Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:48:51 PM

So, team is made of 8 people, and noone is able to build a gui wallet?
They need to assume other people?

i mean, 8 people working 12 hours on theyr coin daily, they should release 2-3 features every day.

Am i  wrong?
Just asking.

I dont' know how is woking, but normally, dev's that are able to make a coin shouldn't be able also to build wallet?
Or gui wallet are made with another language and currently dev doesn't know how to programm in c++ or go?

I don't know the exact situation but they already had a GUI wallet for there btc related project and they are porting it to decred so it will be out in a day or 2 as has been said. There is lot more to do then just coding to release a coin. I am sure they are not sleeping in there beds. I am my self a bit disappointed that  some things were not ready at release but i am still confident that the project is well thought out and will work if community does it part by engaging in selecting feature & voting on contentious issues. Its not solely dependent on devs but it is dependent on community participation. Devs can come and go but we have funding to hire anyone if we can decide what features/direction we want.

c0 devs work how many years on this bs coin and no decent wallet at launch?
c0 devs get 840,000 decred at launch for work done, but provide no usability?
Now pay for a wallet out of "development fund"?

Wow. great developments. A usable wallet, really ground breaking.

Oh well. We all love anonymous F_ingsoc. the wise old bird.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:50:48 PM

Anyone know how much I could mine per day with a R9 290X?

3 more or less
That's why price now is ridicolous, even with free electricity.

I suggest you to mine eth for much profit, or at least mine eth, sell and buy decred. It's much more profitable than just mine dcr directly, since blake 256 is a very old algo(from 2013), and your gpu will heat a lot compared to eth algo that is more efficently for your gpu.

Ground breaking decred strikes again.
Tech from 2013?

way to go.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 05:54:32 PM

3 more or less

I suggest you to mine eth for much profit, or at least mine eth, sell and buy decred. It's much more profitable than just mine dcr directly, since blake 256 is a very old algo(from 2013), and your gpu will heat a lot compared to eth algo that is more efficently for your gpu.

Tech from 2013?

way to go.

So much butthurt in this post. 

Just so you know, it is more profitable to mine DCR than ETH right now.  Do your own research rather than listening to these uneducated trolls.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:54:36 PM

I don't know the exact situation but they already had a GUI wallet for there btc related project and they are porting it to decred so it will be out in a day or 2 as has been said.

That's great, I didn't know they already had something ... should be soon then.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:04:14 PM

If I may contribute with some criticism:
The initial sponsor (c0) got a certain number of coins rewarded for the bring up work. These coins were valuated at much less than the current exchange rate. In practice, this then means that (on paper), the initial work was paid at a much higher rate than initially estimated.
Adding to this, there are just a handful of mined coins available at this stage, causing a rather obvious valuation bubble (to me, though I understand that others might disagree).

With the above in mind:
I'd ask c0 to place some funds on the market. No dumping is necessary, but some gradual sell orders would allow others to buy in, without further inflating the price at such an early stage. In my view, holding on to the entire sponsor premine for a good while, stands to hurt this project in the long term, while in contrast, putting some of those funds on the market, facilitates a more balanced distribution window for those entering just now.

Current scarcity is influenced by what c0 holds, as much as all of the airdrop participants combined.
Think about it for a moment. Then place your orders.

Note: This post might drive some mixed reactions, so I guess I should state again: I'm locked in with all of my airdrop coins for voting, along with a couple blocks I managed to scoop after launch. I firmly believe that this project has some substantial technical merit to begin with, and so I hope it evolves to greater adoption and many future achievements. Cheers!

/queue in the p&d'ers and troll responses...

rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:05:18 PM

3 more or less

Tech from 2013?

way to go.

So much butthurt in this post. 

Just so you know, it is more profitable to mine DCR than ETH right now.  Do your own research rather than listening to these uneducated trolls.

Oh sorry. I should play along with this bs.

I love decred it is best.
decred is much better than bitcoin, cos it was premined by anonymous F_ingsoc.
I love how much work anonymous F_ingsoc does out of the goodness of her little birdy heart.

decred to the mooooooan.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 06:08:34 PM

What is your point? the troll says devs fund is 0 while it has $6920.18 in it at current DCR price in a week.

If you are saying that they are taking too much then they are not taking it all as salaries rather they will be paid from this fund when they complete features otherwise its just sitting there for future work done on coin. Also it is not only for Company 0 or current devs, it will be used to pay whoever is ready to do work on feature proposed via RFPs & voted on by the coin holders. That is at the very core of what makes this coin different from every other coin. Community vote on features & payment from the coin subsidy, those are the 2 biggest innovation of this coin. Rest of the features come in future as decided by community. If you don't like this idea then this coin is not for you.

"different from every other coin"

"those are the 2 biggest innovation of this coin"

I don't see significant difference compared to BitShares or Nushares...

https://bitshares.org/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

https://nubits.com/nushares/voting-mechanics

But, of course, I don't mind being proven wrong.

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:08:46 PM

I hope the price will rise (and market volume) after the GUI release.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:11:56 PM

What is your point? the troll says devs fund is 0 while it has $6920.18 in it at current DCR price in a week.

If you are saying that they are taking too much then they are not taking it all as salaries rather they will be paid from this fund when they complete features otherwise its just sitting there for future work done on coin. Also it is not only for Company 0 or current devs, it will be used to pay whoever is ready to do work on feature proposed via RFPs & voted on by the coin holders. That is at the very core of what makes this coin different from every other coin. Community vote on features & payment from the coin subsidy, those are the 2 biggest innovation of this coin. Rest of the features come in future as decided by community. If you don't like this idea then this coin is not for you.

Bryce Weiner working on this or just his jackass buddies? lol :-)

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:15:51 PM

LLC funds currently estimate 1,300,000.0000000000+ coins pre-mine initial block reward was 5OOO!!! LOL

You really want the price to go down, don't you? lol fair enough. I hope people do their own research instead of dumping into your orders.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:21:12 PM

If I may contribute with some criticism:
The initial sponsor (c0) got a certain number of coins rewarded for the bring up work. These coins were valuated at much less than the current exchange rate. In practice, this then means that (on paper), the initial work was paid at a much higher rate than initially estimated.

This was questioned by me pre-launch.
c0 paying themselves at a rate less than could sustain this project. (in effect doubling their payment)

I was ignored by anonymous F_ingsoc. Of course.
This is all set up to pay c0, (beyondtext) nothing more. my opinion.

If they sell now with your blessing they still get 2x disclosed $ payment. (+ free PoS worth another $450,000+ this year on that payment)

Unjustified, but totally predicted over payments to c0.

We've all seen this bs before haven't we?
I know I have.

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:22:28 PM

LLC funds currently estimate 1,300,000.0000000000+ coins pre-mine initial block reward was 5OOO!!! LOL

You really want the price to go down, don't you? lol fair enough. I hope people do their own research instead of dumping into your orders.

1,300,000+ minted in less than ONE MINUTE .... keep it real ;-) lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Flomess

Activity: 705

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:24:26 PM

c0 paying themselves at a rate less than could sustain this project. (in effect doubling their payment)

If they sell now with your blessing they still get 2x disclosed $ payment. (+ free PoS worth another $450,000+ this year on that payment)

I know I have.
Yeah, because they could sell all their coins at current market price and it won't effect the market at all.
Keep the criticism up, i like some cheap coins too, but don't be THIS ridiculous.

1,300,000+ minted in less than ONE MINUTE .... keep it real ;-) lol
Actually even more; 860k for the airdrop (4%) and 860k for them (4%) !!!
OMG what we gonna do now!!
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:36:28 PM

I know I have.
Yeah, because they could sell all their coins at current market price and it won't effect the market at all.
Keep the criticism up, i like some cheap coins too, but don't be THIS ridiculous.

I dont/didnt suggest c0 sell their coin, I replied to someone else who did, if you read, which you probably dont.

I suggested c0 take LESS PREMINE for themselves. (I suggested that pre-launch)
I am just saying I am already being proven correct on my interpretation of Beyondtext/anonymous F_ingsoc pre-mine figures.
An interpretation that would be beyond your comprehension I suspect.

c0 were too gready.
Makes this the next scam coin i'm sorry to tell ya.

sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:44:55 PM

Well Nubits are solving a totally different problem of volatility & they are PoS only. Also they are controlling the supply rather than fixing it.

Bitshares are using n/w fee to fund the project alongside a much bigger premine. At least decred has 50-50 share of premine between community & devs.

both are interesting project. Thanks for sharing the info. I stand corrected that those aren't novel features but not exactly a copy of those coins. Still i will support this project as i believe in what this coin is doing.

If anyone is not happy with what decred provides then they have great alternatives. Maybe devs can tell you how decred is different. Also there are other feature i didn't mention so you can read the ann to see them.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:51:19 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 07:08:00 PM by rizzlarolla

FYI Flomess,

I should be the first rewarded from the dev fund for my work publicising the importance of a block explorer at launch.
It wasn't going to happen, but anonymous F_ingsoc had a change of heart, after reading my posts.
(never acknowledged)

And I should be rewarded for pushing the importance of a PoS pool at launch, now being worked on. (for free by c0? or paid from dev pool?)
That wasn't going to happen either, but anonymous F _ingsoc had a change of heart, after reading my posts.
(never acknowledged)

Not only never acknowledged, but ignored by F _ingsoc. Who takes the cred herself!

Not a great way to involve the community?
Not a great way to get innovation?

I'm sorry they had to delay launch to implement my critical suggestions.
Flomess

Activity: 705

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:40:14 PM

I think it's missleading to think that since the price is now twice their initial prediction they "payed" themselves more than they should've.
First of all, predicting the exact price of a coin prior of the launch it's a very hard think to do (in my opinion they did a good job with it: a 2x difference is nothing).
Secondly, the massive ammount of DCR is nothing more than DCR at the moment: the conversion into normal fiat isn't automatic. And they must detain a large amount of coins if they want to have influence over the coin itself (POS voting).
spatula

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:40:48 PM

The price is still too inflated for this coin to be taken seriously by cypto investors. There needs to be more market liquidity AND lower price, two things that are (in a lot of ways) kind of opposite of each other before new investors will bring money and interest into this coin.

Its really just gonna take time before that happens. If you want to speed it along, put your coins on the market and buy back in when we get closer to realistic valuation. Otherwise, hold on tight and wait. Either plan will work, just one might be more lucrative than the other.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:44:59 PM

The price is still too inflated for this coin to be taken seriously by cypto investors. There needs to be more market liquidity AND lower price, two things that are (in a lot of ways) kind of opposite of each other before new investors will bring money and interest into this coin.

Its really just gonna take time before that happens. If you want to speed it along, put your coins on the market and buy back in when we get closer to realistic valuation. Otherwise, hold on tight and wait. Either plan will work, just one might be more lucrative than the other.

What is "realistic valuation"?

The current price is completely realistic, because, well, it's real! What is more realistic than reality?

As you know, price is the result of the ratio between demand and supply.

The Marxist idea that things have "inherent value" has been discredited decades ago.

In other words, it's entirely possible the price will NEVER drop below the point it is now.

It's all about future expectations investors (myself included) have for the coin.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

everybody wants cheap DCR
but it's already cheap
the fud didn't work
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: