Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:22:38 PM

This coin have big potential, more buy is now Smiley

Bring up devs (c0) too gready. Too much premine. Leading to too much PoS rewards. More than 50% of all PoS rewards. That is 15% of all blocks for bring up devs. Bring up devs will have to "throttle back" to give others any chance of PoS reward. A chance to PoS if the pool is ready in time. Bring up devs get 450,000 decred PoS reward this year to sell. Probably more. Then again next year.  

The "bring up" devs, (c0) get all this PoS for nothing. (a "hidden bonus" on their premine) It's not going to decred devs.
decred devs get an empty pot. A pot that will receive LESS per block than c0 bring up devs will get. For nothing.

Now that decred dev pot must be spent (as it receives) on shit like wallets. Not innovation.
All hiding behind anonymous F _ingsoc.
This coin has little potential. Sense say sell now. collect your btc while you can.

Oh wait, you dont do details? facts? just opinion? just shill? just buy?

Are you that butthurt? All i see in your post history is fudding decred and neucoin. When you can't cheat a free distribution this is how you react?
Do you even understand how pos is working at decred as from what you say it doesn't seem so. Others won't have a chance to get a POS reward? How so? Their ticked won't be included in a block? Why excatly? There will be N number of tickets doesn't matter if 90% is bought by devs and 10% is bought by the others or 10% by the devs and 90% by the others because the number of possible tickets is the same. Every invidual will have the same chance not with like normal pos where the weight is stolen by the premine. The ticket price will be the same for the devs and for regular users too.
What about the premine...BTC, DASH, ETH, etc wasn't premined/instamined right.

Every sane person can realize that your words are clearly fuds for a whatever reason

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:29:10 PM

Very important   (Source cryptomining-blog.com )

The Decred Altcoin is About To Start Their PoS Phase

decred-stake-pool
The Decred (DCR) altcoin that has been generatijng a lot of attention lately is essentially a PoW + PoS crypto coin, however before the block 4096 it is going to be in Proof or Work mode and after that you would be able not only to mine, but also to Stake the coins you own in order to earn more DCR. The Decred block reward is divided in three parts: 60% for a mining, 30% for staking and 10% for the developers with a starting block reward of 31.19582664 DCR coins. This means that the PoW reward for a block is currently about 18.72 DCR, the total PoS rewards is going to be about 9.36 DCR (it could be divided in multiple parts) and the remaining about 3.12 DCR goes to the developers. Furthermore the per-block reward adjusts every 6144 blocks (approximately 21.33 days) by reducing by a factor of 100/101 or with other words ((31.19582664 * 100) / 101) for the first halving.
Since in a couple of hours we are going to reach the 4096 block and the PoS phase will also become active you could start staking any mined DCR coins that you have available in your wallet. Decred staking is a bit different than what most other coins use as a method for PoS and the fact that there is still no official GUI wallet and you need to use the command line wallet to activate staking makes it even harder for non advanced users. To enable staking you need to add the extra command line parameter “enablestakemining”, though there are some extra options also available that might help you such as the max price you pay for ticket or the minimum balance to maintain in your wallet.
Staking in Decred works in a similar way to a lottery, you purchase tickets with the available DCR coins you have (ticket price starts at 2 DCR), then wait for your ticket to be randomly chosen to validate a block or to be taken out of the lottery in 142 days. The coins you use for staking (purchasing tickets for the lottery) will be locked until they are either chosen and you get a reward or 142 days pass. According to the information the lottery lasts about 28 days average and the chance of a ticket not being selected in 142 days are less than 1%, but we’ll have to wait and see. Do note that in order to be successfully staking you need to have your wallet running and online 24/7 and have the wallet unlocked, otherwise you might miss your chance of winning.
The Decred team is also working on a PoS pool where you can delegate your voting rights and participate in the staking without having to run a local wallet all the time in order to stake and you don’t need to send DCR coins anywhere. There is already a test Decred Stake Pool running on the testnet, but you’ll have to wait for the staking phase to start and a pool for the mainnet to become available.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:15:46 PM

Trying to compare actual payout to what I should be getting.
With 400MH, how much DCR should I get in a day?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
badam

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:41:33 PM

Trying to compare actual payout to what I should be getting.
With 400MH, how much DCR should I get in a day?

If you are having a good configuration with not very much rejects i guess you should get around 0.7 DCR a day
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:58:24 PM

Bring up devs (c0) too gready. Too much premine. Leading to too much PoS rewards. More than 50% of all PoS rewards. That is 15% of all blocks for bring up devs. Bring up devs will have to "throttle back" to give others any chance of PoS reward. A chance to PoS if the pool is ready in time. Bring up devs get 450,000 decred PoS reward this year to sell. Probably more. Then again next year.  

The "bring up" devs, (c0) get all this PoS for nothing. (a "hidden bonus" on their premine) It's not going to decred devs.
decred devs get an empty pot. A pot that will receive LESS per block than c0 bring up devs will get. For nothing.

Now that decred dev pot must be spent (as it receives) on shit like wallets. Not innovation.
This coin has little potential. Sense say sell now. collect your btc while you can.

Are you that butthurt? All i see in your post history is fudding decred and neucoin. When you can't cheat a free distribution this is how you react?
Do you even understand how pos is working at decred as from what you say it doesn't seem so. Others won't have a chance to get a POS reward? How so? Their ticked won't be included in a block? Why excatly? There will be N number of tickets doesn't matter if 90% is bought by devs and 10% is bought by the others or 10% by the devs and 90% by the others because the number of possible tickets is the same. Every invidual will have the same chance not with like normal pos where the weight is stolen by the premine. The ticket price will be the same for the devs and for regular users too.

Every sane person can realize that your words are clearly fuds for a whatever reason

Oh, do you hold neucoin?  What about "other" alt coins? not comparable to bitcoin, sorry.
Your history shows you came here straight from trolling a different shitcoin!

So the PoS is different here? You clearly don't understand. No problem, I also found anonymous F _ingsoc particually unhelpful on this subject.
What does davecgh say about devs (he means c0 bring up devs) PoS rewards?  (is that davec here?)

davecgh says,
"The developers have publicly pledged that after an initial stake mining process to help secure the network, they will throttle their stake mining early on in order to help further foster decentralization. So, let's say only 50% of the airdrop coins only end up being used to mine stake. The developers would throttle their stake mining back accordingly."
forum.decred.org/threads/understanding-of-proof-of-stake.180/#post-2179

So "an initial stake mining process to secure the network" WTF is that?
Looks like davecgh and his chums had planned to PoS nearly all the decred rewards at the start.

I say "had" planned. With no PoS pool it will still happen.
(in part, because staking on the existing wallet is impractical/unachievable and will result in "very limited" participation)

As anonymous F _ingsoc stated, (in unrecognised response to my insight) "A stake pool is going up very soon (today or tomorrow [Feb 12]), so any user can get involved in voting and PoS mining using a web interface. That's critically important."

I got the promise of a pool for you. (same time I got launch delayed, remember?)
Will the PoS pool be delivered?

Then "after" that stake mining process, davecgh would "throttle back" their (c0 bring up devs) stake "accordingly"
Bullshit.
How can that be done except "manually" and "in response to" over staking and therefore over 50% of all PoS rewards?

What about compounding?
Try asking anonymous F _ingsoc. Anonymous for a reason.

badam

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:20:01 AM

Oh, do you hold neucoin?  What about "other" alt coins? not comparable to bitcoin, sorry.

So the PoS is different here? You clearly don't understand. No problem, I also found anonymous F _ingsoc particually unhelpful on this subject.
What does davecgh say about devs (he means c0 bring up devs) PoS rewards?  (is that davec here?)

davecgh says,
"The developers have publicly pledged that after an initial stake mining process to help secure the network, they will throttle their stake mining early on in order to help further foster decentralization. So, let's say only 50% of the airdrop coins only end up being used to mine stake. The developers would throttle their stake mining back accordingly."

Looks like davecgh and his chums had planned to PoS nearly all the decred rewards at the start.

(in part, because staking on the existing wallet is impractical/unachievable and will result in "very limited" participation)

As anonymous F _ingsoc stated, (in unrecognised response to my insight) "A stake pool is going up very soon (today or tomorrow [Feb 12]), so any user can get involved in voting and PoS mining using a web interface. That's critically important."

I got the promise of a pool for you. (same time I got launch delayed, remember?)

Then "after" that "stake mining process" davecgh would "throttle back" their (c0 bring up devs) stake "accordingly"
Bullshit.
How can that be done except "manually" and "in response to" over staking and therefore over 50% of all PoS rewards?

What about compounding?

You are quoting things, and commenting in a way that is may partially give you the truth but extracting sentences from their context does not mean that you are right, but that you are commenting it from your POV, i could explain the things to you but i see that there is no chance for that because you are having that horse-blind that prevents you from understanding decred.

You said that you checked my history, if you did that you saw that if i find a coin that is a scam i post it and i leave the thread, and give others the chance to decide if i am wrong or not. I challenge you to do the same, if you don't agree with decred just leave it everybody can see your opinion now(multiple times already) but your thing is clearly ridiculous as you refuse to understand the system even though everything is public, and you keep fudding with your conspiracy theories

If you are trying to build a reputation on this forum you have chosen the wrong way...or if you wan't to be recognized as a fudder just continue, hopefully bitcointalk will create FUDDER member rank too in the future so you can achieve that. There was scammer member rank in the past so why not? Roll Eyes

axxo

Activity: 916

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:31:55 AM

There's no room for meaningless accusation coming from trolls in this thread. Just hit the ignore button. That's it!  Grin

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:38:33 AM

davecgh says,

Then "after" that "stake mining process" davecgh would "throttle back" their (c0 bring up devs) stake "accordingly"
Bullshit.

What about compounding?

You are quoting things, and commenting in a way that is may partially give you the truth but extracting sentences from their context does not mean that you are right, but that you are commenting it from your POV, i could explain the things to you but i see that there is no chance for that because you are having that horse-blind that prevents you from understanding decred.

You said that you checked my history, if you did that you saw that if i find a coin that is a scam i post it and i leave the thread, and give others the chance to decide if i am wrong or not. I challenge you to do the same, if you don't agree with decred just leave it everybody can see your opinion now(multiple times already) but your thing is clearly ridiculous as you refuse to understand the system even though everything is public, and you keep fudding with your conspiracy theories

If you are trying to build a reputation on this forum you have chosen the wrong way...or if you wan't to be recognized as a fudder just continue, hopefully bitcointalk will create FUDDER member rank too in the future so you can achieve that. There was scammer member rank in the past so why not? Roll Eyes

You say I dont understand, yet you dont explain?

Beyondtext, anonymous F _ingsoc, who is correct here?
Thanks in advance.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:29:21 AM

"fudder member" LOL
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:49:57 AM

davecgh says,

Then "after" that stake mining process, davecgh would "throttle back" their (c0 bring up devs) stake "accordingly"
Bullshit.

What about compounding?

Yep, same Dave Collins: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=davecgh
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:40:41 AM

if this helps with distribution curve question

Exponential decay in subsidy or the number of coins generated per year. Also i gues that means no halving but steady decline.

I have not read this but i guess you will find a formula in there for block rewards.

https://decred.org/dtb001.pdf

EDIT: I cant find a number but this clears some things

1) The PoW and PoS subsidies account for 60% and 30% of each total block subsidy, respectively.

2)In order to have an ongoing source of funding for development work, a consensus rule has been added to allocate 10% of each block subsidy to a development organization.

Maybe we have to look at MC2 coin's ann which is found here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169204.msg1759914#msg1759914

Although it gives no starting block reward. Read point iii) Miner Reward Algorithm in this pdf

http://mc2.xwebnetwork.com/storage/mc2_0.05.pdf

Dev can you please say if you have changed any parameters from MC2 paper?

Are you and _ingsoc the same person?

Re: MC2 ("Netcoin"): A cryptocurrency based on a hybrid PoW/PoS system: Ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169204.msg2222860#msg2222860

http://whois.easycounter.com/netcoin.io

Domain : netcoin.io
Expiry : 2014-05-17
NS 1 : ns2.xwebnetwork.com
NS 2 : ns1.xwebnetwork.com
Owner : Phillip DeBruyn
: Phillip DeBruyn
: Whois Protege / Obfuscated whois
: Paris
: .
: FR

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169204.msg2221303#msg2221303

I registered netcoin.io primarily out of urgency a little while ago after a conversation with TT about it as we thought it could be a good potential domain name for Netcoin.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:57:09 AM

The funniest is that the fudder members write and write and write and are failing to make the price drop.
LordCoder

Activity: 712

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:22:29 AM

I love FUD in every coin released. In my cryptocurrency journey, it has been always the same.  Cool
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:40:35 AM

The funniest is that the fudder members write and write and write and are failing to make the price drop.

It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people). Also would be nice to get some info about if what Gleb dug out is true.
The price has not dropped, true, but the price hasnt really increased either and the trading has slowed down. Will see what happens when something actually happens, the pool opens or some new feature releases.
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:52:11 AM

It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people). Also would be nice to get some info about if what Gleb dug out is true.
The price has not dropped, true, but the price hasnt really increased either and the trading has slowed down. Will see what happens when something actually happens, the pool opens or some new feature releases.

Price didn't increase/dropp, because dcr hasn't been listed on Poloniex yet (look at Rads). Until we aren't there, there won't be any big movements.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:20:16 AM

Price didn't increase/dropp, because dcr hasn't been listed on Poloniex yet (look at Rads). Until we aren't there, there won't be any big movements.

Not a good example, Rads is a pump coin created by a few whales to do just that, get on Polo, pump and dump. Keep on milking those poor suckers. Getting added to Polo will cause a move up in price that is for sure, at least for a bit. I would rather put my money on the opening of the pool and maybe other developments, those could pump it up and keep the price on a higher level for a while. I got a feeling once the pump happens on Polo it will be followed by a very sharp decline.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 10:24:36 AM

It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people).

There have been responses. There is a big difference between civil discussion and the theater of the absurd. Fears are not wrapped in attacks that endure ad nauseam. Legitimate fear is approached from a constructive point of view, that is based in fact and reason. In fact, it's written up in the Decred Constitution. I quote it here so it's clear:

Free Speech and Consideration - Everyone has the right to communicate opinions and ideas without fear of censorship. Consideration shall be given to all constructive speech that is based in fact and reason.

Probably will mean nothing posting that - but I post it so that those who do care for a serious project can read it and see the principle from which the project operates. The dev will keep churning, the project will keep going, come hell or high water.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:44:32 AM

davecgh says,

Bullshit.

What about compounding?

You say I dont understand, yet you dont explain?

Beyondtext, anonymous F _ingsoc, who is correct here?
Thanks in advance.

Is my thesis correct here? (I think we both know it is correct, mr _ingsoc, but badam is confused)
12 hours till PoS?
Is the "critically important" pool ready? You did promise.

If I promise to be nice will you answer these questions?
The most factually based questions on this thread. Unanswered because i'm a bit grumpy?

I promise to be nice today if that helps.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:15:25 AM

Not a good example, Rads is a pump coin created by a few whales to do just that, get on Polo, pump and dump. Keep on milking those poor suckers. Getting added to Polo will cause a move up in price that is for sure, at least for a bit. I would rather put my money on the opening of the pool and maybe other developments, those could pump it up and keep the price on a higher level for a while. I got a feeling once the pump happens on Polo it will be followed by a very sharp decline.

Polo is like mintpal was at its good times. New coins are tanking, get accumulated and then the real pump is starting. If Decred gets added on Polo it will go down first  Smiley

badam

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:17:13 AM

As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/20 there are left 2024 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/21 there are left 2017 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: