Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:24:34 PM

Seems Decred isnt really catching on? Not really traded with nice volume, are devs serious about this coin? Any killer features? Marketing?

Do you even research bro?

Nice 50 btc market buys yesterday  Grin

I didn't even take the post seriously enough to respond...  Roll Eyes

Why not? the price isnt really appreciating. What is for Decred on the line for me to invest at this moment? What is the roadmap of the devs regarding new features, partnerships and marketing? I like this project and consider investing some but i dont hear much from it or from the devs talking about it in public, also seems the roadmap is just software updates deamon and gui related, nothing big really.

Any input from devs themselves? Why is there no marketing? Why would i as an investor put my money into Decred? It seems you guys arent really serious about this, there is not activity in marketing whatsoever.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:18:11 PM

Seems Decred isnt really catching on? Not really traded with nice volume, are devs serious about this coin? Any killer features? Marketing?

Do you even research bro?

Nice 50 btc market buys yesterday  Grin

I didn't even take the post seriously enough to respond...  Roll Eyes

Why not? the price isnt really appreciating. What is for Decred on the line for me to invest at this moment? What is the roadmap of the devs regarding new features, partnerships and marketing? I like this project and consider investing some but i dont hear much from it or from the devs talking about it in public, also seems the roadmap is just software updates deamon and gui related, nothing big really.

Any input from devs themselves? Why is there no marketing? Why would i as an investor put my money into Decred? It seems you guys arent really serious about this, there is not activity in marketing whatsoever.

why does Dcred need marketing while its still in development? so it can be overhyped and pumped and then dumped into the ground like the rest of the altcoins out there?
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:42:16 PM

If you need to ask if the developers are serious about this coin, you're either not paying attention, or you are intentionally misrepresenting your intentions. Simply put, these are the questions of the typical pumper/dumper, chasing some new shinny thing of wonder...

If you expect others to give you reasons to put money into Decred as "an investor", then you shouldn't! It's really that simple. I'd imagine that someone with such a substantial posting history would know better... On the other hand, the implication that marketing is any affirmation of the seriousness of the project, speaks volumes about your motives and expectations here. Best of luck.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:56:29 PM

If you need to ask if the developers are serious about this coin, you're either not paying attention, or you are intentionally misrepresenting your intentions. Simply put, these are the questions of the typical pumper/dumper, chasing some new shinny thing of wonder...

If you expect others to give you reasons to put money into Decred as "an investor", then you shouldn't! It's really that simple. I'd imagine that someone with such a substantial posting history would know better... On the other hand, the implication that marketing is any affirmation of the seriousness of the project, speaks volumes about your motives and expectations here. Best of luck.

Funny how u get all defensive, typicall pump and dumper? no shit im a trader we buy low sell high, u didnt give 1 valid argument why its worth it to buy decred, instead u are just making things personal. Seems decred wont go anywhere if this is how they want to continue.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:00:33 PM

Funny how u get all defensive, typicall pump and dumper? no shit im a trader we buy low sell high, u didnt give 1 valid argument why its worth it to buy decred, instead u are just making things personal. Seems decred wont go anywhere if this is how they want to continue.

If that's how you read it, all good with me. Again, best of luck.

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:12:11 PM

I don't think I could have made a better job getting his point across in a more polite manner. What he said is true. If you approach the coin from the point of view of a trader rather than an investor (and the terms couldn't be more different), it has little to offer.

I would also not equate seriousness with either marketing or even success. As far as seriousness goes, and as far as I am concerned the devs have already proven themselves with their behavior and results. it is too early for marketing and there are never guarantees about success anyway, not to mention a definition that we could all agree on. A series of Pumps and dumps could make it a huge success for traders but a failure for investors.

I cannot provide arguments for long term investment on this or any other coin. I believe and hope it will keep on being developed to the point it can be marketed properly (yes there is a place for marketing) and eventually be adopted and have decent share in the crypto pie. But in the end, it's all a gamble.

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:55:04 PM

I don't think I could have made a better job getting his point across in a more polite manner. What he said is true. If you approach the coin from the point of view of a trader rather than an investor (and the terms couldn't be more different), it has little to offer.

I would also not equate seriousness with either marketing or even success. As far as seriousness goes, and as far as I am concerned the devs have already proven themselves with their behavior and results. it is too early for marketing and there are never guarantees about success anyway, not to mention a definition that we could all agree on. A series of Pumps and dumps could make it a huge success for traders but a failure for investors.

I cannot provide arguments for long term investment on this or any other coin. I believe and hope it will keep on being developed to the point it can be marketed properly (yes there is a place for marketing) and eventually be adopted and have decent share in the crypto pie. But in the end, it's all a gamble.

Well said. This is a good project for the long term investment.
gravityz3r0

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:15:00 PM

More importantly, the price of the DCR is rock solid, despite the volatility experienced by BTC for the past few weeks. I'd prefer a slow but stable appreciation rather than a pump & dump coin.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:56:18 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 09:10:49 PM by dbt1033

Hello everyone,

The developers have put forward a development roadmap for the software that details short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals. These are actionable goals, many of which already receive active development, but they are considered actionable as development activity in these directions will produce the stated outcomes, which users will see, be able to use, and benefit from in the software.

In the drafting of this development roadmap, it was important not to forecast too far into the future, so that Decred may remain versatile and adaptable to changing conditions in the field. Users can have confidence that these goals are on the developers' minds as they continue working toward them and will begin taking form as progress manifests in the different areas. Attainment of these goals will lay a very strong foundation both through the software and the project upon which to continue building and eventually expand into new areas.

All of these goals aim to work together to establish Decred as a global decentralized network and platform for accessible representation through collective voting and consensus-based decision-making on issues. And that's where it starts.

Short-term (Current) Goals
Daemon
  • Sync in the new database from btcd to prepare for voting on hard and soft forks.
  • Integrate existing Decred consensus rules into the new format inherited from btcd.
  • Demonstrate voting on a simple hardfork.
  • Clean up codebase, extend test coverage, better integrate new btcd features that were quickly merged in.
  • Clean up cryptographic libraries and remove the interface from chainec. Instead, use simple wrappers to reduce overhead.
  • Integrate latest Bitcoin softforks.

Wallet
  • Speed up calls that are heavily used by dcrstakepool, such as getstakeinfo.
  • Add new RPC functionality to the gRPC interface, preparing it for general use.

Governance
  • Make voting simple and easy to use across platforms, from the stake pool to the wallet.
  • Create a website to track voting and easily display information about voting to the end user.
  • Create the initial Decred Assembly and begin making decisions to steer development in public.

GUI
  • Finish the GUI for Windows and polish the externals for presentation.
  • Wire in stake related components of the GUI.
  • Create a one click file to setup and start the GUI, with Tor integration for connectivity.
  • Add a simple functionality to look up and update the daemon and wallet if a new version comes out.

Stakepool
  • Speed up stakepool by using asynchronous calls to the various wallets.
  • Handle situations in which the wallets are desynced without causing failure.
  • Allow external modification of the server's state, e.g. allow triggering maintenance mode.

Scripting language and IDE
  • Finalize the specifications and syntax for the scripting language.
  • Complete the initial implementation of the scripting language, with emphasis on optimization and ease of use.
  • Ensure the scripting language is backwards compatible with Bitcoin scripting, so that the entire Bitcoin-derived ecosystem benefits.

Mining
  • Get gominer functional and into production across multiple platforms.
  • Create specifications and a proof-of-concept implementation for a new mining protocol based on stratum.

Medium-term (3-6 Months) Goals
Daemon
  • Discuss and implement new opcodes to further extend the functionality of the scriping language.
  • Implement multipeer syncing.
  • Design specifications and an implementation for a merkle tree tracking the UTXO set, to enable very fast syncing.

Wallet
  • Separate voting into its own independent process, similar to dcrticketbuyer.
  • Discuss and add basic privacy features, such as single use accounts and merge avoidance.

Scripting language and IDE
  • Have scripting language IDE functional. Integrate new opcodes into the scripting language.

Long-term (6+ Months) Goals
  • Investigate low-cost bidirectional sidechains that operate as PoS chains feeding from the main chain. Discuss the integration of other popular scripting languages or advanced privacy features on a PoS sidechain.
  • Begin integration of the Golang implementation of the Lightning Network.
  • Discuss the application of smart contracts to governance, and building a traditional corporate structure aided by smart contracts. If possible, transfer the development subsidy funds to more decentralized ownership.

Sincerely,
Decred Project

Source: Development Roadmap

Roadmap repost for the haters/noobs that refuse to read the thread.  
DCR is an investment; don't forget.

@Netnox, I would expect someone with your post history to be familiar with doing his own research by now.  Especially if you are a trader.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:25:51 PM

The project is good yeah, but without marketing it wont go anywhere, even if the project isnt finished i havent seen any dcr dev even mentioning of having plans to go out there and promote it.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:14:05 AM

The project is good yeah, but without marketing it wont go anywhere, even if the project isnt finished i havent seen any dcr dev even mentioning of having plans to go out there and promote it.

Fuck that!  We all know what is under the hood.  I'm totally ok with accumulating here Cheesy

I'm sure marketing will come when DCR is more mature.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:30:30 AM

You failed to answer my question, why market an imcomplete product, looks at recent marketed coins, waves/rise for example. both marketed and hyped up, now being dumped on their ass's. Does not help they where just another ICO con like most of them.
DCRED does not need to be marketed at this point. many would rather the development continue and once closer to a full release or a complete full release then the hype and marketing can be done, atleast then they have everything there for people to judge, or put into use.
DCRED is a long term project, althou if you where the trader you claim to be you would be trading on the swings that have been happening recently. Atleast there is generally a stable price and consistant updates from devs on what they are upto unlike alot of other coins out there.
liquidfunds

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:12:14 AM

when will the GUI wallet come out?

OldschoolNoob

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:54:18 AM

That is exactly the point buddy. This was not an hyped up ICO premine - but a coin started by devs and few thousand people who were the original fundraisers for starting up - no ICO - no hype = quality coin with long term investment and a potential to change the world of crypto in a profound manner in a year, two or five - doesn't matter , this is organic project -devs are transparent, but are not marketing on purpose, because they are really the real deal. And the whole tech as well as the community. Check out the DCR forums, alot action.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 03:20:34 AM

So i got some DCR from the start. I sold at almost the peak and bought them back for half the price. The question is, why someone should put a few btc on DCR?

I am following just a tiny bit what is happening, but really just random posts every now and then. So if someone asks what is DCR and why should someone put money on it, what is the one paragraph explaining of what is DCR and why should someone invest on it?

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:51:55 AM

So i got some DCR from the start. I sold at almost the peak and bought them back for half the price. The question is, why someone should put a few btc on DCR?

I am following just a tiny bit what is happening, but really just random posts every now and then. So if someone asks what is DCR and why should someone put money on it, what is the one paragraph explaining of what is DCR and why should someone invest on it?

There are a lot of paragraphs here https://docs.decred.org/
Penttikuisma

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:06:31 AM

POS is the thing. Decred is one of the best altcoins out there.
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:57:18 AM

[ANN] is well written and seems serious, but one unanswered question:

Ultimately, where are you guys going with this? What's DCR's end goal?
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:37:00 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 03:13:02 PM by dbt1033

[ANN] is well written and seems serious, but one unanswered question:

Ultimately, where are you guys going with this? What's DCR's end goal?

We wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To mine them is our real test
To stake them is our cause!!!!!!!

We will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Decred coin to understand
The power that's inside

Decred Coin! Gotta mine 'em all! It's you and me
I know it's our destiny,
Decred Coin! Oh you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Decred Coin! A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through,

You teach me and I'll teach you,
Decred Coin! Gotta mine 'em all

myagui
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:10:22 PM

Just had my 1st ever "expired" ticket without having been picked. Was mined on February 8th, ticket price was 2 DCR, and the unlucky bugger never got his chance to shine!  Grin Grin

This was on my personal wallet as pools were even not around at the time (let alone the awesome one in my signature  Cheesy), but it does have me wondering: Once pool staking tickets get old enough and expire, will they simply show up on the pool stats just like any missed ticket?

I understand this is not a big deal, since all pools would average about the same rate of expired tickets, so everyone's stats are equally impacted (roughly), but it just feels awkward that these will get recorded as missed, though in fact, they just never got picked.   Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: