you for the email. I have disabled the withdrawals for the incorrect account. Can you please contact bitinstant and request them to re-route the funds to the right account.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team"

I immediately informed the bitinstant folks, who promptly have proceeded to ignore me.  I even started another "live" chate four hours ago and have gotten no response.  This is very frustrating as MT GOX indicated it would take minimal effort for bitinstant to fix this problem and now they refuse to even give me an update.  I know this was my fault for mixing things up, but I like to be informed when I request information.  Huh
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 07:59:14 PM

I immediately informed the bitinstant folks, who promptly have proceeded to ignore me.  I even started another "live" chate four hours ago and have gotten no response.  This is very frustrating as MT GOX indicated it would take minimal effort for bitinstant to fix this problem and now they refuse to even give me an update.  I know this was my fault for mixing things up, but I like to be informed when I request information.  Huh

Hey, no one is ignoring you. There is a process to get these funds back for you, and unfortunately it can take longer then any of us would like.

MnAttny

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 07:17:28 PM by MnAttny

Hey, no one is ignoring you. There is a process to get these funds back for you, and unfortunately it can take longer then any of us would like.

I got an almost instant response after my previous post.  Only downside is support said they had no real idea or ETA as to how long it would take to get my funds back into my account.

Boot9135

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

Anyone have any idea how long it will be until cash deposits to bitcoin addresses comes back online?
johnnyblaze

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:59:25 PM

Hello,

I made 2 transactions for the same amount (303.95$) today at a CVS store.
The first transaction went through fine, but the second one had some issues
where the system thought it was a duplicate transaction and would not
process it because the information was the exact same in both transactions.
The MoneyGram representative told me to change something about my
information in the second transaction so that it could be processed. We
attempted to process my second transaction with my middle initial added to
it, and it went through fine and I received a reference number for both. I
also received a ZipZap payment processing e-mail for both afterwards.

When I checked my MtGox account, I only have the funds for the first
transaction and not the second one. I got a BitInstant
confirmation e-mail as well for the first transaction, but not the second. Thus I have concluded that the problem is on the
BitInstant end of things.

Could this be because I changed my name
for the second transaction? I appreciate any help with this because I am
eager to receive my funds so that I can pay my bills promptly.

Here is the information about the transactions:

1. 303.95$
John Blaze
Receive code: 9611
Account number: 622038503
MtGox account: *273257*

I received the funds for this transaction

2. 303.95$
John A Blaze
Receive code: 9611
Account number: 350963831
MtGox account: *273257*

I did not receive these funds.

I have already talked to MtGox and they have not received the second transaction yet. They informed me to contact BitInstant support.
mchang

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:32:33 AM

They processed my transaction (rejected by dwolla last week) and even gave me free bitcoins to compensate me for the delay. If your transaction got rejected, don't panic: these guys are running a real business and care about their customers. I have a feeling as long as they are in business (hopefully for a long time) they will take care of their customers. On another note, how does one pursue a career as a federal boob inspector? Am strongly considering a career change  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: