Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495944 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 02:53:29 AM

I sent a PM to you charlie with the account number deposited to and my mt.gox account number.

Processed!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xgambit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:55:25 AM

Damn, seems like charlie is hookin everyone up and helping them with their issues except me. PMd you and everything dude
johnwayne33

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:56:12 AM

I was a little worried because this was the first time I've used Bitinstant but Charlie made everything right.  Hopefully nothing like this happens in the future.
Calicriz

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:56:33 AM

Hey Charlie,

I tried to send you a PM, but was unable to for some reason.  Not authorized to do so i guess.  Not sure.  Regardless, we've exchanged a number of emails but I've yet to have my funds sent to my BTC address provided.  I was hoping that this route may be quicker.  My Quote ID for the order in question is: 2bf31656-2db9-43e5-a5ff-ee696db1240c.  I'd love to be able to have the funds in my BTC Wallet tonight, as it has been over 24 hours now since I made the transaction to begin with.  Please lemme know if there's anything else on my end you may need to expedite this situation.  
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 02:58:36 AM

Damn, seems like charlie is hookin everyone up and helping them with their issues except me. PMd you and everything dude

Hey, I responded twice to you. I already processed it!

My Quote ID for the order in question is: 2bf31656-2db9-43e5-a5ff-ee696db1240c.  I'd love to be able to have the funds in my BTC Wallet tonight, as it has been over 24 hours now since I made the transaction to begin with.  Please lemme know if there's anything else on my end you may need to expedite this situation. 

Processed! Sorry for the delay.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

elsipe

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:11:00 AM

Just sent a PM. I'm sorry that you guys are dealing  with this nonsense. I can only imagine how stressful it must be. Hope you get a good night's rest when all is done! Bitinstant has definitely been the most reliable bitcoin website I've tried thus far; I have full faith in its management. I understand why others are getting frustrated, but things happen.

Thanks for your kind words!

Your order was processed!

I tried PMing you all the info I have Yankee but since I just opened this account I can't PM you. I can email whatever you need.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Feel free to post the Order ID here.

Thanks

Everything Charlie says about my transaction is true.  I just received the BTC.  And he compensated me the extra 5 BTC, as he stated.  I finally received that the BTC a few minutes ago......~24 hours after I paid the USD, but he certainly did compensate me the 5 BTC.  Much appreciated.

However, I disagree that what I have posted is "spreading negative things about" them.  It is just the facts.  I think BitInstant needs more controls and resources.  It just can't be acceptable to tell customers that things are "out of our control".  Customers simply don't care.  It's real money.  This is business.  Big whoop that you do $3M USD per month.  You are lucky to have no/few competitors right now.

The facts?

This is what you wrote:

making sure that everyone knows that BitInstant is a complete joke.  You have failed miserably as co-founder and CEO.  Whatever money you get from scamming everyone won't last long enough to make up for your ruined reputation.

I think your right, and we do need more control and resources.

Again, you don't know much about us, but we have grown over the year with more staff, less mistakes and downtime.

Of course customers care, customers want to know everything thats going on. We posted updates as they happend.

Another mistake. We have plenty of competition here, and we make the least mistakes out of all of them.

I work for a global Fortune 50 company.  We would be hammered in the press if we allowed something like this to happen.  Charlie claims that he answered every email and PM.  Maybe so.  But it was a form email response (I know because he sent the same reply to two different help requests I made).  And I would contend that he & his team need to be even more responsive.  Again, I think they are understaffed.

Working for a fortune 50 company and being the founder of a startup are totally different things, please don't compare.

We have thousands of emails to respond to, why would we sit and spend hours writing individual responses when they answer is the same "Sorry for the issue, were working on it and will update you soon" All fortune 50 companies do the same thing.

As mentioned above, if I made this mistake at work, I would see a big revenue/profit hit.....and a hit to my bottom line and year-end variable compensation.

This mistake was not made by anyone in our company as I've explained before. Cloudfare was blocking all 'orders paid' messages from Moneygram overnight. We had to fix it on our end, and they fix it on theirs.

I've spent more time then needed responding to your comments, which I agree to some degree with.

However, most of your comments were out of panic and frustration thinking were a scam.

Thanks

Ok, got a PM sent out to you Yankee. Any help I can get would be great.

Checking it out now!

Charlie - Keep up the good work.  Running a business is not easy.  I fully understand that.

Arguing with customers is never a good idea.  Never.  I said some very inflammatory things.  Things that ticked you off, I'm sure.  Challenging your capabilities as CEO/Founder.  But believe me when I say I am among the most patient and understanding of customers you will come across.  I seldom complain....in-person or online.  But this situation set me off.  You have made promises on your website that you are (were) not keeping.  On top of that, there was simply no way to understand the status of our transactions.....your site was always saying "loading" when checking the status.....and you were sending "form" emails.  This is serious stuff.  Customers should be expected to have little-to-no patience with this.  No matter if it's New Year's or Christmas or the end of the world.  I want to respect you, but for you to be surprised by my response tells me that you might be a bit naive.  24 hours to resolve this was entirely too long.

I want to support you and you are somewhat apologetic at some points in your last post, but for some reason, you still want to argue with me (me = a customer.....someone who could refer you to others, use you again in the future, etc.....or not).  Blaming it on someone else (....mistake not made by anyone in our company.....).  Saying I am new to the scene.  Talking down to me about where I work (whether I work at a big company currently doesn't tell you whether I have tried entrepreneurial ventures in the past or will in the future.....so don't assume I don't get it).  Making excuses for not answering "thousands of emails".....guess what, Boss....you better find a way to talk with all your customers.  Real-time.  Customers expect a certain level of service.  And you are catering to ppl around the world....24/7.  Your "live chat" was a joke....just sending my "chat" to your email.  And nothing was posted on your Facebook or Twitter accts that I could find.

I suggest you focus less on arguing with customers & more on satisfying them.  Comments like "Another mistake" just totally piss ppl off.  I can get behind you if you keep doing the stuff you are doing in terms of taking care of this problem.  I think it's a great customer service initiative to give out some extra BTC for these troubles.  I think it's a horrible customer service idea to fight with me in forums.
hellothere88844

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:14:21 AM

Charlie took care of my orders and got me a refund. Thank you Charlie for everything. Wish you a great New Year. Thank you.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 03:23:31 AM

Charlie took care of my orders and got me a refund. Thank you Charlie for everything. Wish you a great New Year. Thank you.

So sweet  Grin Thanks!

I think it's a horrible customer service idea to fight with me in forums.

Hey,

No one is arguing with you, I'm simply responding as I've always promised to respond to every customer. I need to point out fallacies so others don't believe some of the things that have been said.

At the end of the day it comes down to this:

We had an issue, we responded to everyone including you every single time. The form email was a simple status update so no one would be kept in the dark.
It would take us the same amount of time to either respond to everyone individually (telling them were working on it) or we could actually be coding and fixing the problem. I think the obvious decision is obvious.

You were never kept in the dark, however out of everyone, you said the nastiest things to us and persisted to act in a very unkind manner. My team is very hurt by how you acted towards us since we spent all of 2 days resolving this issue. I don't take these things personally as I understand this is alot of money, and I've been on the front responding nicely to you, especially after the hurtful things you said to me. Again, this is business and I won't take it personally.

You think 24 hours is to long, so do I, however most of that time was spent waiting for Cloudfare to fix it on their end, which was out of our control. I had their senior engineer working on a holiday Sunday. Unheard of.

We sent you extra BTC to cover your losses and always helped you along the way.

Overall I think we handled this extremely well. We dealt with hundreds of customers (and still are) at the same time coordinating an awesome response team while the developers were working around the clock to resolve it. Everyones orders are being processed before the start of the week, and we are paying everyones refunds and fees. It seems like you are the only one still debating me on this, I'm not sure why.

We want you to remain a happy customer. I'd love to hear more of your suggestions, please PM me or email me.

Your ideas are awesome, don't get me wrong, but let's not get off topic in this support thread.

I'd also be glad to schedule a phone call with you!

Thanks

Charlie

ImNotHerb

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:42:04 AM

This may be a stupid question, but here goes:

My printer is broken. Can I still buy bitcoins from BitInstant via CVS by I writing down the info (or take a screenshot on my cell phone?) and take that to CVS to complete the purchase? Or do I absolutely have to PRINT the information/receipt in order to do the transaction?
rxforyour7

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:43:11 AM

Listen up,

I had been waiting over 24 hours for my BTC to clear to Mt.Gox and had given up all hope until Google brought me here. I PMed Yankee all my information, as much as I had, as quickly as I could. Yankee responded very quickly and got my BTC into my account in less than 2 hours.

It's the weekend, it's a long weekend and something went wrong with something out of his control. Yet, here he is at nearly 22:00 CST solving peoples problems. This is not a scam, this is not a trust issue. What it happens to be is an issue ALL electronic currency movement has in common, SHIT HAPPENS.

Give the guy a break, he did me straight and I will continue to use this BitInstant because it is very convenient for me. This is the 4th or 5th time I've used them for deposit and if anything you'll have more issues with MoneyGram or ZipZap than you will BI.

TLDR; It's a long weekend, it wasn't his fault, he's fixing them in real time, give him break.

Thanks again Yankee,

Ben
rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:43:59 AM

My printer is broken. Can I still buy bitcoins from BitInstant via CVS by I writing down the info (or take a screenshot on my cell phone?) and take that to CVS to complete the purchase? Or do I absolutely have to PRINT the information/receipt in order to do the transaction?

Yes you can Herb, I've done it myself both methods.
ImNotHerb

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:50:37 AM

Sweet! Thanks man Smiley
tacobell

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:05:35 AM

Yankee my coin from the transaction you said you processed is still not there... i made 2 more deposits tonight. one for 498.95 and another 503.95.
The 498.95 was posted in my blockchain wallet by the time i got home(2hrs)  BOTH of the 503.95 payments still have not cleared even though i received the 498.95.
here are the two that havent posted to the wallet... you can check the wallet on blockchain and it only shows the one transaction still
OrderID: fe2e8df5-8167-4b35-aac8-cc7f1289f985
EventID: b4872001-9fd0-4a23-9fcc-d927bc6eb4fb

OrderID: 20e87f1d-57a6-46fa-b138-c540f6e26907
EventID: 30cdf2c7-f6b5-47c1-a7a2-bb354d2632b3

im not upset as ive never had a problem with you folks before with multiple 1000.'s transferred but id like both in my wallet in a timely manner:)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 04:07:27 AM

Yankee my coin from the transaction you said you processed is still not there... i made 2 more deposits tonight. one for 498.95 and another 503.95.
The 498.95 was posted in my blockchain wallet by the time i got home(2hrs)  BOTH of the 503.95 payments still have not cleared even though i received the 498.95.
here are the two that havent posted to the wallet... you can check the wallet on blockchain and it only shows the one transaction still

im not upset as ive never had a problem with you folks before with multiple 1000.'s transferred but id like both in my wallet in a timely manner:)

Hey,

No worries, I just processed both, give it an hour or so to show up in the blockchain.

Thanks for your patience!

Charlie

alexrow

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:33:15 AM

Yankee,

I am glad to hear that you guys are working hard to have this resolved.

I am also having a problem with an order placed Saturday evening. I also did not receive an email from bitinstant with my order information. I do have the ZipZap account number and the Walmart receipt. I appreciate you looking into this. Let me know if you need anything else.
rxforyour7

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:41:46 AM

Sweet! Thanks man Smiley

NP man.

/\ ()()()/\                  (^)
      /  \_\_\_\__\              {(o)}
      \  /\            \              \O/
       \/::\  acme   \              v
        \:::\ matches\           ,---@
         \:::\             \          | . |_
          \:::\             \         |____7
           \:::\________\        |    |
            \::/             /        |    |
             \/________/          |    |
                                       |    |
                                       |    |
elsipe

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:45:02 AM

So sweet  Grin Thanks!

I think it's a horrible customer service idea to fight with me in forums.

Hey,

No one is arguing with you, I'm simply responding as I've always promised to respond to every customer. I need to point out fallacies so others don't believe some of the things that have been said.

At the end of the day it comes down to this:

We had an issue, we responded to everyone including you every single time. The form email was a simple status update so no one would be kept in the dark.
It would take us the same amount of time to either respond to everyone individually (telling them were working on it) or we could actually be coding and fixing the problem. I think the obvious decision is obvious.

You were never kept in the dark, however out of everyone, you said the nastiest things to us and persisted to act in a very unkind manner. My team is very hurt by how you acted towards us since we spent all of 2 days resolving this issue. I don't take these things personally as I understand this is alot of money, and I've been on the front responding nicely to you, especially after the hurtful things you said to me. Again, this is business and I won't take it personally.

You think 24 hours is to long, so do I, however most of that time was spent waiting for Cloudfare to fix it on their end, which was out of our control. I had their senior engineer working on a holiday Sunday. Unheard of.

We sent you extra BTC to cover your losses and always helped you along the way.

Overall I think we handled this extremely well. We dealt with hundreds of customers (and still are) at the same time coordinating an awesome response team while the developers were working around the clock to resolve it. Everyones orders are being processed before the start of the week, and we are paying everyones refunds and fees. It seems like you are the only one still debating me on this, I'm not sure why.

We want you to remain a happy customer. I'd love to hear more of your suggestions, please PM me or email me.

Your ideas are awesome, don't get me wrong, but let's not get off topic in this support thread.

I'd also be glad to schedule a phone call with you!

Thanks

Charlie

Awesome reply, Charlie.  You're winning me over.

Several of my posts were probably immature and made in haste.  However, in my defense, I think those kinds of emotional posts should give us all an idea of how customers honestly feel and how they can respond in this kind of situation.  My comments may have been immature and overly direct, but probably not totally irrational.

I've had a lot of hurtful things said to me during my (not short) career.  Even though they hurt me at first, they are usually helpful to me at the end of the day.  And I know it's a cliche, but those kinds of comments usually help a lot more than all the compliments that people can pour on you.  Compliments feel good, but are seldom helpful in terms of long-term improvement....they are just good for short-term "feel good" moments.

Thanks to you & your team for working non-stop to fix this issue!  Much appreciated!  This level of dedication should give some idea to all current & potential future customers about the level of professionalism and care that BitInstant has for their customers.  Best wishes for continued success!

Like you said, let's get to back to purpose of this threed...support!
deivoxcarnal

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 06:16:24 AM

I'm still waiting for my transaction to process.
I didn't save my Quote ID, all I have is the confirmation e-mail with my account number.
I PM'ed Yankee with my account number. Hopefully I'll have an e-mail with my BTC tomorrow.
I'm sure they'll take care of it, and I think that refunding the transaction fees is a fair way to make up for the inconvenience of waiting more than a day.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:11:39 PM

I'm still waiting for my transaction to process.
I didn't save my Quote ID, all I have is the confirmation e-mail with my account number.
I PM'ed Yankee with my account number. Hopefully I'll have an e-mail with my BTC tomorrow.
I'm sure they'll take care of it, and I think that refunding the transaction fees is a fair way to make up for the inconvenience of waiting more than a day.

Processed!

tacobell

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:35:57 PM

Re: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)
Today at 04:07:27 AM

Reply with quote  #234
Quote from: tacobell on Today at 04:05:35 AM

Hey,

No worries, I just processed both, give it an hour or so to show up in the blockchain.

Thanks for your patience!

Charlie

ITS STILL NOT THERE....NEITHER OF THEM. COME ON!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: