Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:05:29 PM

I have added a port at suprnova for the stratum style connection that tpruvots ccminer uses. Stales/rejects should be a bit better especially with ccminer.

Check http://dcr.suprnova.cc main page for the port and a link to the miner
OC SUPRNOVA no it is worst on the stratum protocol.

Works fine here, if you're having trouble with the stratum port just use the normal one.

There is no "real" stratum for DCR now, it's basically just a getwork-over-stratum (over tcp) connection, so you're mining absolutely same on both ports, one connection is persistent while the other is http based.
1.7.3 ccminer with the getwork protocol works good. thx  oc  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:30:37 PM

You are missing that the webwallet for decred is a hybrid and more likely a web client than a web wallet. With the seed you can restore anytime your wallet because it is not stored online. @decred I am proposing to rename webwallet to DCR WebClient as the actual name is leading to a lot of misunderstandings

This has been raised elsewhere as well and should receive attention. The web wallet is a client that runs in your browser. The name can indeed cause confusion thinking the wallet is somehow stored server-side (which is incorrect), so this is a good point to address.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:36:03 PM

You are missing that the webwallet for decred is a hybrid and more likely a web client than a web wallet. With the seed you can restore anytime your wallet because it is not stored online. @decred I am proposing to rename webwallet to DCR WebClient as the actual name is leading to a lot of misunderstandings

This has been raised elsewhere as well and should receive attention. The web wallet is a client that runs in your browser. The name can indeed cause confusion thinking the wallet is somehow stored server-side (which is incorrect), so this is a good point to address.
Hi decred dev...yes....and I have my coins on the pool....but if I were to use a web client where do the coins go..they wouldn't be on the pool..and some say their not on the web client.. so a GUI wallet is needed badly.
zsnorbi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:39:05 PM

Hi decred dev...yes....and I have my coins on the pool....but if I were to use a web client where do the coins go..they wouldn't be on the pool..and some say their not on the web client.. so a GUI wallet is needed badly.

Mate this was said gazillion times already. The coins will be stored in a wallet that is located in your browsers cookies. You can restore that wallet anytime using the seed to a future gui wallet or current cli wallet or another web wallet
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:40:38 PM

As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins

Yes i checked it twice that's a  2 Grin

Looking good, only two nonbelievers for today.  Grin

Well for now, all the crash and burn nay sayers should read and weep the above stats which are unequivocal

all these guys are holding for reasons only known to them, a continued slow release is healthy for the future

It seems the airdrop has gone quite the opposite that i was expecting it to. I really was thinking that the sales will be a lot higher and the claim rate would be over 80+ at least for now but seems i was very wrong. As for why they haven't claimed yet, maybe they are really interested in the long run. Pretty sure many are also just waiting for a proper GUI wallet so that they could start staking as the other options really just suck.

Maybe these numbers are faked. Sure, "airdrop addresses" exist. But do "airdrop receivers" exist? Who knows?

Checkout the view count: First Decred Block # 1 created Decred is better than Bitcoin

lol nice find^ ~ poloniex looks spooked by the epic premine! no wallet still? bwaahahaha :-)

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

Mate this was said gazillion times already. The coins will be stored in a wallet that is located in your browsers cookies. You can restore that wallet anytime using the seed to a future gui wallet or current cli wallet or another web wallet

and again: the coins always reside on the blockchain, so indeed, they're on everybody's computer, and only you can access them with your keys. =s keep your seed safe

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:43:07 PM

If you use the web wallet, the DCR goes to your wallet on your computer. The web wallet is just an interface - the wallet sits on your own computer. It is a true wallet, not an account service. But yes, a GUI is crucial - it is the reason RFP0001 is about bringing that forward.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:12:29 PM

Ok thx  I'll have to keep them on the pool then.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:16:40 PM

As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins

Well for now, all the crash and burn nay sayers should read and weep the above stats which are unequivocal

all these guys are holding for reasons only known to them, a continued slow release is healthy for the future

It seems the airdrop has gone quite the opposite that i was expecting it to. I really was thinking that the sales will be a lot higher and the claim rate would be over 80+ at least for now but seems i was very wrong. As for why they haven't claimed yet, maybe they are really interested in the long run. Pretty sure many are also just waiting for a proper GUI wallet so that they could start staking as the other options really just suck.

Maybe these numbers are faked. Sure, "airdrop addresses" exist. But do "airdrop receivers" exist? Who knows?

Checkout the view count: First Decred Block # 1 created Decred is better than Bitcoin

No chance to prove doubters wrong. There will always be doubters.

Sorry if my numbers confirm as to why your numbers.

Sorry, I'm lost. What's your point?

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:09:25 PM

If you are an "advanced" user, you can use the desktop client without gui.
For mac, linux, windows and raspberry pi https://github.com/decred/dcrd/releases
poolmn

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:14:34 PM

We've added Stratum for use at http://pool.mn/dcr with ccminer too:

stratum+tcp://dcr.pool.mn:4800

Thanks oc for the help !

https://pool.mn - 0.99% fee
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:18:01 PM

For mac, linux, windows and raspberry pi https://github.com/decred/dcrd/releases

Once you get the hang of it, it's not too "advanced." It's a lot easier than running some programs on a Commodore 64, or even an Apple II.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:31:44 PM

No I'm not... but thanks anyway.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:50:53 PM

No chance to prove doubters wrong. There will always be doubters.

Sorry if my numbers confirm as to why your numbers.

Sorry, I'm lost. What's your point?

Sure, not meant as dis toward Decred. Also, appreciate your time in posting the depiction.

Your numbers reflect that only ~32% of airdrop recipients have opted to claim their windfall. I merely pointed out that of the few Decred YouTube videos that have been uploaded over time depict über-low view counts putting the actual number of recipients in questions, again, not a dis.

I chose this video because it had the most view counts for the search term "Decred" at the time (and still now) with just over 100 views, now standing at 208, doubled since I linked to it on this thread. I'm just taken aback that the counts (other Decred video don't enjoy view counts over 100) aren't much higher given that folks are expressing issues, hence normally seeking out solutions on boards and, yes, YouTube videos. I contend that the view counts should be no less than 1/3 of the airdrop recipients given that 1/3 have already exited and the other third is well-versed.

Just an observation I'm sharing, accepting any proof of the contrary.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:01:15 PM

Sure, not meant as dis toward Decred. Also, appreciate your time in posting the depiction.

Your numbers reflect that only ~32% of airdrop recipients have opted to claim their windfall. I merely pointed out that of the few Decred YouTube videos that have been uploaded over time depict über-low view counts putting the actual number of recipients in questions, again, not a dis.

I chose this video because it had the most view counts for the search term "Decred" at the time (and still now) with just over 100 views, now standing at 208, doubled since I linked to it on this thread. I'm just taken aback that the counts (other Decred video don't enjoy view counts over 100) aren't much higher given that folks are expressing issues, hence normally seeking out solutions on boards and, yes, YouTube videos. I contend that the view counts should be no less than 1/3 of the airdrop recipients given that 1/3 have already exited and the other third is well-versed.

novag

Activity: 687

novag

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:11:41 PM

This coin have big potential, more buy is now Smiley

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:06:50 PM

Seriously, EmilioMann? Did you happen to forget how closely related you are to Decred when you opted to call me an idiot after sharing with the community a minor truism? What next? DaveC rejoining the convo?

Yes, there is apparently 1,023 members of the official forum controlled by the dev team; it would probably be completely impossible for them to inflate the number of users by changing a number in a database, right? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out that there is no transparency in the process.

I'm more curious why it would even matter if it were true.  As a thought experiment, let's assume for a moment that everything you say were to actually happen.  Also, let's assume that all of the remaining 5,000 spots minus all of the people that have publicly posted they were accepted into the airdrop were filled by nothing but successful scammers, devs, and little magical fairies.  In that scenario, everyone that managed to get in still receives 168 coins for FREE.  Anything less than 5,000 spots means the participants get even more than that.  Nobody was asked for or paid any money.  This really seems like complaining about receiving free money to me.

Further, if the devs wanted to keep all the coins, why would they have even bothered with an airdrop to begin with?  The suggestion that they went through the entire airdrop process, of which there are already a huge number of people that have publicly posted they were accepted to, in order to turn around and keep the very same coins they simply could've simply kept to begin with seems like an whole heck of a lot of work to end up with less coins than they would've had without it.

Decred could've easily stated that they'll do their best to make sure that folks aren't gaming the system via participation in the airdrop for a limited 5,000 participants. But, Decred opted to up the ante after being approached with how the system could easily be gamed (by me - NO OTHERS to date), whereupon they responded with having layers of defense mechanisms in place to ward off said gaming.

Unless you spoke to them via PMs where more was stated, which is certainly possible, it appears to me like you are overstating the response.  I remember seeing the response and what you're saying here is not what I remembered reading, so I went and found the response.  Here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg13493398#msg13493398

I'll quote the relevant pieces:

This is a fair concern. There are a number of verification steps involved ... No system is going to be perfect, but reasonable steps can be taken to make it as inclusive and fair as possible.

I don't see anything there at all that even remotely implies "layers of defense mechanisms".  In fact, quite to the contrary, they even acknowledged the system wasn't "going to be perfect".  I personally read "but reasonable steps can be taken to make it as inclusive and fair as possible" as doing exactly what you said where they could have "easily stated that they'll do their best to make sure that folks aren't gaming the system".

davec is very much part of the Decred team, but you wouldn't think it via the exchange above.

In case you're not aware, EmilioMann, you don't wanna fuck with me in this thread. SERIOUSLY!
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:22:23 PM

Gleb, you applied for a dozen or so airdrops? How many airdrops did you receive?
Can you share that info?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:38:02 PM

Gleb, you applied for a dozen or so airdrops? How many airdrops did you receive?
Can you share that info?

I missed a dozen or so airdrops because I was too busy fuckin' with the Cryptsy thread, perhaps a couple others during that time. In hindsight, I probably could've easily profited over three grand if I simply kept my mouth shut and partook.

That said, again, I have no issues with Decred unless, that is, their comrades think it's prudent to shove it up my ass, whereupon I'd revert to my favorite pastime - Google-fu.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:10:32 PM

This coin have big potential, more buy is now Smiley

Bring up devs (c0) too gready. Too much premine. Leading to too much PoS rewards. More than 50% of all PoS rewards. That is 15% of all blocks for bring up devs. Bring up devs will have to "throttle back" to give others any chance of PoS reward. A chance to PoS if the pool is ready in time. Bring up devs get 450,000 decred PoS reward this year to sell. Probably more. Then again next year.  

The "bring up" devs, (c0) get all this PoS for nothing. (a "hidden bonus" on their premine) It's not going to decred devs.
decred devs get an empty pot. A pot that will receive LESS per block than c0 bring up devs will get. For nothing.

Now that decred dev pot must be spent (as it receives) on shit like wallets. Not innovation.
All hiding behind anonymous F _ingsoc.
This coin has little potential. Sense say sell now. collect your btc while you can.

Oh wait, you dont do details? facts? just opinion? just shill? just buy?

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: